Cimorelli

opangatay
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cimorelli

Post by opangatay »

For as ~edgy~ and ~powerful~ and ~not like other girls~ Lisa wants to claim to be, Chad seems to be like the kind of guy to emotionally abuse the life out of her until she’s an empty shell. She claims she’s done all this soul searching and growing into a strong woman but Chad’s going to undo all of that (regardless of how fragile and shallow and surface-level Lisa’s personality seems to be).

I don’t see a strong woman in her at all tbh. I think she’s exactly as vulnerable as she needs to be for someone like Chad to take advantage of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldycatherinedebourgh
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by ldycatherinedebourgh »

candyzzzz143 wrote:I hope we don't come back to this thread to talk about Lisa's (kinda) inevitable divorce (or legal separation, since I don't think they believe in divorce).

In one of the Cimorelli podcasts, Lisa mentions that she almost broke up with Chad that day. And they were already engaged at that point? Seems concerning that they still pushed through... I really want her to be happy but damn, the guy she chose really doesn't have a good track record at all. But I guess the Cimorellis are okay with a cheater as long as he's conservative and religious. What a joke. This dude is, tbh, worst than Emmet. At least Emmet is just an immature teen who married his first love. He can still grow if he wants to. Chad, on the other hand, is a full-grown adult who knows exactly what he's doing.
Did she give any indication why she almost broke up with Chad? Image I don't watch the podcast so now I'm curious

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

candyzzzz143 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:47 am
traceyruru wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 pm
mysterylovescompany wrote: Anyone else getting sick of all the non-music on their supposedly music youtube channel?? I really don't care about seeing their daily routines for the 100th time, or any other rehashes of tired topics (weddings, babies, crooked fingers, Lisa's shaved head, switching clothes). Their best videos have ALWAYS been their live acappella covers, and I'm disappointed that they never really do them beyond snippets on TikTok.
Tell me about it. I think they need to switch things up a little in terms of how they’d record their covers or songs. I do think prerecording does ease their schedules (acapellas needs a lot of practice, if one screws up, everyone needs to redo everything), but it wouldn’t hurt to do live covers once in a while.

I’m disappointed in the lack of original music that’s been released. Their last album was in 2017, and from what I’ve gathered back then, they had at least a hundred songs unreleased. Some are from their old label, I get those, but with all the changes in their lives in the past years, you’d think they’d have more original songs under their belt.
I kind of get it, with the siblings having their own lives now. I just wish they were a bit more creative in how to deal with this. They could form subunits while others are on leave or busy. Have some duets (LisaxLauren, AmyxLauren, KathxChristina, whatever) or trios and create songs for them. Let people vote on the divisions they wanna hear. The other girls can be backup singers for the chosen duo, in charge of harmonies and backup vocals and such. It helps mixes things up a bit, while still respecting other people's schedules.
I agree that this would be a great idea! They're no longer a band of homeschooled teenagers living in the same house, after all. With 3/5 married and (almost?? idk) all of them living in different houses, I understand that coordination cannot be easy. However, I think the girls are so stuck on their schtick being the Six Five Cimorelli Sisters that they recoil from anything musical that lessens or downplays that. They've always pushed that they are part of The Band first and foremost, and they don't even promote Lisa and Lauren's solo music careers on their main channel (that I know of - I don't watch every video or most bloopers). I think at least part of this is to discourage the inevitable comparisons between their musical abilities (which is understandable considering the long history of their commenters generally loving Lisa and Lauren's voices and tending to ignore Katherine and Dani's). Most fans have picked up on this and insist that no girl is better or worse etc etc, but if they let people vote on duos within the band, I think things might turn ugly fast. Would I myself bother to watch a duo of KathxChristina or KathxAmy singing? Not sure. Live acappella harmonies of the full band would be the ideal, even if they're only once a month or so.

Also agree that they need more original music. I listened to Lauren's Orange + Blue album and liked it more than I thought I would. I Love You Or Whatever in 2018 was their last non-single release, and half of it was spoken word!! (edit for correction: I forgot about the EP full of bland weddings songs, but ykwim)

candyzzzz143
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by candyzzzz143 »

ldycatherinedebourgh wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:56 pm
candyzzzz143 wrote:I hope we don't come back to this thread to talk about Lisa's (kinda) inevitable divorce (or legal separation, since I don't think they believe in divorce).

In one of the Cimorelli podcasts, Lisa mentions that she almost broke up with Chad that day. And they were already engaged at that point? Seems concerning that they still pushed through... I really want her to be happy but damn, the guy she chose really doesn't have a good track record at all. But I guess the Cimorellis are okay with a cheater as long as he's conservative and religious. What a joke. This dude is, tbh, worst than Emmet. At least Emmet is just an immature teen who married his first love. He can still grow if he wants to. Chad, on the other hand, is a full-grown adult who knows exactly what he's doing.
Did she give any indication why she almost broke up with Chad? Image I don't watch the podcast so now I'm curious

If you watch this vid at 4:33 they're asking each girl about the high and low of their week. Lisa states she feels overwhelmed and she almost had a breakup that morning? Maybe I heard it wrong, but she doesn't give any details. In fact, she says her high that week was hiking with said fiance... really weird.

waterynames
Talker
Talker

Post by waterynames »

mysterylovescompany wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:00 pm
I would watch Dani's videos but she's younger than I am and I don't really care for vlogs (also I find her personality abrasive).
I found Dani to be quite rude and condescending when she was with Cimorelli too, but she seems much more relaxed in her own videos. So I think that what we saw was mainly her frustration at being trapped in an environment she didn't feel comfortable in. I totally get not liking vlogs, though!
Well, Lisa is now married. (Check out the #lisacimorelli tag on insta for some stories pics.) I didn't watch the whole wedding dress video because the constant screaming was driving me crazy, but I do agree that the dresses she eventually went for are quite basic and traditional, even though otherwise she seems to try so hard to be different in the way she dresses (as shown in her clothes swap video with Lauren). I guess Chad and Lisa are both adults and age gaps in relationships become less weird as you get older, but he looks so much older than she does and I just get sleazy vibes.
The constant screaming was getting on my nerves so much. Why do they scream all the time?! Although it seems like their only role there was to scream. No one was giving Lisa honest or useful feedback. I'd be rather frustrated if I just got "wooow, queeeeeeen, that's amaaaazingggg" after trying on every single dress. She could have gone there by herself and it would have made no difference (although, thinking about it, I doubt she would have listened to the other's opinions anyway). In the end, her ceremony dress was ok, I guess, but just so plain and boring, and I didn't love how it looked on her. Most dresses she tried on were perfect fits and, in my opinion, she chose the only two that weren't. Especially the reception dress. And I find it kind of perplexing that, as beautiful as Lisa is and how pretty much everything suits her, she managed to choose the only unflattering dress of the bunch.

I saw some of the wedding pictures on Ig and Chad does look much older (because, well... he is). I doubt it's going to end well. In one of their podcasts Lisa mentioned she was having a bad day and crying on the phone to Chad and he told her he wished she wouldn't get so sad or something to that effect. It might sound inoffensive, but... didn't he not only fail to support but invalidated his previous wife's struggles when they got serious? Telling her that is like he's blaming her for being sad. Lisa is so insecure that she's the perfect target for someone like Chad; I just hope we're wrong and he doesn't break her.

tatablata
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tatablata »

I have literally lost any hope that Chad has probably changed. About a day or two ago, Hayley Williams posted an insta story and I speculate it must've been about Lisa. Don't remember exactly what the post said but it was something about being warned about a man. What's scarier is the fact that some of the lyrics in New Found Glory's newest album are really sketchy. And I might be wrong but isn't Chad one of the main songwriters? Some of the lyrics I found were:

'Haven't you heard the awful things they said about me?'
'You're now my trophy... hope I didn't objectify you'
'Feel like a winner when I'm standing by you'

One song stood out and scared the crap out of me. The title is Same Side Sitters and here are some of the lyrics:

'Your family don't trust me yet
But I swear I won't make you look foolish'
'Your friends don't trust me yet'

There was also another song with lyrics like 'get yourself some new friends... they Don't care about you...' I probably didn't get this right but it's from the song titled Himalayas.

Also, I remember Lisa mentioning once (during a podcast, I think) that the most romantic thing someone has ever done for her is write a whole album about her which makes me more convinced that Chad wrote all those songs. If these lyrics don't scream manipulation I don'tknow what else it is. If I wasn't too scared in the beginning for her I definitely am now. Rightnow I have absolutely no hope that he won't hurt her.

tatablata
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tatablata »

Also Lauren created a created a new vlogging channel. Looks like the band is ending soon.

waterynames
Talker
Talker

Post by waterynames »

Oh wow. I looked up the lyrics, and Himalaya's are very concerning. As I see it, Same Side Sitters is mainly trying to convince Lisa (through very bad writing) that Chad's actually a good guy that really loves her. But Himalaya's lyrics are something else:

You're sweeter than a birthday cake
So everybody wants their piece
And they throw fits when you're out of reach.

They don't want what's best for you,
They just want what works best for them.
You spread yourself too thin.
I think it's time to find yourself,
Find yourself some new friends.

They know all your triggers
And boy, they like to pull them
Keeping you on edge
To avoid issues of abandonment.

It's very dangerous if he's isolating her from whoever might be critical of him or trying to point out red flags. The song is like a typically manipulative speech; it's basically like saying: "Don't listen to them, they're just jealous that you're so happy", "If they'd love you, they'd be supportive", etc. If she listens to him, she'll end up distrusting everyone around her and cutting them off, and in the end, she'll find herself alone and trapped in a life that doesn't make her happy. And I think Lisa would find it very difficult to admit she's made a mistake and would stay with Chad just to prove people wrong.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Wow I missed Dani saying her dad had COVID. I hope he is doing well and recovering okay, and I hope the rest of the family are also alright and hopefully no one else contracted it. Especially Christina/Nick, with having the baby now. I hope they’ve kept him away from everyone as much as possible but honestly, it’s hard to have hope when the whole family seems so careless about the pandemic still even after everything.

I can’t believe Lisa is really finally married to CHAD 🤢 not to sound like a completely horrible person lol, but I wonder how long this one will last for him.

I’ve said this before but Lisa honestly makes me very sad. She puts on this front of being a strong woman who doesn’t care what people think and knows what’s best for her when in reality, I think she is indeed the opposite. I think she wants to feel loved and have positive attention on herself so she clings to anyone willing to give her those things for however long, no matter how bad that person actually may be. I don’t want her to be hurt with her relationship but with Chad’s track record... I just hope that if anything does happen between them, she is able to recover and it doesn’t stunt her.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

tatablata wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:33 am
Also Lauren created a created a new vlogging channel. Looks like the band is ending soon.
What is the name of her new vlogging channel?

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

It's called Lauren Cim Vlogs

I almost wish she had made the first video like an introduction, kind of like how Dani did. I feel like she could expand her personal youtube audience to new fans who don't know her from Cimorelli.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Dani shared a post about her wedding dress on her insta today and I honestly feel so sad for her. I mean, not so much anymore, because she seems to be very happy and content with where she is right now with her relationship and herself. But her post really kind of highlights how isolated and lonely she seemed to be from her family throughout the whole planning of her wedding. It probably sucked to see the whole family band together for Christina (and later Katherine and Lisa) and then seeing that when it was her time, she was left to figure it out alone.

I feel sad that she said she felt embarrassed about being young and engaged, even if I (as a fan whose opinion doesn’t matter lol) was kind of wary about it at the time. She was (is!) happy with Emmyn and she deserved to feel happy to share their plans and her ideas for her wedding. But she was shamed out of it, obviously by fans but most likely by her family as well, and that just really sucks. I’m glad Emmyn’s family was there for her, and I’m glad she feels more comfortable to embrace herself and her life now. Being out of the band and away from that sort of condensed lifestyle, and being mostly on her own (well, with Emmyn lol) really seemed to do a lot of good for her.

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

allycatt wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:06 pm
Dani shared a post about her wedding dress on her insta today and I honestly feel so sad for her. I mean, not so much anymore, because she seems to be very happy and content with where she is right now with her relationship and herself. But her post really kind of highlights how isolated and lonely she seemed to be from her family throughout the whole planning of her wedding. It probably sucked to see the whole family band together for Christina (and later Katherine and Lisa) and then seeing that when it was her time, she was left to figure it out alone.

I feel sad that she said she felt embarrassed about being young and engaged, even if I (as a fan whose opinion doesn’t matter lol) was kind of wary about it at the time. She was (is!) happy with Emmyn and she deserved to feel happy to share their plans and her ideas for her wedding. But she was shamed out of it, obviously by fans but most likely by her family as well, and that just really sucks. I’m glad Emmyn’s family was there for her, and I’m glad she feels more comfortable to embrace herself and her life now. Being out of the band and away from that sort of condensed lifestyle, and being mostly on her own (well, with Emmyn lol) really seemed to do a lot of good for her.
It really seems like her family did not approve of Dani's choices. Either her relationship with Emmyn or her changing religions or both. She talks about that time as being really stressful and not having support. Katherine did leave a really nice message on her post. It seems like she and (maybe her other sisters) went with Dani to get the accessories. Did all the other sisters marry in a Catholic church? I bet her family really wanted them to have a Catholic wedding and Dani/Emmyn didnt want that.
I'm happy she got support from Emmyn's side of the family. I feel like now she's definitely more able to be herself and figure out who she is. She is still so young and being away from her family I'm sure is helping her develop even more of a sense of self.

Also, side note but I think when Lauren released her new stripped album Christina was the only one not to share a post about it!

Subzz12
Debater
Debater

Post by Subzz12 »

I actually really like Lauren’s solo music. Lisa’s is okay but her lyrics are shit

gg208
Talker
Talker

Post by gg208 »

I also get a little bit of secondhand embarrassment for Kath when she sings. It sounds like she's straining so much, and she's clearly the weakest singer (although her voice does suit a few songs, like Carol of the Bells). She seems to be happily married though, and she seems to be less full of herself than some of the others. I would watch Dani's videos but she's younger than I am and I don't really care for vlogs (also I find her personality abrasive).

Well, Lisa is now married. (Check out the #lisacimorelli tag on insta for some stories pics.) I didn't watch the whole wedding dress video because the constant screaming was driving me crazy, but I do agree that the dresses she eventually went for are quite basic and traditional, even though otherwise she seems to try so hard to be different in the way she dresses (as shown in her clothes swap video with Lauren). I guess Chad and Lisa are both adults and age gaps in relationships become less weird as you get older, but he looks so much older than she does and I just get sleazy vibes. I used to think she was my favourite Cimorelli in terms of voice and personality, but I find myself leaning more towards Lauren these days. Lisa seems like she's still so immature, despite the independent and uNiQuE front she puts up. I hope she didn't just get married because she wanted the constant validation of BEING married, but idk...

Anyone else getting sick of all the non-music on their supposedly music youtube channel?? I really don't care about seeing their daily routines for the 100th time, or any other rehashes of tired topics (weddings, babies, crooked fingers, Lisa's shaved head, switching clothes). Their best videos have ALWAYS been their live acappella covers, and I'm disappointed that they never really do them beyond snippets on TikTok.
I've always wondered if this is because YouTube has become far stricter on copyright and it's no longer profitable to make covers? Obviously they still do it because it's how they get people in, but they may actually make money off their other, more mundane videos.

gg208
Talker
Talker

Post by gg208 »

candyzzzz143 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:52 pm
ldycatherinedebourgh wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:56 pm

If you watch this vid at 4:33 they're asking each girl about the high and low of their week. Lisa states she feels overwhelmed and she almost had a breakup that morning? Maybe I heard it wrong, but she doesn't give any details. In fact, she says her high that week was hiking with said fiance... really weird.
She says 'break down'

traceyruru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by traceyruru »

gg208 wrote:
I also get a little bit of secondhand embarrassment for Kath when she sings. It sounds like she's straining so much, and she's clearly the weakest singer (although her voice does suit a few songs, like Carol of the Bells). She seems to be happily married though, and she seems to be less full of herself than some of the others. I would watch Dani's videos but she's younger than I am and I don't really care for vlogs (also I find her personality abrasive).

Well, Lisa is now married. (Check out the #lisacimorelli tag on insta for some stories pics.) I didn't watch the whole wedding dress video because the constant screaming was driving me crazy, but I do agree that the dresses she eventually went for are quite basic and traditional, even though otherwise she seems to try so hard to be different in the way she dresses (as shown in her clothes swap video with Lauren). I guess Chad and Lisa are both adults and age gaps in relationships become less weird as you get older, but he looks so much older than she does and I just get sleazy vibes. I used to think she was my favourite Cimorelli in terms of voice and personality, but I find myself leaning more towards Lauren these days. Lisa seems like she's still so immature, despite the independent and uNiQuE front she puts up. I hope she didn't just get married because she wanted the constant validation of BEING married, but idk...

Anyone else getting sick of all the non-music on their supposedly music youtube channel?? I really don't care about seeing their daily routines for the 100th time, or any other rehashes of tired topics (weddings, babies, crooked fingers, Lisa's shaved head, switching clothes). Their best videos have ALWAYS been their live acappella covers, and I'm disappointed that they never really do them beyond snippets on TikTok.
I've always wondered if this is because YouTube has become far stricter on copyright and it's no longer profitable to make covers? Obviously they still do it because it's how they get people in, but they may actually make money off their other, more mundane videos.
Seeing as their original music’s quality is a bit more... eh this time around, that makes sense. Still, they’re a band, they should release some of those original music that are wholly owned by them instead of releasing merch after merch (like ‘Back to School’ even if all of them are done with school already) which, by my personal experience, isn’t worth it to buy especially if you’re not from the US.

omb4
Lurker
Lurker

Post by omb4 »

So Mike and his wife are expecting. I'm assuming he the photo he announced with was taken at Lisa's wedding. Idk if this type of speculation is allowed on this thread, but do we think they got pregnant before their wedding or no?

ldycatherinedebourgh
Learner
Learner

Post by ldycatherinedebourgh »

omb4 wrote:So Mike and his wife are expecting. I'm assuming he the photo he announced with was taken at Lisa's wedding. Idk if this type of speculation is allowed on this thread, but do we think they got pregnant before their wedding or no?
100%. I think they only got married 7 weeks ago? She looks WAY farther along than 7 weeks. It seems like they got married really quickly (though I don't really keep up with Mike - maybe they had been engaged for a while and I just didn't know?) but if they did get married quickly then her being knocked up is probably a large reason why.

No one in the fam seems to have ostracized Mike for his premarital sex though Image Either they're bad at math or they decided not to care about this when they clearly cared about everything Dani did that was outside their values.

ackbellai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ackbellai »

So we see Dani walk down the aisle in Kath's wedding video... but she is absent from all other shots that include the wedding party. Someone in the comments said she was only at the wedding for an hour? Does anyone know more?

Return to “Music”