Daytime soaps

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Daytime soaps

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I'm just wondering if anyone watches daytime soaps. And that can include online or from other countries. I watch days of our lives and young and the restless.

subject99
Learner
Learner

Re: Daytime soaps

Post by subject99 »

Coronation Street. I watch it on and off. I want to start at the very beginning now.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

My parents love coronation street they have been watching it for years. We live in Canada so the show is 9 months behind. I know on netflix you used to be able to
Watch some episodes of coronation street.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Sometimes I think about watching them but most of them have been on air for so long, there is no way I'd be able to catch up from the beginning and it would make no sense if I just started watching from the current episodes. =/
imma ball til the day i fall

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Once upon a time I was absolutely addicted to Days of Our Lives. I don't think I missed an episode all throughout the 90s (I would tape on my VCR and watch when I got home). Then something changed and I lost interest and I haven't seen a full episode now since 2001 or so. Every now and again I catch a glimpse if I go to the gym in the middle of the afternoon or at my dentists office and I'm shocked that all the same actors (for the most part) are still there.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

I still tape soaps especially since I work. I really like the storylines way back. When I first started wafxhing days. Yep a lot of the actors stay on but a lot have left. Like stefeno isn't a big part like he used to be. And the actor that played bo isn't coming back etc.

StrawberryShake
Talker
Talker

Post by StrawberryShake »

The only time I watch soaps is when I'm in the breakroom at my job and someone has the TV on during the day.

I remember I saw some clip and the acting was so over the top and awful. Two guys had guns and so did a girl and the background literally looked like the setting for a play. No lie.

I saw a few clips of "All My Children" a month ago on youtube when Jesse McCartney was younger, and I just remember someone kidnapped him and locked him in a cage. Then, I saw a few clips of Brittany Snow in "Guiding Light." She was decent enough as a then 13 year old in those clips.

I remember reading a guy saying on IMDb he religiously watched daytime soaps even though most of the actors are models who can read lines. Um, okay if the acting sucks that much, why continue watching?

youdriveme
Talker
Talker

Post by youdriveme »

I watch Y&R a couple times a week with my mother. She catches me up on all the juiciest of juicy. Before it was cancelled, I was pretty into All My Children.

McNewbie

Post by McNewbie »

The only daytime soaps I watch are Neighbours and Home and Away. I love them way more than the British soaps.

Return to “TV Shows”