Mika Francis/Wild Daze

nottrynabemean
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mika Francis/Wild Daze

Post by nottrynabemean »

So I honestly made a profile on here to vent a bit about Mika. I started watching her channel right when she dyed her hair blonde. I honestly really enjoyed her content around then and her old vids. But I agree with a lot of points made on here about her personality and changing. I do understand people grow up - but hers seems so disingenuous.

I was so glad when she decided to ditch the dreads and realize her ignoring it was an issue. But she still feeds this very same narrative of a white girl assuming a very late 90s / early 2000s Baby Phat style that was for minority women. It made me feel a little shame being a subscriber but I enjoyed her little chats and I guess curiosity into her life - although I came to realize she's not really enough of a lifestyle person to be engaging. She mainly sits at home. What bugged me most is her faux women-empowerment that grew to turn me off her channel more and more. She preaches about being yourself, that you are beautiful how you are - but then instantly cops to "but you can change every bit about yourself because it's fun". It's disheartening to think young girls may buy her.

I think the thing that peeved me most though, recently, is she blocked me from her Instagram :? Why? Because I liked someones comment about her lips being too big. Sure, it's not the nicest comment. But can she really not deal with opinion if all she is a soul-less entity on Instagram? Not that she is soul-less, but if you're an image, and just an image, on Insta, making money off your looks, people are going to comment. You invite comments about your hot bod and exposing yourself, but can't take anything other than ego-boosts. It's just obnoxious that I've been a brainless supporter of hers, even through her crap excuses for cultural appropriation. And get blocked for liking another person comment. Seriously? Also, mind you, she just posts a vlog about her getting her lips done and clickbaits her title that she had a "disaster" with it. She wants you to talk about them. Then her vlogs recently, she has a giant scabby sore on the corner of her lips like they're bursting.

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

I like that she’s starting to embrace her regular hair and honestly it looks good. The curly method was really cute but needed some taming because it looked a little gross and messy. That being said while I think this is a positive change for her (along with “breaking up” with her boyfriend) she needs more female friends to tell her what she looks like when she walks out of the house because the stuff she wears is tacky and unflattering. Yes I get the late 90s early 00s urban aesthetic because it’s cute sometimes when she nails it. But a couple of these outfits she was wearing this past vlogmas had me like: uh uh baby, what is you doin!?!? Especially when she put that tangled old curled wig on. Which like I said would have been cute if she had just taken the time to properly wash and take care of it. Bless her heart that shit was a mess.

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

Her natural hair is looking great!!! When she said it was wrecked I actually thought that it would have been properly wrecked- but the curls deffo add thickness. I don't know whether I'm surprised about her break up. They seemed like a good match but at the same time she has had quite a few boyfriends for 1-2 years and then breaks up!

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

she looks like rachel dolezal now

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

sorry for double post but how on earth is she moving to australia? i know they do a working holiday visa for under 30 year olds but it only allows you 1-2 years residency. i highly doubt anyone would sponsor a youtube for permanent residency either, but she makes it sound like its going to be a permanent move?

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

To me it just sounded like she's moving there for the time being, rather than forever! Probably for like 6 months?

boredatwork
Learner
Learner

Post by boredatwork »

lunaluvgood wrote:she looks like rachel dolezal now

HAHAHAHAH deadset. and she uploads pics w her hair curled and calls it her "natural hair" ...like mika you are not black... not even with your big fake pumped up lips and 390285032 layers of fake tan that's about 10 shades darker than her natural skin tone. She got called out for the dreads so she moved over curls.

Spacemen 3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Spacemen 3 »

those fake moles look horrendous

hgyal
Learner
Learner

Post by hgyal »

The latest vlog where she's off to her meeting and she's done her baby hairs tho.... Rachel Dolezal alert!

iwantyoutoknow22
Learner
Learner

Post by iwantyoutoknow22 »

Can we please discuss her move to Bali... what the hell. With her tag along sister who’s a ‘life coach’ They are so entitles it drives me crazy they talk abut how the foreigners and locals are all living together harmoniously yet you only ever see westerners in her videos

reallynotsuperbad
Lurker
Lurker

Post by reallynotsuperbad »

iwantyoutoknow22 wrote:Can we please discuss her move to Bali... what the hell. With her tag along sister who’s a ‘life coach’ They are so entitles it drives me crazy they talk abut how the foreigners and locals are all living together harmoniously yet you only ever see westerners in her videos
I was thinking the same thing. In her videos/ig stories when she's at a cafe or bar/club, it is literally all westerners. It just rubs me the wrong way a bit.

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Post by scalesfishnails »

so im guessing her and the newest bf are over?

iwantyoutoknow22
Learner
Learner

scalesfishnails wrote:so im guessing her and the newest bf are over?
Yep, they split up. Maybe he was fed up of this weird new persona she has. She’s so thirsty to be in the Confetti Club with lulutrixabelle etc. So laaaame. These girls kill me

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

I think it's a little disappointing that she's dyed her hair blonde again. She was sitting on YouTube crying her eyes out about how her dreads were justified from the hair loss caused through bleaching. I think her willingness to bleach her hair at the risk of it breaking again shows what a poor excuse it was the first time round for her cultural appropriation. Totally delegitimised anything she said about the braids/dreads being to prevent further breakage!!! Sad :(

Baeonce
Informer
Informer

Post by Baeonce »

Her lips look PAINful.

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

Baeonce wrote:Her lips look PAINful.
I'm pretty sure I'm one of her most recent blogs she actually has a noticeable lisp because of them. However, is up to her and if they make her feel more confident than I think that's a good thing

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

Her new IG photos. Those outfits are cringe as fuck.

She always looks like she would smell sweaty/unwashed, if you touched her she would feel gritty and she would taste like salt.

iwantyoutoknow22
Learner
Learner

She goes on about being vegan all the time yet wears human hair wigs... also love in her latest video she says it’s worth the expense (1000 dollars for a wig!) because it’s saved her hair. She was sent it for free.... ugh

Hustler678
Informer
Informer

Post by Hustler678 »

So now there are earthquakes in Bali and she can't wait to leave to go to Australia , and she is crippled with anxiety apparently. I would be too but did she not know earthquakes and all these natural disasters happen more there? They can happen anywhere but def more there. If she wants to live there she might as well get used to them...however I honestly don't think she will be happy anywhere. You can tell she has major mood/depression issues and moving somewhere cool isn't going to fix that.

shakenshake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shakenshake »

Hustler678 wrote:So now there are earthquakes in Bali and she can't wait to leave to go to Australia
I thought she was staying in Bali? her "spirit place" or however she put it.

Return to “V-Z”