Should Religious Slurs Be Banned From Threads?

Should religious slurs be banned again?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 am

YES
30%
NO
51%
INDIFFERENT
19%

Total votes: 80

illegal_mind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Should Religious Slurs Be Banned From Threads?

Post by illegal_mind » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 am

here's the big difference. the n word, the f word, those are words used to attack minorities. christians aren't an opressed minority. most times they're the ones doing the opressing. saying fuck next to the word god not only isn't opressing christians, it's also not attacking them in any sort of way.
and like it's been said before, if you're that religious that god and fuck being in the same sentence bothers you, you shouldn't be participating in a gossip site. because if you're religious enough to not want blasphamy, you should be religious enough to not want gossip
The Internet knows all your secrets

fizzwizz12
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:36 am

stop the banning. if you have a problem, ignore it. it's not about respect or disrespect. they are words, you have the choice whether or not to make them more than what they are. anyway, i'm glad that we aren't going to ban things. too many people have to censor themselves because someone else doesn't like it. hell, we ALL have to in our every day lives. for the love of GOD let us be able to say what we want, when we want, how we want. free will is pretty neat when you don't have others laying their issues on you.

thanks for the vote. by the by, using any swear/slang words before god or christ, is not a slur. like illegal_mind has so graciously explained COUNTLESS times.

so we are all clear. i am an equal opportunity offender. the more you get offended the more i intentionally will offend you. i'm like this in real life. it's a much better way to live.
“I’ve never been an inspiration before…I don’t like this much responsibility.”

Meomix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Meomix » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:40 am

When this thread first started i thought religious slurs meant an attack on religious groups, to find out it mostly means it's an offense on the "emperor" (who can't conveniently say whether or not he is offended) is such a bullshitty slippery slope of an argument it makes me cry.

auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by auntiflo13 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:14 am

Survey closed. Things to remain as they are. Thanks to all who participated
'I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good!'

Return to “GG Contests and Polls”