princessmei

idontknow

princessmei

Post by idontknow »

She has almost 300k, but one of her videos has about a million views. I found her awhile ago and there isn't a topic on her. I really really really liked her at the start, but oh my god she has the largest attitude ever with her subscribers in the comments. It made me not really like her anymore. Good content, but not worth the bitchiness.

annapolly
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: princessmei

Post by annapolly »

She is so up her own arse. Plus I found it amusing that the CF skincare routine she posted wasn't CF and when questioned she said nothing.
She's like the biggest try hard. The not so casually pulling out a card for a sex shop in what's in my bag and bringing out a taser and pepper spray and saying all women should be armed. How self indulgent do you have to be to know not everywhere allows you to be armed. I thought miss worldly would know this! Tsk tsk.
judging u

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Okay, right? I went to the county fair last year and I carry around these little kitty brass knuckles on my keys and they made me go leave them in my car because I wasn't allowed to bring them on the fairgrounds. She is seriously one of the cockiest YouTubers I've come across with such a small following. Also, totally not personality related, but she like never opens her mouth fully when she talks. She talks with her teeth like gritted and it looks so weird.

And she totally went off on me in the comments while ago too. She said something in her video along the lines of "and then you guys are going to bug me in the comments like you always do" and someone commented saying that it was rude and I was having a conversation with them about it and then she came in and went off on us saying that we were being overly sensitive and stuff. Like I'm pretty sure your subscribers are what got you the little fame you have, without them "bugging you", you wouldn't even be relevant in the slightest. You were a model for an unknown clothing brand that you quit, congrats, Mei.

kimchijeon
Debater
Debater

Post by kimchijeon »

Wow surprised to see a thread for her here. When did her subscriber count jump that high??

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

kimchijeon wrote:Wow surprised to see a thread for her here. When did her subscriber count jump that high??
I think possibly after her most recent hair dye video. I'm not sure why, but it got over a million views on it and some people might have stayed after that.

God
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by God »

Her bitchy personality doesn't match her looks i swear

rikatan
Talker
Talker

Post by rikatan »

I've been looking for a thread on her! At first I liked her, then she starts cursing like a sailor and it is such a turn-off. It's like she can't say a sentence without "fuck" in it.. like she's trying too hard. And I totally agree, that she doesn't fit her persona. Her backdrop is decorated to be princess-y themed and she has a sweet dress style... and then she opens her mouth and she's a bitch.

:roll: Make up your mind on who you want to be.

Vici
Learner
Learner

Post by Vici »

I'm so glad there is a thread !
I watched one of her monthly favorites like six month ago but I only really discovered her channels about a month ago. At first I thought she was really pretty (well, she still is) and I liked the fact that she seemed about non sweatshop/cruelty free brand but ah, she seems a little... obnoxious? over confident? (Ho and the cursing. A bit is ok, but this is too much. Like she's trying to appear tough or something?)
Also, what is she doing in life? Is she a model or something? She seems to be pretty loaded (I mean, her haircuts cost like 800$, I believe ?)
Ho and the chinese fashion look book is a bit cringy. The clothes were pretty but, uh, you're wearing a black short big and qipao to look "Chinese". I guess her parents didn't raised her telling her about her origins (She doesn't madarin or else, does she?), but she really look like stereotypical "girl from China" in a 90-00's movie.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I really, really like her tutorials. Plus, her editing skills are totes on point. She seems like a real sweet girl, but you take a look at her Twitter and she has such an attitude :rofl:

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

She has really good style in editing and other things but her personality is definitely not nice. She seems very catty and those people that constantly complain about things if it's not to their liking. I just honestly find her annoying. Trying to portray an innocent persona when she's really pretty nasty.

6cl6wn6
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by 6cl6wn6 »

She's trying so hard to be edgy in her IG stories

penny
Learner
Learner

Post by penny »

I like her and kinda don't like her at the same time :p I feel like she tries too hard to portray herself as a badass :|

When I watched one of her thrift haul videos, she would rave so much over the pieces she found, and on her depop she would be selling them for ridiculous prices. I'm sure she got them for so much cheaper at the thrift store yet she raises the prices to sell on depop. Some people may say she's being a smart business person, but I dunno--I don't like it.

Also, that one video of her and her guy best friend made me feel bad for the guy friend's girlfriend; I don't think Mei understands how acting so close and flirtatious like that could potentially make another person uncomfortable.. I think it's sad, but of course, it's none of my business :p

Also yeah, I don't like the way she talks either--with gritted teeth :x her friend Olyvia talks the same way but worse imo (I consider this a very lazy way of talking lol). I can't bear listening or looking lol.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

I honestly don't find her pretty. Her face is all skin and bones. She can gain a bit of weight. Her latest minimalistic video was stupid too. Nothing about it was classic nor minimalistic. If you compare it to the cake trend with makeup rn, maybe, but that's not the point. Cake make up isn't something to compare to. Only IG gurus and ridiculous yt people cake their make up.

aulait
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aulait »

I find her swearing kind of off putting too, im not opposed at all to profanity but i guess I'm just not used to hearing fuck thrown around so casually in my youtube feed? Haha

I agree that her mouth moves funnily? But I think my own mouth looks weird when I talk so I'm not gonna judge haha

I have heard she has a catty streak, do you guys know much about this?

I think she's alright but I think one thing i don't like is that she isn't very fluid in her posing. it comes across really stiff, forced and uncomfortable. I've watched her off and on for a while and ai can't get over how rigid she is when she poses, i think it's the style she goes for though? stiff like a doll maybe? Not sure but i personally can't watch it without grimacing hahah just my personal taste though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Lamonde_ wrote:I honestly don't find her pretty. Her face is all skin and bones. She can gain a bit of weight. Her latest minimalistic video was stupid too. Nothing about it was classic nor minimalistic. If you compare it to the cake trend with makeup rn, maybe, but that's not the point. Cake make up isn't something to compare to. Only IG gurus and ridiculous yt people cake their make up.
I think she's really pretty, but I agree her last makeup tutorial was dumb af. It wasn't even minimalistic, it was a look we all know how to do (bold red lipstick, cat eyeliner and fake beauty marks? It's been done since the 50s) and it even didn't suit her.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

She just seems like the new wave of young yters that are so crass and full of themselves imo

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Lol her TMI tag, "I'm not a very angry person". You sure snap at people like you are. I feel like she's been trying to hold her tongue more lately since people have been noticing.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

idontknow wrote:Lol her TMI tag, "I'm not a very angry person". You sure snap at people like you are. I feel like she's been trying to hold her tongue more lately since people have been noticing.
Exactly! She says "fck" so carelessly about things too. She's so fake. I hate how she was trying so hard to eat properly when I'm sure in reality she doesn't eat like that. She just tries to come off as this educated, classy and demure person, but she's the complete opposite of it.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

Omg her new video "not complaining" about the attn she's getting. She tried to say "positive/negative" opinions about her when she's just really focusing on the negative comments on her. If you really didn't care about what negative things people say about you, why make a video referencing it? Lol

Most of her videos lately have been her complaining and just talking about herself. Doesn't she have friends to talk to?

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Every time she says that she doesn't know how to handle the attention or that she's a pretty chill person, all I think of is, "DON'T tell me I look like an anime character" "DON'T call me a princess" She got heated over positive attention she was getting. No one was trying to offend her, and yet there she was, very offended.

I also don't think her and Olivya are that close anymore. They never make videos together anymore and Mei said that recently she's been down, and Olivya posted a video a few weeks ago saying she's feeling down and lost too.

Return to “P-T”