Doctor.Who

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Doctor.Who

Post by tamithomas »

I feel cheap skated as shit at the last 30 seconds. What about the usual 30 second regeneration? Granted there was the huge one on top at the bell but still. And a repeat of the Tardis crashing, really? Seemed like a project you throw at on the bus on the way to school due that morning for that very last scene. The rest of the episode though holy mother of all Christmas specials that was one of the best ones yet!

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I feel cheap skated as shit at the last 30 seconds. What about the usual 30 second regeneration? A simple snap of the finger and done. Seemed so anti climatic. Granted there was the huge one on top at the bell but still. And a repeat of the Tardis crashing, really? Seemed like a project you throw at on the bus on the way to school due that morning for that very last scene. The rest of the episode though holy mother of all Christmas specials that was one of the best ones yet!

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

You're joking right? The episode itself was shit. It was so terrible. I agree about the quick regen but the goodbye. Oh god. Matts speech and then _______ showing up. I literally was bawling.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

clandestine wrote:You're joking right? The episode itself was shit. It was so terrible. I agree about the quick regen but the goodbye. Oh god. Matts speech and then _______ showing up. I literally was bawling.
Well I enjoyed the episode, as crazy and quirky as it was. It fit the Christmas holiday quite nicely. I was bawling too when Amelia and then Amy Pond appeared, to say goodbye to her "Raggedy Man." I'm looking forward to seeing Peter Capaldi's take on the role.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I felt the Christmas episode was all over the place, but really liked the quick regeneration. I was hoping it wouldn't be too long and drawn out. I really liked the how do you drive this thing line. I can't wait to see what Peter Capaldi does with it. It's just a shame he won't be allowed to do some Malcolm Tucker style swearing!

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

clandestine wrote:You're joking right? The episode itself was shit. It was so terrible. I agree about the quick regen but the goodbye. Oh god. Matts speech and then _______ showing up. I literally was bawling.
I personally loved the episode. It was definitely more all over the place than usual but I find that it fit Matt Smith perfectly as his version of the Doctor was a very all over the place style.

Don't get me started on the raggedy man scene, I was bawling like a baby. Although had to laugh at the terrible wig on Amy. Looked nothing like her actual hair.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I also felt like the episode was all over the place. I didn't feel it was a great Christmas episode at all. :(
The regeneration scene was also just a total let down. Especially compared to Davids. I'm sad to see Matt Smith go, but also love Peter Capaldi so am interested to see where it goes from here. I'll admit I teared up a little. Doctor Who just does that to me somehow. I think it's the music. It's always moving.
Agree on Amy's wig. It was a bit too obvious! :D

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Saw this on Facebook and found so funny yet true at the same time with the recent Matt Smith fangirls who know nothing about the show:

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

^ this. The past 2 doctors have been young and good looking now... Peter Capaldi hahaha that sudden regeneration probably scared the living hell out of tennant/smith fangirls, he's so oooold :shock: :lol:

I bet alot of people that watched the show will stop being as interested in it now.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Eeeeeeeeek, this has gotten me so excited! The first peak at the new series being filmed :D

[youtube][/youtube]

I have a feeling Capaldi is going to be awesome and will bring back to real feel of the Doctor. Don't get me wrong, the passed three have been awesome but modern. It's time to tap back into some classic Doctor Who.

peachesandcream
Talker
Talker

Post by peachesandcream »

What are your guys' opinions on Clara?

I really can't decide if I like her or not. She seemed like she was going to be an amazing character when first introduced, but since her introduction she has had barely any character development. I can't relate to her on any sort of level because I don't even know who she is, and how long has she been on the show? Since the beginning of season 7? It's very strange to me.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I like her. I'm sure she doesn't have long left. After all, new Doctor accounts for a new companion. But for the work she's done I feel like she did a good job. I feel like she's a mix of the ditsy companions that the Doctor started out with in the 60's and intelligence/strength of today's companions. I'm really praying we haven't seen the last of River Song. God I love her <3

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

tamithomas wrote:I like her. I'm sure she doesn't have long left. After all, new Doctor accounts for a new companion. But for the work she's done I feel like she did a good job. I feel like she's a mix of the ditsy companions that the Doctor started out with in the 60's and intelligence/strength of today's companions. I'm really praying we haven't seen the last of River Song. God I love her <3
Problem is that Clara has been lots of different people. She's that "impossible girl" who keeps dying and coming back. Most of what we've seen are snippets of her various lives and not a lot of the *companion* Clara.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

I'm still trying to like Clara. I want to but... Meh.

They did keep Rose around long after the regeneration of 9...( Gaaa I hope they change Clara out! )

So is this the very final incarnation of the Doctor? Or does he start over at square one since the time lords zapped him in the Xmas episode?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

eleventhirty wrote:I'm still trying to like Clara. I want to but... Meh.

They did keep Rose around long after the regeneration of 9...( Gaaa I hope they change Clara out! )

So is this the very final incarnation of the Doctor? Or does he start over at square one since the time lords zapped him in the Xmas episode?
They gave him additional regeneration energy. We don't know how many he has now (probably just enough to last as long as the series does! ;).

anitafurlan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by anitafurlan »

I just can't wait for august! I'm really curious about Capaldi :D
And I really like Clara. I had my doubts but in the end she won me ahahahaa :)

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I know right! Really excited to see what Capaldi can bring. I go back and forth if I really like Clara or not. Maybe it's because I was kind of disappointed when the whole Impossible Girl thing was finally resolved.

I've been meaning to watch some of the classic DW on Netflix in the break between seasons but keeping forgetting it to that lol.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

I don't really like Clara but I think that's because they made her into something too big too quickly, we didn't really know much about her and then suddenly she's repeatdly saved the doctor through his life? Eh, I don't really like that choice

I think Peter Capadali will be an amazing doctor but I don't really like his costumes, it's too impersonal and boring.

I still look forward to August 23rd thho :)

peachesandcream
Talker
Talker

Post by peachesandcream »

That series opener though!!!! I am sosoosoosososo excited for the new series. I'm sold on Capaldi - his more mature nature is such a refresher from the childishness of Matt Smith (don't get me wrong, I still love me some Smith.) I also really liked the dark vibe throughout the whole episode, it was very different from what I've seen in a while. The mood of the episode kind of reminded me of the Waters of Mars from series 4. I'm not really sure how I feel about Clara at this point though.

Also **********spoilers********* I'm very confused by the Missy character that randomly appeared at the end. Kind of ruined the flow of the episode for me, but that was really the only thing I didn't like about it.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

^I thought it might be River, that was the only person I could think of at the end^

I'm confused why they made such a big deal about Clara finding it weird having an old doctor? like she's supposed to of seen every doctor and there's been plenty of old doctors so it shouldn't of been a big deal and her of all people should know the doctor can regenerate into practically anyone.
I'm also wondering if they're going to bring up Pompeii or not, I hope they do
I think Peter Capadali is a great actor though I think his costume is a bit boring and plain, quite forgettable nothing really memorable?

Overall I think it was a good episode, just a little confusing in some parts

Return to “Sci-Fi”