Smokey Glow

hcburbs
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SmokeyGlow

Post by hcburbs »

I don't think one was made on her, so I am making one. Now, I do really enjoy SG, though I do think it's a bit suss she's constantly praised for her "balanced" and "eloquent" viewpoints. I am not sure why that bothers me, it's just a constant refrain I hear from people.

Anyway, the reason I am starting this post is pretty much the reason a lot of GG posts are made, and how Phoenix wins cases in Ace Attorney- contradictions.

In her tutorial today, she begins with talking about how she doesn't like using discontinued palettes that people can't buy. She wants to use products that her viewers have access to. Fair enough. So what product does she use? A neutral palette from a brand I've never heard of, given to her from Octoly. :roll: So, my thinking is that she would have been better off using an LE palette, because at least then viewers are familiar with the quality and colors of the product, moreso than a product that is literally on no one's radar. IDK.

Ihateeveryone84
Learner
Learner

Re: SmokeyGlow

Post by Ihateeveryone84 »

I unsubbed from her a while back, same as you kinda. Something about her rubs me the wrong way... I mean she seems nice. How does she afford all that makeup?

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Ihateeveryone84 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 pm
I unsubbed from her a while back, same as you kinda. Something about her rubs me the wrong way... I mean she seems nice. How does she afford all that makeup?
Her parents are rich. Did you see her Christmas presents haul? Shit was bananas.

Iris Martell
Talker
Talker

Post by Iris Martell »

She seems nice enough. I'm not particularly a fan of her makeup skills and I can't relate to her seemingly endless supply of money to buy products with.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

I actually love Hannah, but it is definitely hard to relate to her, uh, level of privilege sometimes. I couldn’t believe how much super high end makeup she received for Christmas! I can’t imagine how much dough her parents dropped shopping for Hannah and her sisters (LOL accidental film reference). I think she is very smart and genuinely “woke,” though. Her makeup skills aren’t the best, but I do think she’s getting better.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

While I think she's really personable, I do think she can be spoiled and greedy sometimes. I have noticed this with her declutters- if she has two of a product, one opened and used and one unopened and unused, she'll keep the new one for herself and give the nasty used one away. That doesn't sit right with me- like why should anyone get your old stuff because you want the new stuff all for yourself? Many youtubers just put unopened things they know they won't get to in a giveaway...

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

hcburbs wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:16 pm
While I think she's really personable, I do think she can be spoiled and greedy sometimes. I have noticed this with her declutters- if she has two of a product, one opened and used and one unopened and unused, she'll keep the new one for herself and give the nasty used one away. That doesn't sit right with me- like why should anyone get your old stuff because you want the new stuff all for yourself? Many youtubers just put unopened things they know they won't get to in a giveaway...
IKR?! That bothers me too. Give the new one away FFS.

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

She sings her own praises for being open minded then visibly enjoys judging people who don’t live up to her sheltered, privileged expectations. She reminds me of those old mean spinster teachers who seriously play favourites with little kids and are total jerks when there’s no one watching.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

DallasTX wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:05 am
She sings her own praises for being open minded then visibly enjoys judging people who don’t live up to her sheltered, privileged expectations. She reminds me of those old mean spinster teachers who seriously play favourites with little kids and are total jerks when there’s no one watching.
Ooh can you give some examples??

Also in her last tutorial she talked about making a singing channel...😏 while I am not surprised because she is definitely seems like a stereotypical theater-kid, I absolutely have no interest in that.....they also can’t seem to stop taking “inspiration” from each other (talking bout nisipisas singing channel, which I also don’t watch.)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Just go on American Idol FFS 🙄🙄🙄
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

I think she manages to say something small minded in every video. Her measure of what’s right is basically how people compare to her, age gaps, school, whatever. Like her coachella bashing vid she criticizes ppl for “poopooing” about the experience then literally does the same “my sister went to coahcella and had a bad time etc” or “I wouldn’t go to cochella” yea ok, no one would pay you to.. I think it’s hippocritical and petty for someone who lives at home and gets spoiled to be criticizing wealthier peoples reactions when they get free rides.
She reminds me of miss trunchbull when she smacks her eyeshadow brush on the pallet before applying, the angrier she is the louder she does it, very indicative of “be quiet and pay attn!” Lol

Gurudodo
Learner
Learner

Post by Gurudodo »

Social work. My social work friend. Being in social work. My social work class. Blah. Blah. Blah.

splatterwitch
Learner
Learner

Post by splatterwitch »

Glad there's a thread for her, because I have mixed feelings, too. I think her videos are generally interesting -- I tend to just watch ones where she talks about youtube drama or whatever and skip her tutorials. But god damn her whole "hi friends HELLOOO how are you" intro makes me grind my teeth, and her little "I love you guys soso much thanks so much for being here" speech at the end of every video triggers my gag reflex. Stop talking to me like I'm four years old, okay? It wasn't cute the first time. If that's her ~thing~ then fine, I guess, but it gets my back up and sours me on her a bit. Which is too bad, because she seems nice and her opinions are reasonable. I like having her videos on in the background. The only time I got high key annoyed with her was when she was complaining about other people complaining that she says the entire acronym LGBTQIA+, and then pointedly cramming it into her video a hundred times. I get wanting to be inclusive, but honestly, it's aggravating to hear her say it three times in a single sentence. Like, if you're gonna include the Q, you might as well just say "the queer community" and spare us all the repetitive gibberish. And I'm saying that as a ~gender neutral bi~ or whatever the fuck.

(Also, I know "queer" isn't embraced by everybody and I completely get that considering how it's been used as a slur for so long -- I only mean that since she's implicitly saying it by including Q in the acronym, she may as well abbreviate the whole thing to something that's less of a mouthful.)

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

I thought queer changed to questioning, but yea definitely she’s definitely banging her ‘I’m so moral drum’ there. I skip her openings, her videos are mosty rants and judging and I find it manipulative to try and wrap it in fake “hI! HeLlO!! sO hApPyY” time wasting intros and outros.

Nikki
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nikki »

She said in her video today that the Fenti powder smells like a beach house or a vacation house and she’s like do you know what I’m saying? ... no... no I do not.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

WTF is going on with her makeup and just her general....face in this thumbnail?! I'm scared I really am
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

Bat boy with one of Ariana Grande’ Extensions

lovelystrange
Learner
Learner

Post by lovelystrange »

Nikki wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:23 pm
She said in her video today that the Fenti powder smells like a beach house or a vacation house and she’s like do you know what I’m saying? ... no... no I do not.
lmao I know exactly what you're talking about and I had the exact same reaction! "You know when you first walk into your beach house? That's what this powder smells like." Girl, your privilege is showing.

lovelystrange
Learner
Learner

Post by lovelystrange »

She's buying a house?? With her boyfriend??? This seems like an enormous mistake. She hasn't even graduated college yet, has she? What if she can't find a job in the area they're living? What if she and her boyfriend break up? I foresee this going badly lol

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

it's a huge decision to make and seems like a weird time in her life to make it...I remember her talking about visiting the houses of her friends (a video from a while ago) and how it dawned on her that she's an adult now---hope that didn't factor into her decision because owning a house does not necessarily make someone more of an adult...also praying we don't get hundreds of "packing" and "interior design" other house-related videos. Because I really really do not care.

Return to “P-T”