smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Xiaxue

Post by smiley »

New pic
Love this soft beret from h&m! Perfect for covering dark roots haha, sorta.

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Post by meerkat »

smiley wrote:New pic
Love this soft beret from h&m! Perfect for covering dark roots haha, sorta.
Probably a coincidence, but her photoshopped pic looks a little bit like Korean actress Kim Ah Joong. I think it's the straight eyebrows and doe eye look. XX's current looks seem more Korean-inspired than Japanese gyaru to be honest. I don't get any "gyaru feels" from her anymore despite all the bright colors.
(fyi, these are old pics... Kim Ah Joong also did a lot of surgery over the years so she looks a bit different now :p)

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

meerkat wrote:Probably a coincidence, but her photoshopped pic looks a little bit like Korean actress Kim Ah Joong. I think it's the straight eyebrows and doe eye look. XX's current looks seem more Korean-inspired than Japanese gyaru to be honest. I don't get any "gyaru feels" from her anymore despite all the bright colors.
I see what you mean. Her gyaru look appears more Korean ulzzang if anything. The eye makeup is subtle especially the bottom lid.

meerkat wrote:Image
(fyi, these are old pics... Kim Ah Joong also did a lot of surgery over the years so she looks a bit different now :p)
Good grief! Wth did Kim Ah Joong do to her face?!?! She was fine before. :o

milkypink
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by milkypink »

ahhhh i really like her beret, it's so cute.... uguuu

But seriously, XX is the walking and talking definition of hypocrisy, I don't understand someone who shot down k-fashion is all of a sudden sporting it...

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

LOL @ mike in the background. Anyway, no kidding your skirt will be XL, Xiaxue. Your burgeoning belly isn't going to get any smaller.
Forgotten in my photo album... What I wore on the 2nd day of CNY! With the silly husband photobombing me albeit wearing the same colour palette. My skirt is size XL wtf. Was 32 weeks when this photo was taken!

milkypink
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by milkypink »

that outfit looks horrible....

__N__
Learner
Learner

Post by __N__ »

smiley wrote:
meerkat wrote:Probably a coincidence, but her photoshopped pic looks a little bit like Korean actress Kim Ah Joong. I think it's the straight eyebrows and doe eye look. XX's current looks seem more Korean-inspired than Japanese gyaru to be honest. I don't get any "gyaru feels" from her anymore despite all the bright colors.
I see what you mean. Her gyaru look appears more Korean ulzzang if anything. The eye makeup is subtle especially the bottom lid.
it doesnt look ulzzang to me at all. looking natural doesnt mean looking ulzzang
there are also natural gyaru make up styles. like the ones that kumicky usually wear

hambo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hambo »

Korean makeup is very natural so I think Wendy's makeup still looks more Japanese inspired than Korean because of her thick fake eyelashes and fairly dramatic eyeliner.

In my opinion her facial features aren't pretty enough to look good in Korean makeup, that's probably why she doesn't do it lol and only sticks to the more dramatic stuff.

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Post by meerkat »

Let me explain more clearly.
I meant that whatever makeup XX is sporting now doesn't look gyaru to me anymore. It's not ulzzang either, but certain parts of her makeup look Korean-inspired.

Here are old pics of XX when she definitely looked gyaru.
Notice the prominent fake eyelashes (upper and bottom), less attention to eyebrows, softer eye makeup.
She has thick eyebrows here, but she still looks gyaru because there is still more focus on the eyes/eyelashes.

Now see the more recent pics of XX:
She still wears false eyelashes and wear lots of blusher, but her eyes are no longer the central focus anymore, they share equal focus with eyebrows, which is styled in the way many Korean stars do it - thick and straight (to look youthful). Also, her eyeliner has gotten much thicker and horizontally longer now.

The pic XX took with her "gyaru idol" Tsubasa Masuwaka especially shows that XX's makeup looks less gyaru.
Tsubasa's makeup - eyelashes, less focus on eyebrows.
XX's makeup - extended eyeliner, eyebrows. Her eyelashes aren't even that visible here.
Tsubasa also looks more "cute" and "girly" while XX looks more "pretty" and "somewhere between girly and womanly".

Bottom line is, her makeup has changed. And it's not really gyaru anymore. It's some odd thing altogether.

__N__
Learner
Learner

Post by __N__ »

Her makeup still looks gyaru as the trend for gyaru now is "otona kawaii" or “adult style” with the use of shorter and less dramatic false lashes. that explains the switch to more "womanly makeup". gyaru magazines are recently going for a much more natural (or sometimes cat eye) mature look hence the smaller lenses and less thick make up just like the one xx sported

so her makeup definitely looks gyaru

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Does it really matter whether Xiaxue seemingly looks gyaru or ulzzang? Her pictures are photoshopped. We know she doesn't look doll-like IRL.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Here's a recent pic of Xiaxue with fashion and lifestyle blogger, Andrea Chong.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

hello unwashed hair :))) how can she go out with such a mess on her head? dry shampoo is not something she uses, now is it?

Return to “Xiaxue”