Xiaxue Part 3

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Xiaxue Part 3

Post by eleventhirty »

No offense btw if your bed is on the ground... This tour is of what's supposed to be a high end "designer" home! i wasn't expecting a trip through tacky cheap motel by the sea... And even cheap sleazy motels have comforters. I don't get the cheapness, and the barren feel.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^ Maybe comforters aren't a thing in Singapore? I'm not sure, but as far as I know, Singapore can get REALLY friggin' hot! Sleeping underneath a comforter may be a little too much. That's probably why their bed only has bed sheets?

Polarbear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Polarbear »

In tropical country, it's not uncommon not to have a comforter (not in hotels btw). because yeah, it can get really hot. really, it's all about individual preferences? I, for one, do not like headboard and such as well.. if i can, I would just want a mattress on the ground as well.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

Compared to Dawn Yang's rival bedroom redesign it's rather funny. One is classy the other looks, well, :? the opposite. Like a hospital insane asylum a little. Did she even make a blog entry on this? I didn't see one. Is she even still a blogger?
rooms.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

It's super hot where I live and we use comforters for decor. Also, she sleeps with aircon so it wouldn't be a problem. Her mom's bed had a comforter, didn't it?

I know they often still put beds on the floor in japan, or very close to it, but they use headboards lol... I can't. Even a long panel behind the bed wall would have made such a difference in terms of space perception. Like I said, they skimped on a lot of stuff.

Does mike not do anything for the baby? All I hear is me and my mom, me, my mom, I do, my mom does, he sleeps with me (is he not on the bed also?), my mom is taking care of dash at home (is mike not home?). I wonder if it's a case of her not including him (is it a cultural thing?) or him chosing not to be involved cause he's still disinterested.

bottle111
Learner
Learner

Post by bottle111 »

eleventhirty wrote:Compared to Dawn Yang's rival bedroom redesign it's rather funny. One is classy the other looks, well, :? the opposite. Like a hospital insane asylum a little. Did she even make a blog entry on this? I didn't see one. Is she even still a blogger?
rooms.png
BURNNNNN haha!

Lestat
Learner
Learner

Post by Lestat »

I live in a third world country and despite that, I have never seen such an ugly bedroom in my life.

Here, you could buy pretty furniture for about 500-800 bucks, seriously, wtf?

I cannot believe it! especially because she bragged about her sponsored bedroom in that blog post "loving my haters".

From xiaxue:
And thank you, also, for making my day by showing me how awesome my life is by seeing yours in contrast.
Really, right now I'm gonna sleep my gorgeous bedroom which has most of the renovations sponsored, while carassing my belly with my baby squirming inside. And I'd be dreaming of his fat cheeks and fat fists when he eventually comes into the world. All is good.

LaLocaDeLosGatos
Learner
Learner

Post by LaLocaDeLosGatos »

Sarai wrote:I know this is old, but kind of creepy:

Yup, 2 husbands one devil. Mike confuses the crap outta me, he looks so sad and dead on XX pics, but when he actually speaks or do something on the media, he is very similar to Wendy, (except on taste, he has an awesome taste, he could make good $$$ out of house deco) and he appears happy. Maybe they are happy in their strange relationship?

BTW, he is obsessed with rape too? :D

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

Sarai wrote:I know this is old, but kind of creepy:

What the fuck. No. He is fucking disgusting piece of shit

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

bottle111 wrote:
LaLaLaLaHateYou wrote:
bottle111 wrote:from her faqs on her blog

I think it's funny how if there was that perfect race she's talking about she'd love to be that race. An imaginary race is better to her than her actual race.Wow, really?

Because if you do two eye surgeries, stuck on double lid stickers everyday for years and still wear them, wear huge circle lenses and photoshop your eyes bigger doesn't mean you are ashamed for the eyes you naturally have :|

and wanting a higher nose and smaller alars is not wanting to be white, too. Or a smaller face shape. Or blonde hair. or blue eyes. The list goes on. It's just a coincidence that almost all features she wants are white features. They actually are features of her made up race, people!!! You're all stupid! Blocked!!!
Asian people can dislike the way they look and not want to be white by wanting to have larger eyes, higher nose, smaller face, etc. since this is NOT a trait that is specific to "white" people. I don't understand why this becomes such an issue of POC wanting to be "white" suddenly when they decide to change their hair color or get some sort of augmentation. There are plenty of white people who get surgery and are not seen as trying to be something they're not. It's almost as though it's the assumption that white people are so great that people of color MUST be trying to be like them by dying their hair or wearing contacts. I'm not saying that this is in ALL cases (as I'm sure that there are people like that), but the overall assumption that POC must be trying to be something that they're not because of some aesthetic personal choices is ridiculous.

As far as Wendy goes, I get the impression that she thinks that white people are ~*~* superior and the most magnificent *~*~ because of the shit she says and not so much because she has blonde hair or has had a nose and eye job.
I'm sorry if you feel offended but I definitely didn't say that white people are great or better and I don't feel this way but you can't deny that there is a white bias feel in the Asian media, especially when it comes to the oh-so-amazing Eurasians. In Asia they are a huge deal, if you ask me Sophie, who is half Chinese and half French would be unnoticed if she was full Chinese.
I know many people say cutting your eyes larger, making your nose smaller and higher has nothing to do with not liking your racial features but that's a huge contradiction to me. If a person of any race wants to get rid of their most striking racial traits, then they simply dislike their race.
I never thought this way until I knew the Singaporean bloggers. QiuQiu said in a blog entry where she headed to an event that has to do with modeling (can't remember which one) that she & her friends didn't want to take pictures next to the Caucasian girls because then they would look bad in comparison.
I think it's typical in Singapore. You have these so-called Eurasians so proud of their white genes, but in fact they dont even follow the traditions and culture of their white great great great great great great grandparents. But follow whatever the Eurasian society dictates, their so-called white genes may not even be part of the "Eurasian culture" in Singapore.

These "Eurasians" looking oh so Asian. Or Asians with all their thick makeup pretending to be Eurasians.

I don't see that much in other Asian countries like Japan, Philippines. Then again, Japan is deeply-rooted in their culture and Philippines is very mixed to begin with, too mixed they wont even bother with name-calling.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

paperbag wrote:It's super hot where I live and we use comforters for decor. Also, she sleeps with aircon so it wouldn't be a problem. Her mom's bed had a comforter, didn't it?

I know they often still put beds on the floor in japan, or very close to it, but they use headboards lol... I can't. Even a long panel behind the bed wall would have made such a difference in terms of space perception. Like I said, they skimped on a lot of stuff.

Does mike not do anything for the baby? All I hear is me and my mom, me, my mom, I do, my mom does, he sleeps with me (is he not on the bed also?), my mom is taking care of dash at home (is mike not home?). I wonder if it's a case of her not including him (is it a cultural thing?) or him chosing not to be involved cause he's still disinterested.
I'm sure he's more private compare to XX. But yeah, even if you do see pics/videos of him with Dash, he looks bored. Perhaps disappointed that he looks Asian and has XX's pre-surgery nose?! :D

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

bottle111 wrote:I'm sorry if you feel offended but I definitely didn't say that white people are great or better and I don't feel this way but you can't deny that there is a white bias feel in the Asian media, especially when it comes to the oh-so-amazing Eurasians. In Asia they are a huge deal, if you ask me Sophie, who is half Chinese and half French would be unnoticed if she was full Chinese.
I know many people say cutting your eyes larger, making your nose smaller and higher has nothing to do with not liking your racial features but that's a huge contradiction to me. If a person of any race wants to get rid of their most striking racial traits, then they simply dislike their race.
I never thought this way until I knew the Singaporean bloggers. QiuQiu said in a blog entry where she headed to an event that has to do with modeling (can't remember which one) that she & her friends didn't want to take pictures next to the Caucasian girls because then they would look bad in comparison.
Lol, why would I be offended? Like I said before though, having: a small face, higher nose, larger eyes =/= "white" features. Furthermore, not having these types of features does not mean that those features are the "most striking racial features." I'm just trying to stand up for the POC who get attacked for doing this when they aren't trying to look white, yet get accused.

I agree that there is an inferiority complex among Asia which is really saddening, but that's probably why Wendy peddles the shit out of her son being mixed, but again, I see her as viewing whites being greater than all other "races" because of the shit she says.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

eleventhirty wrote:Compared to Dawn Yang's rival bedroom redesign it's rather funny. One is classy the other looks, well, :? the opposite. Like a hospital insane asylum a little. Did she even make a blog entry on this? I didn't see one. Is she even still a blogger?
Dawn's bedroom looks a million times better. & No, she posted on her instagram she's not interested in blogging anymore because she's "so busy" and Instagram posts are instant gratification.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

paperbag wrote: Does mike not do anything for the baby? All I hear is me and my mom, me, my mom, I do, my mom does, he sleeps with me (is he not on the bed also?), my mom is taking care of dash at home (is mike not home?). I wonder if it's a case of her not including him (is it a cultural thing?) or him chosing not to be involved cause he's still disinterested.
I was wondering that too. It's a weird situation...

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Dear everyone who is asking what colour Dash's eyes are,

The answer is that we don't really know. Most of the time they look grey with a rim of yellow surrounding the pupils. But under certain lighting they look dark blue (more prominent when he was a newborn) or brown or even a little green sometimes. Mike's eyes are greenish brown and mine are very dark brown (or black as Singaporeans call it). I'm guessing his eyes will eventually turn out to be brown, but right now it's still mostly grey.
irisarielle: Why does it matter so much?? He still looks cute regardless of his eye color :))

xiaxue: @irisarielle who said it matters so much?? I am simply answering a question that many people have been asking! Please don't turn this into a racist issue thanks.
I actually think that was a compliment! But NOOOOO XX had to turn it into a racist/her superior complex issue! She gets so defensive easily coz it's true! :D
davianalovescats @xiaxue I don't think she meant any harm.. she complimented Dash.

xiaxue @irisarielle ok, coz I keep getting accusations that I want him to have coloured eyes, it's really annoying when just a simple statement like "my son has grey eyes" is misinterpreted as "you want him to be white and not Asian".
Annoying? Really? Maybe you XX. 8-)

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Xiaxue is projecting. She really wants him to have different coloured eyes than just very dark brown. To her, dark brown is so common. And when she said, "I'm guessing his eyes will eventually turn out to be brown, but right now it's still mostly grey", you can practically feel her disappointment.

Btw, Xiaxue posted a video IG and, boy, does Mike look "thrilled" or what? He seems bored out of his mind.

http://instagram.com/p/cv-miwlvGV/#

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

^^ Mike looks like a sex slave prisoner, used only for his white genes! :D

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

In that video IG, Qiuqiu and mom were smiling for the camera, and Mike just sat there. C'mon Mike. It wouldn't kill you to smile. :lol:

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

From Qiuqiu's IG.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

Does Mike have any friends, or does his life revolve around his wife?

Return to “Xiaxue”