Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Megan Ellaby

Post by Ivehadit_Officially »

lbb2 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 am
Also I’m sorry but it gets so tiresome hearing some influencers moaning about people being negative. If she’s getting death and rape threats, trolled etc like some figures do then that’s different, never acceptable or defendable. But if she’s referring to people complaining about her content, looks, work ethic etc then she needs to get a grip. She made a full time job out of posting online so she needs to deal with some of the downsides to it. And I actually think a lot of the stuff written on here and in her comments on YT is constructive. If I were her I’d use it to get better at what I do.
I agree- if you are looking for a career in the public eye with no negative feedback then good luck my friend. If you can't take constructive criticism or a negative comment from a stranger, you need to suck it up. I get it, it sucks to hear something negative about work you've done or yourself, but that is a fact of life. Not everyone is going to like you or what you do 100% of the time.

slugella
Talker
Talker

Post by slugella »

Screenshot_20190324-205928.jpg
What on earth is George wearing.

Just looked on her insta and she did a post on the 16th of launching another jumper saying she's so proud of it. It's literally just a green jumper with the word SATURDAY on it... it just seems like something you would get at Primark. Like I don't see why people would be rushing to buy a jumper like that? Maybe it's just not my style..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

slugella wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:58 am
Just looked on her insta and she did a post on the 16th of launching another jumper saying she's so proud of it. It's literally just a green jumper with the word SATURDAY on it... it just seems like something you would get at Primark. Like I don't see why people would be rushing to buy a jumper like that? Maybe it's just not my style..
Yeah her latest addition is so disappointing. I like pink and green together but the shades of this one are off, and the Saturday font is ugly af.

I actually loved her original line, the concept and everything. It felt really refreshing for a YTer launch. Instead of putting out some random cheap shit, it was a small capsule of higher quality sweaters at a decently affordable price. It was something she could be proud of. I didn't love all the designs (why do I want a sweater that says 'pop of colour', or 'OH SO'. 'Oh so', really?). BUT I actually bought the "Well good" turtleneck and I have NEVER bought a single piece of YTer merch in my life lol. I love it and it's one of my favourite purchases from last year tbh. So I was eager to see if there would be more coming to her collection. But it's just an ugly sweater that looks like a reject from the original launch, just in time for... spring? Yikes. I hope she has something else ready to go soon and she can capitalize on some momentum.

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Oohh so she’s moving house. Have looked and the house they’re in now isn’t for sale, so I’m guessing they’re keeping it and renting it out. I’d guess they’re buying something bigger and getting on the ‘house renovation’ trend so many influencers are doing right now.

Holy guacamole they have a LOT of money.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

So did George earn so much money during his music career time? And how much Meghan’s money in there? I guess a lot of decoration and furniture she got for free from brands, but how could she afford a house, even half a house, she’s not a huge influencer.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

Lamour88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm
slugella wrote:
Yeah her latest addition is so disappointing. I like pink and green together but the shades of this one are off, and the Saturday font is ugly af.

I actually loved her original line, the concept and everything. It felt really refreshing for a YTer launch. Instead of putting out some random cheap shit, it was a small capsule of higher quality sweaters at a decently affordable price. It was something she could be proud of. I didn't love all the designs (why do I want a sweater that says 'pop of colour', or 'OH SO'. 'Oh so', really?). BUT I actually bought the "Well good" turtleneck and I have NEVER bought a single piece of YTer merch in my life lol. I love it and it's one of my favourite purchases from last year tbh. So I was eager to see if there would be more coming to her collection. But it's just an ugly sweater that looks like a reject from the original launch, just in time for... spring? Yikes. I hope she has something else ready to go soon and she can capitalize on some momentum.
I agree that it was super refreshing to see a blogger actually take the time to create something with their stamp on it rather than a shitty collection / collaboration. She seemed to be genuinely into it too and worked hard to make sure it was ethical.
Damn, saw they were moving and was like whhhaat you literally obsessed over every single detail of that house and talked about it so much
I really hope i never get as obsessed as some YT'ers and their houses, it's kinda off putting seeing so much craziness over having the 'perfect insta friendly house' my house is proper shabby (chic? lol) and sometimes i feel like i'm a failure as i don't have the space and surroundings someone like megan does - then i have to slap myself and remind myself that it's quite fickle in many ways - but you know what i mean

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Crazyinlove88 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 am
Lamour88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm
slugella wrote:

I agree that it was super refreshing to see a blogger actually take the time to create something with their stamp on it rather than a shitty collection / collaboration. She seemed to be genuinely into it too and worked hard to make sure it was ethical.
Damn, saw they were moving and was like whhhaat you literally obsessed over every single detail of that house and talked about it so much
I really hope i never get as obsessed as some YT'ers and their houses, it's kinda off putting seeing so much craziness over having the 'perfect insta friendly house' my house is proper shabby (chic? lol) and sometimes i feel like i'm a failure as i don't have the space and surroundings someone like megan does - then i have to slap myself and remind myself that it's quite fickle in many ways - but you know what i mean
It's genuinely shocking that they're moving, like you said there was so much effort put into this house, it seemed like a real passion project and not in a 'we're flipping it' way but rather as though they were slowly and carefully putting together a home to be lived in by themselves. Makes her just seem really fake because she DEFINITELY pretended like this was gonna be their home... no hint at all about it being temporary... just puts me right off her whole schtick.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

MAybe they're moving to liverpool for the new Jimmy's branch?

dressagediva
Informer
Informer

Post by dressagediva »

They're moving?! That's so weird. Why would you make the house so 'you' if it was to sell/rent out?

Lechat
Informer
Informer

Post by Lechat »

How long have they been in that house? Like a year / 18 months?! With brexit it’s a terrible time to sell... just don’t get why you’d sink all that money on decorating it so specific and then sell it. They really won’t make much profit on it.

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

I think they’re renting it out. They’ve dropped hints that he’s from a lot of money, and one of her vlogs ages ago suggested his parents loaned/gifted them money for it so maybe his parents see it as investment and want to rent it out and they’ll buy somewhere else.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

hmmm
Also, can someone explain to me the concept of press trips for bloggers / influencers? No hate just genuinely interested in what the point of them are - just watched her vlog for chloe and seems like an awful waste of money to fly loads of bloggers out to marrakech to promote some chloe product, only for it to result in a few instagram posts - am I missing something?

Post by Guest »

Good Gosh some of the outfit combinations she puts together are like she got dressed into the dark. I'm all for a bit of print clashing here and there but oh my she just wears things that just do not go for the sake of being 'out there'. It's definitely in a very contrived way, to some the quirkiness comes naturally

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

dressagediva wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 am
They're moving?! That's so weird. Why would you make the house so 'you' if it was to sell/rent out?
For George's new bar maybe,, that house is so her good luck finding anyone who will buy it.. youd have to rip our and redecorate sooo much

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

Crazyinlove88 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 am
hmmm
Also, can someone explain to me the concept of press trips for bloggers / influencers? No hate just genuinely interested in what the point of them are - just watched her vlog for chloe and seems like an awful waste of money to fly loads of bloggers out to marrakech to promote some chloe product, only for it to result in a few instagram posts - am I missing something?
it's not the first time CHloe have done that for a perfume either.. how much IS that stuff?

northern native
Informer
Informer

Post by northern native »

Crazyinlove88 wrote:
hmmm
Brand trips are very expensive, but brands allocate a certain amount of money for marketing a new product or an older/cult classic they want to revitalize. Brands, theoretically see a return on their investment with bloggers because of how much influence they have over their audience. Look at someone like Arielle from Something Navy, her followers are almost cult-like, anything she says she likes - people usually buy. Chloe, as a brand, is infamous for whoring out their newest bag (doesn't have to be a bag/ could be any product) to all big bloggers and having them post about their trip with them/ how much they LOOOOOVE their new bag, people fall all over themselves to get themselves one and then try and sell it when the next one comes out. Little do they know, that Chloe bags hold little to no value on the resale market because they're all passing trends. Basically, the brand makes the product/ allocates money to send bloggers away with their new product/ bloggers post about product/ blogger never uses the product again after 3 months of showing it on their instagram/ the cycle continues.

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Oh god, she showed them going to see Hall and Oates in her latest vlog and they’re those awful and inconsiderate people at gigs who insist on standing even when everyone behind them is sat down. I’m sorry but that’s so selfish, especially at a gig where the audience tends to be a bit older and people behind her probably chose seated tickets for a reason. Then to have her and her annoying boyfriend stood up in front of you. Don’t know why they didn’t just get standing tickets, what a shitty thing to do.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

northern native wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:01 pm
Crazyinlove88 wrote:
hmmm
Brand trips are very expensive, but brands allocate a certain amount of money for marketing a new product or an older/cult classic they want to revitalize. Brands, theoretically see a return on their investment with bloggers because of how much influence they have over their audience. Look at someone like Arielle from Something Navy, her followers are almost cult-like, anything she says she likes - people usually buy. Chloe, as a brand, is infamous for whoring out their newest bag (doesn't have to be a bag/ could be any product) to all big bloggers and having them post about their trip with them/ how much they LOOOOOVE their new bag, people fall all over themselves to get themselves one and then try and sell it when the next one comes out. Little do they know, that Chloe bags hold little to no value on the resale market because they're all passing trends. Basically, the brand makes the product/ allocates money to send bloggers away with their new product/ bloggers post about product/ blogger never uses the product again after 3 months of showing it on their instagram/ the cycle continues.
interesting, thanks - good to know that! what a bloody waste haha x

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

My main gripe with many bloggers at the moment is they talk about sustainability and wanting to buy less, but they are still being heavily gifted with new clothes on a regular basis, so whilst they can say they are buying loads less, they are still contributing to the fast fashion culture, and we all know people treat clothes with less love if they haven’t had to spend their hard earned money. It’s great that Megan is talking about it though and making a conscious effort, but still should be mindful!

Return to “L-O”