Game of Thrones

SerenaV
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by SerenaV »

why are you so defensive lmao...i just disagree with your view/opinion on the show. its a tv show and its all open to interpretation

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by featherly »

But none of this is real life. True, in real life violence and rape don't always happen for a higher purpose but this is a story and it's just not good storytelling when plots are contrived, meaningless and/or unnecessary. Even worse imo when it deals with sensitive subject matter poorly and inaccurately.
Why did they spend so long in Mereen with Dany pretty much doing nothing except looking shocked for most of the season? Why did they have that stupid scene between Bron and the sand snakes? Why did she have to get naked? Why did Myrcella get killed then and there? Why didn't we see the Iron Bank more? Why did they make Arya kill Meryn Trant when she didn't in the books?
haha :lol: your guess is as good as mine. I'm glad very few people actually like the Dornish storyline let alone those god awful Sand Snakes. Plus they had to drag poor Bronn into that mess. D&D seem to just like adding naked ladies without supplementing them with actual story and/or character development. Same with Arya's killing, but I guess it makes sense to show that Arya is, for lack of a better phrase, really fucking scary. Still, it was gratuitous violence -- revenge plots are "sexy" for reviews, I suppose. Myrcella and Dany stories were just really bad pacing IMO, which is why I think they conveniently excluded the other part of Cersei's prophecy "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds." They think that everyone loves Dany so they just keep stretching her story out.

Everything this forum discussed over the past few days just highlight my biggest frustration with season 5: the sub-par storytelling. I just hope that season 6 is better. Does anyone know how many more seasons are lined up or how long the show will go?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

SerenaV wrote:why are you so defensive lmao...i just disagree with your view/opinion on the show. its a tv show and its all open to interpretation
I'm not being defensive, I'm expressing my opinion too. Usually this would be called a debate.
Pattern usually is when someone says the other is getting defensive, they are the one that is getting miffed. I like listening to all opinions and when I banter back I hope to get better understanding of why people think they do and new ideas about things. Sorry if that concept is lost on you.

I think there are at least going to be 2-3 more seasons. Even though they aren't following the books I think they will match the # of books to the # of seasons .... you know... if they get written (thinks about the picture of George flipping people off) *sigh*

And I do understand that this is fiction and not real life but again George addressed that in his interview too. But I do get it, I feel physically sick when I see, think, read, hear of rape. It's so awful. So I do hope it doesn't appear again or at least as scarringly in the next season without purpose.

D&D better know that they botched the sand snakes... I wanted a bad ass woman to look up to. And they were just very lack luster. Probably about now my favourties are still Arya, Cersei, Olenna and Margaery before she got incarcerated.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

SerenaV
Debater
Debater

Post by SerenaV »

onigiri815 wrote:
SerenaV wrote:why are you so defensive lmao...i just disagree with your view/opinion on the show. its a tv show and its all open to interpretation
I'm not being defensive, I'm expressing my opinion too. Usually this would be called a debate.
Pattern usually is when someone says the other is getting defensive, they are the one that is getting miffed. I like listening to all opinions and when I banter back I hope to get better understanding of why people think they do and new ideas about things. Sorry if that concept is lost on you.

I think there are at least going to be 2-3 more seasons. Even though they aren't following the books I think they will match the # of books to the # of seasons .... you know... if they get written (thinks about the picture of George flipping people off) *sigh*

And I do understand that this is fiction and not real life but again George addressed that in his interview too. But I do get it, I feel physically sick when I see, think, read, hear of rape. It's so awful. So I do hope it doesn't appear again or at least as scarringly in the next season without purpose.

D&D better know that they botched the sand snakes... I wanted a bad ass woman to look up to. And they were just very lack luster. Probably about now my favourties are still Arya, Cersei, Olenna and Margaery before she got incarcerated.
i just saw this but i asked why you were getting defensive cause i didn't know this was a 'debate' lmao i can never tell with people on the internet cause i dont know if its a debate or someone trying to talk me out of my opinion which just is a circle going around and around. a debate normally ends up in, okay i see your points but i agree to disagree but we kept talking in a circle?

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by featherly »

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Put it this way, GG is alot of things and yeah alot of the time its just people flinging their shit at each other. But in this thread at least, I try and keep a level head and actually want to throw POINTS around not just criticisms and personal attacks.
And while I agree to disagree the reason I keep the discussion going is because I want to hear more rebuttals to my points. It's how I learn new stuff and look at shit differently

SerenaV
Debater
Debater

Post by SerenaV »

onigiri815 wrote:Put it this way, GG is alot of things and yeah alot of the time its just people flinging their shit at each other. But in this thread at least, I try and keep a level head and actually want to throw POINTS around not just criticisms and personal attacks.
And while I agree to disagree the reason I keep the discussion going is because I want to hear more rebuttals to my points. It's how I learn new stuff and look at shit differently
fair enough. i just kind of felt like we were going in circles cause at the end of the day we just view it different ways. no hard feelings though

SerenaV
Debater
Debater

Post by SerenaV »

i'm sorry but i dont care what they told the president i don't believe jon is dead. i feel like next season it will be lets watch all season thinking jon is dead and then bam season finale he comes back which is a pretty cheap move on their behalf and if he is dead then honestly i dont really think i'll keep watching. the only characters i feel really invested in is dany and her story line isn't enough to make me keep watching when i can just read weekly synposis after the episode. i have no interest in a show that kills off all of my favorite characters lmao

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

I just caught up reading this entire thread. O.O

Anyway, I'm glad you guys weren't all too all riled up on Sansa's wedding night. Rape did happen in the show a lot before, so why are people getting all SJW mode and offended only at that moment? Jamie raped Cersei beside Joffrey's corpse, and although not rape, the worst moment in that show for a woman was Talisa Stark's pregnant belly getting ripped open. (Definitely in my top 3 for most fucked up moments in Game of Thrones.) I can understand if Sansa's their favorite character and they'd be upset, but boycotting the show over that is a big stretch of a reaction. RME at themarysue (?) and other sites that just boycotted the show over that. Besides, fucking Ramsay Snow Bolton was the perpetrator and this is the guy who castrated Theon Greyjoy for kicks.

I'm so confused with what's gonna happen to Dany now. I haven't read the latter books (and I don't think I want to because there's so much going on already), but does she look like she's in Westerosi territory or not? That sure doesn't look like Mereen.

Dorne was a total waste. And I love Oberyn and Ellaria, even if she got a very shitty storyline this season. The Sand Snakes were not as badass as they promised to be, and they were more like caricatures rather than actual characters. I rooted for Dorne a lot especially in Season 4, and now... :roll: But the 8th episode, Hardhome, was exactly what I thought Game of Thrones would be when I watched the first scene in the pilot. And 100/10 best episode in the show so far, would watch it alone again. More White Walker action please, but maybe we'll see that in the end I guess.

Let's face it, Jon Snow is dead.
But Jon Targaryen is alive.

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Anyone seen the picture of Jon Snow they released today?

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I got way too excited over it tbh. April can't come soon enough.

Probably just a coincidence but I like how this poster was released the day after a certain Walking Dead reveal.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Suzan
Informer
Informer

Post by Suzan »

There is a new trailer released today! :D
Image Image Image
I am so tired of terrible people. Being admired for being terrible people.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

YOU KNOW NOTHING

(i'm a little excited)

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Any thoughts on season 6 so far?

Been really pleased so far. Expect for Dorne ha! (Just a salty book reader)

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Ugh I'm not interested in Dorne whatsoever!

I'm liking it. Even though most of us predicted what was going to happen with Jon, I was still like "OH MY GOD!!!" at the tv when it happened :rofl:

Excited to see what happens with Sansa/Theon and also the Ramsey storyline, even though he's the absolute worst.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

i'm glad that bran is finally back.

the first two episodes have been a bit slow for me though.

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

To me if feels like it has gone slow but at the same time individual story lines have moved on quicker than usual, as though they are getting everything in to place for some major plot developments/battles. I hope! I'm excited and glad it is back! I wonder what happened to Hodor to make him not be able to speak properly anymore?

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Yeah if I think back to the last season when the first 4 episodes leaked, I thought they were quite slow and a little bit uneventful but it seems like they were setting up for the last 3/4 episodes that were all epic! Hopefully that's what is happening this year.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I've seen a few reviews saying that episode 1 and 2 should of been combined. They both where good openings for this season.

However, the preview for episode 3 has me really hyped!

Return to “Fantasy”