RAEview

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: RAEview

Post by emmygues »

I think she tries to sugarcoat everything. Her twin seems to have a much different life than her. Her sister has a kid and seemed to have gone a different route than Rae. She's always using her sister as an excuse to say "oh, I gave her this and that because I didn't like it." Rae also wanted to be a lawyer at one point. I suppose that that never happened. There was some talk about her taking money from her grandma while in school to fund her shopping habits. And she worked in the college bookstore which is normal. But she always made it seem like she's too good for that. She's very about appearances so she looks very stiff all the time.

I found it really funny how she kept moving for a while because her best friend kept moving for school. That was after she broke up with her live in boyfriend. Then when she was dating that marketing guy, she never showed his face even though he used to but lavish gifts. I found his Instagram before and aside from the money, appearance wise, he's not her type.

She seems to be the extreme case of wanting perfection. I always thought that she was a slightly less insecure version of holly. Then her friend Jackie chu was the rest and together, they could be on the level of one holly.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

How does she buy all the high end products? Does she have a sugar daddy? And who pays for all her Asia trips? Seriously, this girls videos are so over the top, and the products she uses, are not affordable, so how her followers relate?

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Her instagram from last week:

Louis Vuitton scarf, Burberry monogram cape? Seriously.. how does she afford all those luxury items?!

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

I seriously think she has an Asian sugar daddy.
She just flew to Asia on SK-II's bill for promoting the crap out of their products. I hate how she never mentions that they were given to her for free. Instead, she pushes the products on viewers, and says they must get them, and repeats marketing data they've given her. Her videos state that she is not sponsored for the video, BUT hello, if the products have been given to you for free, that is like it's sponsored. She is supposed to LEGALLY disclaim it!!! I hope someone complains to YouTube about her lies and deceit.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

There is no way that girl can live off AND sustain her purchasing habits from YouTube considering the amount of views she makes per video, which is very low compared to others.

Dressing up like that, only with designers clothes, bags and shoes... it does not happen unless you have very good wages.
Which does not happen unless you have a very good job.
Which is not the case at such a young age, unless you are doing something extremely successful, a notion I just don't associate Rae with.

I am saying that as a French girl but... what an aweful outfit. I don't know how you guys usually do in US, but showing off that many brands here in France, and probably in other European countries, is considered quite distasteful. That and the perfect makeup and hair... so stiff and snobish. Not the kind of people we want to approach. It gives off the impression they want to look like CEOs of a multibillion company or something...

Btw, my best bet is that she is living with somebody who is paying the rent, the bills etc... NO WAY she can afford that by herself.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

I don't think that most celebrities boasts as much as she does about her designer items. Rae comes off as tacky and disrespectful with her clothing choices. I doubt that anybody cares about what she looks like out of Youtube, so her pretentious posts on Instagram just comes off as stupid and desperate. She pretends to be an heiress by flaunting all her designer items and acts if she's in a higher class than the rest off us.

"Oh! Look, I'm in Tokyo and it's so cold that I have to break out my Louis Vuitton scarf with my Burberry cape and Givenchy bag because unlike you peasants, I can afford brand name items."

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

^^seriously agree with both posts. She's obnoxious with her brand names, and product pushing. Asian companies don't seem to think so I guess, by all the free products and trips they keep giving her. I don't think I would ever buy products based on her opinions, cuz they're not honest opinions, but paid ones.
And yes, her designer wear show off is ridiculous. She looks like she's trying hard to rope in a wealthy man.

xoop
Learner
Learner

Post by xoop »

She just posted a drugstore makeup tutorial sponsored by Physician's Formula. That was so random, considering the fact she never uses drugstore products. Of all the people to sponsor...

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Physicians formula my ass. You know her spoilt ass doesn't use that shit. Omg. She's pushing it hard in ig, saying how lovely it is. Next video will be back with $200 products. Smh.

xoop
Learner
Learner

Post by xoop »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:Physicians formula my ass. You know her spoilt ass doesn't use that shit. Omg. She's pushing it hard in ig, saying how lovely it is. Next video will be back with $200 products. Smh.
Lol her eyes looked so empty when she was talking about how amazing the fiber mascara kit was. She probably only used it in the tutorial and that's it.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

This girl's channel is making me sick the same way that eating too much of my favorite sweets would make me sick.

I mean, I like luxury products, I really do... but she promotes the hell out of Tom Ford, SKII, Hakuhodo...
These products are not expensive, they are CRAZY expensive. Most people could not, and WOULD never spend that much.

On top of that, these brand ar hard to find, especially in Europe. So I feel like I am not targeted anymore with her channel. Can you guys even find Shu Uemura in US anymore?

Her lights are too bright in her last videos, I really can't tell the difference between one look and another. It's just winged liner to me...

xoop
Learner
Learner

Post by xoop »

Takasan wrote:This girl's channel is making me sick the same way that eating too much of my favorite sweets would make me sick.

I mean, I like luxury products, I really do... but she promotes the hell out of Tom Ford, SKII, Hakuhodo...
These products are not expensive, they are CRAZY expensive. Most people could not, and WOULD never spend that much.

On top of that, these brand ar hard to find, especially in Europe. So I feel like I am not targeted anymore with her channel. Can you guys even find Shu Uemura in US anymore?

Her lights are too bright in her last videos, I really can't tell the difference between one look and another. It's just winged liner to me...
I agree. She tends to go for products that are not readily available like that one Chanel palette she kept talking about in winter and was only available at a specific store or some Asia exclusive products from the brand. Btw, Shu Uemura is only available online in the US. And yeah, her lighting washes out the eyeshadows. It honestly looks like there's nothing on her eyelids, but I've seen this happen a lot with other gurus too.

spongecookie
Debater
Debater

Post by spongecookie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hp-rjF4xM She looks so puffy in these Fawn videos. Lol @ this comment: "Wow, you look so different from your usual videos. Do you eat a lot of carbs?"
:lol:

treestarlover
Lurker
Lurker

Post by treestarlover »

I don't really give a rat's ass about the products that this girl or any other beauty guru pushes. They like what they like and have the right to present whatever they want to their audiences. It's up to me to evaluate whether the products are suitable for me, factoring in things like price, skin tone, availability etc. So I don't really have a problem with her choice to feature high end or Asian products.

What does irk me is the tone of her voice. Blegh. She comes off as extremely pretentious and snobby in her videos, very much the girl you would do anything to avoid sitting across from at a dinner party. She's trying to push products, but her sales style is really off-putting as she just rattles off a laundry list of expected benefits of the product in a sing-song I'm better than you and know-it-all voice. I think she thinks that rapid-fire cadence makes her seem more intelligent and/or friendly but it really does not.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

The Asian companies place a lot of endorsements on her, Jennim, and a few other Asian bloggers. It goes to their heads, and they start behaving like assholes , and sit shoes in their YouTube videos. Products that are way too expensive, endorsements that they don't legally disclaim, and attitudes up their wazoo. Unsubbed to all of them.

lawlipop
Debater
Debater

Post by lawlipop »

Those of you who are so perplexed by how she has the means to afford her lifestyle - it has to be obvious that her family is well off. If she doesn't have that many views, then she is getting her money elsewhere. Also, you can tell from her content that much of it is sponsored, despite her lack of acknowledging it. Her connection with FAWN and SK-II also probably bring in some money. Her blog also has tons of affiliate links. Her money comes from her family and from her sponsorships. That's it.

Typical SoCal Korean girl from a wealthy family. I don't get why people continue to scratch their heads.

earmuffal
Learner
Learner

Post by earmuffal »

I kinda assumed that she's from a wealthy family. I just hate how she talks. Her voice, her bite, her tone.... every time I hear her say "without further ado" i wanna bang my head against the wall.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

RAEview

She behaves like she has a stick up her ass all the time. I don't see that in a lot of Korean bloggers, I mean, they are reserved, but not snobbish as she is. She's also always throwing up brand names, her IG pics are a disgusting show of money, and so are her sponsored videos, which against FTC regulations, she does not specify are endorsements and free peoducts/gifted to her.
Someone needs to report her ass and get her thrown off.
All her Tom ford, channel, guerlain, sk-II, la mer, etc could buy a car for a normal person.
And then she tries to make her viewers believe that she uses physicians formula or simple, for the sake of more sponsored endorsement.
She's a con artist, who doesn't really have any class. If you have money, you don't look like a brand whore, you should be more subtle, and classy. She is very obvious about her products, and this shows that she doesn't come from a classy family, cuz they prefer very understated looks.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

She claims that she buys luxury items for review purposes but she's just a brand name hoarder. With collections, she chooses the safest and most neutral colour palettes because she likes them instead of the dramatic ones because she doesn't wear them. Aren't reviewers supposed to be versatile and review things that are unique? She picks the most boring palettes and lip colours. Seriously, how many rose gold/brown palettes does she need? All her lip colours are nudish-peachy pinks; so basic!

She has no taste and thinks that she can fool viewers into thinking she uses drugstore products. Give me a break! And the syntax she uses is so annoying. Nobody talks like her in real life; all proper and shit.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

LOL @ her latest collaboration video. It's her first time collaborating with anyone on Youtube *eyeroll* I'm surprised she didn't collaborate with Michelle Phan first considering she kisses up to her so much. And her neck must hurt from craning her head to the left all the time.

Return to “P-T”