Vintageortacky

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by GoldChocobo »

She used to be one of my faves too. I actually posted in the rave section here a long time ago. For the past year, I have noticed her inconsistent posting schedule, her lack of tutorials, and her general attitude are really starting to reach the point of no return for me. It's just sad.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

At the very least the whole asking for money for the funeral thing told me that they could have afforded it, she just didn't want to spend her makeup money on something like that. She's buying palette after palette and GAMBLING now? Nope, I unsubbed from her. That's the final straw. I also know for a fact she didn't "personally write letters" to everyone who donated to her, like she said she would. She's full of shit.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Oh? You know someone who donated?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

GoldChocobo wrote:Oh? You know someone who donated?
2 people actually. Neither of them got a letter from her yet. I know she said she's have to email them through the GoFundMe page to get their mailing info, but that never happened either.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I recall her saying that too. That makes me so mad, that sneaky lying bitch.

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by OrganicTaquito »

Just wow! And it's been several months too and it's not like she has a dayjob that keeps her busy.

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

I used to be a massive fan of Cora's and whilst I enjoy watching her tutorials, I can definitely give her reviews and hauls a miss.

I don't know what's changed in her attitude lately but my god she's a catty bitch. The amount of sass and the way she carries on in her videos sometimes just really rubs me the wrong way. The stumbling, facial expressions, tripping over her words etc is just not cute and can we talk about how much she asks us to talk about things that she's already talking about? I know.

For someone that begged for money from the Internet for her mum's funeral, she's certainly got a lot of money to throw around for this bullshit palette week with mediocre swatches and pointless rambling.

Also, the fuck is with her using a reflector as her background for her thumbnails?! If she wants a background, get a damn background, don't use something we can see the outline of!

Sorry for the rant guys but she just really grates on my nerves lately. I know grieving can do some messed up things to people but this is beyond a joke.

Also - don't follow her on snapchat. She is so OTT about the most mundane shit that it's kind of painful to watch.

I want the old Cora back!!

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

Just watched the Marc Jacobs palette review, and I must say, she must be one of the most pretentious assholes I've ever seen. The tone of her voice, the words she used, the way she presented the palette, they were all just so ridiculously poser-ish. You're reviewing overpriced eyeshadow, Cora, not finding a cure for cancer. Fuck. "This palette is so grown up..." How, because of the price? You mean to tell me that lilac and sparkly pink eye shadows can now be thought of as sophisticated because they are now sold by MJ? She is so transparent it fucking hurts.

angelfire89
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire89 »

teabow wrote: Also - don't follow her on snapchat. She is so OTT about the most mundane shit that it's kind of painful to watch.

I want the old Cora back!!
Agreed! She's just talking the whole time. I don't snapchat a lot but when I do look through people's stories, I want to see them doing something or showing something cool. I just skipped through every one of hers so far.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

You know she's just trying to get Marc Jacobs to send her shit.

I used to like Cora, my only issue with her really was her one hit wonder 2006 makeup and disregard about her weight. Nothing major but now she has turned in to a very unlikeable person. To ask for money for a family funeral and not thank anyone? Then to show yourself spending hundreds of dollars on makeup when she obviously could have put forth that money for it herself. That shows how selfish she is. She already has a hoard of makeup and there is no reason even a youtube guru needs every new release. It all looks the same anyways. She's definitely become a different person.

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

She really REALLY needs to stop with the look books. She's not a model. She has a pretty face and that's about it. I'm subscribed to her because I want to watch her tutorials, not watch her awkwardly model off clothes in an attempt to be cute. There's been more clothing videos than anything else lately and I'm so bored with it.

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

teabow wrote:She really REALLY needs to stop with the look books. She's not a model. She has a pretty face and that's about it. I'm subscribed to her because I want to watch her tutorials, not watch her awkwardly model off clothes in an attempt to be cute. There's been more clothing videos than anything else lately and I'm so bored with it.
This!
I have the feeling she's trying to style herself as the new BBW-guru/style-icon and it's just not working.

I subbed to her because I like her tutorials and think she's a good teacher. I have zero interest in her hauls or her look-books. Worst are the hauls she does together with her husband, especially when they are hauling sweets.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

She did meet up with Loey Lane in NYC. Loey probably shared her scamming secrets with her.

Cora hasn't done a single Halloween look this year. She just did palette week to justify buying a ton of shit so she can expense it. Spent her birthday money, my ass.

adaylate
Learner
Learner

Post by adaylate »

I am SO SICK of the shitty, childish dancing in her "fashion" videos. It's not cute, or funny. It's really quite sad and lame. There are so many things about her that bother me, but for some reason the dancing has just gotten under my skin so bad recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

Oh, man. Felt major secondhand embarrassment watching her dance in that look book. There were some moments I thought she was going to topple over, and it was super awkward to see her attempt a move but not really see it through the whole way. I got into Cora for her tutorials, so I'm not a fan of the fashion stuff. On a positive note, I actually like that pink shade she has going on in her hair. But I wish she'd lose the skunk look and just pick one all over color.

IrisAllen
Talker
Talker

Post by IrisAllen »

I actually had to take a break from her videos because i felt so embarrassed for her. Its like shes trying SO hard, and it shows. Its almost like she wants to be something shes not and is trying SO hard to get there, but everyone can see it. I miss the old Cora who actually TAUGHT us stuff because she has makeup skills, and knows how to explain things. Not this "look at me im so cute blah blah blah im gonna make a video every time I change my hair a little bit, and explain a million reasons why, then do this stupid swishy dance every time i wear a dress, all while my husband wears his mario hat."

I think someone needs to tell her she should take a break from youtube, and just chill, and come back when she is more like herself.

ImAYouTubeCelebrity
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ImAYouTubeCelebrity »

I think she could really do with the break but would miss the money as I get the feeling they rely on it, its catch 22. I too hate the stupid dancing and all that I am bad ass bitch or whatever it was. I'm all for being confident but really??

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

The ending of the last lookbook was cringe inducing to say the least. There are plenty of big girls that can dance but she isn't one of them :?

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

Yes. The dancing is embarrassing. The first outfit she tried to do some weird hip pop sexy swish and looked like she was gonna fall over. It's as bad as watching you tubers lip sync. It's uncomfortable and not cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VVMad
Learner
Learner

Post by VVMad »

TourDeForce wrote:Yes. The dancing is embarrassing. The first outfit she tried to do some weird hip pop sexy swish and looked like she was gonna fall over. It's as bad as watching you tubers lip sync. It's uncomfortable and not cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG. That's sound hilarious.
I wish I could see this video... But it is not a available in my country. Image

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Return to “U-Z”