Thrifty Beauty/ Paige Cummins

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thrifty Beauty/ Paige Cummins

Post by buywhatyoulike »

Yeah the lack of mention of the removed video makes all the more sense to me now. If she mentioned and talked about it, people would ask why it's now removed. And with it removed, no one can go back and re-watch, or watch it for the first time to gather what their thoughts are on it if they'd never seen it.

This feels like a saving face situation. She focused on the easy stuff, talked about this fresh start and change to come. She ignores the wrongful way she singled out and made a question asked, sound like some vicious question asked for the sake of being something like a petty kind of pedantic instead of from someone's actual curiosity. Then deleting that video to cover herself that way. Maybe she deleted the video because she felt bad about it in some way. But honestly hearing about these comments she's loving on her latest video, I'm all the more disinclined to believe that. If she really felt bad for making the video, for the sake of the person talked about; she'd have talked about them and the video. She only really says how she could feel and reply defensively etc. She never mentions specifically the question she made a whole video mockingly dismissing, which feels like glossing over it to again save face and to try make her actions sound more reasonable or excusable. She was downplaying it and omitting some of what she did.

If you do wrong by someone, you apologise. You don't apologise for your general behaviour, glossing over the people you really specifically did wrong by and singled out. I admire you Slexov, for making the comment and asking the question in the first place. I really do. I'm glad you brought this up here and at least helped me to see how much she's saying with her actions, despite what words are coming out of her mouth.
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

indoorplant
Informer
Informer

Post by indoorplant »

It's not even like she's got that many criticisms. It's like be a better person and move on. Five pages after how long on YouTube is pretty minimal. Lucia has like 120+
pls water me

ShallowBay
Debater
Debater

Post by ShallowBay »

Four foundations isn't a lot. But if you're preaching a realistic and minimalistic collection- it's a lot.

She definitely glossed over the pop effect explained video. She could have taken the oportunity to admit she jumped to a snarky defense and was wrong and was going to remove the video... but nope.

I'll continue to rage here about her because clearly she only want to address what's easy

histrionicbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by histrionicbitch »

I mean, her apology clearly was somewhat fake and an attempt at damage control. I congratulate her as it was a decent attempt at damage control, but a small part of me doubts she'll change that much and once again she only addressed the easy shit.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Ugh she just did a makeup inventory and didn’t count the closet full of eyeshadows. The minimalists love to not count because it’s “for their channel” but we are watching their channel because these are real people with makeup collections. Everything counts. Even the things that you don’t want to count. If you want to get rid of them, do it. But don’t lie about what you have
I’m the worst of the worst

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Makeup Inventory with PICTURES!
Oh my god, she still didn't mentioned her Coastal Scents eyeshadows collection, wow! She had a chance to talk about much CS she had, I was waiting for it since she reads here, but no, she skip it, must look like a minimalist at all cost, must have that backclap. I don't care if she 1 or 4 foundations, 5 or 300 lipsticks, I would prefer her to be just honest for once, not doing like it doesn't exist. She didn't have to have a minimalist collection, she could have just a small or normal collection or whatever her heart wants.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

claradion wrote:The minimalists love to not count because it’s “for their channel” but we are watching their channel because these are real people with makeup collections.
I don't get the 'for their channel' thing, does that mean she don't use it once in a while? Then why collection it in the first place, THAT would be really wasteful. I would respect someone with more palette that they actually use. This is why I like people who dupe palette with multiple stuff they already own and use. Not dupe it with averagey eyeshadows they don't care.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Nance I was waiting too! I was thinking, great, she read here and is going to be more honest and transparent, and then the video ended and :|

ShallowBay
Debater
Debater

Post by ShallowBay »

Came here before I watched the video to see if she acknowledged the hot pots. Guess not.
Like honestly I don't give half a shit how much of each thing she has (unless shit starts getting crazy like some other big youtubers than wtf) but if she's going to preach minimalism, she needs to follow through on that. She bought a l'oreal glotion and if it was anyone else I wouldn't bat an eye but hey Paige, what do you need ANOTHER primer/base product for in your "minimalist collection".

I also don't see how makeup inventory isn't any different from her makeup collection.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

ShallowBay wrote:I also don't see how makeup inventory isn't any different from her makeup collection.
Because in her makeup collection she just counted them, but now, in her makeup inventory, she really counted them. Plus we see it With pictures! not live like the other one. This is different.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Really, it would have been something new if she would finally acknowledge the CS, but this just end up being a more boring 'my realistic collection'.

Slexov
Informer
Informer

Post by Slexov »

Incase anyone was interested there's another video about her makeup inventory up. Still doesn't mention CS hotpots
"Remember the magic of the wave"- Moochia Tepper Beauty, (2015-2018)

histrionicbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by histrionicbitch »

Nance wrote:
claradion wrote:The minimalists love to not count because it’s “for their channel” but we are watching their channel because these are real people with makeup collections.
I don't get the 'for their channel' thing, does that mean she don't use it once in a while? Then why collection it in the first place, THAT would be really wasteful. I would respect someone with more palette that they actually use. This is why I like people who dupe palette with multiple stuff they already own and use. Not dupe it with averagey eyeshadows they don't care.
I mean, that would explain why she buys the real palettes of her dupe palettes.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

histrionicbitch wrote:
Nance wrote:
I mean, that would explain why she buys the real palettes of her dupe palettes.
I was thinking they must be so much better quality than CS too

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Wow, that last video was sort of annoying, half the video was her fan girling over the Blood palette (how old is she?) the other was about the lesson is that if she doesn't want a product this bad then she probably doesn't need it. I wonder how she is when she need a soap.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Nance wrote:Wow, that last video was sort of annoying, half the video was her fan girling over the Blood palette (how old is she?) the other was about the lesson is that if she doesn't want a product this bad then she probably doesn't need it. I wonder how she is when she need a soap.
:rofl: well she will have to need the soap pretty damn badly.

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

MeanGirlBeauty.jpg
Seriously, you're going to call out people for unsubbing? People have a right to unsub when the content of a channel or the channel itself no longer interests or appeals to them. Don't go acting like they're shitty people for knowing what they like and want to watch more of. Really shows how understanding and nice Paige truly is :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

buywhatyoulike wrote:
MeanGirlBeauty.jpg
Seriously, you're going to call out people for unsubbing? People have a right to unsub when the content of a channel or the channel itself no longer interests or appeals to them. Don't go acting like they're shitty people for knowing what they like and want to watch more of. Really shows how understanding and nice Paige truly is :roll:
I mean really what did she expect. Jeffreee Star is very controversial and problematic, some people just won’t support others who support and purchase from his brand, much like the Kat Von D anti-vaxx issue going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I think some of them might be people who really hate Jeffree Star, personally I don't mind people who is still reviewing / buying his products, but he is a controversial figure and she didn't even acknowledge it.

The video was useless as a review, 98% of the video was about her and 2% about the quality of this controversial / stainable palette. The fangirling was awkward to watch, but I think all the blabla is because she still want to be seen as minimalist despites having the CS dupe and be like 'I'm not like the people who bought the palette just because they like it, no, I was lusting for it'. I think she should just drop off CS if she don't care about them / don't use them, but if she use them, then count it in her collection.

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

Yeah, I was thinking at least some of the unsubbing was due to Jeffree. And fair enough, if they don't want to watch someone who will buy from and 'review' his products, then they should go ahead. Its their right to. What irritated me was how she felt the need to call that out, as if there was something wrong with them unsubbing. When no, there was nothing wrong with that. It was their choice to sub in the first place, and it was their choice to unsub then. Entitled Miss Paige, shows her ass to people again.

That she didn't acknowledge how controversial he is, I think shows her lack of understanding about how others truly feel. Otherwise why didn't she see the unsubbing and think 'maybe its the brand I was just talking about, oh that makes sense I guess'. I've not watched the actual video, but yeah, I can see all the more why someone might unsub if they don't like Jeffree Star; who would like to hear someone fangirl about a brand and person they might want to avoid like the plague? I certainly wouldn't want to watch that. It was more understandable why people unsubbed after this video, than for example, if she'd bought the Clover palette and done a video on that.

I want so badly for her to actually address and do something about the CS singles for once. Like you said, if she doesn't use or care about them, then figure out what to be done about them. If she uses them, then count them in her damn collection already. She might've bought them for youtube, but they're still a part of her collection, especially if she's still using them. She can't say 'this is my dupe palette' meaning she's using it or planning to, and conveniently forget her CS singles don't exist as a thing she owns/uses when it comes times for collection videos. Its very much only showing what you know will show you in a favourable light or give the impression you want to try give.

Return to “P-T”