Simply Nailogical

ad1ba
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simply Nailogical

Post by ad1ba »

Her second channel isn't as bad as her first. I actually like the outtakes/behind the scenes because of their lack of jokes.

ylharaS
Learner
Learner

Post by ylharaS »

I recently rewatched the collab between Saf, Corrine, and Cristine. She was the worst. Everyone seemed pretty much normal except for her; I can't imagine having to be there with her and her cringe personality. "Rich nice real maple syrup delicious" She tries so hard to make everything about her so special and quirky and quotable. It was just so terrible... and I was such a huge fan of hers for a long time. I haven't even watched her last six videos and I used to be excited for them every Saturday. I'm really disappointed in her content.

Not all of your fans are 12, Cristine. I miss the nail polish videos, like the reviews and history behind rare polish. Those were my absolute favorites.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

I had to stop hate watching her. between the holo bullshit and they annoying ass way she calls for Ben I couldn't take it anymore. oh, and those poor cats. I don't know how Ben puts up with her. he's either in it for the money or the most patient man ever. if I were him I would have left a long time ago.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

I have to say, her content these days is a hit or miss and I wish that she would look at the views she's getting. A lot of her content is struggling to hit 3M+ views, but nail videos and hack videos clearly do well. I know there's a magic formula to not repeating the same video ideas over and over but considering the fact that she only uploads once a week, I don't think it would be a massive issue.

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

I think she doesnt really care. She doesnt plan on making youtube her main job, and she just does whatever she wants with her channel.
Also, I thin she got fed up with nail art, she usually has one color holo nails.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Both cristine and ben have said she started doing nail tutorials in ig while in grad school. Ben said she always had to be doing something and always had to keep busy. Her ig followers convinced her to do youtube and then asked her to show her face and reveal herself. Doing youtube is more work than short ig pics or videos so she became consumed with it.

Ive always thought she did nail experiments ineffciently. She always tested on all 5 fingers. And it takes a long time for all those layers to dry. I never understood why she didnt do different variables on each finger. It would have saved a lot of time. Plus she always only showed her middle finger so i didnt get why not just test on one finger for each variable until you found the best way and then take off the stuff on the rest of the 4 fingers and do them in the best way. Instead of using all 5 fingers per one variable. Not only did it waste hours for her getting it on and off but it damages all her nails instead of just one or two.

Anyways because of that time wasting her videos took forever to shoot and edit. So i feel like she would rather do comedy videos as its easier and takes a shorter time. And she likes jenna marbles so shes doing similar content.

semivillain
Learner
Learner

Post by semivillain »

I feel like she's catering more and more towards the younger audience. I sometimes feel weird about being older than 20 watching her videos because the comments are flooded with 'Hi Im 12!!!!' . There's nothing wrong with being young and being on youtube, obviously, but its like..Cristine, girl, your older videos were funny and smart and now they're just yelling and nonsensical.

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

watching ben hammering the cutting board on what appears to be their glass electric stove top was one of the worst things ive ever witnessed

pale-blue-monster
Debater
Debater

Post by pale-blue-monster »

Everyone has different tastes.
But I like her videos, I do find them funny, although I miss nail art as well.
One thing, I will also push as a win for her, is that she funds people's education and puts a real emphasis on the importance of education.
As well, youtube isn't her main job. I find I get bored with other Youtubers, because they do become so focused on making money and views, that their views lack creativeness or fun, e.g. Emma Blackery.

How she acts with others, like Threadbanger is quite cringe.
TBH I think Ben really loves her, and again, we only see her on video. She may be really hyper for the camera.

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

Check out that Adam’s apple at the start of the car donation video... or is it a scar? Either way her neck looks a little odd. I’ve never noticed it before.

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

I love how Cristine actually uses her platform and profits to promote good causes and actually try and make a difference. Like I get some people could say it was self-promoting, as she did make a video out of it and everything, but I'm sure that cat cafe owner was happy to go along with it in return for $10k and free promotion for their charity.

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

YellowLadybird wrote:I love how Cristine actually uses her platform and profits to promote good causes and actually try and make a difference. Like I get some people could say it was self-promoting, as she did make a video out of it and everything, but I'm sure that cat cafe owner was happy to go along with it in return for $10k and free promotion for their charity.
i like her. shes smart, funny and knows which demographic to appeal to and she does it well. also her and ben are couple goals. is it just me or ben looks hotter in past couple of videos?

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

....uh yall know this is trash a guru right? here's her rave thread because I didn't really come her to read those words lmao

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

timesnewroman wrote:....uh yall know this is trash a guru right? here's her rave thread because I didn't really come her to read those words lmao

This thread goes to shit whenever she donates some money or whatever good thing she does.

CykamoreTres

Post by CykamoreTres »

timesnewroman wrote:....uh yall know this is trash a guru right? here's her rave thread because I didn't really come her to read those words lmao

Can y'all stop being triggered over people recognizing someone's doing something good

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

CykamoreTres wrote: Can y'all stop being triggered over people recognizing someone's doing something good
It's against TOS to rave in the trash thread, plus I don't consider calling Ben hot really recognizing her charitability. Image How is it being triggered when I just stated facts lmao there's a rave thread and ppl talk shit here.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Merpedy wrote:
This thread goes to shit whenever she donates some money or whatever good thing she does.
It's like we made a rave thread because stans kept hopping in to defend her idc what charitable acts she does, I didn't sub to her thread to read that shit.

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

timesnewroman wrote:
CykamoreTres wrote: Can y'all stop being triggered over people recognizing someone's doing something good
It's against TOS to rave in the trash thread, plus I don't consider calling Ben hot really recognizing her charitability. Image How is it being triggered when I just stated facts lmao there's a rave thread and ppl talk shit here.

I get that but it’s kinda ridiculous to be so pressed when her rave thread is clearly old and inactive. It’s in a “guru with 50,000 subs” section and Cristine is clearly far beyond that so I wouldn’t necessarily expect people to go and find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

So, Uh, is no-one going to talk about her 'deleted' Toy Review video?

She says she deleted it because it was 'so bad' but then mentions it a heap, even with clips of it on her main channels video. Of course meaning her fans will want to see it. So she uploads it to her other channel due to the 'popular demand' which she herself curated. :roll:

It shows her shopping at Walmart, and at 2:42 they say they had a sponsor but it also didn't work out, while clearly showcasing Walmart and their self serve checkout....

The video is just more of the same of her childish yet inappropriate for kids humor as she reviews crappy toys. I get that a lot of the products are very WTF inducing, and cheaply and poorly made with dubious educational and moral value - but I feel like for a sponsored video you probably wouldn't want to showcase the worst products you can find, only to diss them further, and think that would go over well with any sponsor. (Not to mention the hypocrisy, when her own videos these days have much the same dubious content.)

I feel like she was definitely trying to get attention and throw shade because the sponsor backed out, under the guise of "teehee, I made a 'bad' video fans, just look at these clips of how 'bad' it is, I'll totally never release it, teehee, unless you all conveniently 'demand' to see it".

It's just so obvious, and don't even get me started on the whole buying crap you don't even need or want just to react to it and throw it away.

I just can't believe I'm not seeing more people saying things about it. Like I get it's same old, same old with her - but IMHO she gets away with too much of this shit in comparison to many other youtubers and I can't help but wonder why.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

I have such a love/hate relationship with her. I think she could be a decent content creator IF she decided to cater towards one audience or the other. She's too mature for super young kids yet I feel like a child watching her at 23. I still watch her videos because it's decent background noise. I just get embarrassed if I actually pay attention to what's going on.

I feel like her channel has really gone down hill in the last year or so? I know she took a major change after dropping a lot of her nail content but that didn't bug me. Lately her videos just seem.... off.

Return to “Simply Nailogical”