Mariah Leonard

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Mariah Leonard

Post by saucinonu »

she's literally just so butthurt bc her channel didnt blow up like she thought it would upon moving to LA. she's made that very clear. if she was the one getting preferential treatment, she wouldn't give a fuck. such a shame truly because she had so much potential imo, but she caught the youtube bug (symptoms being entitled, complainers, etc.)

lislorr
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lislorr »

Bruzer wrote:
lislorr wrote:Image

I was understanding until the “Hollywood classist behavior” part. Ummmm I def don’t consider YouTube’s a part of “Hollywood” ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What utopia does she think she lives in? Of course someone with 1,000,000+ followers/subscribers is going to get preferential treatment over someone with just a few 100,000. She sure does sound entitled.
Yes! She’s constantly complaining about being in Los Angeles and the “industry”. What did she think was going to happen when she moved there?! So whiney.

idathoet
Lurker
Lurker

Post by idathoet »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but it bothers me a lot! Does anyone else think she lies about her skin type? I'm a working makeup artist and I have never seen dry skin being that shiny and I'm not taking about the shiny/dewy finish she loves. It seems like her skin is more combination/dry since she also has more visible breakouts? Anyone else noticed this?

da1nty
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by da1nty »

idathoet wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before but it bothers me a lot! Does anyone else think she lies about her skin type? I'm a working makeup artist and I have never seen dry skin being that shiny and I'm not taking about the shiny/dewy finish she loves. It seems like her skin is more combination/dry since she also has more visible breakouts? Anyone else noticed this?
A few people in the comments were saying they think she has dehydrated skin rather than dry, but she says she has dry skin for sure. What would she gain from lying? I know nothing about dry skin, I’m dehydrated/oily so I wouldn’t be able to tell really, but that would be a weird thing to lie about.

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

da1nty wrote:
idathoet wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned before but it bothers me a lot! Does anyone else think she lies about her skin type? I'm a working makeup artist and I have never seen dry skin being that shiny and I'm not taking about the shiny/dewy finish she loves. It seems like her skin is more combination/dry since she also has more visible breakouts? Anyone else noticed this?
A few people in the comments were saying they think she has dehydrated skin rather than dry, but she says she has dry skin for sure. What would she gain from lying? I know nothing about dry skin, I’m dehydrated/oily so I wouldn’t be able to tell really, but that would be a weird thing to lie about.

I don't think lie is the right word, I think she's just misinformed if what you are saying about her skin is right

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

idathoet
Lurker
Lurker

Post by idathoet »

beautyineveryone wrote:
da1nty wrote:

I don't think lie is the right word, I think she's just misinformed if what you are saying about her skin is right

Lie is the wrong word from what I meant, english is not my first language sorry. I think she is misinformed about it which is strange since she has previously stated that she used to be a working artist too. Her skin could be dehydrated as da1nty mentioned which would cause the excess oil but I wouldn't call her skin dry from what I can see on video... I don't know I just find it weird that she portrays herself like a know-it-all but don't seem to know her own skin type (skin types is one of the things you have to be able to know as a working artist).

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

She deleted it now I think....but she had a post on Twitter about how she's tired of her "shit apartment" because she wanted a couch that was unable to fit in it.

She complains about her apartment so much, and it's sad to me. I think it looks like a beautiful place, and she should be beyond grateful that she's able to afford to live in a place like that. I'd like her to live in an actual shit apartment and see.

lislorr
Learner
Learner

Post by lislorr »

She went to that Deciem party, likely got gifted product, and has been complaining (per usual) that a retinoid from them has caused bumps and bleeding. Considering how ultra sensitive her skin is...whhhyyyyyy would she even attempt this?!

muh00r
Informer
Informer

Post by muh00r »

idathoet wrote:
beautyineveryone wrote:
da1nty wrote:

Lie is the wrong word from what I meant, english is not my first language sorry. I think she is misinformed about it which is strange since she has previously stated that she used to be a working artist too. Her skin could be dehydrated as da1nty mentioned which would cause the excess oil but I wouldn't call her skin dry from what I can see on video... I don't know I just find it weird that she portrays herself like a know-it-all but don't seem to know her own skin type (skin types is one of the things you have to be able to know as a working artist).
I'm pretty sure Mariah has never been a working makeup artist, though? She has said she started her youtube channel and taught herself about makeup.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

She complains so much about the industry but is she even in it? She's a YouTuber not an actor. Her complaining about her Shit apartment is ridiculous she lives in a nice place especially for LA what a brat. I think she's going to quit soon. She doesn't want to open up enough to be famous and Her channel didn't become as huge as she wanted. She could probably afford more apartment in Florida.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I don't think she has dry skin, I have really dry skin and mine is NEVER shiney like hers at all. when she said her skin was dry I was like ? Ok no it's not but a lot of people seem to say their skin is dry on YouTube and it's not st all. The products they says work for dry skin would never work on me in a million years.

whatinthe
Learner
Learner

Post by whatinthe »

Sigh, I used to really love Mariah and I do still see glimpses of what I loved about her in videos. But I agree, all of the complaining and whining is insufferable. I live in a tiny studio apartment in Glendale with terrible carpet, horrible plumbing, among other issues - it is NOT a shit apartment, and I am very grateful to have it. Her apartment looks gorgeous. I feel like YouTubers just have such a skewed vision of what reality is for the majority of their viewers/PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET. She has a very entitled attitude that I just can't get down with, even though I think her content is refreshing and original, and I do like her personality for the most part. She just needs to stop complaining and be grateful for what she has. It's a lot.

lislorr
Learner
Learner

Post by lislorr »

whatinthe wrote:Sigh, I used to really love Mariah and I do still see glimpses of what I loved about her in videos. But I agree, all of the complaining and whining is insufferable. I live in a tiny studio apartment in Glendale with terrible carpet, horrible plumbing, among other issues - it is NOT a shit apartment, and I am very grateful to have it. Her apartment looks gorgeous. I feel like YouTubers just have such a skewed vision of what reality is for the majority of their viewers/PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET. She has a very entitled attitude that I just can't get down with, even though I think her content is refreshing and original, and I do like her personality for the most part. She just needs to stop complaining and be grateful for what she has. It's a lot.

I completely agree with all of this! I’m attaching her latest twitter rant. She sounds so bitter.

idathoet
Lurker
Lurker

Post by idathoet »

muh00r wrote:
idathoet wrote:
beautyineveryone wrote:
da1nty wrote:

I'm pretty sure Mariah has never been a working makeup artist, though? She has said she started her youtube channel and taught herself about makeup.
I believe she has stated before that she has been a working artist, and she even has a video on building your kit. Who needs a kit if you're not a makeup artist? She is very confusing.

idathoet
Lurker
Lurker

Post by idathoet »

Raven_nevermore wrote:I don't think she has dry skin, I have really dry skin and mine is NEVER shiney like hers at all. when she said her skin was dry I was like ? Ok no it's not but a lot of people seem to say their skin is dry on YouTube and it's not st all. The products they says work for dry skin would never work on me in a million years.
Exactly! Her breakouts and shine makes me believe she is probably combination. And I agree on other YouTubers claiming to be dry - is it some sort of weird trend? If I work on a dry skin type I would (almost) never use a full coverage foundation and definitely never a full face or heavy setting powder/bake the skin.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

idathoet wrote:
Raven_nevermore wrote:I don't think she has dry skin, I have really dry skin and mine is NEVER shiney like hers at all. when she said her skin was dry I was like ? Ok no it's not but a lot of people seem to say their skin is dry on YouTube and it's not st all. The products they says work for dry skin would never work on me in a million years.
Exactly! Her breakouts and shine makes me believe she is probably combination. And I agree on other YouTubers claiming to be dry - is it some sort of weird trend? If I work on a dry skin type I would (almost) never use a full coverage foundation and definitely never a full face or heavy setting powder/bake the skin.
Yeah it feels like it is combo! Breakouts happen to me too with dry skin. I think it kind of is a weird trend no one wants to admit they are normal skin type? which I don't know why anyone would want dry skin it sucks! I can't wear a lot of different makeup or it looks god awful and most moisturizing products don't do anything! She is never flakey or dry looking really. Maybe she is just sensitive skin and assumes that means dry.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

LOL at her hiatus. Not surprised at all she's over it. I don't know why she can't hire a babysitter to come watch her son (and she'd still be home if he needed her!) for a few hours while she films once a week ??

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

Raven_nevermore wrote:LOL at her hiatus. Not surprised at all she's over it. I don't know why she can't hire a babysitter to come watch her son (and she'd still be home if he needed her!) for a few hours while she films once a week ??
Yes! And even though she hasn't disclosed her son's age, I'm sure she mentioned that he's in school. That to me is the perfect opportunity - film while he's in school, and then hang out with him in the evenings. Even if she did one video a week, it's not that hard.

I think that she just doesn't want to admit her channel hasn't been doing well and she's over it.

I also enjoyed the "I wish I had easier success like so many others in the industry", and then Sam Ravndahl replied saying the people who look like they have it easy are putting a lot of work in behind the scenes. And then Mariah deleted half of her own tweets because they were "misconstrued".

So while she's sitting there wishing she had it easier, I'm plugging through my normal full-time job where a lot of sh$t just hit the fan after an already incredibly stressful year...but I'm still thankful to even have this job. I wish I was sent thousands of dollars in makeup every month, and that I could get paid twice as much for doing 1/8th of what I do at my own job....but that's unrealistic.

saucinonu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saucinonu »

neonlemonade wrote:
Raven_nevermore wrote:LOL at her hiatus. Not surprised at all she's over it. I don't know why she can't hire a <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/13/0/19/Dea ... SKU=621190" rel="nofollow"><span>babysitter</span></a> to come watch her son (and she'd still be home if he needed her!) for a few hours while she films once a week ??
Yes! And even though she hasn't disclosed her son's age, I'm sure she mentioned that he's in school. That to me is the perfect opportunity - film while he's in school, and then hang out with him in the evenings. Even if she did one video a week, it's not that hard.

I think that she just doesn't want to admit her channel hasn't been doing well and she's over it.

I also enjoyed the "I wish I had easier success like so many others in the industry", and then Sam Ravndahl replied saying the people who look like they have it easy are putting a lot of work in behind the scenes. And then Mariah deleted half of her own tweets because they were "misconstrued".

So while she's sitting there wishing she had it easier, I'm plugging through my normal full-time job where a lot of sh$t just hit the fan after an already incredibly stressful year...but I'm still thankful to even have this job. I wish I was sent thousands of dollars in makeup every month, and that I could get paid twice as much for doing 1/8th of what I do at my own job....but that's unrealistic.
agree with both of you! i admit, i am not a parent and I'm sure it is upsetting to feel that you are not spending as much time with your child. BUT countless families (my own included when i was growing up) have to have both parents work full time or else they simply will not make ends meet. she is sitting here bitching but doesn't realize that the fact that she can just up and stop working is lucky in itself. i'm assuming this means her husband's income is enough to supplement all 3 of them, or else she would have to work. but, clearly, she has a choice. additionally, she works from HOME for HERSELF. is she dim? like, she's got it made bc she does have the freedom to work her schedule around her family. there are plenty of you tubers with one or more children who manage to pump out content (rachhloves, itslikelymakeup, and christen dominique to name a few). she's turning so unlikable really fast.

lislorr
Learner
Learner

Post by lislorr »

Hopefully she returns with a better attitude!

Return to “K-O”