DentonDick
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cimorelli

Post by DentonDick »

Hello,

I'm seeking anyone that active in the Cimorelli community between 2012 to 2015. Specifically anyone active on the group's social media that may have had contact with an individual known by the initials J.Y. or TrustedNerd. If you've had contact with this individual or know someone who did please reply or you can email [email protected].

Thank You

engineer_grl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by engineer_grl »

Hi friends! First time poster here. I was a fan of Cimorelli 2010-2013 and then started watching their videos again a few months ago. I appreciate them and still follow them because I like their covers and some of the challenges are fun to watch, but I've been having some thoughts that I'd love to hear your opinions on.

The first is the band ending soon- I think someone else brought this up earlier but Lauren starting a vlog channel and Amy selling prints makes it seem like they're getting ready for their next gigs. With three of them married and them selling their filming house (which they had set up a semi-professional recording studio in and now they're just recording in Lauren's bedroom), I guess it would make sense if we got a video about a hiatus/less frequent posting starting next year. Their recent videos haven't been doing that well and they seem to be running out of ideas (Lisa's hair journey video).

Another thing is them keeping quiet about social issues/politics- I was surprised to see that they shared information about voting today. But their silence these last few months while our country is going through a very tumultuous time is kind of rude- in my opinion people with large followings should use their platform to share resources on how people can help and bring awareness to racial justice, LGBTQ+, and women's rights issues. I wouldn't be surprised if their beliefs are more right-leaning. Sometimes I feel like they think their fans are all 12 years old and don't care about these issues and that's why they don't touch on them. On Lauren's recent vlog channel video someone posted a comment asking why they don't talk about politics, and then it turned into a thread of pro-life people strongly defending their views. Maybe they known that their fanbase is consisted of a lot of people also very religious/with similar views as them. Dani also actually reposted a pro-life insta story which I'm confused about.

What do people think of their merch? I only got one item (the tie-dye shirt) and was disappointed with the quality. They hyped it up to be "the softest thing ever" but it's like something I could get at my college for free. I get that the band is their full-time job but they're really trying to mooch money off of fans in any way they can- like the highest tier on Patreon in which you get the birthday hoodie, I heard that several people never received this. And of course Christina's life coaching is ridiculously priced, and she also announced a few weeks ago that she would be hosting smaller livestreams for $25. Still seems like a lot to pay for a live stream. I understand that a lot of fans are also upset about how much they promote Patreon on their youtube podcast episodes and I agree, they don't need to mention it all the time.

Anyways no hate to the girls I still respect them and understand that there's a lot about them that we don't and will never see on social media. Interested to hear your thoughts!

Yummy2020
Learner
Learner

Post by Yummy2020 »

DentonDick wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:57 am
Hello,

I'm seeking anyone that active in the Cimorelli community between 2012 to 2015. Specifically anyone active on the group's social media that may have had contact with an individual known by the initials J.Y. or TrustedNerd. If you've had contact with this individual or know someone who did please reply or you can email [email protected].

Thank You
I didn't have any contact with them but I found this article about JY for you: https://meowmix.org/yanivs-cimorelli-ob ... continues/

The article is from this year and links to the creepy Cimorelli fanpage that JY made. The article had screenshots of messages and says that JY tried to prey on the Cimorelli girls when they were underage. Just horrible. I hope someone can stop JY soon. I had no idea this was going on...

DentonDick
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by DentonDick »

Thanks, I'm actually in touch with the meowmix staff. Just trying to gather more stories. JY is now 33 years old and is still in contact with young teens on multiple platforms. I encourage anyone to review the entire meowmix.org website. There are many more examples. As for the Cimorelli group it just wasn't inappropriate sexual messages it was straight up bullying. JY manipulated other young fans to gang up on others going so far as telling young girls to kill themselves.

Yummy2020
Learner
Learner

Post by Yummy2020 »

DentonDick wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:08 am
Thanks, I'm actually in touch with the meowmix staff. Just trying to gather more stories. JY is now 33 years old and is still in contact with young teens on multiple platforms. I encourage anyone to review the entire meowmix.org website. There are many more examples. As for the Cimorelli group it just wasn't inappropriate sexual messages it was straight up bullying. JY manipulated other young fans to gang up on others going so far as telling young girls to kill themselves.
That is horrible. I'm glad sites like this are collecting evidence. I found this submit a tip page on the meowmix website: https://meowmix.org/submit-a-tip/

So you could contact them that way, unless you tried that already. But I figured I should still post the link, just in case anyone finds this thread in the future.

It's really cool you're trying to help people.

DentonDick
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by DentonDick »

I just want to get the word out. Here is an example:
Here is the same girl's first hand account: https://l-ou-ise.com/breaking-silence

Thank You

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

Has any Cimorelli family member ever addressed what happened with JY?

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

engineer_grl wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Hi friends! First time poster here. I was a fan of Cimorelli 2010-2013 and then started watching their videos again a few months ago. I appreciate them and still follow them because I like their covers and some of the challenges are fun to watch, but I've been having some thoughts that I'd love to hear your opinions on.

The first is the band ending soon- I think someone else brought this up earlier but Lauren starting a vlog channel and Amy selling prints makes it seem like they're getting ready for their next gigs. With three of them married and them selling their filming house (which they had set up a semi-professional recording studio in and now they're just recording in Lauren's bedroom), I guess it would make sense if we got a video about a hiatus/less frequent posting starting next year. Their recent videos haven't been doing that well and they seem to be running out of ideas (Lisa's hair journey video).

Another thing is them keeping quiet about social issues/politics- I was surprised to see that they shared information about voting today. But their silence these last few months while our country is going through a very tumultuous time is kind of rude- in my opinion people with large followings should use their platform to share resources on how people can help and bring awareness to racial justice, LGBTQ+, and women's rights issues. I wouldn't be surprised if their beliefs are more right-leaning. Sometimes I feel like they think their fans are all 12 years old and don't care about these issues and that's why they don't touch on them. On Lauren's recent vlog channel video someone posted a comment asking why they don't talk about politics, and then it turned into a thread of pro-life people strongly defending their views. Maybe they known that their fanbase is consisted of a lot of people also very religious/with similar views as them. Dani also actually reposted a pro-life insta story which I'm confused about.

What do people think of their merch? I only got one item (the tie-dye shirt) and was disappointed with the quality. They hyped it up to be "the softest thing ever" but it's like something I could get at my college for free. I get that the band is their full-time job but they're really trying to mooch money off of fans in any way they can- like the highest tier on Patreon in which you get the birthday hoodie, I heard that several people never received this. And of course Christina's life coaching is ridiculously priced, and she also announced a few weeks ago that she would be hosting smaller livestreams for $25. Still seems like a lot to pay for a live stream. I understand that a lot of fans are also upset about how much they promote Patreon on their youtube podcast episodes and I agree, they don't need to mention it all the time.

Anyways no hate to the girls I still respect them and understand that there's a lot about them that we don't and will never see on social media. Interested to hear your thoughts!

I think all of the girls having side projects except for Katherine is really telling of how the future of the band will be. Christina seems to want to focus on vlogging about motherhood. Amy has her...art. Lisa & Lauren have their solo careers. I wonder what Katherine would be? A homemaker?

I think the fact that they're silent on political issues says it all. Dani posted a TikTok about how she used to be republican, and from there I think we can all assume the Cimorellis are all republican.

I missed Dani's prolife insta story. I guess that stems from being religious, though I will say not all Catholics/Christians are pro life. Hopefully Dani will see one day her faith and being pro choice can co exist.

I've never gotten their merch but I mega eye roll over Christina's "life coaching" sessions and I sincerely hope not a lot of fans are paying for that.

DentonDick
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by DentonDick »

talldecafcappuccino wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:59 pm
Yummy2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:21 pm
DentonDick wrote:
That is horrible. I'm glad sites like this are collecting evidence. I found this submit a tip page on the meowmix website: https://meowmix.org/submit-a-tip/

So you could contact them that way, unless you tried that already. But I figured I should still post the link, just in case anyone finds this thread in the future.

Just released 30 minutes ago. A source within Cimorelli has been in touch with MeowMix.org.
https://meowmix.org/jessica-yaniv-simps ... the-truth/

Yummy2020
Learner
Learner

Post by Yummy2020 »

DentonDick wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:28 am
talldecafcappuccino wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:59 pm
Yummy2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:21 pm
DentonDick wrote:

Just released 30 minutes ago. A source within Cimorelli has been in touch with MeowMix.org.
https://meowmix.org/jessica-yaniv-simps ... the-truth/
Wow, so JY actually has Cimorelli on their resume and is probably making money off of the band even now. I agree with the article writer that Cimorelli didn't say anything about JY harassing them and their fans because that would just give JY more views and a bigger platform...but the fact that Cimorelli is still being used for JY's career on top of everything else is just...wow. Tragic really.

And Lisa posted on IG once that she was terrified of people showing up at their house. I wonder if if incidents like this is why:

"My source informed me of conversations between them and men who thought they had befriended the girls online but were conned by impersonators. These fake accounts would flirt with the men and make them think they were in relationships, sometimes for months, and later invite the men to the Cimorelli home, unbeknownst to the real Cimorelli family. One of these fake relationships went on for a full year, and the man ended up hitchhiking across the country to show up at their front door to meet his “girlfriend”."

No wonder she said she was scared. That's just insane.

Return to “Music”