Re: Melissa Alatorre

Post by Soulfiregirl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Me too. I'll hate watch some of her videos tonight and post. :tu:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:27 am

Lipstickqueen wrote:I wish this thread was more active lol Melissa can be annoying
The sad part is I kind of did like her, at first. Then she got annoying and full of herself FASSSST! Started acting like Desi 2.0.... etc.. :roll:

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lipstickqueen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:40 am

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Lipstickqueen wrote:I wish this thread was more active lol Melissa can be annoying
The sad part is I kind of did like her, at first. Then she got annoying and full of herself FASSSST! Started acting like Desi 2.0.... etc.. :roll:
yeah me too! I was subscribed and actually looked forward to her videos. And then as you said, got an ego and became incredibly annoying. It didn't help that her makeup skills haven't evolved but she still acts like she's giving groundbreaking advice.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am

Lipstickqueen wrote:
yeah me too! I was subscribed and actually looked forward to her videos. And then as you said, got an ego and became incredibly annoying. It didn't help that her makeup skills haven't evolved but she still acts like she's giving groundbreaking advice.
Yes she is actually quite basic with her "tips" and very OVERBOARD with her blending... :? :rofl:

Raven_nevermore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Yeah one week with out washing your hair? Hell no melissa that is fucking gross. It's true it makes your hair fall out and at least on me it makes my scalp soooo itchy after one day of dry shampoo.

She seems so full of herself. I probably would be too if I was her but still

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:07 am

Raven_nevermore wrote:Yeah one week with out washing your hair? Hell no melissa that is fucking gross. It's true it makes your hair fall out and at least on me it makes my scalp soooo itchy after one day of dry shampoo.

She seems so full of herself. I probably would be too if I was her but still
If I put dry shampoo in my hair in the morning, it feels extra dirty by the time I'm home from work. Idk how she can go that long with sweaty, dirty hair!

Aslo, isn't the whole point of not washing your hair is so the style lasts longer? She was still using heat every day.

that1bbf1sh
Informer
Informer

Post by that1bbf1sh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 am

Goes to Japan for more matcha :roll:. As if she didn’t get enough in the states

Error404
Talker
Talker

Post by Error404 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 pm

From her recent video:

"This is SO beautiful for a drugstore all over illuminator."
"It is so gorgeous. I cannot believe it's even drugstore, that's how good I think it is."

Now, I don't care that she prefers high end/luxury products. If I could afford it, it would be my preference, too, but it's the condescending attitude that I can't fucking stand.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 am

Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

For example: she just went to Tokyo with YSL. I decided to watch one of her videos since I haven't for a while (Tatcha Silk Canvas review) and she's like "I'm going to use a foundation I know wears very well.... YSL All Hours". I've honestly never seen her wear or mention that foundation until going on a trip with them.

I get that YouTubers survive off sponsored content. But it drives me crazy when they try to play it off as though it's a product they've used forever and love when they're clearly doing it for the sponsorship and just not disclosing that.

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

neonlemonade wrote:Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

For example: she just went to Tokyo with YSL. I decided to watch one of her videos since I haven't for a while (Tatcha Silk Canvas review) and she's like "I'm going to use a foundation I know wears very well.... YSL All Hours". I've honestly never seen her wear or mention that foundation until going on a trip with them.

I get that YouTubers survive off sponsored content. But it drives me crazy when they try to play it off as though it's a product they've used forever and love when they're clearly doing it for the sponsorship and just not disclosing that.
I feel like she's really bad with this because nothing she does really comes off as genuine.

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Lipstickqueen wrote:
neonlemonade wrote:Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

I feel like she's really bad with this because nothing she does really comes off as genuine.
Yes! Genuine is what I was looking for when I was trying to think of words. And it's disappointing to me, because I think when she first started, she was a lot more "real". I used to look forward to watching her videos - and then she became a carbon copy of every other influencer out there. Not to mention that every single instagram story being about her matcha obsession is aggravating.

KimsCryingFace
Talker
Talker

Post by KimsCryingFace » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

I ended up watching one of her videos today for the first time in forever. Of course it’s sponsored but she was trying to play it off like she uses the products all the time. Idk if she does or not though honestly, stopped watching her a long time ago. Like everyone else, I used to look forward to her videos and now I literally can’t stand her.

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian » Tue May 29, 2018 8:57 am

Checked out Melissa's channel this past weekend to see what's going on with her. Watched about 4 minutes of her "boy beat" video and had to close it out. I couldn't stand her saying "boy beat" over and over again... what a stupid phrase. She's clearly still drinking the kool-aid. :roll:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am

What the F does boy beat mean? :? :rofl:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 am

kathleenlightsssss wrote:What the F does boy beat mean? :? :rofl:
No makeup-makeup or the Glossier look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss » Tue May 29, 2018 9:25 am

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Thanks! So basically no makeup-makeup titled a diff way for views? :rofl:

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian » Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Thanks! So basically no makeup-makeup titled a diff way for views? :rofl:
EXACTLY

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesecakelover » Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 pm

gina shkeda started the trend and they're doing what Beyonce's makeup artist does on her

Sent from my LGK20 using Tapatalk

Raven_nevermore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:37 am

She didn't even do boy beat right. It's supposed to be accentuating flaws like eye bags, bushy brows, freckles. It's for editorial and print looks bc it looks cool in photos but it isn't supposed to be "pretty"

deathmetalshark
Learner
Learner

Post by deathmetalshark » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:21 pm

any opinions on the mariah leanard with melissa video??? I don't like either but damn she interrupts so much

Polka_polka
Learner
Learner

Post by Polka_polka » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:01 am

WHAT THE FUCK MELISSA! It’s your fucking “job” to know what pair of fake lashes you’re using. It’s not the viewer’s job to go to the Sephora’s website and hunt for the type of lash you didn’t mention!

How lazy can you be? Why can’t YOU list what you have unopened then compare it to the choices in Sephora?

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 pm

deathmetalshark wrote:any opinions on the mariah leanard with melissa video??? I don't like either but damn she interrupts so much

I’ve only seen the one on Mariah’s channel, but it seemed like she talked nonstop and Mariah couldnt get a word in edge wise. Mariah also looked unimpressed through the whole thing, although that could just be RBF

Raven_nevermore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:20 pm

In the videos with Mariah she talked over her the whole time laughed at her lame ass jokes as always and Mariah looked so done with her. She must be annoying as hell every person I've seen interact with her looks so annoyed

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm

I watched her "How to Wear and Reapply Sunscreen with Makeup" hoping for some useful information. I should've known it would just be one giant ad for Supergoop, considering how much she's been pushing them on Instagram lately. Basically Melissa "Ad"atorre at this point.

strokingmylegbeard
Talker
Talker

Post by strokingmylegbeard » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:23 am

I finally unsubbed from her about a month ago, but went back a few days ago out of curiosity. Yup, still all about matcha and Meeka.

Return to “K-O”