Cimorelli Pt 2

asui1
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Cimorelli Pt 2

Post by asui1 »

alice25 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:55 am
Is anyone else bothered by how they idealise marriage and motherhood? Especially motherhood. Nowadays, many people and especially women FINALLY come out with the hardships of and even regrets over motherhood, many young people finally opt out of parenthood, BUT women (and men) who don't want kids are still badly stigmatised and under a lot of societal pressure. Many women who regret motherhood explain how they have been talked into it or did not even think too much about their decision because it is just th normal thing to do to reproduce. I think it is absolutely terrible to teach Cimorelli's young, mostly female and vulnerable fans this ideal of having many kids etc. I get that this is what their beliefs are about but they can keep it to themselves. After all, having kids is no miracle or achievement, it's pretty normal and that baby hype just leads to unrealistic imaginations.

I could also totally see Lisa regretting her baby once things crumble with her husband or even before that lol, but it wouldn't be something she would admit.

So I think their content should really not be about all their babies and relationships, that's hardly even content, it's just hyping their own lives. On the other hand; Yes their content is mediocre at best, but what else are they to do? they did not go to college or have any other education and they need to make money somehow. that could also be a reason why they do not want to end the band
I kinda agree and disagree with you. I don't think they're trying to teach young kids to marry and have kids, even their songs (you're worth it, worth the fight, i am enough, etc.) are trying to encourage people to be themself no matter what other thinks. However the thing with having many kids is not really "okay" I guess because you just simply can't take care of them that well (for example, I remember Dani saying pretty recently thart she wants lot of kids and in a video like week ago she said she wants 2 kids, I personally think it's because either her parents didn't give her a lot of attention when she was a child or now when she's into environment and tbh Cimorelli doesn't really care and also she said she's scared of giving birth so thats definitely another reason), someone (probably Dani but I'm not sure) said that their parents didn't really took care of them when they were little - they played in the garden alone, took care of their siblings etc.

Yea I think Lisa will regret it too, but she won't admit it even to herself. However I don't think she will regret the child, I think she'll regret marrying her husband.

And about their content, I personally don't really mind that they talk so much about kids as I'm also at age of thinking about my own family and also I like how they progressed since being teenagers in a band to being moms. But I can completely imagine there are people who just don't really care about this as they're primarily a band and they should release music (which they don't do anyway haha).

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

I personally don’t think they’re trying to push the idea that motherhood is for everyone or something that we all need to strive for. I mean, I DO believe the Cimorelli family as a whole is one of those “save yourself until marriage, then get married and have many children, then stay together as a family forever” types, and they believe that’s how life should be for themselves. But I don’t feel the girls are pushing that mindset onto anyone else. To me, it just feels like they’re sharing and discussing their own experiences with marriage and pregnancy and motherhood.

I agree with the above, I don’t think Lisa will regret being a mother or having a child/children. I do think, if things go south for them, she will regret choosing this life with Ch*d though. Which would honestly be very sad, but it won’t the fault of Lisa being a mother. If things fall apart, it’ll likely be because her husband is just a giant garbage bag of a person.

I don’t mind the discussions about children and families either, but I personally love babies and find them cute lol. I know there are people who don’t care for babies and baby related content though, so I’m sure it sucks for them when half of the band is focusing on babies. But those girls are married women who do want to have kids, so it’s not that surprising to think they’re posting and talking about those things. Their content as a band is severely lacking though and has been for a long time now, and it’s why I’ve said before that I think they just need a break from the band and just be “normal” influencers. They certainly have enough fans that would stick by them if they put the music stuff on hold for real to focus on themselves and their personal lives and projects.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

I think Christina just automatically takes the mother/leader role. So she probably thinks she's helping her siblings. She's the example for how to live your best life or communicate about trauma. I think she means well...she probably sees all her younger siblings as still being 12 year olds LOL. That's the vibe I get from her.

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

I was hoping to find out what Lisa had named her baby but I feel like she isn’t going to share now, since she’s censoring the baby’s face. Totally her choice but I still feel disappointed haha

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

I know they said Lisa is a more private person but I feel like it's only a matter of time before she shares her baby's name/more pictures!

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

LOL, Emmyn just came out with this song called deadbeat, where he actually calls himself a deadbeat:

And they really do have a Tesla. The same IG I linked to posted this. Look at slide 9/10 where Emmyn is crying over 1D. That's the Tesla emblem in the steering wheel, the touchscreen, and the special glass roof:

Per month...that car could easily cost $1K for the insurance and the car payment.

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

talldecafcappuccino wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:55 am
I know they said Lisa is a more private person but I feel like it's only a matter of time before she shares her baby's name/more pictures!
You were right, haha.

I totally expected the name Lily, I wish I’d said it before lol

lunacy_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by lunacy_ »

I actually love the name. I wonder if her middle name is Lisa? Lisa said in a video she liked 'Lily Lisa' for a girl and I remember her saying when she was pregnant that the name had family ties

Yael
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yael »

I can't believe I'm reading all of this...
You're saying they're not a band anymore and their content is boring or whatever. But guys, they ARE a corporate.
They've talked about it a lot, they are their own corporate so they're allowed to do whatever they want and upload whatever content they want. If you don't like it then don't watch it.
Christina explained it in the final episode of their podcast season 4- their goal is not to spread their fanbase and become big (their songs are SO good and catchy so if they wanted they would've done that), but more to build the core group of fans that share the same passion about the same things as they are. And it's okay, because again, they're allowed to, they don't owe anything to anyone. They suffered a lot when they were young and were part of the big industry, so they don't want it.
You can watch only the things you're interested in that they upload or move on from them.

So the Guess Who's Singing series, I guess it's addressed for their core group, I don't know why they spent money on the billboard sign, but I don't really believe that they thought people outside their "cimfam" would be interested in this.

And last thing: don't forget that 99% of the singers take years between one album to another, and sometimes even between singles. They release 3 albums in 3 years, and they released I Am Enough and I Believe In You pretty close to each other. They don't have a label that write them the songs like a machine, they write their own songs and produce the music to their own songs, it takes a lot of work and they would never release anything that they don't feel is 100% how they wanted it to be, because of their passion for music. And in the meantime Lauren released a mixtape and a single as a solo artist (go listened it to btw, it's awesome)...

I'm not saying they are perfect, there are some topics that I wish they would talk about that they never do and are very common and current subjects, like LGBT, BLM, the elections (not that I mind them not sharing their political views, but only if to say like "go vote it's important"), etc...
But like I said, it's their own business and they can do whatever they want.

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

Yael wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:19 am
You're saying they're not a band anymore and their content is boring or whatever. But guys, they ARE a corporate.
They've talked about it a lot, they are their own corporate so they're allowed to do whatever they want and upload whatever content they want. If you don't like it then don't watch it.
Christina explained it in the final episode of their podcast season 4- their goal is not to spread their fanbase and become big (their songs are SO good and catchy so if they wanted they would've done that), but more to build the core group of fans that share the same passion about the same things as they are. And it's okay, because again, they're allowed to, they don't owe anything to anyone. They suffered a lot when they were young and were part of the big industry, so they don't want it.
You can watch only the things you're interested in that they upload or move on from them.

So the Guess Who's Singing series, I guess it's addressed for their core group, I don't know why they spent money on the billboard sign, but I don't really believe that they thought people outside their "cimfam" would be interested in this.

And last thing: don't forget that 99% of the singers take years between one album to another, and sometimes even between singles. They release 3 albums in 3 years, and they released I Am Enough and I Believe In You pretty close to each other. They don't have a label that write them the songs like a machine, they write their own songs and produce the music to their own songs, it takes a lot of work and they would never release anything that they don't feel is 100% how they wanted it to be, because of their passion for music. And in the meantime Lauren released a mixtape and a single as a solo artist (go listened it to btw, it's awesome)...

I'm not saying they are perfect, there are some topics that I wish they would talk about that they never do and are very common and current subjects, like LGBT, BLM, the elections (not that I mind them not sharing their political views, but only if to say like "go vote it's important"), etc...
Hey, people are allowed to have opinions on a band or “corporate” that put out content for audiences to enjoy. That’s all this is :)

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

Sorry for the double post but I watched the final or Guess Who’s Singing and my two main thoughts are:

1. Literally none of the others would have chosen a song from The Greatest Showman to sing, it could only have been Katherine.
2. I feel so sad for Amy that she wasn’t allowed to play soccer when she was a kid and wanted to be a soccer player when she grew up. Why, mom Cimorelli?

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

Yael wrote:

yeah i agree that they are a business after all. but i also don't feel like they've done a lot of band-related things off late. all bands are businesses, but in the last few years, it's become less about the music, and more gimmicky. even this singing show is somehow very generic, like anyone could've done it.
the entire point of being a band is to release music (original or covers). like others have pointed out, they seem to have become more of a general channel with a side focus on music. and it's not even original music. like personally, i'm fine with covers, but it's perfectly valid to question why a band isn't releasing original music.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Yael wrote:
I don’t watch them because I find their content over the last few years boring and repetitive lmao. But I’m here to discuss them because I was a fan at one point, I still follow some of the girls and… that’s literally the point of this thread.

But okay, I’ll bite. So they’re a “corporate”, alright, cool, fine. So, can they advertise themselves as that then, and not as a band? Just because they’ve talked about being a “corporate” doesn’t mean their content should be lacking, especially given that majority of their audience is a fan of them because of their music. How silly that this audience, who followed them for their music and band related content, is wishing they’d do more things involving music and the band. Such a crazy opinion to have!

If they don’t want to make music, fine. No one here has an issue with that. It’s that they had been making filler videos in the meantime that were very recycled and repetitive and minimal effort. It’s unfair to their audience to be lazy. If they’re ready for a change and want to move on to other things, cool! They should! But they should actually do it and not hover in this weird, in-between place because they haven’t put in the effort to change.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Also sorry for the double post lol. I was kinda surprised at Lisa’s baby name being Lily! I was honestly expecting her to pick something more off the wall and “unique”, but Lily is a very pretty name. It’s honestly nuts that 2/6 girls are moms now, and Katherine’s twins are coming next. But I love babies and I’m honestly kinda excited to see Lisa and Katherine’s transitions into motherhood lol.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

I love the name Lily too. I thought Lisa would be way too goofy to pick a good name, but she really did.

foreverlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by foreverlurker »

am I the only one disappointed in Dani's content lately? it's like she's trying to seek validation from the internet that all these reckless decisions her and Emmyn are making are gonna work out. They didn't have to move to LA. They did. They didn't have to buy a new car. They did. And her fishing out the "broke" card every now and then... no. Don't get me started on the "I know I'm not ugly, but I'm not pretty" videos she puts out every other week. I mean, yeah it's relatable but at this point it just looks like she's doing it to seek validation...

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

foreverlurker wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:32 am
am I the only one disappointed in Dani's content lately? it's like she's trying to seek validation from the internet that all these reckless decisions her and Emmyn are making are gonna work out. They didn't have to move to LA. They did. They didn't have to buy a new car. They did. And her fishing out the "broke" card every now and then... no. Don't get me started on the "I know I'm not ugly, but I'm not pretty" videos she puts out every other week. I mean, yeah it's relatable but at this point it just looks like she's doing it to seek validation...
I wonder why she's not showing off the Tesla more? Did her family disapprove of her spending so much on a car? I doubt Emmyn helped pay for it since he and Dani said his only job is his band...which is not actually making them money yet...

Dani's videos are also getting way less views and I don't think she has as many sponsors anymore.

Money has to come from somewhere. Hopefully it is just for validation and not the truth of their finances. I do think they're making stupid decisions but I don't want to see them suffer. They're just two kids really.

Shantel
Learner
Learner

Post by Shantel »

foreverlurker wrote:
I feel the same way and I saw the shift in her content and suspected that she wanted to appeal to a younger fan base that mostly watched TikTok. And then she confirmed my suspicions when she posted on her Instagram stories a few months ago that she did switch up her content because she wanted to build a middle school/high school aged audience. I think she figured that she could get more views (and money) by making more TikTok-esque/relatable girl inspired content, rather than having 20+ year old fans who may be more critical of her and expect more important topic sit-down videos.

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

Shantel wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:35 am
foreverlurker wrote:
I feel the same way and I saw the shift in her content and suspected that she wanted to appeal to a younger fan base that mostly watched TikTok. And then she confirmed my suspicions when she posted on her Instagram stories a few months ago that she did switch up her content because she wanted to build a middle school/high school aged audience. I think she figured that she could get more views (and money) by making more TikTok-esque/relatable girl inspired content, rather than having 20+ year old fans who may be more critical of her and expect more important topic sit-down videos.
I want to feel less cynical and think that she’s trying to offer support and guidance to younger people, the kind that she wishes she had rather than what she actually did which clearly conflicts with her own personal beliefs and ideology. But maybe you’re right.

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

Shantel wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:35 am
foreverlurker wrote:
I couldn't agree more!
I really liked her content in the beginning. I was enjoying her zero waste/environmentally friendly and life update vlogs. Her newest content has just been "I'm MARRIED living with mostly BOYS". And "I never get dressed up". I'm older than her new target audience so maybe that's why I don't enjoy the "I lived my life like aTikToker for a day" videos but IMO, the best content creators/TikTokers are the ones who are real! Not the ones who are trying too hard to get noticed. I feel like in the beginning she was actually real but now she is trying to put out videos she think will get views.

And yea, don't even get me started on the moving to LA thing. Obviously they have enough money saved to at least try it for a while.
But there are adults with degrees and careers in other states who come out here and struggle. People who come out here trying to make it in the industry often have to find day jobs unrelated to their dreams.

Good for them for following their dreams. It's kind of cool. But pulling out the "I'm broke" card when you're making payments on a tesla is hypocritical and insulting to people who are actually struggling. I'm interested in seeing how it goes.

Return to “Music”