Megan Ellaby

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Megan Ellaby

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

I’ve always thought her figure was amazing, can’t really see the difference other than more toned! Yeah I really liked her last vid

Uselesstube
Learner
Learner

Post by Uselesstube »

Can't believe she went to watch the tour de yorkshire yesterday with George and put on her stories 'watching the tour de France' lol

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Yeah her and George had clearly been pissed all weekend! Tour de France ahaha. Definitely smashed as per usual!

So she’s now in Cannes with Magnum... how random is that?! Magnum ice cream! Seriously some bloggers will do
the most random of stuff for money :rofl:

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Her style recently is so basic. It’s like she copies looks completely from sweatshop brands (Zara, topshop).
Magnum... how random it is, it might make sense if she might be a cooking channel. No wonder if next promo would be a toilet paper :D

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Does anyone remember how she used to hang out with Lindsey (RopesOfHolland) years ago? Don’t know why I thought of this, but I checked on insta and they don’t follow each other now. Did they fall out too? I must have missed that

melaniegraceee
Talker
Talker

Post by melaniegraceee »

I haven’t watched her in ages or read her blog but just decided to check and I really feel like she’s slacking and getting a bit lazy most of her videos are hauls or weekly vlogs, I much preferred her when she was still living in the centre of Manchester her style and general work ethic seemed a lot better back then now it’s all trips away and dog boomerangs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

IVe noticed in Megan’s hauls that she tends to get super obsessed with an item, wear it non stop as she says for like 2 weeks. Then usually never to be seen again - find it funny. I think it’d drive me mad if I had to be super obsessed with every piece of clothing I wore day in and out, I’d go mad!! I’ve spent so much money on clothes in the last 2 years and desperately trying to be better when watching hauls and not click to buy - very conscious of consumerism these days

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

You are both SO right! She’s got herself into a bit of a corner though really, she’s become known for quirky statement style outfits and the same stuff could get boring quickly. But so many people (me included) are turning their backs on people who have such bad consumerist attitudes and throw money (and free gifts) around without a care in the world!

She’s got soooooo bloody boring.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

She seems really coy and embarrassed filming around her boyfriend. The few times I've heard him in the vlog he was shouting in the background to interrupt her filming and in another video he's talking over her while she's speaking to the camera.

What's the deal with that

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Ewwww her boyfriend is so gross. Still laugh so much at the fact he got himself verified on Instagram. He was in a tween boyband about 15 years ago, modelled briefly, released a cookbook (that absolutely flopped) and now runs a mediocre bar in Manchester. But he genuinely thinks he’s Ryan Gosling or something :rofl: The stuff he writes on people like Zoella’s instas is sooooo cringey. He went to their house once months ago and is clinging on to it hoping for a bit of their fame.

Megan’s admitted that she fancied him for years and I think she thinks he’s a proper catch. She could do so much better. He’s just allllllllll ego. They definitely have a weird relationship and he’s so rude to her in her vlogs, always shouting stuff to her etc

Backstreet51
Learner
Learner

Post by Backstreet51 »

^ The way she talks about him and promotes his stuff is so embarrassing, why does he want someone around who just fangirls over him. I know a guy like that, even all his female friends just constantly fawn over him. Ego ego ego

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

OMG guys I don't know what to say about these pants in her newest haul? I feel like the jokes make themselves :o She complained about the quality... ermmmm is that the only criticism you can think of? I mean they'd be fine on a child in the 80s but on a grown ass woman? I think you guys are right, she became known for her colourful quirky outfits and now she's just latching onto anything multicoloured and garish to reassure her audience that she's still fun and quirky.

Also this dress isn't too bad, but she wants to wear it for a wedding? Maybe it's just me, but isn't this dress a bit tacky and showing too much for somebody elses wedding? I'm not a prude, I swear, but let me know if I'm reaching :D I suppose it depends on whose wedding it is, maybe it's one of her artsy friends it doesn't matter. But I just imagine all these posh English ladies in their frock coats and matching hat, and then Megan in this flamenco dress

Also maybe you noticed that I watch her with the sound turned off :D I just wanted to see what she bought lol. But recently the way she speaks is really starting to grate on my ears. It's not so much her voice or accent, but the vocabulary she uses. It's too much, she speaks like Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup writes. There's too much slang and it sounds too try hard. And then she speaks so so fast, I'm not a native English speaker but I lived in the north of England for a year and I never heard anybody speak like that, and it can be difficult to follow sometimes. If she were 16 I wouldn't mind, but she isn't.

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

OMG guys I don't know what to say about these pants in her newest haul? I feel like the jokes make themselves :o She complained about the quality... ermmmm is that the only criticism you can think of? I mean they'd be fine on a child in the 80s but on a grown ass woman? I think you guys are right, she became known for her colourful quirky outfits and now she's just latching onto anything multicoloured and garish to reassure her audience that she's still fun and quirky.
[img][img]http://i68.tinypic.com/6i5p4o.jpg[/img][/img]

Also this dress isn't too bad, but she wants to wear it for a wedding? Maybe it's just me, but isn't this dress a bit tacky and showing too much for somebody elses wedding? I'm not a prude, I swear, but let me know if I'm reaching :D I suppose it depends on whose wedding it is, maybe it's one of her artsy friends it doesn't matter. But I just imagine all these posh English ladies in their frock coats and matching hat, and then Megan in this flamenco dress

Also maybe you noticed that I watch her with the sound turned off :D I just wanted to see what she bought lol. But recently the way she speaks is really starting to grate on my ears. It's not so much her voice or accent, but the vocabulary she uses. It's too much, she speaks like Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup writes. There's too much slang and it sounds too try hard. And then she speaks so so fast, I'm not a native English speaker but I lived in the north of England for a year and I never heard anybody speak like that, and it can be difficult to follow sometimes. If she were 16 I wouldn't mind, but she isn't.

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

I liked her last haul, but my problem is genuinely how does she keep buying new clothes all the time, i think she must only wear things once? Wouldn't it be great if she could set a challenge and only wear her items in her wardrobe for a month....

Also, i've seen her haul SO many amazing outfits that are definitely fit for a wedding, definitely doesn't need to buy again, what about that purple sleeveless jumpsuit from topshop a month ago, that was amazing - totally fine for a wedding too haha

Those striped trousers looked cool and she did mention the quality was rubbish so hope she returns it! I feel in the last year i've had a real problem buying buying buying and alot of it is down to hauls, so really trying to not spend and watch hauls more for inspo rather than buy - i think if i were her i'd go mad, I mean with the sliders she bought she mentioned they'd be great wearing them around the house - i literally don't think about fashion items when in the house haha

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

Also, i'm SO not into her promoting drinks brands all the time and selling this lifestyle that excess boozing = happy times and good times. Seriously i'm the most laid back person ever and i love a drink, just feels a bit icky especially as she has younger followers

lbb2
Talker
Talker

Post by lbb2 »

Yeah the drinking thing baffles me?! Because she obviously must binge drink as when she’s had a night out or is at a gig/event she’s usually then silent on social media for a good couple of days after and sometimes plainly says she’s hungover. It’s not a great attitude to alcohol to be promoting when your job is an ‘influencer’.

I reckon hardly any companies are interested in paid advertising with her, hence why she scrapes the barrel and takes whatever comes her way without thinking about her reputation. Magnum, JBL speakers, a supermarket wine brand etc. I know she has deals with Topshop but they’ll chuck money at anyone these days.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

I think magnum was definitely one of the bizarre ones haha, I get Topshop but she doesn't seem to be collaborating with brands that she'd genuinely wear.

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

Yet another vlog of them majorly drunk. Literally within seconds of the video starting. All she does is booze and buy clothes, how tragic.

I bet her and george would have nothing to talk about if they weren't drunk most of the time. Definitely borderline if not total alcoholics. I get second hand embarrassment when I watch her vlogs. She's hammered in her latest one at only 3 minutes in...

tiistai
Learner
Learner

Post by tiistai »

magnum has actually worked with all sorts of bloggers and influencers (not foodies or chefs) around europe for years to promote those pop up shops where you can customize your own magnum. so it's not actually that unsual.

i don't really mind the alcohol, maybe it's just that different places have different drinking cultures but also her audience is definitely older than for example zoe and alfie's, who also recently promoted alcohol. obviously if she/they have some sort of a drinking problem that's a whole other issue.

Return to “L-O”