Matilda

Matilda

Post by Guest »

I don't know if there's a topic on this girl but she's this 'faceless' youtuber who makes money by rubbing her fingers into "high end" makeup and she comes across as snobby and narrow minded.

MakeupByNobody
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Matilda

Post by MakeupByNobody »

CinnamonBun wrote: I don't know if there's a topic on this girl but she's this 'faceless' youtuber who makes money by rubbing her fingers into "high end" makeup and she comes across as snobby and narrow minded.

Narrow-minded in what sense? In that she has a specific look she consistently goes for (neutral, minimal, etc) or did you mean something else/additional? I haven't really had any issues with her, I used to really like her videos but it's so much of the same that I rarely click on them now. Does it bother you that she doesn't show her face?

Post by Guest »

MakeupByNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:29 pm
CinnamonBun wrote: I don't know if there's a topic on this girl but she's this 'faceless' youtuber who makes money by rubbing her fingers into "high end" makeup and she comes across as snobby and narrow minded.

Narrow-minded in what sense? In that she has a specific look she consistently goes for (neutral, minimal, etc) or did you mean something else/additional? I haven't really had any issues with her, I used to really like her videos but it's so much of the same that I rarely click on them now. Does it bother you that she doesn't show her face?
This is a trash thread dollface.

Narrow-minded in the fact that a lot of these "high end/rich luxury" Youtubers fall under the same archetype: bland white and black background, paying an arm and leg for the "bare minimum" makeup looks, and it's literally a waste of time to swatch the products while not actually showing them in use. I'm not bothered that she doesn't show her face, but there's nothing mysterious, unique or different. It's just a lazy way of showing makeup

MakeupByNobody
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupByNobody »

CinnamonBun wrote:
MakeupByNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:29 pm

This is a trash thread dollface.

Narrow-minded in the fact that a lot of these "high end/rich luxury" Youtubers fall under the same archetype: bland white and black background, paying an arm and leg for the "bare minimum" makeup looks, and it's literally a waste of time to swatch the products while not actually showing them in use. I'm not bothered that she doesn't show her face, but there's nothing mysterious, unique or different. It's just a lazy way of showing makeup
I'm aware, and I wasn't praising her. I was genuinely curious to hear your expanded thoughts about what you didn't like about her channel.

pore_area
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pore_area »

I actually like the aesthetic of her videos and her makeup style. But this chick seriously rubs me the wrong way. A big reason is the "not like other gurus" thing. How many times does she have to tell us she doesn't wear foundation? (I don't either except on super special occasions, yet I still get this holier-than-thou vibe from her.) I finally couldn't take it anymore when when she made a video of favorite Sephora products before one of their sales, basically the same "Sephora Sale Recommendations!" that everyone else does. Only she had to make this big to-do about how she could not give "recommendations" because everyone is different, but she can share some products that work for her. Um, do you realize that's what just about EVERYONE does with their recommendations--they don't literally think every product that they suggest will work for everyone who watches their video, they too are basing it on their own perspective and experience. She just had to make this meaningless distinction to show that she's totally not like all these other beauty gurus. Finally in the video she made some remark referring to her "suggestions," and I literally clicked unsubscribe then and there. Oh my god, SUGGESTIONS. They're just RECOMMENDATIONS, YOU SELF-IMPORTANT TWAT!

Post by Guest »

pore_area wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:27 am
I actually like the aesthetic of her videos and her makeup style. But this chick seriously rubs me the wrong way. A big reason is the "not like other gurus" thing. How many times does she have to tell us she doesn't wear foundation? (I don't either except on super special occasions, yet I still get this holier-than-thou vibe from her.) I finally couldn't take it anymore when when she made a video of favorite Sephora products before one of their sales, basically the same "Sephora Sale Recommendations!" that everyone else does. Only she had to make this big to-do about how she could not give "recommendations" because everyone is different, but she can share some products that work for her. Um, do you realize that's what just about EVERYONE does with their recommendations--they don't literally think every product that they suggest will work for everyone who watches their video, they too are basing it on their own perspective and experience. She just had to make this meaningless distinction to show that she's totally not like all these other beauty gurus. Finally in the video she made some remark referring to her "suggestions," and I literally clicked unsubscribe then and there. Oh my god, SUGGESTIONS. They're just RECOMMENDATIONS, YOU SELF-IMPORTANT TWAT!
That's what I meant For the poster above, I apologized if I came across as aggressive, but this chick literally does the bare minimum when it comes to showcasing the products and how they actually work. I find it humorous when gurus make the disclaimer that what works for them won't work for others, then in the back of my mind, I'm like why even bother showcasing or giving recommendations to people if, by your admission may not work for them?

tururun
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by tururun »

Her videos are nice to watch, but they are too similar, it's becoming boring. Multiple videos of favorites, skincare, makeup routines, but in the end they are all the same products. Also I'm irritated just a little bit about the fact that she never ever ever shows how the make up looks on her face.

anrriiin
Stalker
Stalker

Post by anrriiin »

why does it feel like all she does now are ads?

lnlrsna
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lnlrsna »

Yes! I used to love her and waited for her videos to come out each week but lately it seems like the new attention has gone to her head and she’s just milking her viewers for the sponsored cash grab

Meme goddess
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Meme goddess »

I feel like her "minimalist" style is slowly disappearing as the spreads in her videos keep getting more and more cluttered. Definitely getting some hoarder/more is more vibes from her which is so contrary to her earlier video style.

grimaldispepperoni
Learner
Learner

Post by grimaldispepperoni »

I think her channel has become stale because she never shows her face. How many times can you swatch balmy products on your arm ? Like you are not convincing me to buy whatever it is you are selling.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I'm a lip balm lover and I found her content ok, but her videos are very formulatic, repetitive and kinda impersonal. I'm still subscribe to her and watch some videos, but I'm not waiting for them either.

grimaldispepperoni
Learner
Learner

Post by grimaldispepperoni »

Nance wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:29 pm
I'm a lip balm lover and I found her content ok, but her videos are very formulatic, repetitive and kinda impersonal. I'm still subscribe to her and watch some videos, but I'm not waiting for them either.
I just find swatches in general to be somewhat useful for tone comparisons, but useless when considering how things actually look applied on the face.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

New to the topic,

I have no idea how someone can run a YouTube Channel dedicated to not just lip swatches but blush, foundation, etc without showing how it's applied on the face.

I'm not sure if this is her but I found this video:

https://youtu.be/0K9VlV36QSU

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:42 pm
New to the topic,

I have no idea how someone can run a YouTube Channel dedicated to not just lip swatches but blush, foundation, etc without showing how it's applied on the face.

I'm not sure if this is her but I found this video:

I never understood the word "mousey" when used to describe someone, but it suddenly made perfect sense when I saw Matilda. Her answer as to why she doesn't come on camera is so disingenuous. Girl, it's because you think you're ugly and you don't want people saying that to you. If you thought you were beautiful, you'd get on camera.

Return to “K-O”