Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Post by PowderGirl »

Sweetescape wrote:There's another youtuber called marieroseeee who is her actual twin, so weird! Anyone else see it?

Maybe the downturned eye and the egg head shape (lol) but besides that.. they are both brunette with brown hair

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

burritobaggins
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by burritobaggins »

She’s just posted a blogpost banging on about two lamps which she bought for her living room....thought they looked nice so clicked on the link and they’re £800 EACH. She’s definitely not struggling for money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

Anyone know who this style maven, Luigi is when he's at home? I assumed he was her father's brother but her father was called a very unItalian sounding Clive. :?

coconutjill
Stalker
Stalker

Post by coconutjill »

Has anyone read this blog post her friend ropesofholland wrote? It's like a mini biography on Luigi and Lizzy:

https://www.ropesofholland.com/blog/201 ... -amp-lizzy

Some quotes:

"Lizzy lived at home with her mum during the course of her first year on the History of Art Degree, and come second year, Lizzy was able to buy a house, which she then shared with her friends as basically, her student house. She feels that it was a mistake to do this, as usually, when students move out into rented accommodation it’s a bit of a carefree thing, everyone is relaxed and doesn’t really have too much responsibility because that’s what a landlord/lady is for. It seemed that Lizzy had made an already daunting task of leaving home, more daunting by living with friends in the house she owned, thus creating a feeling of huge responsibility for her."

"Lizzy moved into a 1 bedroom flat in Notting Hill on her own, which was again, very daunting for a Yorkshire lass who had to be coaxed gently out of the North!"

I wouldn't call being able to afford a one bedroom flat in Notting Hill a "very daunting" experience, but I guess to each their own.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

Brigante wrote:Anyone know who this style maven, Luigi is when he's at home? I assumed he was her father's brother but her father was called a very unItalian sounding Clive. :?
I just read this post by Lindsey (https://www.ropesofholland.com/blog/201 ... -amp-lizzy) which gave away a huge amount of info I wasn’t aware of.
Luigi was the Long Term Partner of Lizzy‘s aunt „Jenny“. Jenny is Anne‘s (Lizzy‘s mom) sister. So that’s why she never mentions Italian roots or the like.
Luigi was „married into“ the Hadfields Family without ever being married to Lizzy’s aunt.

Did you guys know her dad passed away when she was 17? I don’t know why but I always had the feeling it happened when she was much younger (like 13/14). I follow her blog for ages now. Thinking back it’s understandable that she’s only recently opened up a little bit about her father.

Another fact from the interview is Lizzy bought a house during her second year of Uni. She shared it with two friends and was basically the landlady. I don’t know if she still owns this accommodation in Leeds. But if so, this would be a steady income stream for her - besides blogging. She must’ve inherited a lot of money from her dad to do so.
Last edited by PowderGirl on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

@coconutjill

Well two minds think alike ! Sorry I didn’t see your post before I made mine

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

burritobaggins wrote:She’s just posted a blogpost banging on about two lamps which she bought for her living room....thought they looked nice so clicked on the link and they’re £800 EACH. She’s definitely not struggling for money!

Lizzy spends so much money! Her chairs in the living room are £1050 EACH and her coffee table is something around £1400-1900. I‘m not too sure on her dining table but it’s at least another £1000. I am design snob when it comes to interiors especially mid century furniture - so £800 for a pair of lamps is excessive, but my mind would surely find a way to justify that purchase :P
There are loads of „crazy“ people out there, paying this much for (vintage) design.

I wish this thread was more active because Lizzy is actually a really interesting person to discuss. I am tired
of solely discussing fillers or bad hair days on gg lol

burritobaggins
Learner
Learner

Post by burritobaggins »

PowderGirl wrote:
burritobaggins wrote:She’s just posted a blogpost banging on about two lamps which she bought for her living room....thought they looked nice so clicked on the link and they’re £800 EACH. She’s definitely not struggling for money!

Lizzy spends so much money! Her chairs in the living room are £1050 EACH and her coffee table is something around £1400-1900. I‘m not too sure on her dining table but it’s at least another £1000. I am design snob when it comes to interiors especially mid century furniture - so £800 for a pair of lamps is excessive, but my mind would surely find a way to justify that purchase :P
There are loads of „crazy“ people out there, paying this much for (vintage) design.

I wish this thread was more active because Lizzy is actually a really interesting person to discuss. I am tired
of solely discussing fillers or bad hair days on gg lol
I think the lamps are gorgeous and personally really love her taste in interiors! I guess I’m just shocked every time I click her links, we’re the same age and I can only dream of having enough disposable income to drop that much cash on home items.

I first started watching Lizzy when she was living in her flat in Manchester with Harry and I adored her because she seemed so down to earth (and from the North!) with such great style. She was buying from shops like la reroute, cos, uniqlo etc. I find it really difficult to relate to her life in London and I wonder what her target audience is now.

LauraSparke35
Talker
Talker

Post by LauraSparke35 »

I feel like an intruder here as I really like Lizzy and love the content she produces. I think that she's really upfront about her "business" and is always honest with spons/ads. I also have the feeling that she's quite a trendsetter, as many bloggers seem to look up to her when it comes to styling.

She drops and insane amount of money on clothes and accessories though. It always shocks me when she films a vlog with her mum going shopping and she returns with a pair of Céline earrings, sunglasses + new boots. Like... wow. You just spent easily 3000 pounds.
Her pout makes me a bit nervous though, it's so intense......

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

LauraSparke35 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:52 am
I feel like an intruder here as I really like Lizzy and love the content she produces. I think that she's really upfront about her "business" and is always honest with spons/ads. I also have the feeling that she's quite a trendsetter, as many bloggers seem to look up to her when it comes to styling.

She drops and insane amount of money on clothes and accessories though. It always shocks me when she films a vlog with her mum going shopping and she returns with a pair of Céline earrings, sunglasses + new boots. Like... wow. You just spent easily 3000 pounds.
Her pout makes me a bit nervous though, it's so intense......
Idk I feel the same. I really like Lizzy. I think she takes her job very seriously and comes out with really cool, well though-out and helpful series. Her only issue is that, like you said, she's a little posh for my taste/budget lol but if anything, that's a symptom of her taking her job so seriously, so I can't really fault her on that. Oh, and she can get a little boring but whatevs, I relate to that lol. I also really like that she seems to have genuine female friendships (esp with Lindsey) which is something I love seeing. I feel like this thread in general is less of a trash thread and more of a "let's have a serious conversation about this topic" which I 'spose is why it's so dead haha cuz she doesn't give us much to work with

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Is she dating the guy she’s in Barcelona with? Looked a like a very couples photo on stories.

He’s very very hot

sandam
Learner
Learner

Post by sandam »

ima wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:31 am
Is she dating the guy she’s in Barcelona with? Looked a like a very couples photo on stories.

He’s very very hot
Can u post a screenshot maybe? I don't have IG :(

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

ima wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:31 am

He’s very very hot
Looking at his stories, definitely looks like they're a couple. His insta is @benjarmin

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

I was wondering about that guy for a few weeks now. He’s definitely good looking. Let’s see how it plays out since he lives in Amsterdam. I remember her last trip in Amsterdam she definitely mentioned staying in a hotel (and that wasn’t too long ago). Which made me think naaah he’s not banging her lol

ImageImage

burritobaggins
Learner
Learner

Post by burritobaggins »

They went to Paris together last year too and I remember shortly after he stopped following her on Instagram. Strange that he still doesn’t follow her!

Post by Guest »

burritobaggins wrote:They went to Paris together last year too and I remember shortly after he stopped following her on Instagram. Strange that he still doesn’t follow her!

I can see that he does follow her now on Instagram :>

I wonder too if they’re an item!

ccocopops_16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ccocopops_16 »

I think they're definitely dating -- they've been on several trips together, Lizzy's been to Amsterdam quite a few times recently and he kept calling her "babe" in the Barcelona stories

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

I really like Lizzy. Have been watching her videos for a few years now. Had the pleasure of meeting her in person last year and she's a genuinely nice girl, really down to earth and authentic. Loves her job and works very hard at it, I got curious today at the Insta story which said this guy took longer to get ready than her and wondered who he was. I dont get wifi at work and so tend to miss a lot of what happens on IG and this was the first I'd seen of this bloke so I came here to see what I could find on him.

Much as I have a lot of time for Lizzy, (love her and her content) and which her nothing but happiness, I can't help thinking that this guy seems to be one of those really vain up himself , i love me types. Selfcentered and TBH not all that. When you look at the pics of them together, she looks happy and blissful and he's all posing for the camera etc. I really hope if they are dating that this doesnt go badly for her. She seemed to have such a good relationship with Harry but this guy.. and to be honest he's really not that attractive. It just comes across as one sided.. :(

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

LydiaDeetzhat wrote: She seemed to have such a good relationship with Harry but this guy.. and to be honest he's really not that attractive. It just comes across as one sided.. :(
Interesting comment. I was never fond of Harry. And their relationship always seemed off to me. Maybe it’s just his way of being but he was always very distant, uninterested, mocked Lizzy‘s lifestyle but still enjoyed living in a super nice flat with her and driving the nicest car. To me Harry seemed self centered and Lizzy came across as she did everything to please him.
What I really liked about him though was he seemed to ground Lizzy at certain times when she needed it.

But maybe I‘m not remembering him correctly, it’s been some time since I‘ve watched a vlog with him in it.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

Just watched her jeans decluttering video. She mentions her weight loss in the beginning as says she’s bought a pair of weekday jeans in a waist 25. I find that kind of worrying - Lizzy is like 5‘8 I think and a waist 25 is very tiny on that frame.
But what’s even more strange is how she just throws away/ donates whatever all those jeans in a 27 or the like. Meaning she’s not planning on putting back on that weight in the future. If I remember correctly she’s addressed the weight loss a few months ago saying that she was stressed out and just not finding the time to eat etc. but that it will change again in a few weeks. Now she’s acting like she was obese and needs to rebuy her whole wardrobe. Am I overreacting a little bit? Lol

Also: I was always kind of shocked that she doesn’t cook/ doesn’t know how to cook. I wonder what she eats day in and out. She said herself she NEVER cooks in her kitchen. Lavish lifestyle + eating out 7 days a week?! I’m sure she’s meal skipping actually...

Return to “L-O”