LiorasMakeupLoves

grimaldispepperoni
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

LiorasMakeupLoves

Post by grimaldispepperoni »

She always comes up on my feed. Just noticed that she regularly talks about kat von d and jeffree starr and how AmAzInG it is to come across their products without acknowledging their controversies at all.

cafeaulait
Learner
Learner

Re: LiorasMakeupLoves

Post by cafeaulait »

I was wondering why she didn't have a thread yet! I understand giving KVD a second chance because Kat herself is no longer affiliated with the brand (and they have some legitimately good products) but Jeffree? Yikes, his controversies are practically impossible to miss. I also can't deal with her going to TJ Maxx or wherever weekly just to browse and film a video in the midst of a pandemic, especially because she lives in NYC where things were (are?) bad. Not only is it unnecessary, she has enough followers that it's irresponsible promoting going out for basically no reason.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

This woman has three videos that she makes over and over again:

1 Go to TJMaxx and buy a load of shit.
2 Go to TJMaxx again and buy another load of shit.
3 Declutter a load of shit.

Repeat.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

I can't help but like Liora. She's consistent with her uploads, and her cheerfulness feels refreshing. She seems to look after herself, physically but also mentally and spiritually. And I admire that in people, especially women in their 20s, because I was a damn mess until my late 30s. (She also lost 80 pounds a while back and has kept it off for years.) Now, for the trash part ...

I will say, it frustrates me that she seldom presents a useful opinion. Most products and purchases, she talks them up like she's a paid saleswoman. Her TJ Maxx walk-throughs, she showcases the merchandise like she's on QVC. *holds up some rando shadow single marked down to $3.99* "I've never heard of this brand, but it's a gorgeous peachy-pinky-mauvey-beigey-goldy-browny vibe. Like it would be a one-swipe swatch situation. So, so pretty." *rinse and repeat*

Her thumbnails might make you think she's super disappointed with something. Watch the video, and she's chirpily neutral, even gracious about said shitty product.

And I'm so curious about her spending. She has worked as a waitress, not sure if she still does. Has her own place, which doesn't look tiny, in NYC, Brooklyn I think. But she buys like crazy. Haul after haul after haul. Subscription box after subscription box. At the holidays, she drops four figures, easily, on ridiculous Advent calendars. Then, like WORDSALAD said, 80% of it gets tossed a few months later, barely touched.

NewHampshirite
Informer
Informer

Post by NewHampshirite »

There is something about her voice and the way she talks that drives me crazy. I am not talking about her accent. It’s just her speech.

Anyone else?

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

NewHampshirite wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:30 am
There is something about her voice and the way she talks that drives me crazy. I am not talking about her accent. It’s just her speech.

Anyone else?
Yes!! She's very pretty and sweet, but she adds another syllable to everything she says. "This packaging is so CUTE-TA". "I just love doing UNBOXINGS-SA. It's bizarre. I've never heard anything like it. Definitely not a NYC thing. Maybe it's an impediment.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

rdk123
Learner
Learner

Post by rdk123 »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm
NewHampshirite wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:30 am

Anyone else?
Yes!! She's very pretty and sweet, but she adds another syllable to everything she says. "This packaging is so CUTE-TA". "I just love doing UNBOXINGS-SA. It's bizarre. I've never heard anything like it. Definitely not a NYC thing. Maybe it's an impediment.
I know this is an older thread but I just can't watch her anymore because of those bizarre enunciations! She has to know she is doing it and I'm surprised no one calls her out.

callalily445
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by callalily445 »

Has anyone seen her latest video updates? It's alarming to me because I think she's a nice girl but this Mikey guy she suddenly gotten engaged to appears to be gay. I know I shouldn't judge but it just seems too alarming not to say anything. Does anyone else get this vibe? She changed her name to Liora Y but I couldn't find a page under her new identity.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

How long did she know Mikey before he proposed? Her engagement seemed to come out of nowhere!

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

Liora Y just uploaded a new video with a click bait title "My last video...?". I hate when Tubers do that.

Anywayyyyy.... she explains a lot about the religious tenants she and her now husband live by and are guided by. Met. Dated. Briefly. Engaged. Married. And now she's moving out of state - when she also makes it known that she doesn't want to leave NY and that all of her family are there?

IDK guys... I feel some kind of way about this. And it's not good.

ADoseOfReality
Learner
Learner

Post by ADoseOfReality »

Sorry for the double post. In her "My last video?" post, she states a few things that strike me as off.

She doesn't like her husband's friends.
She is changing the eye makeup she wears because 'Mikey' likes all mattes on the eyes instead of the shimmers SHE likes.
He wants to move now and she doesn't.

IDK you all.... sounds like she's making an awful lot of concessions for this man, whom she's known intimately less than 1 year. I realize they knew OF each other through their religious community, but that is NOT the same as knowing someone deeply. Bad feelings on this.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

ADoseOfReality wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:49 pm
Liora Y just uploaded a new video with a click bait title "My last video...?". I hate when Tubers do that.

Anywayyyyy.... she explains a lot about the religious tenants she and her now husband live by and are guided by. Met. Dated. Briefly. Engaged. Married. And now she's moving out of state - when she also makes it known that she doesn't want to leave NY and that all of her family are there?

IDK guys... I feel some kind of way about this. And it's not good.
I definitely need to watch that video to learn more about the religion and how that might have influenced the timing of all these big life decisions.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

I'll begin by saying I was raised in a devoutly Catholic household, and ironically, that only managed to make me wary of all religion. I'm hyper-sensitive - so much so that I might assume or project it where it isn't happening - to the way religious doctrine tends to subjugate women. So, with those disclaimers out of the way, ... I can't help but feel sad for Liora.

I loved how sunny and free she seemed all these years she was building her channel. Mikey (I find him so off-putting, by the way) is ever-present now, even when he's not on camera with her. The imposed adherence to "modesty" - applicable, you'll notice, only to women who are married and therefore "belong" to men; the frequent references now to Judaism and its rigorous traditions; her obvious apprehension around leaving NYC; the absolute exaltation of Mikey that, to me, comes across as deferential ... I don't know, I just see a young, effervescent woman who immediately had to dull herself for the favor of her faith and husband.

Again, I may be projecting. It's funny, but I feel protective of Liora right now. I also side-eye the fact that patriarchal religions insist on lightning-speed courtships and engagements. At least Liora's not 19 - but I have to wonder how sheltered she has been by orthodoxy.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

I’m with you. I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other about the husband, but I have major concerns about the misogyny in most religions and the way it’s woven into associated cultural practices.

Return to “K-O”