KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TheFashionCitizen

Post by KimiSoYeah »

I can't stand Stephanie, but I really love her hair. :bang:
I'd dye that shit red and call it a day.
I wish she weren't such a derphead.

[youtube][/youtube]
ImageImageImage

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: TheFashionCitizen

Post by paperbackwriter »

I unsubscribed to them apparently with no recollection of doing so. Haven't really noticed tbh.

xfusee
Learner
Learner

Post by xfusee »

I like them okay, but I can't stand how they absolutely must have whatever's "on trend" even if it's the fucking ugliest or impractical thing ever.
I also didn't like any of Steph's hipster glasses. I hope she regrets buying whichever one she chooses.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

I really like them. Melissa is probably my favorite though...their style may be "trendy" but once you work at a clothing store for awhile like they have, you kind of start dressing like that store. At least, In my case it did...I worked at a super trendy place in the mall and in the span of like a month my style went from girly/vintage to super tacky and trendy just like the store lol.

Nadine
Learner
Learner

Post by Nadine »

They really annoy me. Steph shouts so I have to turn it down when she talks and then they both elongate their words at the end of their sentences. I'm British and I find this very annoying. Also, the things they find funny....are not funny

missbjork
Learner
Learner

Post by missbjork »

I like them. I think they are kind of quirky and fun. I don't always like their style but they have some cool ideas and I like the thrift hauls.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

Nadine wrote:the things they find funny....are not funny
the 'mewtallica' thing... :| and fair enough I didn't find it funny that's totally fine but she just wouldn't let it go lol

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

They NEVER... EVER.... answer their comments, unless it's so negative that they need to come in and defend themselves. I constantly feel as though they just rely on their followers for success but never acknowledge that without them, they would be nothing on youtube. They're so obsessed with being "on trend," it's intoxicating...

I always feel awkward if I watch a video of theirs.... I can't explaining it... Steph's facial expressions are unsettling at times.

Unlike other thrifty guru's like Jenn from clothesencounters, these two need to get grounded. Absolute sell-outs.

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KimiSoYeah »

Did you guys know that "beanies are just completely blowing up"?
I want to slap them both silly.
ImageImageImage

sunkissedbliss
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sunkissedbliss »

I love Melissa, she has such great outfits and she thrifts the best things. Stephanie on the other hand is just super annoying. Well, her style is. "I can't wait to shred it and kind'a ~*grungify*~ it with studs and spikes." God she's such a trendy flake. She tries really hard to be trendy and be relevant but there are just some things that do not work out. But in the recent videos, well, every since she got rid of those stupid bangs that made her forehead a fivehead she's been dressing really nice and I've been liking her outfits a little bit more. And the fact she looks up to jamjars makes me want to vomit.

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KimiSoYeah »

The captcha when I uploaded this was "oh brother".
That about sums it up.

ImageImageImage

vavavoom
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vavavoom »

Stephanie just posted a picture of her new Balaneciaga Derby Shoes. I always loved their videos because it felt relatable that they shopped at the thrift stores, last chance, and H&M because they didn't have or want to spend money on expensive clothes. These shoes are $985 on Barney's website though and aren't even cute! They look like something you would find at the thrift store.

Snejana
Learner
Learner

Post by Snejana »

OMG I'm so jealous of her getting those punk Spring/Summer 2010 Balenciaga shoes! Good thing she got them before Alexander Wang takes full control of the label. Knowing Stephanie, she can make them look quite chic if she styles them right. I'm already envisioning an all black look to pair with the shoes? ;)
http://tonyleclubkid.blogspot.com/
http://princesssnejana.tumblr.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TonyLeClubKid

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool »

Are there any photos of Stephanie from when she apparently had really bad skin? I am just curious.

cheeselover911
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cheeselover911 »

Nadine wrote:They really annoy me. Steph shouts so I have to turn it down when she talks and then they both elongate their words at the end of their sentences. I'm British and I find this very annoying. Also, the things they find funny....are not funny
Sorry to dig up such an old post and thread, but I 100% agree with you. The upspeak and the Lake-Bell-termed "Sexy Baby Vocal VIrus" (not to mention the strangest neologisms like "boughten" and misuse of words) drive me crazy...they sound like they're 14. For their sakes, I hope they move beyond making videos and working in retail to something substantial, because they won't be young like this forever. Better yet--why don't they get a nice education first?

Despite the things that bother me about the way they speak and their overall demeanor, I do quite enjoy their videos. I like their style and they dress pretty well. Feel free to disagree; that's your own opinion.

hidingtonight
Learner
Learner

Post by hidingtonight »

i really loved their back to school outfits video, all the looks were really wearable. a lot of fashion yters seem to make their back to school outfit vids too over the top.
also steph's new hair looks so good! <3

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

toadstool wrote:Are there any photos of Stephanie from when she apparently had really bad skin? I am just curious.
She showed two pictures of herself with bad skin at the beginning of her "How I Cleared My Skin" video. I don't know if she was just embarrassed to show her acne at its worst, but the pics she showed............her skin wasn't really that bad. She had some acne, but nothing really major. I understand she had Acne Dysmorphia which made her believe the problem was much worse than it really was, but I was still expecting her to have had some serious acne. I always thought she had incredible luck to have had "bad acne" but cleared it without leaving any discoloration or scarring. Now I realize it's because it wasn't as severe as it was made out to be.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I liked steph's old hair. I like the sisters. I wonder if steph realizes how stupid she looks when she looks at Melissa with her mouth hanging open.... Whenever Melissa is talking and Steph's facing her... She has this morbid expression... I guess she has the case of 'bitchy resting face'. I understand that she has an overbite... But they have been doing videos for so long now... How does she not do something about her expression... Just try to look like you're not pissed off. Lol!

nani
Learner
Learner

Post by nani »

Gaga wrote:I really like them. Melissa is probably my favorite though...their style may be "trendy" but once you work at a clothing store for awhile like they have, you kind of start dressing like that store. At least, In my case it did...I worked at a super trendy place in the mall and in the span of like a month my style went from girly/vintage to super tacky and trendy just like the store lol.
At my mall you are required to wear head-to-toe clothes from that store while you are working there. If you worked at Hollister you would have to wear an outfit compiled completely out of Hollister clothes and the same went for Hot Topic and H&M.
Anyway, I never really liked the sisters. I watched some of their DIY videos and their accents are so off-putting. Their posture also bugs me. It's very hard to noticed when they are sitting in front of a camera, but when they film standing up of walking around they look so hunched over.
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Their recent Q&A video was pretty cool. They seem to be maturing past the empty-headed Valley Girl thing, which is nice to see. And I think Stephanie has finally grown out of her ~grunge~ phase. I'm glad they finally answered questions about what they're going to school for because I was always confused by the seemingly random classes they took. And knowing they go to community college I was always wondering when the hell they were going to graduate. I was shocked that Melissa is studying Music Production, because I figured it would be something fashion related. Then, of course, Stephanie chimed in that she is also studying Music Production. Does she ever do anything that Melissa isn't doing? Idk, they seem so flaky with school, just studying whatever seems cool at the time without any real direction towards a degree. And I kind of rolled my eyes with their seemingly sudden interest in electronic music. They're such trend slaves that I have to wonder if it's simply because Daft Punk and the like are the cool thing right now. Stephanie mentioned wanting to possibly be a stylist who makes music on the side like that actually exists in real life. I feel like they maintain this fantasy that they're going to move to NYC/LA and be super cool fashionistas/DJs who show up on street style blogs and go to cool parties.

They also mentioned they no longer work at H&M. Which seems odd considering they JUST did that 50 States of Fashion thing with them. I wonder if that had anything to do with the "parting of ways".

That being said, I left them a nice comment because I do genuinely enjoy them. And it has been nice to see how they've grown up. They seem like pretty cool people.

Return to “P-T”