Vintageortacky

Locked
Gurucide
Informer
Informer
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Vintageortacky

Post by Gurucide » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 am

Not sure why she doesn't have a thread. I didn't see one on her anywhere here.


Here is my issue with makeup sanitation practices in regards to this video. The "Quickie: Sanitizing Lipstick" video.





I am not hating on her. I actually really like her and watch her often. I just disagree with what is said in this video.

Here is my issue: makeup artists love to use alcohol as a disinfecting agent for their makeup and brushes. Which is totally fine if they are your personal makeup and brushes, and you are not using them on others. What bothers me to no end is if they use and only use alcohol as their main disinfecting agent to clean and sanitize their professional kit. Let me tell you something, and I mean not to scare you all but it needs to be said. Alcohol does not kill all pathogens! In fact, there are types of bacteria that are totally resistant to it completely! If you don't believe me, then you are free to research it on your own. In fact, it is best that you read more about it so you know exactly what you are putting on your clients faces. You should be well aware of these things and not just know how to apply eyeshadow.

If you have ever had a serious staph infection, then I do not need to tell you how agonizing it is. In particular, there is a strain of staph that is completely resistant to topical alcohol. Methicillin-Resistant-Staphylococcus-Aureus (aka MRSA) is one such type of bacteria. Clostridium difficile (aka C.diff) is another. Both are known as super-pathogens types of staph bacterium which have an incredible high resistance to many forms of treatments. They may live and exists amongst our natural human flora on our bodies. It is everywhere! Anyone can carry it and anyone can pass it along to others. Alcohol does not kill it. Many hand sanitizers do not kill it. Bleach will kill it but I doubt you will sanitize a lipstick with bleach! Hand washing will remove it, which is why it is so important to wash your hands with soap and water.

As a makeup artist who is providing a service to the public, you should learn and take standard precautions when dealing with clients. Not only to protect your clients, but yourself as well. I am not saying wear a mask, gown, and gloves with every face you paint, but be aware of what you are doing and act accordingly. It only takes one client to complain or press charges, due to your use of poorly sanitized tools and makeup. You don't want to be that artist. This is not a joking matter. If a microbiologist were to come into your local MAC store or makeup counter, Ulta, or Sephora and take specimen samples off of brushes and products to bring back to a lab to be analyzed. You need not be surprised of what he/she may find on them! You do not want to know. You do not want be careless or negligent in your sanitation practices. I am not saying all makeup artists are not responsible artists. The uneducated should be educated. The educated should continue to educate themselves and practice with sound competence, and use good judgement with common sense. That is all.

User avatar
PTruth
Informer
Informer
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by PTruth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:24 am

I'm not trying to snark on you but you should REALLY check out the CDC's website. Alcohol in concentrates of 60-95% kills the virus that causes herpes and HIV. As well as E.coli which is what was found on sample make up at ALL make up counters that were tested in an undercover investigation. It is effective against staph and strep as well. Most make up that artists use is not exposed to the pathogens you would find in a hospital/care facility. So alcohol used properly works well.

I am a healthcare provider (I just don't play one on TV :D )
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

User avatar
PuppiesLove
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by PuppiesLove » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I actually was going to start a thread on her a few days ago because I noticed that she didn't have one at all and I found it quite interesting.

Now, I know that some will get offended by this but I really do mean it in the best way possible. I'm so glad that she is a confident woman, but I honestly don't understand how much praise she gets for the fashion videos she does. She is obese. She is at risk for a lot of serious and/or deadly medical issues. I am by no means saying she shouldn't own her body and be confident, but I cant stand to see so many compliments when she is putting herself at risk for too many to list medical complications. I would never praise someone for smoking, why praise someone for being obese? I am in no way trying to fat-shame or anything of that sort, but coming from someone in the medical industry, loving yourself is treating your body good from every aspect. Being that overweight is not treating your body good and if you truly respected yourself you would be eating the right things and exercising regularly because you only have ONE body. Your body is your temple and it should be treated as such. I understand that I do not know her medical history/genetics, but being that overweight is just pure laziness to me. I can understand being a little overweight, it happens, but that much? Granted, so much of America is overweight but that doesn't mean it should be the 'norm'. It is not normal. We were not created and meant to carry that much extra weight and there is just no denying that. That is why all these problems occur to people who do have all the weight. Its truly devastating to see someone not care about themselves enough to possibly save their life, prolong and extend their life span. I really do love Cora's energy and how much effort she puts into her channel. I do wish nothing but the best for her, but I think she needs to put a little more work into herself.

User avatar
PTruth
Informer
Informer
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by PTruth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:09 pm

She gets praise for making the decisions she does...to love herself the way she is. Yes being obese puts you at risk for a lot of different issues, but for many weight loss is a life long struggle. I applaud her for putting out there that a obese woman can dress in cute clothes and look nice. Being at risk doesn't mean she will develop any of those issue associated with her weight.

You can understand being a little overweight, that's very thoughtful of you. :(

I am an obese woman (by chart standards) so your post rubs a nerve for me. I wear a size 12-14 so I'm happy to know that you don't mind/accept that I'm "just a little overweight" *yes that's snark*

Since she is so obese is she not suppose to care what she looks like, follow her dreams of doing make up? Is she not suppose to show young girls that all the hate you get for being obese or outside the norm should not stop you from living your life? Really?

Food is a complex issue for many, myself included be relieved that you are a "normal" size and don't struggle like so many people do.

Cora very well may have a medical issues or maybe she's just a fatty. Either way she shouldn't crawl under a rock because she's fat.
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

User avatar
mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by mustardmoon1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Cora definitely "owns" her size but she should not be a role model for young women. She is seriously overweight and probably has resulting health issues. If she doesn't now, she will in the future. Just going by the looks of her husband, it appears the two like to indulge in food and drink. I think her weight is a direct result of her lifestyle and eating habits. I applaud her for seeking out websites that have fashionable clothing for large women but it does not excuse the fact that she is harming her overall health.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Gurucide
Informer
Informer
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by Gurucide » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm

PTruth wrote:I'm not trying to snark on you but you should REALLY check out the CDC's website. Alcohol in concentrates of 60-95% kills the virus that causes herpes and HIV. As well as E.coli which is what was found on sample make up at ALL make up counters that were tested in an undercover investigation. It is effective against staph and strep as well. Most make up that artists use is not exposed to the pathogens you would find in a hospital/care facility. So alcohol used properly works well.

I am a healthcare provider (I just don't play one on TV :D )

You know what PT? That may be fine and dandy from your point of view, but I am only stating what I know. I also have a background in healthcare, and I was taught by that normal rubbing alcohol does not kill all organisms. I am not going into a debate with you over an opinion of what I believe to be fact. This isn't Allnurses. You can agree with me, or disagree with me. That is your choice. But, you have no right to assume that I do not know what I am talking about, or insult me as you have done.

Gurucide
Informer
Informer
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by Gurucide » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm

I mentioned NOTHING about her weight, but since ^^^ brought it up and decided to take it there. Here, is what I have to say. She is fat. Either she doesn't care about being so overweight, or she does. I wouldn't be surprised if she has or will develop health issues because of it. I am NOT a fat-shamer. Yes, it bothers me to see it. Her OOTD videos, bother me. Her attitude towards embracing your "fat-self", bothers me. It bothers me because she's either ignorant or lazy about trying to lose the weight. America is FAT, people. That doesn't need to be said. And, I know its not easy losing weight. But, she makes NO videos (that I have seen) about her weight, or how she is trying to lose it. She broadcasts to thousands of her viewers with the idea that it is "okay" to be fat. I don't agree with that. Then again, I don't agree with many things people say but that's besides the point. My point, is she doesn't appear to care or even attempt to change it.

User avatar
shermansown

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by shermansown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:47 pm

I like Cora -- she has a thread in the "Rave" section, just didn't have one in the "Trash" section. But, I honestly don't think anyone watching her videos on youtube is going to suddenly feel like being fat is OK. Practically every other media outlet in the world is constantly screaming about how horrible it is to be fat. I have no problem with someone who is giving people who are overweight or obese ideas on how to dress with personality instead of wearing giant sacks and trying to be invisible the way society seems to want them to do. I really wish people would stop trying to make weight or even nutrition and moral issue.

User avatar
Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by Oubliette » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 pm

I think that it's great that she embraces her beauty and works with her body type to inspire others. Having said that, I do not think that embracing her body type should be reason enough not to do something about it. It's clear that being overweight is a problem and one that should be addressed. I can't speak for her because I don't know the reason why she's overweight but if she's not doing anything about it (if she can) then that's being irresponsible.

Trying to look good while being overweight is one thing and thinking it's OK to embrace obesity and not deal with it is another. Like I said before, I don't know what Cora's situation is or if she trying to deal with it or not but she's been overweight ever since she started YouTube and it's been like 6 years now. Shouldn't she have done something by now? It's all about health first.

I don't know if I'm coming across with my point in the correct terms. I don't mean to "body shame" or whatever it's called these days but obesity leads to a lot of complications and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Cora's a beautiful woman and very talented and I hope she works on that if she can, for her own well being.

User avatar
PTruth
Informer
Informer
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by PTruth » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Gurucide wrote:
PTruth wrote:I'm not trying to snark on you but you should REALLY check out the CDC's website. Alcohol in concentrates of 60-95% kills the virus that causes herpes and HIV. As well as E.coli which is what was found on sample make up at ALL make up counters that were tested in an undercover investigation. It is effective against staph and strep as well. Most make up that artists use is not exposed to the pathogens you would find in a hospital/care facility. So alcohol used properly works well.

I am a healthcare provider (I just don't play one on TV :D )

You know what PT? That may be fine and dandy from your point of view, but I am only stating what I know. I also have a background in healthcare, and I was taught by that normal rubbing alcohol does not kill all organisms. I am not going into a debate with you over an opinion of what I believe to be fact. This isn't Allnurses. You can agree with me, or disagree with me. That is your choice. But, you have no right to assume that I do not know what I am talking about, or insult me as you have done.

I wasn't ASSuming anything. I even gave you a website that gives you the information. It WASN'T my opinion hence the reason I told you, you could check the CDC website. So you're butthurt and snarky? I don't get that. If you want fact...check the website. You're right no need to debate. If you feel insulted with me giving you FACTS, that's not my fault it would seem it's yours.

Good day to you.
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

CrystalC
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by CrystalC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:42 pm

PuppiesLove wrote:I actually was going to start a thread on her a few days ago because I noticed that she didn't have one at all and I found it quite interesting.

Now, I know that some will get offended by this but I really do mean it in the best way possible. I'm so glad that she is a confident woman, but I honestly don't understand how much praise she gets for the fashion videos she does. She is obese. She is at risk for a lot of serious and/or deadly medical issues. I am by no means saying she shouldn't own her body and be confident, but I cant stand to see so many compliments when she is putting herself at risk for too many to list medical complications. I would never praise someone for smoking, why praise someone for being obese? I am in no way trying to fat-shame or anything of that sort, but coming from someone in the medical industry, loving yourself is treating your body good from every aspect. Being that overweight is not treating your body good and if you truly respected yourself you would be eating the right things and exercising regularly because you only have ONE body. Your body is your temple and it should be treated as such. I understand that I do not know her medical history/genetics, but being that overweight is just pure laziness to me. I can understand being a little overweight, it happens, but that much? Granted, so much of America is overweight but that doesn't mean it should be the 'norm'. It is not normal. We were not created and meant to carry that much extra weight and there is just no denying that. That is why all these problems occur to people who do have all the weight. Its truly devastating to see someone not care about themselves enough to possibly save their life, prolong and extend their life span. I really do love Cora's energy and how much effort she puts into her channel. I do wish nothing but the best for her, but I think she needs to put a little more work into herself.
For someone who claims to be in the medical industry (sure you are) you don't seem to actually know that there are reasons people are that weight other than purely lazy or unhealthy ones. You don't know what her medical history is. For all you know she has a hormonal condition, or is genetically prone to being obese. You have NO CONCEPT whatsoever of how she treats her body. She could eat better than you, exercise more frequently than you, but still have something that prevents her from being what you would consider healthy.

Just stop.

User avatar
mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by mustardmoon1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:15 pm

For someone who claims to be in the medical industry (sure you are) you don't seem to actually know that there are reasons people are that weight other than purely lazy or unhealthy ones. You don't know what her medical history is. For all you know she has a hormonal condition, or is genetically prone to being obese. You have NO CONCEPT whatsoever of how she treats her body. She could eat better than you, exercise more frequently than you, but still have something that prevents her from being what you would consider healthy.

Just stop.[/quote]

Uh, have you been watching Cora for any length of time? Do you follow her or her husband on Instagram? The two of them are lazy and eat out all the time. They get little to no exercise. Cora does not seem to be the slightest bit upset about her weight. YOU are the one who has no clue.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

User avatar
PuppiesLove
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by PuppiesLove » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:31 pm

mustardmoon1 wrote:For someone who claims to be in the medical industry (sure you are) you don't seem to actually know that there are reasons people are that weight other than purely lazy or unhealthy ones. You don't know what her medical history is. For all you know she has a hormonal condition, or is genetically prone to being obese. You have NO CONCEPT whatsoever of how she treats her body. She could eat better than you, exercise more frequently than you, but still have something that prevents her from being what you would consider healthy.

Just stop.
Uh, have you been watching Cora for any length of time? Do you follow her or her husband on Instagram? The two of them are lazy and eat out all the time. They get little to no exercise. Cora does not seem to be the slightest bit upset about her weight. YOU are the one who has no clue.[/quote]



^^LOL Yeah I know there are other reasons for being overweight...but that much??? Genetics dont automatically make you obese, genetics play a role in weight but you can definitely do something about it if you actually try. Same with medical conditions. And like this person right above stated, their lifestyle choices are quite apparent through social media.

lips
TROLL
TROLL
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by lips » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:37 pm

PTruth wrote:She gets praise for making the decisions she does...to love herself the way she is. Yes being obese puts you at risk for a lot of different issues, but for many weight loss is a life long struggle. I applaud her for putting out there that a obese woman can dress in cute clothes and look nice. Being at risk doesn't mean she will develop any of those issue associated with her weight.

You can understand being a little overweight, that's very thoughtful of you. :(

I am an obese woman (by chart standards) so your post rubs a nerve for me. I wear a size 12-14 so I'm happy to know that you don't mind/accept that I'm "just a little overweight" *yes that's snark*

Since she is so obese is she not suppose to care what she looks like, follow her dreams of doing make up? Is she not suppose to show young girls that all the hate you get for being obese or outside the norm should not stop you from living your life? Really?

Food is a complex issue for many, myself included be relieved that you are a "normal" size and don't struggle like so many people do.

Cora very well may have a medical issues or maybe she's just a fatty. Either way she shouldn't crawl under a rock because she's fat.
I think she's really pretty. She's also down to earth from what I can see in her videos. We don't know what she's doing behind the scenes..not everyone wants to document dieting etc..on YOUTUBE.

I like her videos regardless of her size. She has a very positive real vibe..that's what matters.
BANNED FOR TROLLING

User avatar
robin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by robin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:27 am

If she's happy with her weight who cares? She might have an underlying medical condition that causes her to gain weight, but it's not really anyone's place to speculate about it. It's her body, her weight, and ultimately her health.

If this really was some crusade about OH THE HEALTH OF AMERICA you should be equally complaining about people who smoke cigarettes. We all know your fake concern about her health is not the real reason you are complaining about her.

That being said, I think Cora is super talented and seems happy with herself and her life so good for her.

CrystalC
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by CrystalC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 am

mustardmoon1 wrote:For someone who claims to be in the medical industry (sure you are) you don't seem to actually know that there are reasons people are that weight other than purely lazy or unhealthy ones. You don't know what her medical history is. For all you know she has a hormonal condition, or is genetically prone to being obese. You have NO CONCEPT whatsoever of how she treats her body. She could eat better than you, exercise more frequently than you, but still have something that prevents her from being what you would consider healthy.

Just stop.
Uh, have you been watching Cora for any length of time? Do you follow her or her husband on Instagram? The two of them are lazy and eat out all the time. They get little to no exercise. Cora does not seem to be the slightest bit upset about her weight. YOU are the one who has no clue.[/quote]

You're watching literally a subsection of their life and you think you know them wholly? Come on now, be smarter than that!

User avatar
caomei
Informer
Informer
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 pm
Location: Uijeongbu, South Korea
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by caomei » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 pm

I love Cora. I think she's awesome and I love her attitude. She's the only "beauty guru" I'm genuinely excited to see new videos from. And her weight doesn't bother me. Am I concerned for her health? I would hate to see her get sick but that's her life. She seems happy.

If her supposed lack of care for her health and weight "devastates" you then you have more issues than she does. It's her life. She's happy, and she clearly doesn't care what other people say. She is allowed to post fashion videos and wear clothes that fit her. She is allowed to feel good about how she looks and what she wears. Leave it alone and worry about your own fitness.

I don't believe in the "thin privilege" montage either. I just think that if the only negative thing you can say is about her weight then she is truly a talented and likable woman.

This coming from a 5'4, 103 pound woman. I don't eat a lot but when I do eat it's not usually all that healthy. Just because I'm a size 2 doesn't mean that I'm a good example of health.
Image

unlacedslowly
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by unlacedslowly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 pm

I like how someone started this thread to bitch about her weight lol. It's obvious you guys don't give a shit about her health, you're just shallow.


I love Cora. She's so down to earth and talented. She's been a role model for me for the time I've watched her and her weight has absolutely nothing to do with it.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1706
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by clairebear » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 am

I like Cora too she's very talented and I wish I had her confidence and I'm half her size! I have thought though that she's never even done a health video in any time of her time on youtube. I wonder if she's ever even tried to lose weight? The accepting ones self is great but to do it with out ever even seemingly trying to lead a healthy lifestyle is worrisome.

User avatar
robin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by robin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:23 am

Or maybe she's not an idiot and doesn't want to open that can of worms on youtube. You also don't know how she lives her life and if she 'seemingly tries' to have a healthy lifestyle, because she's not one of those oversharing youtubers which is a good thing imho.

You people with your fake concern is ridiculous. Just admit that seeing a confident overweight woman makes you fucking uncomfortable, so you try to drag her down with 'oh her health' crap. It almost seems like you'd rather she hide behind shapeless t-shirts a la pinkiecharm because you think that's what she deserves (how dare she be proud of her appearance or put effort in when she is unabashedly contrary to the societal ideals of beauty and not hating herself like the rest of us.)

User avatar
mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by mustardmoon1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 am

robin wrote:Or maybe she's not an idiot and doesn't want to open that can of worms on youtube. You also don't know how she lives her life and if she 'seemingly tries' to have a healthy lifestyle, because she's not one of those oversharing youtubers which is a good thing imho.

You people with your fake concern is ridiculous. Just admit that seeing a confident overweight woman makes you fucking uncomfortable, so you try to drag her down with 'oh her health' crap. It almost seems like you'd rather she hide behind shapeless t-shirts a la pinkiecharm because you think that's what she deserves (how dare she be proud of her appearance or put effort in when she is unabashedly contrary to the societal ideals of beauty and not hating herself like the rest of us.)
^^^Really?^^^ It's not that serious Robin. I think the main point here is that Cora doesn't need to be making her young audience think it's okay to get or stay that fat just because you can find cute plus sized clothes. Cora really owns her size and shape which is great, it's apparently not harming her self-esteem at all. But overall, being that large is very unhealthy and 14 year old girls don't need to believe otherwise......
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

User avatar
robin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by robin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I don't think she's actively telling people "it's ok to get fat", and if you honestly think that one youtube guru showing where she gets her clothes is her way of convincing teenagers to gain weight in the face all the media telling them otherwise you are really overstating her reach and influence.

needles
Informer
Informer
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by needles » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Gurucide wrote:
If you have ever had a serious staph infection, then I do not need to tell you how agonizing it is. In particular, there is a strain of staph that is completely resistant to topical alcohol. Methicillin-Resistant-Staphylococcus-Aureus (aka MRSA) is one such type of bacteria. Clostridium difficile (aka C.diff) is another. Both are known as super-pathogens types of staph bacterium which have an incredible high resistance to many forms of treatments. They may live and exists amongst our natural human flora on our bodies. It is everywhere! Anyone can carry it and anyone can pass it along to others. Alcohol does not kill it. Many hand sanitizers do not kill it. Bleach will kill it but I doubt you will sanitize a lipstick with bleach! Hand washing will remove it, which is why it is so important to wash your hands with soap and water.

MRSA can be killed with the appropriate concentration of alcohol; in a hospital setting, the MAIN thing that can't be killed by any other method than a good handwashing and bleach is CDiff. Alcohol and non-bleach wipes effectively kill most anything else.

Now, the thing with CDiff is... um... it's in your intestinal tracts and stool. Your poop. Soooo I don't know where you stick YOUR lipsticks, but they really shouldn't come in contact with CDiff unless you're working in a totally unsanitary environment.

Like the other poster said, don't use anything other than 71% alcohol to clean your stuff--that's industry standard, and anything at a higher concentration or lower concentration of isopropyl alcohol will NOT kill as many germs. You need need a percentage of water in the mix to help carry the alcohol into the cells and cause lysis.

And her weight... meh. She is overweight and blahblahblah, but personally I like that she has the courage to show herself on camera the way she does. When you're bombarded with photoshopped pictures of women every day, it's good to remind people in general that we come in different sizes. Even if your size isn't the healthiest, that doesn't make you a total abnormality, someone who should hide in a cave and never show your face or much less your body.

User avatar
Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 pm
Has thanked: 308 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by Lydia Deetz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Her body, her business, her life.
For those "concerned" for her health, quit concerning yourselves in other peoples lives and worry about your own. It is HER life. Why waste your energy?
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Myusernameistoolong
Talker
Talker
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by Myusernameistoolong » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Cora's okay, she's pretty chill but her videos can kinda run long like most guru's, it's like shut up with the banter and just get to the point. I like her more now that she isn't hiding in the "fat angles" like most chubby to overweight woman do when they start yt videos and only show their face because they are self conscious about their weight. And if you are self conscious to that extent about your size, then you shouldn't be making videos in general cause whether you are in shape or not, people are going to hate you for the most menial reasons whether you like it or not.

Also I don't know why no one else says it but her bedroom annoys the hell out of me. For a married woman, it looks like she decorated the room for her, her hubs is NO WHERE represented in there and the more I watched the room tour the more I got annoyed because it's like she is a 20+s married woman who decorated her room like a 19yr old girl in her first apt would of a room of her own.

Locked

Return to “U-Z”