Vintageortacky

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by clairebear »

razzledazzle wrote: Anyway, the whole thing is sad but at the same time, she has no excuse to not attempt to fix her health somewhat. Her instagram is filled with food pics and even in the recent TMI video she said she went to In n Out (burgers, fries, shakes) for dinner the night before. I do not believe she is trying to lose weight, as someone mentioned she may be trying to do but is not talking openly about it.

I believe she lies to herself about her weight and what she looks like and that she uses the unconditional love of her husband to justify not doing anything about it, and has bought into the whole "curvy" persona. We have her on one side and Makeup Geek girl on the other, an obese girl who went in the opposite direction.
I don't think Makeup Geek deserves any praise. Marlena has lied about gastric bypass and has had massive amounts of plastic surgery. She certainly isn't someone to look up to for weight loss and clearly has her own mental illness with the amount of plastic surgeries she's having on her face and body. Cora's in the wrong for not doing anything about it, but Marlena took her obesity in to another addictive direction. Seeing Cora's IG it doesn't appear she cares about eating right or losing weight at all, I've almost come to not wanting to watch her because it's such a careless way to be.

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

I don't think Makeup Geek deserves any praise. Marlena has lied about gastric bypass and has had massive amounts of plastic surgery. She certainly isn't someone to look up to for weight loss and clearly has her own mental illness with the amount of plastic surgeries she's having on her face and body. Cora's in the wrong for not doing anything about it, but Marlena took her obesity in to another addictive direction. Seeing Cora's IG it doesn't appear she cares about eating right or losing weight at all, I've almost come to not wanting to watch her because it's such a careless way to be.[/quote]

Oh, no, I wasn't praising her at all! All I meant was you have two obese girls and both are on the extreme sides of the fence. One doesn't do anything and is denial and the other gets stomach surgery and all that. Was not praising her, just saying that there is no medium, where they actually take control of their life and diet and exercise for results. I agree with you that she lies and is mentally ill as well, as she comes across as very unstable and bizarre to me, as well.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Oh! Sorry I read in to that wrong. I just think it's so annoying how Marlena thinks she such a weight loss "inspiration" when she's not. I agree thought both of them are off the charts on two different sides of the spectrum. I don't know what's wrong with just adopting a healthy lifestyle as a happy medium.

supernovs
Learner
Learner

Post by supernovs »

It's still hard to lose weight after the gastric bypass, the other day I was watching that show in TLC 'My 600lb life' and you can see the struggles post-surgery not everything comes as easy as one would think although I'll definitely agree that Marlena went overboard with her plastic surgeries

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

It definitely is still hard after gastric bypass, but Marlena actually called it "the easy way out" and seemed to insult any one who had gastric bypass, in that same way she denied having plastic surgery. Then now she has all the classic health problems of someone who has weight loss surgery, she's a huge hypocrite mess.

I wonder if it's something Cora has ever considered? It just seems so bizarre for someone her size to never even address her weight or even having tried to lose or anything about it. Her whole existence revolves around superficiality and the way she looks so I don't think it's that far off to address.

PuppiesLove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PuppiesLove »

clairebear wrote:It definitely is still hard after gastric bypass, but Marlena actually called it "the easy way out" and seemed to insult any one who had gastric bypass, in that same way she denied having plastic surgery. Then now she has all the classic health problems of someone who has weight loss surgery, she's a huge hypocrite mess.

I wonder if it's something Cora has ever considered? It just seems so bizarre for someone her size to never even address her weight or even having tried to lose or anything about it. Her whole existence revolves around superficiality and the way she looks so I don't think it's that far off to address.
I'm curious as to how you and others have come to the conclusion that Marlena has had gastric bypass when she denies ever having that done? Not that I have seen anyways, so enlighten me lol. Kinda OT but curious since a couple have brought it up. But yeah after having that surgery done of course its going to be hard to keep weight off because youre not actually teaching yourself to eat healthier. Losing weight and being healthy is a learning and will-power process. Not many people wake up and be in it 100%. You have to research and stuff and by having gastric bypass you lose weight by still eating shitty foods so you think you can just eat like that forever and nothing will happen but it does catch up.

Back to Cora. I really do like her quirky personality...well I used to. It seems like its kinda forced now. She just kinda lost her spark. I usually skip over her videos now when before I couldnt miss one. Her response to the weight question in the TMI tag was funny. Every question in that tag is ridiculous so for her not to answer just that one is dumb so that is not even a valid argument. Its also a 'rule' not to ask a woman her age but obviously she had no problem answering that one....or the height question. I think she likes to give the extra inch to herself to try to justify her weight even if its juuuust a little bit lol.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

I don't think she's lying about being 5'6, I remember pictures of her with QueenofBlending and Shrinkle. Yes, they're both short, but she still seemed to tower over them quite a lot.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

DingoPet wrote:I don't think she's lying about being 5'6, I remember pictures of her with QueenofBlending and Shrinkle. Yes, they're both short, but she still seemed to tower over them quite a lot.
Queenofblending is like 4'11 and Shrinkle (forget her name) is like 5'0. I think Cora could be around 5'4 - definitely not close to 5'7. Speaking of Lauren (queenofblending) she's actually lost quite a bit of weight and is now a fairly normal size (formerly very obese like cora).

lucifer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lucifer »

I met Cora somewhat recently and she's definitely around 5'6". I'm 5'2" and she looked about 4 inches taller than me.

PanicStation
Informer
Informer

Post by PanicStation »

I remember the first time I saw Cora do an OOTD/look book. I was amazed at how large she was. It's really hard to tell how big someone is when you see them from the neck up all the time.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Good lord...

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think that's actually one of her better outfits, she didnt put everything but the kitchen sink on with it

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.co ... 87a7_8.jpg

Her with QueenOfBlending. Lauren is like someone said 4'10, Cora doesn't look 5'7 but just from this close shot you can really tell how HUGE she is. A lot Larger than she appears even in her angling OOTD shots. She needs to burn that necklace.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

clairebear wrote:I think that's actually one of her better outfits, she didnt put everything but the kitchen sink on with it

Her with QueenOfBlending. Lauren is like someone said 4'10, Cora doesn't look 5'7 but just from this close shot you can really tell how HUGE she is. A lot Larger than she appears even in her angling OOTD shots. She needs to burn that necklace.
Whoooahhh! Cora is mountainous (if that's even a word) I can't even describe how large she looks in that picture. She dwarfs lauren.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I was pretty surprised by that photo too! Lauren is short and has lost weight but she's still top heavy and a plus size girl. Cora looks ginormous up against her.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

Well, Cora is a beautiful girl. I have a friend who is tall and big and she makes no apologies for her size. Unfortunately now she suffers from asthma, has joint problems, can barely walk and hasn't worked in years. it is tough to see that her life is limited to her home and her dependency on her husband is 100% now because she refused to lose the weight and stood by her size. I realize there is more to one's relationship with food then meets the eye, but at some point it becomes similar to an alcoholic and it has to change or one becomes engulfed in what is left of their life because of bad choices. As someone who is currently focusing on losing a few pounds and getting my health level up a notch, I can't imagine how tough looking at that amount of weight would be. For her to take control of her health, it won't be very easy.

I really fear that Cora may end up suffering as she ages. In the long term, ignoring the fundamentals of the health that she can change now, seems such a waste. She is a sweet girl, she is pretty talented and she also has oodles of support with her subs...it would be cool to see her make a positive change for her health's sake.
:love2: :love2:

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

clairebear wrote:I think that's actually one of her better outfits, she didnt put everything but the kitchen sink on with it

That photo of her with QueenofBlending doesn't really tell the whole picture. The picture is from an odd angle and Cora is bending her back and neck to be closer to Lauren's height. There were other pictures I saw on instagram when it happened, but I can't find them now where she definitely looks 6-7 inches taller than Lauren.

I agree that that's one of her nicer outfits. It's simplistic in a nice way and, I think, quite flattering on her. I also agree she should burn that finger necklace, it ugly and distracting.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

clairebear wrote:I think that's actually one of her better outfits...
Indeed!

-------------------
There's a post on her blog entitled "Loving Yourself Now!" in which she has a quote that says "Body confidence does not come from trying to achieve the 'perfect' body, it comes from embracing the one you've already got".

She explains that loving yourself also means taking care of your body (health-wise) which I completely agree with. The thing is that sometimes if one is "overly confident" and content with ones body, then it becomes harder to see the need for improvement and, from what I can tell, Cora has always been the same size ever since the beginning of her YouTube channel so, what does that mean?

Does she have a condition that keeps her from losing weight? Has she tried to lose weight? Has she sought medical/nutritional advice? Does she care at all? Who knows? I know it's nobody's business but since she has already addressed this topic on that blog post I think it's fair game to ask or wonder about it.

:?

Here's the post:

http://www.vintageortacky.com/2013/10/2 ... rself-now/

PuppiesLove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PuppiesLove »

And then this was posted on Instagram......

She says, "Idk which is better, the quote itself or who said it. Thank you JK Rowling"

That goes along with the blog post you just talked about^^^^

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think that it's great she has such high confidence and I agree with loving yourself the way you are but that doesn't mean you can't make changes and better your health. I don't think we're hating on her for her size or saying being fat is the worst thing ever, it's just the obvious unhealthiness and carelessness about it that I don't understand with her.

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

PuppiesLove wrote:And then this was posted on Instagram......

She says, "Idk which is better, the quote itself or who said it. Thank you JK Rowling"

That goes along with the blog post you just talked about^^^^
I find this quote super lame and the fact that she put it up really solidifies my opinion she is not happy with her weight. There is no humanly way possible that she is, I am sure of it. She may be used to it, enjoy her current lifestyle, be happy with her husband, think she is pretty, not want to put the effort in- whatever it is, but she is in no way truly content with her size.

Who said that being fat was the worst thing ever, anyway? It just seems so simplistic to say that you would rather be fat than... xyz. It is a way to justify her fat to herself and again, sit in denial and inaction.

My theory is that she has been fat since a child and is unwilling to make the lifestyle changes necessary to produce results, which will potentially save her life. She is putting all of this effort into "fat is beautiful" motto, rather than into making changes.

That red dress picture- wow. that is all i can say.

Return to “U-Z”