Mass riots planned across the U.S over Michael Brown

Franny
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mass riots planned across the U.S over Michael Brown

Post by Franny »

^It's not simple minded, it's the root of the whole issue.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Bi-winning wrote:I am sorry I made this thread. Americans are clearly obsessed with race. That's all you people focus on. See the facts beyond the race, is it not possible that this was not an issue of race and more of a confrontation gone wrong? How can you not process this. Mike Brown robbed a store, was confronted and likely resisted arrest. He was not racially profiled, he fit the *exact* description height, appearance and clothing wise down to the color of his socks of the person who robbed the store.
So you shoot a unarmed person running away from you several times? Makes sense.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Bi-winning wrote:I am sorry I made this thread. Americans are clearly obsessed with race. That's all you people focus on. See the facts beyond the race, is it not possible that this was not an issue of race and more of a confrontation gone wrong? How can you not process this. Mike Brown robbed a store, was confronted and likely resisted arrest. He was not racially profiled, he fit the *exact* description height, appearance and clothing wise down to the color of his socks of the person who robbed the store.
Americans aren't obsessed with racism. They're fucking outraged with it. This is a clear issue about racism and if you would have read anything about the Ferguson issue in the past few months you would have noticed that Ferguson has a disproportionate black population with about 90% of the police officers, politicians, and others in charge being white. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST INCIDENT OF POLICE BRUTALITY IN FERGUSON.

Go read the articles above that I posted and you'll see that the black citizens in Ferguson ARE racially profiled. Same as how there is still gerrymandering in North Carolina. Same as how the South Carolina government won't recognize school districts that do not have the funds to educate students that have a large amount of black students. Same as how racism is still rampant where I live in South Carolina.

Not everything is a race-bait when its still a fucking issue. Get your head out of your ass.

Edit: It looks like the stream that I linked previously has been taken down due to a police agitator taking the streamer's phone. He's tweeting about it now @bassem_masri
Last edited by loljokesss on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:toss:

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Franny wrote:^It's not simple minded, it's the root of the whole issue.
It's simplifying a horrible situation in a very distasteful way.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

Olay wrote:
I don't know what happened there, since I wasn't there, but wasn't there an autopsy that showed MB was shot a few times at close range? And I think there was blood on the officer's shirt. He may have been unarmed, but I don't think he was running away (at least, not at first).

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

The reason this story sparked such outrage is that it is not alone. Is it the story of a confrontation gone wrong? Yes. But there are many such stories, and the moral that is being told again and again is that in a confrontation that goes wrong, white people get the benefit of the doubt.
Be it between a cop and a suspect, or two regular citizens, if the dead body is black and the one holding the gun white, the burden of proof always seems to shift to the victim. Instead of the shooter proving self-defence, the victim will have their body drug-tested, have any wrong-doing broadcasted, have their name dragged through the mud. Meanwhile the person who has just killed someone is often free to go, their name protected or praised, their good deeds put before the public eye.

Black people are more likely to be singled out by police. Police in the US are told to shoot to kill if they feel threatened. Who are cops going to feel threatened by if not those they stop? Racism doesn't have to be KKK rallies, it can be a simple inherent failure in the system.

Franny
Talker
Talker

Post by Franny »

Olay wrote:
It is a horrible situation, indeed. There is no doubt that there is a racial issue in this case, but it is hard for me to feel empathy for a thief, plus, it's not like he was stealing food because he was starving; he was stealing cigars.

I am aware that there is elevated police brutality against African Americans, and of course, I believe it is wrong, like any decent human being should. Do I think it was justified in this case, or ever? No, but I don't believe Michael Brown was an innocent angel either.
Last edited by Franny on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sillyrabbit
Learner
Learner

Post by sillyrabbit »

Wilson basically executed an innocent* boy and got rewarded for it. He probably would have been indicted if he has shot a dog. 4/12 people got to decide that Michael deserved to die, there will be no real trial. Wilson's life isn't over, Michael's however is.
If you don't see anything wrong with that story, you haven't been paying enough attention.

*Innocent because there's no evidence he was guilty, because he had no weapons, because there were no signs of a struggle, because cops are protected by the law, because the system tried very hard to cover this all up, because he was on the ground when he was shot, because Wilson's camera was turned off, because several witnesses have said he had his hands up, because this case wasn't handled correctly, because even if he had done something wrong, he didn't deserve to die.

We're talking about race because this is about race, because this isn't the first time this has happened.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

loljokesss wrote:
Americans aren't obsessed with racism. They're fucking outraged with it. This is a clear issue about racism and if you would have read anything about the Ferguson issue in the past few months you would have noticed that Ferguson has a disproportionate black population with about 90% of the police officers, politicians, and others in charge being white. THIS ISN'T THE FIRST INCIDENT OF POLICE BRUTALITY IN FERGUSON.

Go read the articles above that I posted and you'll see that the black citizens in Ferguson ARE racially profiled. Same as how there is still gerrymandering in North Carolina. Same as how the South Carolina government won't recognize school districts that do not have the funds to educate students that have a large amount of black students. Same as how racism is still rampant where I live in South Carolina.

Not everything is a race-bait when its still a fucking issue. Get your head out of your ass.

Edit: It looks like the stream that I linked previously has been taken down due to a police agitator taking the streamer's phone. He's tweeting about it now @bassem_masri
It's unfortunate about the school system situation but it could also be rooted on classism. All school districts should be equal regardless of race and class.

In terms of the all white police officers working in a black community, from what I have read it was because not many black police officers wanted to work in Ferguson (read some articles) which is why they have the white force. However, do you really think an entirely black police force would be all that more compassionate? Not necessarily.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

Obviously, because its not entirely within logic that black officers would go easier on the citizens. The point I was making was that Ferguson has a 2/3 black population and 3 out of 53 police officers are black. No politicians or higher ups are black. The point was also that the officers were racially profiling Ferguson citizens no matter what.

South Carolina has been this way for awhile. 50+ years. I've studied it for 3 years in SC law classes. From the looks of it, the police brutality in Ferguson isn't about to change, either.
:toss:

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Anonimal wrote:
Olay wrote:
I don't know what happened there, since I wasn't there, but wasn't there an autopsy that showed MB was shot a few times at close range? And I think there was blood on the officer's shirt. He may have been unarmed, but I don't think he was running away (at least, not at first).
He was shot once at close range, in/at the hand/thumb where the bullet traveled up to his wrist. He was shot six times total.

@Franny, I have no idea what him not being an innocent angel has to do with this. He did not deserve to die like this, deadly force was used against an unarmed man and how someone can't have empathy for Michael or any other person who found themselves in a similar situation like this is incomprehensible.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

Olay wrote:
Anonimal wrote:
Olay wrote:
He was shot once at close range, in/at the hand/thumb where the bullet traveled up to his wrist. He was shot six times total.

@Franny, I have no idea what him not being an innocent angel has to do with this. He did not deserve to die like this, deadly force was used against an unarmed man and how someone can't have empathy for Michael or any other person who found themselves in a similar situation like this is incomprehensible.
I knew how many times he had been shot total, just not how many at close range. Thanks for the clarification. I think him "not being an innocent angel" does influence the story a bit, as it gives us a small idea about his personality. A person who steals with no (apparent) remorse is probably more likely to start a scuffle with an officer than someone who never even thinks of stealing.
I agree with you that MB did not deserve to die, and the situation should have been approached completely differently.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Well that city is practically burning to the ground. What a f***ing disaster.

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

Franny wrote:
Olay wrote:
It is a horrible situation, indeed. There is no doubt that there is a racial issue in this case, but it is hard for me to feel empathy for a thief, plus, it's not like he was stealing food because he was starving; he was stealing cigars.

I am aware that there is elevated police brutality against African Americans, and of course, I believe it is wrong, like any decent human being should. Do I think it was justified in this case, or ever? No, but I don't believe Michael Brown was an innocent angel either.
So he deserved to be shot? He deserved to be killed?

This is the type of shit everyone's talking about. God.

ScarlettOlivia
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarlettOlivia »

^ That's not what I meant. Everyone is acting like he is an innocent child that is incapable of thought and did nothing wrong when he is a grown man who knew exactly what he was doing. He got himself into that situation. It ended badly, but if he wouldn't have been a thief it wouldn't have even happened in the first place.

Franny
Talker
Talker

Post by Franny »

^No, he didn't. That's not what I meant. Everyone is acting like he is an innocent child who did nothing wrong when he is a grown man who knew exactly what he was doing. He got himself into that situation. It ended badly, but if he wouldn't have been a thief it wouldn't have even happened in the first place.

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

Franny wrote:^No, he didn't. That's not what I meant. Everyone is acting like he is an innocent child who did nothing wrong when he is a grown man who knew exactly what he was doing. He got himself into that situation. It ended badly, but if he wouldn't have been a thief it wouldn't have even happened in the first place.
The robbery didn't even have anything to do with the shooting. Darren Wilson didn't even know Micheal was a suspect when he shot him.

http://www.newsweek.com/police-name-off ... son-264788

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/why-did-ferg ... tore-video

There have been many confirmed lies surrounding this entire case. So, the fact that you're just trying to dismiss this as some everyday police vs. criminal thing is very ignorant. There's a difference between that the media is fabricating and the account of the eye witnesses who were actually there when this took place.

You can even google "ferguson police lied" and it'll pull up a bunch of articles backing this up.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

^ Agree so much. He was not a gentle giant lol, in light of recent information he was a nasty individual who used his size as his weapon to intimidate others and get what he wanted. The officer would have had NO CHANCE against him, he feared for his life and was literally defenseless against this man. He had no choice! Literally no choice but to fire his weapon.

You all have been brain washed to think it was all about race!

Post by Guest »

Bi-winning wrote:^ Agree so much. He was not a gentle giant lol, in light of recent information he was a nasty individual who used his size as his weapon to intimidate others and get what he wanted. The officer would have had NO CHANCE against him, he feared for his like and was literally defenseless against this man. He had no choice! Literally no choice but to fire his weapon.
How many bullets does it take to subdue a man? He was shot six times! If Darren Wilson was only trying to protect himself, Mike Brown would still be alive, because Wilson would'n't have shot him in the fucking head AFTER shooting him twice already. It was murder, through and through.

And by the way, using "lol" in a topic this serious makes you a really big cunt.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

^ More information is coming to light. And you will learn the truth. Mike Brown kept charging and beating the officer despite the warning shots fired and even when he was hit! Do you honestly think this was a deliberate action on behalf of the officer? BS. Not in this case. Some people can't look beyond skin color so they deem the true perpetrator as an innocent. Michael Brown chose his fate.

Return to “News and Current Events”