Jamie Paige

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jamie Paige

Post by Satan Apparently »

lippies79 wrote:I think she & David definitely split up. She did an IG live today & there were less than 200 people watching so there wasn’t an overwhelming number of questions/comments. She read almost every question and there were many about her & David and she started sighing and pointedly ignored them while answering almost everything else.

It’s not like Estee & Aslan where Aslan was basically an equal part of her channel so fans noticed his disappearance & constanty demanded answers long before they announced the breakup. Jamie mentioned David here and there but I think he was only ever in a small handful of videos over the years and rarely made appearances on her IG/social media and still people are demanding to know their relationship status. I guess you can’t win, if you ever make any mention of a partner that’s all people want to talk about (apparently including me since here I am lol)
Yeah, he’s definitely not a fixture in her social media, but his absence is noticeable for sure.

Make you wonder if that whole “mono” thing was a bit of an excuse. One of those illnesses that can be drawn out anyways.

rwnnyrsy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rwnnyrsy »

I really do think she tries hard with her videos but in her latest GRWM vid, the glitter look she did was so uneven!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

bohobirdy
Learner
Learner

Post by bohobirdy »

lippies79 wrote:I think she & David definitely split up. She did an IG live today & there were less than 200 people watching so there wasn’t an overwhelming number of questions/comments. She read almost every question and there were many about her & David and she started sighing and pointedly ignored them while answering almost everything else.

It’s not like Estee & Aslan where Aslan was basically an equal part of her channel so fans noticed his disappearance & constanty demanded answers long before they announced the breakup. Jamie mentioned David here and there but I think he was only ever in a small handful of videos over the years and rarely made appearances on her IG/social media and still people are demanding to know their relationship status. I guess you can’t win, if you ever make any mention of a partner that’s all people want to talk about (apparently including me since here I am lol)

I think it would be pretty easy to just say something like, "we parted ways but I wish him well." Just address it and then move on. I find it irritating when they do involve partners (bf does my makeup, bf buys my this, bf takes me here, etc.) and then act really weird if things go awry. We've all been there, everybody knows what it's like to split up, so acknowledge it instead of acting all secretive. That seems so juvenile!

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

The instagram photo of her new large wolf forearm tattoo says something along the lines of “I wanted this for years but never pulled the trigger because I was listening to other people’s opinions and put them ahead of my own wants, this is me taking ownership of my life and body.”

Making big changes to your physical appearance like that is a classic breakup move.

Also on twitter Sam asked what people had learned this year & Jamie replied that it’s not always the best thing to stay in a comfortable situation.

I agree that it’s annoying that she won’t just address it once and move on, people aren’t going to stop asking. The vague comments she’s made make it seem like they didn’t part on the best terms but she could easily say something like “Update: David & I broke up, I don’t want to discuss my personal life on social media at this time so I won’t be addressing it again, thank you for respecting my privacy.” and people would move on.

EC3
Talker
Talker

Post by EC3 »

When these people try to keep it so secret I want to be like- get over yourself, no one cares about y’all that much!

Like just say it get on with yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner

Wasn’t David Also the only other half that wasn’t at Sam’s proposal weekend at Sproat Lake?

Maybe he was legit busy, maybe he wanted to avoid being tossed into that kind of situation since him and Jamie had been together like 7 years at that point.

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner

^^^it couldn’t be more obvious they’ve broken up.

By the sounds of this “taking back my body” talk, she’s painting him in a pretty bad light. I wonder if it was a worse situation than it ever seemed online.

TBH David was probably my favourite of all the beauty gurus significant others. He seemed to have his own life outside of her channel, good looking, I liked his personality. Out of all the ones to go “poof” he’s the only one I’ll actually miss lol

ETA: I was wondering if she maybe had a block on certain words including “David” but then I saw this one, only this one so far...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bohobirdy
Learner
Learner

Post by bohobirdy »

Did anyone else cringe when she dropped those couple of F bombs in the tattoo video? And her use of 'dope' and how she's now 'addicted'. I have tattoos, too, i get it, but this whole 'bad ass new me' attitude seemed so contrived and forced.

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

bohobirdy wrote:Did anyone else cringe when she dropped those couple of F bombs in the tattoo video? And her use of 'dope' and how she's now 'addicted'. I have tattoos, too, i get it, but this whole 'bad ass new me' attitude seemed so contrived and forced.
Girl seems to be going through a serious quarter life crisis! She’s been with David since high school, she probably doesn’t know who she is without him since she spent all her personality formative years with him. From the comments she’s making it seems like he was more conservative, obviously he’s the one who didn’t want her to get the tattoo, so she’s probably trying this new, edgy personality on for size.

I also wonder if some of the reason why YouTubers often won’t mention their breakups for a while is because some part of them thinks they’ll get back together & they don’t want to say anything that could jeopardize that or have their fans bashing the guy & then have to be all “oops nevermind!”

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner

The whole “taking ownership of my body” thing is coming off very dramatic. I agree, he seemed more conservative for sure, but this borderline comes off as him being abusive/controlling.

She never really came across as the type who was a people pleaser in that way. She’s literally made a career out of transforming her look through hair, makeup, and wardrobe. A tattoo is just a more permanent form of self expression.

Seems like she’s becoming a lot more like Sam, but the edginess isn’t coming very naturally here.

FlyBrows
Talker
Talker

Post by FlyBrows »

I'll admit I'm a horrible person and actually thrive when social media couples break up because I just can't stand how influencer couples portray themselves. This is the one time I was like "Awe, dang!" I understand how difficult it is but I'd like a one liner just saying it's done. Did they not move in together within the past year? Too bad, but more than likely it's for the best.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Pea2324
Learner
Learner

Post by Pea2324 »

lippies79 wrote:
bohobirdy wrote:Did anyone else cringe when she dropped those couple of F bombs in the tattoo video? And her use of 'dope' and how she's now 'addicted'. I have tattoos, too, i get it, but this whole 'bad ass new me' attitude seemed so contrived and forced.
Girl seems to be going through a serious quarter life crisis! She’s been with David since high school, she probably doesn’t know who she is without him since she spent all her personality formative years with him. From the comments she’s making it seems like he was more conservative, obviously he’s the one who didn’t want her to get the tattoo, so she’s probably trying this new, edgy personality on for size.

I also wonder if some of the reason why YouTubers often won’t mention their breakups for a while is because some part of them thinks they’ll get back together & they don’t want to say anything that could jeopardize that or have their fans bashing the guy & then have to be all “oops nevermind!”
I think you hit the nail on the head, she probably doesn’t want to talk about it because she thinks they might get back together... which is a sign that things have been probably rocky for some time

Adelaide_
Talker
Talker

Post by Adelaide_ »

I feel like it's quite a pattern for YouTubers to be dating someone since their teens, become relatively popular on social media, move in with their boyfriend, and then split up? I see that happening with Suzie (HelloOctoberxo) and Alix (I Covet Thee); if Jamie really does break up with David, maybe that's an actual phenomenon? Lol or maybe I'm looking too much into things

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Jamie Paige

Post by PowderGirl »

Adelaide_ wrote:I feel like it's quite a pattern for YouTubers to be dating someone since their teens, become relatively popular on social media, move in with their boyfriend, and then split up? I see that happening with Suzie (HelloOctoberxo) and Alix (I Covet Thee); if Jamie really does break up with David, maybe that's an actual phenomenon? Lol or maybe I'm looking too much into things
I guess it’s less of a YouTuber thing, but more a „being in a relationship from very early on in life and then growing up“ thing ;-)

Nothinghurt6
Debater
Debater

Post by Nothinghurt6 »

Hey, long time lurker here. Does Jamie come from money or something? she bought a home last year and she has tons of nice things. I'm sure she makes a lot of money from her channel but it also seems like she's a pampered rich girl with doting parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner

That puts that to bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

Satan Apparently wrote:The whole “taking ownership of my body” thing is coming off very dramatic. I agree, he seemed more conservative for sure, but this borderline comes off as him being abusive/controlling.

She never really came across as the type who was a people pleaser in that way. She’s literally made a career out of transforming her look through hair, makeup, and wardrobe. A tattoo is just a more permanent form of self expression.

Seems like she’s becoming a lot more like Sam, but the edginess isn’t coming very naturally here.
she seems like a bitchy selfish person

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Jamie Paige

Post by PowderGirl »

Tapatalk f up, sorry

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

I wonder what happened between them? He supported her makeup it seemed like and had his own career right?

lucy4567
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lucy4567 »

Satan Apparently wrote:That puts that to bed.
It always drives me nuts when people like Jamie break up with their significant other and use the "I try to keep my private life private" line. If you don't want to talk about it, just say that, but don't pretend that you tried to keep your relationship private when you did boyfriend tag videos all the time.

Return to “F-J”