Mass riots planned across the U.S over Michael Brown

sillyrabbit
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mass riots planned across the U.S over Michael Brown

Post by sillyrabbit »

Franny wrote:Don't commit a crime, don't give the police a reason to get out their gun, and there will be no problem. Simple as that.
And yet there have been problems many times.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

Bi-winning wrote:
No indictment and chaos erupts. Sigh.. What a shame. I feel sorry for the business owners that will have their stores destroyed and the law abiding citizens that may be hurt. Violence is not the answer.
Fox news does not air in Canada silly.
Actually...
Fox News Channel is currently offered by Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers Cable, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. Vidéotron, Canada's third-largest cable provider, has not added Fox News Channel to its lineup.
And yet again, I prove you wrong. Your life must really suck. You try to come off pretentious but in reality you're scum.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

sillyrabbit wrote:Ooooh, so he's a criminal because of his height and weight? Okidoki. Silly me. He's obviously guilty and deserved to die then. My bad. :roll:

Either you're trolling or you're one of the most ignorant people I have ever heard. You can go party with the rest of the KKK now.
Why are you making this about race? Just because I believe he wasn't innocent I'm a member of the KKK? Absolutely ridiculous. I am sorry but the evidence gathered does not support innocence, it supports that Michael Brown WAS the agressor and the officer acted out of threat. He charged and punched the officer in the face (official report released tonight confirmed) witnesses white and BLACK admitted this.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

Bi-winning wrote:
sillyrabbit wrote:Ooooh, so he's a criminal because of his height and weight? Okidoki. Silly me. He's obviously guilty and deserved to die then. My bad. :roll:

Either you're trolling or you're one of the most ignorant people I have ever heard. You can go party with the rest of the KKK now.
Why are you making this about race? Just because I believe he wasn't innocent I'm a member of the KKK? Absolutely ridiculous. I am sorry but the evidence gathered does not support innocence, it supports that Michael Brown WAS the agressor and the officer acted out of threat. He charged and punched the officer in the face (official report released tonight confirmed) witnesses white and BLACK admitted this.
The prosecutor also said that Darren Wilson never stood over Mike Brown's body. This picture states otherwise. So should we really believe what that so called official report said?

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

peachesnoranges wrote:
Bi-winning wrote:
No indictment and chaos erupts. Sigh.. What a shame. I feel sorry for the business owners that will have their stores destroyed and the law abiding citizens that may be hurt. Violence is not the answer.
Fox news does not air in Canada silly.
Actually...
Fox News Channel is currently offered by Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers Cable, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. Vidéotron, Canada's third-largest cable provider, has not added Fox News Channel to its lineup.
And yet again, I prove you wrong. Your life must really suck. You try to come off pretentious but in reality you're scum.
It can be ordered as a speciality channel but it's not broadcasted because it's a work of fiction. Why would I want to see some republican American puppets argue about why people shouldn't have access to public healthcare and how it's communist"?

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Some reading so all of you who don't think this was about race can educate yourselves properly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/2 ... 94364.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... tml#page=1

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... on-killing

And for the lazy:

edit: here's a stream of the protests
Last edited by loljokesss on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:toss:

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

I literally can't even tell if they're trolling because I've heard this shit from so many white people recently.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Franny wrote:Don't commit a crime, don't give the police a reason to get out their gun, and there will be no problem. Simple as that.
Simple minded people. Always missing the point. :roll:

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

Anyone who is currently inciting violence and destroying property is a hypocrite, regardless of what they're feeling.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I am sorry I made this thread. Americans are clearly obsessed with race. That's all you people focus on. See the facts beyond the race, is it not possible that this was not an issue of race and more of a confrontation gone wrong? How can you not process this. Mike Brown robbed a store, was confronted and likely resisted arrest. He was not racially profiled, he fit the *exact* description height, appearance and clothing wise down to the color of his socks of the person who robbed the store.
Last edited by white trash sparkles on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franny
Talker
Talker

Post by Franny »

^It's not simple minded, it's the root of the whole issue.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Bi-winning wrote:I am sorry I made this thread. Americans are clearly obsessed with race. That's all you people focus on. See the facts beyond the race, is it not possible that this was not an issue of race and more of a confrontation gone wrong? How can you not process this. Mike Brown robbed a store, was confronted and likely resisted arrest. He was not racially profiled, he fit the *exact* description height, appearance and clothing wise down to the color of his socks of the person who robbed the store.
So you shoot a unarmed person running away from you several times? Makes sense.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Bi-winning wrote:I am sorry I made this thread. Americans are clearly obsessed with race. That's all you people focus on. See the facts beyond the race, is it not possible that this was not an issue of race and more of a confrontation gone wrong? How can you not process this. Mike Brown robbed a store, was confronted and likely resisted arrest. He was not racially profiled, he fit the *exact* description height, appearance and clothing wise down to the color of his socks of the person who robbed the store.
Americans aren't obsessed with racism. They're fucking outraged with it. This is a clear issue about racism and if you would have read anything about the Ferguson issue in the past few months you would have noticed that Ferguson has a disproportionate black population with about 90% of the police officers, politicians, and others in charge being white. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST INCIDENT OF POLICE BRUTALITY IN FERGUSON.

Go read the articles above that I posted and you'll see that the black citizens in Ferguson ARE racially profiled. Same as how there is still gerrymandering in North Carolina. Same as how the South Carolina government won't recognize school districts that do not have the funds to educate students that have a large amount of black students. Same as how racism is still rampant where I live in South Carolina.

Not everything is a race-bait when its still a fucking issue. Get your head out of your ass.

Edit: It looks like the stream that I linked previously has been taken down due to a police agitator taking the streamer's phone. He's tweeting about it now @bassem_masri
Last edited by loljokesss on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Franny wrote:^It's not simple minded, it's the root of the whole issue.
It's simplifying a horrible situation in a very distasteful way.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

Olay wrote:
So you shoot a unarmed person running away from you several times? Makes sense.
I don't know what happened there, since I wasn't there, but wasn't there an autopsy that showed MB was shot a few times at close range? And I think there was blood on the officer's shirt. He may have been unarmed, but I don't think he was running away (at least, not at first).

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

The reason this story sparked such outrage is that it is not alone. Is it the story of a confrontation gone wrong? Yes. But there are many such stories, and the moral that is being told again and again is that in a confrontation that goes wrong, white people get the benefit of the doubt.
Be it between a cop and a suspect, or two regular citizens, if the dead body is black and the one holding the gun white, the burden of proof always seems to shift to the victim. Instead of the shooter proving self-defence, the victim will have their body drug-tested, have any wrong-doing broadcasted, have their name dragged through the mud. Meanwhile the person who has just killed someone is often free to go, their name protected or praised, their good deeds put before the public eye.

Black people are more likely to be singled out by police. Police in the US are told to shoot to kill if they feel threatened. Who are cops going to feel threatened by if not those they stop? Racism doesn't have to be KKK rallies, it can be a simple inherent failure in the system.

Franny
Talker
Talker

Post by Franny »

Olay wrote:
Franny wrote:^It's not simple minded, it's the root of the whole issue.
It's simplifying a horrible situation in a very distasteful way.
It is a horrible situation, indeed. There is no doubt that there is a racial issue in this case, but it is hard for me to feel empathy for a thief, plus, it's not like he was stealing food because he was starving; he was stealing cigars.

I am aware that there is elevated police brutality against African Americans, and of course, I believe it is wrong, like any decent human being should. Do I think it was justified in this case, or ever? No, but I don't believe Michael Brown was an innocent angel either.
Last edited by Franny on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sillyrabbit
Learner
Learner

Post by sillyrabbit »

Wilson basically executed an innocent* boy and got rewarded for it. He probably would have been indicted if he has shot a dog. 4/12 people got to decide that Michael deserved to die, there will be no real trial. Wilson's life isn't over, Michael's however is.
If you don't see anything wrong with that story, you haven't been paying enough attention.

*Innocent because there's no evidence he was guilty, because he had no weapons, because there were no signs of a struggle, because cops are protected by the law, because the system tried very hard to cover this all up, because he was on the ground when he was shot, because Wilson's camera was turned off, because several witnesses have said he had his hands up, because this case wasn't handled correctly, because even if he had done something wrong, he didn't deserve to die.

We're talking about race because this is about race, because this isn't the first time this has happened.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

loljokesss wrote:
Americans aren't obsessed with racism. They're fucking outraged with it. This is a clear issue about racism and if you would have read anything about the Ferguson issue in the past few months you would have noticed that Ferguson has a disproportionate black population with about 90% of the police officers, politicians, and others in charge being white. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST INCIDENT OF POLICE BRUTALITY IN FERGUSON.

Go read the articles above that I posted and you'll see that the black citizens in Ferguson ARE racially profiled. Same as how there is still gerrymandering in North Carolina. Same as how the South Carolina government won't recognize school districts that do not have the funds to educate students that have a large amount of black students. Same as how racism is still rampant where I live in South Carolina.

Not everything is a race-bait when its still a fucking issue. Get your head out of your ass.

Edit: It looks like the stream that I linked previously has been taken down due to a police agitator taking the streamer's phone. He's tweeting about it now @bassem_masri
It's unfortunate about the school system situation but it could also be rooted on classism. All school districts should be equal regardless of race and class.

In terms of the all white police officers working in a black community, from what I have read it was because not many black police officers wanted to work in Ferguson (read some articles) which is why they have the white force. However, do you really think an entirely black police force would be all that more compassionate? Not necessarily.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Obviously, because its not entirely within logic that black officers would go easier on the citizens. The point I was making was that Ferguson has a 2/3 black population and 3 out of 53 police officers are black. No politicians or higher ups are black. The point was also that the officers were racially profiling Ferguson citizens no matter what.

South Carolina has been this way for awhile. 50+ years. I've studied it for 3 years in SC law classes. From the looks of it, the police brutality in Ferguson isn't about to change, either.

Return to “News and Current Events”