Jamie Paige

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Re: Jamie Paige

Post by neonlemonade »

I thought she would get rid of more of the bulbousy end to her nose. I had to compare a before and after shot to really even notice the difference. It's good she didn't go extreme with it, but I guess I was underwhelmed with the reveal?

nameyname
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by nameyname »

I think her surgeon did a good job - it looks like a better version of her old nose minus maybe the pointy "pinched" look to the nostrils, but that may change as swelling goes down. But idk, I feel like I thought she would look better? Like her fixing her nose just highlights how it wasn't really the issue - she still has a relatively long, bottom heavy face and small eyes. I honestly think her nose wouldn't have stood out so much on her face if her eyes were in proportion to her face size/features.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

nameyname wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 am
I think her surgeon did a good job - it looks like a better version of her old nose minus maybe the pointy "pinched" look to the nostrils, but that may change as swelling goes down. But idk, I feel like I thought she would look better? Like her fixing her nose just highlights how it wasn't really the issue - she still has a relatively long, bottom heavy face and small eyes. I honestly think her nose wouldn't have stood out so much on her face if her eyes were in proportion to her face size/features.
Everyone isn't incredibly attractive in the same way though. You don't have to think she's pretty! Anyone can build themselves an instagram face if they feel like they need to but clearly her issue was her nose. I'm glad she didn't stray too far from her natural face with this surgery. I agree with you that I think her new nose looks good, I could see the improvement in the before and afters even though there was still some swelling (I hope the asymmetry of her nostrils that she acknowledged in the video fixes itself when that swelling goes down).

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Satan Apparently »

starredream wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:54 pm
She’s happy with THAT? Her old nose was way more beautiful and suited her face much better... now that the tip is slimmer and the bridge is narrow her nose looks too wide for her face. I predict another refinement within a year.
I always want to not try and form and opinion on cosmetic surgery because I’ve had two myself. Everyone goes into it for their own reason and desires outcome, no matter how subtle or drastic. But in this case I have to agree.

I feel like her surgeon isn’t giving her realistic expectations on how much more change she should expect. The vast majority of swelling is gone at this point, and the changes over the next six months or year will be hard to distinguish from her current pics.

My swelling was insane. Like my teeth shifted because everything from my eyeballs down was so swollen. I looked like a Lego head with that eye-black football players use. Big fat square face right out of the gate. But when my splint came off after the week or whatever, that was literally my nose. The rest was swollen to high hell.

I had my dad's nose. Very distinguishing on a man, not very cute on a girl. My surgeon gave me basically a feminine version of what I had. Very few people who didn’t know I had the surgery have brought it up. But if you were to see a side by side, the difference is drastic. The new shape and proportions totally fit. So I absolutely get how the wrong refinement can appear wider or less proportionate.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

I hate when influencers try to flip the script on plastic surgery as if it’s some sort of “empowering” thing and “taking control of your body” and “Oh, what’s the harm?”

Nah, she doesn’t get to just absolve herself from responsibility...she “influences” thousands of people. She’s contributing to unattainable standards for women, she’s influencing young girls by normalizing plastic surgery, and she’s basically sending out the message that noses that look like hers are ugly, but “don’t worry, you can fix it!” Being honest and upfront about having surgery doesn’t magically make all of the negative aspects surrounding cosmetic surgery go away.

There’s a reason why she initially didn’t want to talk about it online and was “scared” of how people would react... because deep down she knows this, but doesn’t want to admit it.

itsanneke
Learner
Learner

Post by itsanneke »

Not to jump to her defense because I obviously don't know her but I don't think it's fair to expect people with any kind of audience to completely forego plastic surgery because they might give people the wrong message. She seemed very careful about her choice to even do it in the first place, and then in her video to explain her thought process and her hesitation, and I don't know what else she could do except for... not get the surgery.

I hate the normalization of plastic surgery and I don't think there's anything empowering about it either, but I just don't think it's fair to expect or ask people not to do it, especially when they're in that industry being in front of a camera all the time. She knows there are negative aspects to it and she literally did admit it.

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

I ended up watching the whole vlog and seeing the side by side comparison of before and after definitely changed my mind a bit. I guess the reels on her Instagram didn't quite do it justice.

If it was me personally, I still would've wanted the tip of the nose brought up a little higher/made to look less droopy, and I do agree that I hope the asymmetry of the nostrils fixes itself. But at the end of the day, it's her nose so if she's happy with it, then I guess that's what matters.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I’ve seen my fair share of nose jobs, and I feel like her nostrils are going to end up really uneven. People always convince themselves that it’s just the swelling, but once it goes down, the asymmetry actually ends up more apparent :/

CertainSparrow
Learner
Learner

Post by CertainSparrow »

I'm trying to suspend my judgment because the swelling isn't 100 percent done yet, but I'm pretty underwhelmed. I didn't expect a tiny little nose, but it still looks a tad large to me. :|

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

I would not be surprised if next year or so she needs a revision.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I get that she wanted to keep the character of her nose, but I think not narrowing the bridge was a mistake. The tip looks so fake and pinched in contrast. I wonder if she’s going to remain happy with the results.

velvet_ribbons
Learner
Learner

Post by velvet_ribbons »

I’m sorry but I think the nose job looks awful. At first I was pretty agnostic about it, just noticed the asymmetrical nostrils like others have pointed out, but now that some of the swelling has gone down, it has that weird flattened/plastered on appearance that bad nose jobs in the 80s had. I’m actually really bummed for her.

robinsparkles6
Learner
Learner

Post by robinsparkles6 »

Yeah I agree... i wanted to like it and feel bad saying it but it almost looks worse? It is too wide at the base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zulu
Learner
Learner

Post by zulu »

On her IG story today she said she had a checkup with her doc and one nostril and the tip have scar tissue which she said is common, but also said they injected her with something to break it up and HOPE that helps. HOPE?? Her nostrils are completely uneven right now, and there's no guarantee that this will fix it?? I'd be livid if I were her.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

There’s no point being angry. Nose jobs rarely come out perfect on the first go. Complications are normal because it’s a difficult area and the body can react to the trauma with scar tissue etc that’s why revisions are so commonplace. It sucks but it is what it is. I’m sure she knows the risks and hopefully whatever they injected (corticosteroids maybe?) will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Steroids can come with their own complications, and make the skin and flesh atrophy. I’d be super nervous if I were her. I don’t think she’s had a good outcome.

ns103469
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ns103469 »

I've really tried not looking at it, but her uneven nostrils distract me so much

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

I really wish I liked her new nose but I don’t . Don’t think it’s flattering - why is it so weirdly pinched. She is a pretty girl but this nose job isn’t a good one. Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets another one soon because this is not the best. Not saying she’s ugly now but it’s not emphasising her face in a right way, just weird. Don’t know, not a fan.

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

Boy, I haven't followed Jamie in forever but I used to really enjoy her content. I was kind of surprised to see that she got a nose job. More power to her, I hope she is happier with it and she gets from it what she wanted but ngl, I LOVED her old nose. I thought it was unique.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Annaj001 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:53 am
I LOVED her old nose. I thought it was unique.
Me too.
Barbra Streisand is one of the most stunning women in the world and her 'ugly' nose is one of the reasons why.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Return to “F-J”