Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge (part 3)

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy bl

Post by floozyfloo »

Thoughts on this?? I'm pretty sure it's pointed at Fashion Mumblr who literally faked her way into the industry, but who else??

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

floozyfloo wrote:Image

Thoughts on this?? I'm pretty sure it's pointed at Fashion Mumblr who literally faked her way into the industry, but who else??
Wasn't there rumors that Vic had bought followers way back when?

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

Clover la BonBon wrote:
floozyfloo wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.imgur.com/W9ruTk6.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>W9ruTk6</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

I wasn't aware but maybe! Fashion Mumblr commented on the post whinging about it too, so obviously buying followers is only annoying for competing bloggers to do, but for those who have already 'made it', it's totally fine.

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Post by Satellites »

Whyyyy does she wear such hot clothes when it's so hot? In the latest vlog, you can see people around her are in dresses, spaghetti straps, shorts etc and there's Vic looking odd as fuck in an actual JUMPER and jeans on what is clearly a warm day. I just don't understand it?? She lives in the UK and has no option but to spend months wearing warm clothes, why not enjoy the warm weather and chuck on a dress?!

Gennyve
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Gennyve »

Satellites wrote:Whyyyy does she wear such hot clothes when it's so hot? In the latest vlog, you can see people around her are in dresses, spaghetti straps, shorts etc and there's Vic looking odd as fuck in an actual JUMPER and jeans on what is clearly a warm day. I just don't understand it?? She lives in the UK and has no option but to spend months wearing warm clothes, why not enjoy the warm weather and chuck on a dress?!
The same reason everybody is boiling hot in jumpers and coats at FWin September and freezing cold in Jan/Feb. They're promoting the current collection for the current season so people can buy it. And that's not just bloggers and influencers, that's Blake Lively and Jennifer Lawrence and anyone who goes at all. It's the whole point and it's industry standard. What do you expect people to be wearing, last season clothes? Obviously they're wearing what's currently in store. Sometimes they'll dress people in clothes from the actual show they're attending but that's usually for celebrities not every brand wants to do it really because why advertise something that won't be in store for the next 5 months that will be photographed on the runway anyway. If you're having people visit your show and dressing them for it you'll want them to promote what you're currently selling. It's basic marketing and basic marketing does not care for sweat and hot.

The only thing you can be annoyed at her for is not being open about it (Doina is, for example). Although she just might not be hot 100% of the time, some people get colder easily than others. Or it can actually be sunny and chilly and other people overestimated the temperature due to the sun? I get constructive criticism but assuming the weather or how someone is feeling by looking at a photo sounds pretty childish to me, sorry.
I don't think she should come out and say 'I'm here for the VB show (for example) and wearing VB's current collection' because it's sort of obvious, isn't it?
I've been cold or hot because of an outfit I've wanted to wear and really don't see a problem with that.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Clover la BonBon wrote:
floozyfloo wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.imgur.com/W9ruTk6.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>W9ruTk6</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Yes. She was in Chicago and moaning about people buying followers and how they were refreshing a bloggers Insta and the count was going up too fast. Then a few days later her Insta following jumped 8000 in a day and when people commented she said she'd never buy followers and would look into what happened.

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Post by Satellites »

Gennyve wrote:
Satellites wrote:Whyyyy does she wear such hot clothes when it's so hot? In the latest vlog, you can see people around her are in dresses, spaghetti straps, shorts etc and there's Vic looking odd as fuck in an actual JUMPER and jeans on what is clearly a warm day. I just don't understand it?? She lives in the UK and has no option but to spend months wearing warm clothes, why not enjoy the warm weather and chuck on a dress?!
The same reason everybody is boiling hot in jumpers and coats at FWin September and freezing cold in Jan/Feb. They're promoting the current collection for the current season so people can buy it. And that's not just bloggers and influencers, that's Blake Lively and Jennifer Lawrence and anyone who goes at all. It's the whole point and it's industry standard. What do you expect people to be wearing, last season clothes? Obviously they're wearing what's currently in store. Sometimes they'll dress people in clothes from the actual show they're attending but that's usually for celebrities not every brand wants to do it really because why advertise something that won't be in store for the next 5 months that will be photographed on the runway anyway. If you're having people visit your show and dressing them for it you'll want them to promote what you're currently selling. It's basic marketing and basic marketing does not care for sweat and hot.

The only thing you can be annoyed at her for is not being open about it (Doina is, for example). Although she just might not be hot 100% of the time, some people get colder easily than others. Or it can actually be sunny and chilly and other people overestimated the temperature due to the sun? I get constructive criticism but assuming the weather or how someone is feeling by looking at a photo sounds pretty childish to me, sorry.
I don't think she should come out and say 'I'm here for the VB show (for example) and wearing VB's current collection' because it's sort of obvious, isn't it?
I've been cold or hot because of an outfit I've wanted to wear and really don't see a problem with that.
I mean.. apart from the fact that she even said she was too hot in the clothes? And had to go back and change because it was so warm out, and then still put on more knitwear that she later said she was too hot in again.

I guess fair enough she's promoting clothes but it seems really weird to be out sight-seeing, not at an actual show, and still be wearing clothes you admit to feeling too hot in. She's done it before, last year she was at Disneyland Florida wearing a jumper in the middle of summer and she said she was too hot then as well. Not to mention the clothing she was wearing and "promoting" wasn't even by the brands she was working with ie armani/bulgari. I mean, fair enough she could still be being paid to promote them, who knows, but she has agency to choose when and wear she does that and it doesn't HAVE to be on a super warm day. But that's okay, you have a different opinion to me and I think it's sillier to be wearing clothes that you feel too hot/uncomfortable in than "last season's" (??? not sure how that can be totally possible when in my country we're just going into summer so... not every item suitable for summer will be last season) clothes.

Post by Guest »

Satellites wrote:I mean.. apart from the fact that she even said she was too hot in the clothes? And had to go back and change because it was so warm out, and then still put on more knitwear that she later said she was too hot in again.

I guess fair enough she's promoting clothes but it seems really weird to be out sight-seeing, not at an actual show, and still be wearing clothes you admit to feeling too hot in. She's done it before, last year she was at Disneyland Florida wearing a jumper in the middle of summer and she said she was too hot then as well. Not to mention the clothing she was wearing and "promoting" wasn't even by the brands she was working with ie armani/bulgari. I mean, fair enough she could still be being paid to promote them, who knows, but she has agency to choose when and wear she does that and it doesn't HAVE to be on a super warm day. But that's okay, you have a different opinion to me and I think it's sillier to be wearing clothes that you feel too hot/uncomfortable in than "last season's" (??? not sure how that can be totally possible when in my country we're just going into summer so... not every item suitable for summer will be last season) clothes.
I think the problem is that she gets decked head to toe in items that she is promoting. She could wear a lighter last season's top and pair it with shoes/trousers/bags/jackets from the current season. styling with items from past seasons will only show versatility, which she doesn't obviously have. And A/W fashion isn't all knitwear is it? It's just that she chooses to layer knitwear underneath coats and dresses and other tops and then complains its too hot. I'm sure there is definitely inconvenience involved for wearing A/W pieces right now but she doesn't even try to style them cleverly or use pieces from previous seasons. Her style, or lack thereof, is just boring.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

I came here to comment on her Milan video as well. She sounded an absolute tit for saying she felt too hot in her jumper, but then goes on about how gorgeous it is. She literally just wants to get an Instagram outside an Italian building in a particular outfit, this is what we've come to. When you physically suffer to pretend your life is great on Instagram. Same thing happened with Zoella recently when she said the chain strap of a new designer bag was really hurting her and leaving marks, but she loved it and wanted to take pictures.

I don't envy Victoria's wardrobe or lifestyle, I think it's sad that she goes round feeling uncomfortable just so she can tell herself she's a fashion expert. I read so many fashion magazines and websites, and I NEVER see her featured in the fashion week roundups from any country! They include so many women seeing the shows. What a waste of money on that wardrobe when every fashion editor thinks she's too irrelevant or poorly styled to include. I did laugh that Amelia has just been made a contributing beauty editor of Tatler magazine (the print version) and is in the masthead and everything. Poor Vics, still pretending she's a journalist because she gets to write a blog for the digital site of Company or Cosmo (can't even remember which) once a month. She's always so bargain basement.

Someone mentioned Alex going to Amelia and her mum for engagement ring help, and I did cynically feel that was to get help with the cost. They are such a rich family, they probably have loads of contacts with jewellers who could have given a discount. It would have been more personal and way less snobby for Alex to go ring shopping with Victoria's mum or best friend, but they're obviously not high fashion enough, and definitely not any use with the cost.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

GetRichFromLies wrote:I did laugh that Amelia has just been made a contributing beauty editor of Tatler magazine (the print version) and is in the masthead and everything
Amelia only got that to that position because of her family and their status. Her family is friends with the new Tatler Editor, Richard Dennen. He let go of all columnists and recruited loads of London Rich kids to be „contribute editors“ even though they have no experience in journalism. So yeah.. Amelia only got lucky really

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

PowderGirl wrote:
GetRichFromLies wrote:I did laugh that Amelia has just been made a contributing beauty editor of Tatler magazine (the print version) and is in the masthead and everything
Amelia only got that to that position because of her family and their status. Her family is friends with the new Tatler Editor, Richard Dennen. He let go of all columnists and recruited loads of London Rich kids to be „contribute editors“ even though they have no experience in journalism. So yeah.. Amelia only got lucky really
OT but what a shit thing to do

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

She’s starting to look like Elastigirl from The Incredibles, minus the boobs. Narrow cartoon frame that’s unproportional to her hips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

What bothers me about Victoria is that she rags on people who fake engagement/buy followers (imo: I hate this too as someone who manages influencer campaigns), but she is okay with overly Photoshopping and create photos that look super fake. Ie. adding birds, air balloons, etc.

While not on the same level of dishonesty, but I think it creates this unrealistic view on instagram just the same.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

PowderGirl wrote:
She was she going on about that she used to be a magazine beauty editor before youtube. Lies! They're all liars. Amelia's deep voice kills me, still not as bad as high pitched Victoria though.

Angelismo
Informer
Informer

Post by Angelismo »

I dont understand why would Victoria shame people for buyibg followers and likes on instagram when she bought herself more than 10k followers at the beginning od the year?

ALWAYS ALWAYS its the case of hiding something and trying to put shame on someone else because you did exact same

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

Angelismo wrote:I dont understand why would Victoria shame people for buyibg followers and likes on instagram when she bought herself more than 10k followers at the beginning od the year?

ALWAYS ALWAYS its the case of hiding something and trying to put shame on someone else because you did exact same
Exactly! The whole 'let's talk about it' shit has proved how vapid and dishonest influencers really are. There are SO many influencers commenting support like 'omg totally agree, how stupid are brands when they don't check' etc etc etc, when them themselves are currently buying followers and engagement! It's just crazy.

glitter_makeup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by glitter_makeup »

Totally agree that Victoria is as fake as the 'influencers' she is writing about. If she knows people like Fashion Mumblr has cheated her way to brand work (which pretty much everyone now seems to know) why did she invite Josie to her handbag launch? I don't get her, she is as false as her lips! I think that Victoria is sly with buying her followers and lets not forget she never did find out why her following grew so much overnight a while back...even though it was being 'looked into'....mmmmmmmm :roll:

Angelismo
Informer
Informer

Post by Angelismo »

Guess who just grew again 10k more followers? So i was following Victorias instagram drama whole morning and was telling my friend about it in the afternoon, so showed her @inthefrow and realised she is on 10k more within just 2 hours.
Soooo obvious Vic. Can not wait for that software that you are talking about so you can finally be out

evolsirap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by evolsirap »

Angelismo wrote:Guess who just grew again 10k more followers? So i was following Victorias instagram drama whole morning and was telling my friend about it in the afternoon, so showed her @inthefrow and realised she is on 10k more within just 2 hours.
Soooo obvious Vic. Can not wait for that software that you are talking about so you can finally be out
Either she’s really stupid or someone has it out for her lol.

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

glitter_makeup wrote:Totally agree that Victoria is as fake as the 'influencers' she is writing about. If she knows people like Fashion Mumblr has cheated her way to brand work (which pretty much everyone now seems to know) why did she invite Josie to her handbag launch? I don't get her, she is as false as her lips! I think that Victoria is sly with buying her followers and lets not forget she never did find out why her following grew so much overnight a while back...even though it was being 'looked into'....mmmmmmmm :roll:
Yup, I didn't get the fashion mumblr part either. She has over 100k followers, yet each photo is 3k likes max, and Victoria talked to her on twitter about buying followers as if Josie was not doing it. I'm lost hahaha.

Return to “Inthefrow”