Cimorelli

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Re: Cimorelli

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

ackbellai wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 am
So we see Dani walk down the aisle in Kath's wedding video... but she is absent from all other shots that include the wedding party. Someone in the comments said she was only at the wedding for an hour? Does anyone know more?
I think for Lisa's wedding she said she didn't stay for the reception so maybe she did the same thing for Kath's wedding

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by ackbellai »

talldecafcappuccino wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 am
ackbellai wrote:
So we see Dani walk down the aisle in Kath's wedding video... but she is absent from all other shots that include the wedding party. Someone in the comments said she was only at the wedding for an hour? Does anyone know more?
I think for Lisa's wedding she said she didn't stay for the reception so maybe she did the same thing for Kath's wedding
That could be true... but even for the shots of the bridesmaids/bridal party together, and when Katherine came out in her wedding dress, Dani was absent. So weird to me. Someone in the comments said it maybe had something to do with Emmyn having COVID-19? If so, I guess there's the possibility of Dani not wanting to be close to anyone in case she had it. If that's not the case though, and it has something to do with them not getting along, that really sucks for everyone involved. Dani will wish she was part of those memories when she gets older.

Jurassicdino
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by Jurassicdino »

So Kath is answering questions about her wedding video on her insta story. And one of the questions was where are Max’s parents because they weren’t in the wedding video. So max answered that because his parents were older, higher risk and lived in NY that they couldn’t go because of COVID. I think it’s kind of selfish that Kath wouldn’t reschedule the wedding or at least try to. Since her large family has already been to Christina’s, the older brother mike and Lisa’s weddings etc. and they have like a ton more kids weddings to look forward to. I believe max is an only child According to a post she did on her blog. So.... I can’t imagine max telling her that they are still having the wedding if her family couldn’t go. I’m a bit surprised since I really thought Kath was a really genuinely nice person, so I’m kind of disappointed. I know there would be a possibility of losing money on stuff obviously (but she’s making a pretty good amount with YouTube since that’s her full time job and they make quite a bit tbh ) but to have your fiancées parents not get to see their only son get married is kind of selfish not gonna lie. I can’t imagine not having my mom at my wedding, it would seriously be enough for me to try reschedule like I would be heartbroken If she wasn’t there. And it wouldn’t be the same without certain people there. I just don’t think it’s fair, I’ve seen lots of people reschedule and push it off, some people just don’t want to. Idk what happened behind the scenes obviously or what they discussed but he seemed really sad they weren’t there. I wasn’t sure if anyone else saw her insta story videos.

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

traceyruru wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:05 am
gg208 wrote: I've always wondered if this is because YouTube has become far stricter on copyright and it's no longer profitable to make covers? Obviously they still do it because it's how they get people in, but they may actually make money off their other, more mundane videos.
Seeing as their original music’s quality is a bit more... eh this time around, that makes sense. Still, they’re a band, they should release some of those original music that are wholly owned by them instead of releasing merch after merch (like ‘Back to School’ even if all of them are done with school already) which, by my personal experience, isn’t worth it to buy especially if you’re not from the US.
Hmm, that could be a factor. I still think they should record more music than they have been, though. I agree with you - I rarely buy any merch because shipping to my country is always so expensive (and I personally prefer to own music). But I've heard that youtube musicians generally make more money from merch sales than music sales, so that could be why they keep plugging their merch. Unless they are trying to slowly transition from a music channel to a vlogging/lifestyle channel due to the girls (women) growing up and getting married ... in which case I may lose interest eventually.
Jurassicdino wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm
So Kath is answering questions about her wedding video on her insta story. And one of the questions was where are Max’s parents because they weren’t in the wedding video. So max answered that because his parents were older, higher risk and lived in NY that they couldn’t go because of COVID. I think it’s kind of selfish that Kath wouldn’t reschedule the wedding or at least try to. Since her large family has already been to Christina’s, the older brother mike and Lisa’s weddings etc. and they have like a ton more kids weddings to look forward to. I believe max is an only child According to a post she did on her blog. So.... I can’t imagine max telling her that they are still having the wedding if her family couldn’t go. I’m a bit surprised since I really thought Kath was a really genuinely nice person, so I’m kind of disappointed. I know there would be a possibility of losing money on stuff obviously (but she’s making a pretty good amount with YouTube since that’s her full time job and they make quite a bit tbh ) but to have your fiancées parents not get to see their only son get married is kind of selfish not gonna lie. I can’t imagine not having my mom at my wedding, it would seriously be enough for me to try reschedule like I would be heartbroken If she wasn’t there. And it wouldn’t be the same without certain people there. I just don’t think it’s fair, I’ve seen lots of people reschedule and push it off, some people just don’t want to. Idk what happened behind the scenes obviously or what they discussed but he seemed really sad they weren’t there. I wasn’t sure if anyone else saw her insta story videos.
That also made me a little :? , especially since Kath mentioned that her favourite part of their wedding video was seeing their friends and family there so that the memories are immortalised for 'generations to come'. I'm with you! I can't imagine getting married without at least my parents there, and I'm sure Kath couldn't either. I 100% would have postponed, but maybe they left it too late to reschedule and Kath was desperate for her first kiss lol. Side note: was it Max's first kiss as well? Since (I believe) he wasn't Catholic before they met, I'm guessing surely not, right? He called their altar kiss 'short and sweet'.

Jurassicdino
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Jurassicdino »

mysterylovescompany wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm
traceyruru wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:05 am
gg208 wrote: I've always wondered if this is because YouTube has become far stricter on copyright and it's no longer profitable to make covers? Obviously they still do it because it's how they get people in, but they may actually make money off their other, more mundane videos.
Seeing as their original music’s quality is a bit more... eh this time around, that makes sense. Still, they’re a band, they should release some of those original music that are wholly owned by them instead of releasing merch after merch (like ‘Back to School’ even if all of them are done with school already) which, by my personal experience, isn’t worth it to buy especially if you’re not from the US.
Hmm, that could be a factor. I still think they should record more music than they have been, though. I agree with you - I rarely buy any merch because shipping to my country is always so expensive (and I personally prefer to own music). But I've heard that youtube musicians generally make more money from merch sales than music sales, so that could be why they keep plugging their merch. Unless they are trying to slowly transition from a music channel to a vlogging/lifestyle channel due to the girls (women) growing up and getting married ... in which case I may lose interest eventually.
Jurassicdino wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm
That also made me a little :? , especially since Kath mentioned that her favourite part of their wedding video was seeing their friends and family there so that the memories are immortalised for 'generations to come'. I'm with you! I can't imagine getting married without at least my parents there, and I'm sure Kath couldn't either. I 100% would have postponed, but maybe they left it too late to reschedule and Kath was desperate for her first kiss lol. Side note: was it Max's first kiss as well? Since (I believe) he wasn't Catholic before they met, I'm guessing surely not, right? He called their altar kiss 'short and sweet'.

I don’t think it was Max’s, it sounded to me that he had been in previous relationships before Katherine. And I don’t think he said that she was his first kiss. It was their first official kiss as a couple which sounds sweet but I feel might have been kinda awkward in front of all those people. I remember my first kiss and.... I don’t think I would want so many people to watch that moment. Haha I also think maybe she really wanted that kiss!! I don’t know how she waited that long, I mean everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that. I have a bf and idk how I could not kiss him lol I don’t think she’s a bad person, she is the most kind I feel out of all the sisters, I just felt it was oddly out of character for her to go on with something like a wedding without his parents. But it’s true maybe they did wait too long to decide what to do and didn’t have a choice.

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

ackbellai wrote:
ackbellai wrote:
I believe Dani said that she and Emmyn are taking a lot of precautions and they’re really taking COVID seriously, also with Emmyn being obese, that alone already gives him a high risk of getting COVID, they’re just really careful.
Jurassicdino wrote:So Kath is answering questions about her wedding video on her insta story. And one of the questions was where are Max’s parents because they weren’t in the wedding video. So max answered that because his parents were older, higher risk and lived in NY that they couldn’t go because of COVID. I think it’s kind of selfish that Kath wouldn’t reschedule the wedding or at least try to. Since her large family has already been to Christina’s, the older brother mike and Lisa’s weddings etc. and they have like a ton more kids weddings to look forward to. I believe max is an only child According to a post she did on her blog. So.... I can’t imagine max telling her that they are still having the wedding if her family couldn’t go. I’m a bit surprised since I really thought Kath was a really genuinely nice person, so I’m kind of disappointed. I know there would be a possibility of losing money on stuff obviously (but she’s making a pretty good amount with YouTube since that’s her full time job and they make quite a bit tbh ) but to have your fiancées parents not get to see their only son get married is kind of selfish not gonna lie. I can’t imagine not having my mom at my wedding, it would seriously be enough for me to try reschedule like I would be heartbroken If she wasn’t there. And it wouldn’t be the same without certain people there. I just don’t think it’s fair, I’ve seen lots of people reschedule and push it off, some people just don’t want to. Idk what happened behind the scenes obviously or what they discussed but he seemed really sad they weren’t there. I wasn’t sure if anyone else saw her insta story videos.
I’m really disappointed as well, it’s like she wanted to get married immediately. They could’ve waited until COVID isn’t much of a problem anymore (though I highly doubt it would be anytime soon for them), she could’ve had the wedding she wanted and Max’s parents would be there for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homis
Debater
Debater

Post by Homis »

I don’t understand how their family approves Chad. He ruined two marriages by cheating, do they honestly think he can change? He even wrote a song where he says he cheated Hayley and that she isn’t enough for him.

He seems to prefer young naive religious girls. It’s also a bit creepy since he looks so much older than Lisa in the wedding photos 😅 He will ruin her. I like Lisa but I think she made a big mistake.

But I think it’s sad that Dani is so alone now. She seems happy now and her family should support that.

ldycatherinedebourgh
Learner
Learner

Post by ldycatherinedebourgh »

I wonder if the reason Katherine and max got married isn't necessarily because they couldnt wait for physical intimacy (whether it be a kiss or sex) but because they wanted to move on with other parts of their life (like moving in together). I don't know the specifics of their living situation but if they got married May 30 maybe they had a lease starting in June?

And with the pandemic being seemingly never-ending they didn't want to wait a year only for restrictions to still not be lifted and for it still not be safe.

Still though it's extremely crappy that Max's family couldn't be there :( I hope they were supportive of Kath and Max getting married and aren't resentful (though I wouldn't blame them if they were).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shantel
Learner
Learner

Post by Shantel »

ackbellai wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:14 pm
ackbellai wrote:
That could be true... but even for the shots of the bridesmaids/bridal party together, and when Katherine came out in her wedding dress, Dani was absent. So weird to me. Someone in the comments said it maybe had something to do with Emmyn having COVID-19? If so, I guess there's the possibility of Dani not wanting to be close to anyone in case she had it. If that's not the case though, and it has something to do with them not getting along, that really sucks for everyone involved. Dani will wish she was part of those memories when she gets older.
Dani mentioned in one of her videos that Emmyn was at higher risk for Covid because he’s overweight so they only went to the ceremony and not the reception. Katherine also confirmed in her Instagram comments that Dani wasn’t able to be in the larger group pictures because of Emmyn. I’m guessing that since Dani’s dad has had Covid, she upped the safety measures when hanging around her family. It seems that she and Emmyn were able to stay for Mike’s wedding reception because it was held outside.

Image[/url]

omb4
Lurker
Lurker

Post by omb4 »

I'm so confused as to why the family doesn't approve of Emmyn/getting married young. I would've thought getting married at 19 means Dani has more fertility to have all the more blessings from god (children). Like from an outsider's point of view the one who is sticking the most to the 'traditional lifestyle' is Dani.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

omb4 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 am
I'm so confused as to why the family doesn't approve of Emmyn/getting married young. I would've thought getting married at 19 means Dani has more fertility to have all the more blessings from god (children). Like from an outsider's point of view the one who is sticking the most to the 'traditional lifestyle' is Dani.
That's a good point. Maybe what they disapproved of was that Dani was leaving the catholic church and/or that Emmyn wasn't catholic and wasn't planning to convert? I don't know though. Does anyone know if Dani has talked specifically about what the issue was with her family?

tatablata
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tatablata »

ackbellai wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm
omb4 wrote:
That's a good point. Maybe what they disapproved of was that Dani was leaving the catholic church and/or that Emmyn wasn't catholic and wasn't planning to convert? I don't know though. Does anyone know if Dani has talked specifically about what the issue was with her family?
This is just speculation but it could be that the family just didn't trust Emmyn as a person... I mean, most fans wrongly thought Emmyn was manipulative and perhaps that was the same mindset the family had towards him. And it probably didn't help that they were both 19 when they got married... Dani herself stated in her wedding dress post on insta that she had felt embarrassed for marrying young back then. So perhaps the family was adamant about Emmyn and Dani not marrying so young and thought Dani was making a rash decision. That could be where the tension arose.
Besides, to me it seems more of a case of Dani deciding to distance herself from her family than the family due to their lack of support for her marriage, than the family ostracising her, especially seeing as she has even mentioned wanting to move to California.

Yummy2020
Learner
Learner

Post by Yummy2020 »

tatablata wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:22 am
ackbellai wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm
omb4 wrote:
This is just speculation but it could be that the family just didn't trust Emmyn as a person... I mean, most fans wrongly thought Emmyn was manipulative and perhaps that was the same mindset the family had towards him. And it probably didn't help that they were both 19 when they got married... Dani herself stated in her wedding dress post on insta that she had felt embarrassed for marrying young back then. So perhaps the family was adamant about Emmyn and Dani not marrying so young and thought Dani was making a rash decision. That could be where the tension arose.
Besides, to me it seems more of a case of Dani deciding to distance herself from her family than the family due to their lack of support for her marriage, than the family ostracising her, especially seeing as she has even mentioned wanting to move to California.

I think you're right that Dani is the one who's distancing from her family. I used to think her family disowned her, but she posted this video yesterday. And at 1:03 she talks about how to distance yourself from toxic friends and family:

The way she talks about it...it sounds like she was definitely the one to cut off the Cimorellis. Plus as far as I know, she's the only Cimorelli who left Catholicism. Dani may think her family's beliefs are too closeminded.

And the rest of her video is awesome. Like at 6:55 she talks about how you don't have to be pressured into labeling your sexuality and how it's a personal journey. Then at 9:23 she talks about how God doesn't care about your sexuality, so you can leave traditional churches that are against the LGBTQ and find a church/group/personal relationship with God, that supports you instead.

I'm so impressed by Dani.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

I don't think she "cut off" her family... I think she is just distancing herself because they're toxic and closed-minded. I do think she will regret not being part of Katherine's whole wedding, but I don't blame her for distancing herself in other ways.

The way I look at it is... can you imagine having Christina and Lisa as sisters??? Christina - holier than thou, super judgmental, stone cold, a know-it-all, thinks she is an expert at everything. Lisa - arrogant (but also wildly insecure), thinks anyone who disagrees with her is uneducated, perfectionistic, completely delusional, fake. I would pull my hair out having two older sisters that thought they were "all-knowing". Dani probably felt like she couldn't make mistakes growing up without getting a lecture, and that's not healthy.

TheCatsInTheForum333
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TheCatsInTheForum333 »

I hope Dani didn't marry Emmyn as a way of breaking off with her family. I don't mean that she didn't or doesn't love him but maybe if things were going well with her family she would have waited a little more. I also don't understand this hate for Emmyn from her family, because it's pretty much clear they don't really like him. I don't like him personally but it may be the way he comes off on camera, however he seems like a good guy. Dani's post about her wedding was so sad too.
A thing that I hate though is how the sisters have not talked about the covid situations at all (as far as I know) and even of they didn't talk from a political point of view, they could at least offer their prayers since they are so religious. I'm starting to doubt that they care. No masks in wedding pics or in videos where they go to see wedding dresses. Not just them but friends too!?!? I can't blame Dani for not being present.

Inviato dal mio RMX2063 utilizzando Tapatalk

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

I think they're all (with the exception of Dani) super far-right Republicans and are too embarrassed to post anything that could potentially come across as "political." It wouldn't surprise me if they're anti-maskers who think the government is trying to "control" them.

tatablata
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tatablata »

ackbellai wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:07 pm
I think they're all (with the exception of Dani) super far-right Republicans and are too embarrassed to post anything that could potentially come across as "political." It wouldn't surprise me if they're anti-maskers who think the government is trying to "control" them.
I have actually seen a couple of individual posts of each of them (except Christina) wearing masks so I don't think they're necessarily against masks. It's surprising though that they do not wear masks for all the public gatherings i.e. weddings I've seen them in (at least from the pictures and of course Kath's wedding video). There was a picture of customised masks too at Lisa's wedding but ironically very few people were spotted wearing them. I also remember Lauren taking some pictures with a couple of friends (Rachael and another girl), to which some fans reacted negatively, because they weren't wearing masks, but Rachael replied to a fan's dm assuring them that they actually take COVID precautions like wearing masks, etc seriously. It's either she wasn't being honest or they actually do behind the scenes. Either way, I think the girls could do much better in terms of taking mask wearing seriously.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

tatablata wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm
ackbellai wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:07 pm
I have actually seen a couple of individual posts of each of them (except Christina) wearing masks so I don't think they're necessarily against masks. It's surprising though that they do not wear masks for all the public gatherings i.e. weddings I've seen them in (at least from the pictures and of course Kath's wedding video). There was a picture of customised masks too at Lisa's wedding but ironically very few people were spotted wearing them. I also remember Lauren taking some pictures with a couple of friends (Rachael and another girl), to which some fans reacted negatively, because they weren't wearing masks, but Rachael replied to a fan's dm assuring them that they actually take COVID precautions like wearing masks, etc seriously. It's either she wasn't being honest or they actually do behind the scenes. Either way, I think the girls could do much better in terms of taking mask wearing seriously.
Just because they wear masks sometimes doesn't mean they're not anti-maskers. They wear them when they have to, sure, but they're not going to take precautions around family and friends. It seems like they haven't done anything at all to change their lifestyles and keep themselves and the people around them safe. For "Christians" they're all extremely self-centered.

TheCatsInTheForum333
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TheCatsInTheForum333 »

Yes that's what I think too. I live in Italy so correct me if I'm wrong but I guess in America to go in shops etc. You have to wear a mask. And I remember those posts and if I'm not wrong they were in a car so possibly just coming out of a shop... They are a big family but not everyone lives under the same roof so they should be wearing mask or at least keep a distance. Dani is extreme about covid safety (which is ok) but they are just careless. Particularly thinking about Christina with a newborn or when she was pregnant.

Inviato dal mio RMX2063 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I don't think Lisa waited until marriage. I always thought it was strange she'd talk about never having a boyfriend but before Chad wrote plenty of songs insinuating the opposite. She made reference before to how "you wouldn't know him because he's not in the spotlight and we haven't been seen together." I remember thinking, since when are you Kylie Jenner with anyone paying attention to who you're dating? I don't think there are paparazzi who would even acknowledge them in CA let alone TN.

I also think her initial attraction to Chad was who his ex wife was - in that his attraction to her was an ego boost because of his associations - and possibly why the family overlooked his past. I felt badly for her initially because I thought she was just a sheltered girl but I think she likes to play that up for approval and gentleness from their fans - but she also likes to see her name in posts with Hayley's re: her relationship because anything with Hayley's name is going to get her more attention. I think this was a marriage of convenience for both of them.

Dani's recent video discussing the inability for shit men to change was interesting too considering who she just attended a wedding for.

Return to “Music”