xxmakeupiscoolxx Part 2

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xxmakeupiscoolxx Part 2

Post by LiddlePallid »

That really fucking pisses me off as someone who has been trying to sell my art somewhere, anywhere, for years. Who does she think she is charging that much? She is not an accomplished artist like Mark Ryden or something who can actually charge insane amounts without anyone even blinking an eye. That is ri-god-damned-diculous!

Jaques
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jaques »

What the actual fuck? Okay, lets compare apples to apples here. You can get an awkward, ugly oil painting from Kat for $200-$300, or a beautiful oil painting from fellow YouTuber Lena Danya for $100 or even under.... Lena uses the same archival mediums and brands as Kat, so her ridiculous art supply budget doesn't even justify that price tag. What is she thinking??

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

Jaques wrote:What the actual fuck? Okay, lets compare apples to apples here. You can get an awkward, ugly oil painting from Kat for $200-$300, or a beautiful oil painting from fellow YouTuber Lena Danya for $100 or even under.... Lena uses the same archival mediums and brands as Kat, so her ridiculous art supply budget doesn't even justify that price tag. What is she thinking??
That's why I'm so confused and also angry? She hasn't even made a name for herself. She is literally a nobody who started painting less than a year ago, and like I already mentioned, some of her paintings are garbage. I just can't believe she has the nerve to charge so much... ESPECIALLY after being gone for 2 months and not even giving a short update on twitter or something
Who does she think she is? All she cares about is money.

Post by Guest »

It must be April Fools because she's a fucking joke for charging that much for her ugly ass artwork.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

$30 for the prints is also ridiculous when I see more established artists than her sell prints for $10 lol. Also, all the "lipstick lovers" prints have a white line across the top where they weren't cut right. Take a fucking paper cutter to that shit if you're selling them for so damn much!

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

Lol she lowered all the prices dramatically.... it makes me wonder why she didn't start at that price point to begin with? She was obviously being soooooo greedy by asking for so much money and that still makes me angry. When she realized people wouldn't buy them, she made the price point much lower, and obviously she's still making a profit on that amount... so before she was hoping for $200 profit from one piece? Yeah right.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

lol she lowered them from like $300 to $75 - like you said, why the hell didn't she just start at that price? Still more than I would ever pay for those paintings, but it's a more reasonable price than what she had slapped on there the day before.

knope2012
Informer
Informer

Post by knope2012 »

and idt she lowered the prices of her prints. that shit is not worth $30

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

Whats wrong with her? First of all, click bait video - people are literally going to think she's charging her phone with the orbeez themselves, the same way her "EOS charger" got a million views, because of the misleading title.
Secondly, she's gone for two months with no update to her "fans" on her main channel, and comes back with a stupid 1 minute video?...
Thirdly.... what an absolute stupid video. I almost wish she'd disappear permanently. This was so obviously just a money grab. She's been off for two months, of course she needs to make some quick cash. How? Making a short video she knows people will be misled into watching.

holdontilmay
Learner
Learner

Post by holdontilmay »

The comments are her new video are hilarious.
WGI APRIL 9TH!!!

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner

Post by YorkshireTea »

At this point I can safely say that Katharine is treating her subscribers like absolute mugs.

cinnamondonut
Informer
Informer

Post by cinnamondonut »

holdontilmay wrote:Image

The comments are her new video are hilarious.
LOL @ that bottom comment - "Just quit making videos. You give no effort-"

Melissa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Melissa »

she probably thought her prints were going to sell out instantly, LOL.

she still has 13 left of the fox and 18 left of the lesbians.

...and she only had 20 of each to begin with. :D

yvungpradaa
Learner
Learner

Post by yvungpradaa »

She must be over her scene phase cause that new haul video though,,,

TheFosterKid
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheFosterKid »

I always thought it was weird that she was having a "scene" phase in 2014/2015. I know that a lot of us go through that emo/weird dark stage in our life but she did so in such an out-dated way that it was just weird.

s1dthesqu1d
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by s1dthesqu1d »

"I was moshing so hard I got the wind knocked out of me"
Girl, that's not "crazy". Please go into a real pit at a halfway decent show and you'll see crazy. My friend cracked his head open in a pit at a show once, it was like half an inch deep or some shit and he had to get stitches. Another friend of mine got knocked out cold and we had to carry her out of the pit. I hate her new "I'm so xxhardcorexxx I mosh omg soi unique". :roll:

amandajay
Debater
Debater

Post by amandajay »

s1dthesqu1d wrote:"I was moshing so hard I got the wind knocked out of me"
Girl, that's not "crazy". Please go into a real pit at a halfway decent show and you'll see crazy. My friend cracked his head open in a pit at a show once, it was like half an inch deep or some shit and he had to get stitches. Another friend of mine got knocked out cold and we had to carry her out of the pit. I hate her new "I'm so xxhardcorexxx I mosh omg soi unique". :roll:
Is that her new phase?

Smurphhh
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Smurphhh »

I had to make an account just because I really wanted to get my two cents in about Katharine. Sorry if this is a bit convoluted, just trying to get everything out.

Although I think that her getting into art is great(I'm all about anyone getting creative)" she really needs to take a step back. She has potential. That's for sure, but her attitude towards it is really upsetting since she refuses to take any sort of criticism on her art. It has potential to be good, but she's resting on what she already knows and that seems to be what she considers the best she can do and there's nothing else she needs to learn. Which is not true in any way, shape, or form! In a way, I think OTIS may be good for her, give her a wake up call. I went to college for art therapy (love child of art and counseling psychology) and I learned so much besides just painting and drawing, which is what college is for!! And it really helped in my creating! So maybe she'll be able to broaden her horizons while at school.

It also really upsets me that she ikmediately jumped right to the artist grade supplies, and essentially wasting them with some mediocre art. I weep for all of the wasted Copic ink that has gone to her pieces. Growing as an artist requires experimentation with all sorts of quality supplies, and while I think it's super that she can afford all these nice supplies, it's not too great to see that she's basically humble-bragging about all of her nice fancy supplies and that she just relies on the supplies to make the art great. Really apparent in her cheap art supplies challenge.

Fingers crossed college really gives her a reality check

maggie0415
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by maggie0415 »

I just made my account so im kind of confused how to post, but i saw this so i wanted to attatch it. it was on her instagram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Malibudelrey
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Malibudelrey »

her voice is literally cringeworthy, her damn lisp shit is just UGH

Return to “V-Z”