simply_(snowfla)kenna - part 3

Re: simply_(snowfla)kenna - part 3

Post by Guest »

I kinda enjoyed her q&a, she seemed much more natural. Confused about her signing with a talent agency though???

canaduh
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by canaduh »

Sprezza wrote:I kinda enjoyed her q&a, she seemed much more natural. Confused about her signing with a talent agency though???
yeah, don’t you usually need talent? but she was far more tolerable in the q&a. my only real problem with it is that she cut off a couple questions very choppy.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

I stopped following Kenna a couple of years ago, around the time of the whole plagiarism controversy. I decided to sub to her again after she moved to Japan, and while I love a cute room tour and 'what's in my bag' video, I was hoping for more about what its like to move to Japan not knowing the language. I'm hoping she'll do videos about what her average day at language school is like, or how she got her apartment, how she communicates day to day with locals. Her aesthetic with that kind of content would be great and she'd be really missing an opportunity if she doesn't try it

miya
Learner
Learner

Post by miya »

i cringed at her answer when someone asked about anxiety...

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

dd_ca wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 pm
kofi wrote:Her style glowed down HARD. She’s found herself friendless in Japan and eating pancakes and donuts and ramen. I don’t feel bad for her she’s wasting an opportunity only her trust fund could give her.
So wait, I never knew this. She lives off a trust fund? Baaaaack in the day when she was tolerable, I remember her saying she was so broke all the time. Is this new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. It’s been discussed before on prior threads but Kenna has admitted this several times herself. I haven’t followed her in quite some time but she 1. Had a video posted where she talked about needing a new laptop & how she had to deal with trustees of her trust fund to get permission to use some money early. 2. When she had a Twitter, and was in the process of wanting to get a house she mentioned how frustrating it was that banks didn’t want to give her a loan based off being a freelancer and having a trust fund that she couldn’t access until later that year.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Lolokwow wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 pm
dd_ca wrote:
kofi wrote:Her style glowed down HARD. She’s found herself friendless in Japan and eating pancakes and donuts and ramen. I don’t feel bad for her she’s wasting an opportunity only her trust fund could give her.
So wait, I never knew this. She lives off a trust fund? Baaaaack in the day when she was tolerable, I remember her saying she was so broke all the time. Is this new?

Yep. It’s been discussed before on prior threads but Kenna has admitted this several times herself. I haven’t followed her in quite some time but she 1. Had a video posted where she talked about needing a new laptop & how she had to deal with trustees of her trust fund to get permission to use some money early. 2. When she had a Twitter, and was in the process of wanting to get a house she mentioned how frustrating it was that banks didn’t want to give her a loan based off being a freelancer and having a trust fund that she couldn’t access until later that year.
She has always been a brat but I respected her way more when she admitted her privilege. Like there’s nothing wrong with saying you have a trust fund. It’s a good thing and you should be grateful for it.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Is it been talk? It seems a lot of her videos have disappear...

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

She deleted most of her old videos to “start anew” back when she changed her handle from simply_kenna to the extremely cringey cozykitsune

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

At least Kenna is learning proper Japanese. We wouldn’t want another Ariana Grande tattoo situation lol bc she’s definitely going to get one in Japanese eventually lol

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

That one sad colored hair streak though... "make it fashion" hm, define fashion.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Bazzingadoo12 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:18 am
That one sad colored hair streak though... "make it fashion" hm, define fashion.
It looks like bird poo or dry toothpaste lmao

thewhiterabbit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thewhiterabbit »

As someone who is half Japanese and mostly grew up in Japan - I always cringe a bit whenever people say they want to move to Japan and teach English or study the language as an excuse to live there.. I know there are plenty of genuine people, but then there’s people like Kenna who basically treat it like a theme park. Japanese people aren’t Mickey Mouse characters at Disney and not everything is an attraction. The culture is not an aesthetic nor is it something to put on a pedestal. It just makes me want to vomit.

Also in her q&a she says she goes by “kei” because she felt her real name McKenna would be too hard to pronounce in Japanese. Which it may be awkward, but Kenna is definitely easy to pronounce in Japanese. It’s just weird to me. I feel like she thinks “kei” sounds more Japanese if that makes sense, so she just wants to live out her dream of being a “fairy person.”

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

I just ran McKenna through google translate and it came out as マッケーナ (Makkēna) its basically the same pronunciation as in English. Her name might be unusual in Japan but its not like it has Ls, Rs or other sounds that might be difficult for locals to pronounce. She definitely just thinks Kei sounds cuter

thewhiterabbit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thewhiterabbit »

Yeah it’s not difficult to pronounce, like I said just a little awkward? Idk how else to explain it. But Kenna would just be ケナー just going off how it sounds, which is exactly the same.

I’m honestly surprised she didn’t want to go by Sakura or something generic and stereotypically Japanese lol Or a name she heard in an anime or something

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

canaduh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 pm

wearing shoes inside her japanese apartment. Image
Yikes

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

I'm just watching her moving to Japan tips, do you think she lied about accidentally deleting her notes so she already had an excuse for when people would inevitably say her tips are shit? I had to scroll down so far until I found a positive comment. She doesn't even bother deleting them anymore.

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

Post by omglookatherbutt »

getinmymachine wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:08 pm
I'm just watching her moving to Japan tips, do you think she lied about accidentally deleting her notes so she already had an excuse for when people would inevitably say her tips are shit? I had to scroll down so far until I found a positive comment. She doesn't even bother deleting them anymore.
I’m pretty sure she has an iPhone! If so there is a way to looked at deleted Notes. It’s not hard at all!

Post by Guest »

Oh god she's jumped on the fake mole bandwagon. With that and the ridiculously big hairclips she looks a total mess. Whhhyyy is she so determined to make herself look ugly?!

Post by Guest »

kofi wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:44 am
dd_ca wrote:

She’s admitted she has a trust fund from her great grandad but didn’t have access to it until this August. She’s always saying she’s broke but she stayed for free at her sister’s for months and now that she lives in Japan she bought a PS4, a 800 dollar Disney pass and she eats out every day.
I'd be rolling in my damn grave if my grandkids spent their trust fund on donuts and gaming consoles.

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

Is she still friends with Grace?

Return to “P-T”