BeautyCrush part 5

LemonandLime
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyCrush part 5

Post by LemonandLime »

The way she acted in that video I could totally feel how awkward she felt. I've felt like that before and I know that when it shows so strongly on the exterior, you can bet your bottom dollar she was feeling REALLY REALLY shy an awkward, like not the kind of thing you can fake your way out of. I don't know, I go through phases of being really shy, and then confident. sometimes I get so shy that I have to get my boyfriend to talk to people for me cos I just can't. If I was directing that bootcamp thing I would be getting really frustrated with Sammi, it probably wasn't a good experience for her. I can imagine she hasn't watched it back and if she has it probs upset her.

shitgurussay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shitgurussay »

How can you be so shy though? She's a damn you tuber for gods sake!

canachi
Informer
Informer

Post by canachi »

Sam has said she's shy in the past but I didn't think how she acted in that video was as awkward as you guys made out at all :?

Maybe it's because I suffer from pretty severe social anxiety so can be really awkward and weird around new people but apart from her body language I didn't think she was acting that shy at all. She was either given a really dull script and questions or no script so was put on the spot to come up with things to ask, which would be a bit awkward for a lot of people to do.

Also I think Sam might just not that good at expressing herself through language full stop lol. At lot of people who are shy are much better at expressing themselves through writing instead of talking but even her blog posts are bland and not very descriptive. That paired with her shyness is probably what made it seem so boring.

Post by Guest »

The girl is just as dry as her crispy weave! She has zero personality/charisma. She's lucky she hopped on the youtube bandwagon when she did because if she tried to "make it" now she wouldn't stand a chance. I feel like if you had to sit and have a conversation with her it would just be awkwardly long pauses, giggling & random outbursts of energy where she would get excited about talking about coffee or something equally as boring, then back to silence.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

^^^^ loool that so seems like what would happen!!!
I'm quiet and kinda shy so can be the same but when I have to bring it, I bring it.
Her awkwardness may have not been the worst but she was presenting and she didn't assert the situation enough for what she was asked to do and it was uncomfortable to watch. Or maybe she really was given a rubbish/no script.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

AgentProvacteur wrote:
frizzzx86 wrote: the funny thing is that she says she's half Guyanese. while i'm sure there are Guyanese people of african descent, Guyanese people are more descendent from India. they have long black, thick hair. unless she means her dad was from Guinea which is in Africa. aside from her hair, her features don't look Guyanese either. eh doesn't matter much I suppose.

and she can absolutely pull off dark hair. she wore her hair natural once in a video and it looked awesome. her har s brown and complimented her eyes. how can you not pull off your natural hair color?? it doesn't make sense. she should just admit that she wants to look more mixed race. i wonder if jason has ever seen her without a weave...and I wonder fi she's ever seen him without a beard!! (as someone else asked before) hahaha
Um, there are tons of black people in Guyana. They're over 30% of the population.

i stand corrected

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

i am shy and socially awkward and all that. but this girl is in her mid 20s? it's time to grow up. i get so nervous speaking to one person or a room full of people, that I physically shake. but guess what, i'm being a big girl and dealing with it by taking classes in law school where i am FORCED to speak up. it's hard but i have to do it in order to succeed in my line of work. sam is or almost is 25, she has to grow up. she can be shy in social situations as much as she wants, but this is supposed to be HER JOB. if she interviews for a normal job like that, then she's not getting any jobs. so she should sit her little butt down, and find some classes that help people open up (like improv) or see a doctor (there's no shame). the cutesy ,shy girl isn't cute at 30. she wants to play house and move in with men and live a grown up life? then, she should act like it.

LeGossip
Talker
Talker

Post by LeGossip »

AgentProvacteur wrote:
frizzzx86 wrote: the funny thing is that she says she's half Guyanese. while i'm sure there are Guyanese people of african descent, Guyanese people are more descendent from India. they have long black, thick hair. unless she means her dad was from Guinea which is in Africa. aside from her hair, her features don't look Guyanese either. eh doesn't matter much I suppose.

and she can absolutely pull off dark hair. she wore her hair natural once in a video and it looked awesome. her har s brown and complimented her eyes. how can you not pull off your natural hair color?? it doesn't make sense. she should just admit that she wants to look more mixed race. i wonder if jason has ever seen her without a weave...and I wonder fi she's ever seen him without a beard!! (as someone else asked before) hahaha
Um, there are tons of black people in Guyana. They're over 30% of the population.

Also about her not "having Guyanese features", I'm Dutch/African, but everyone (even my own family) tell me I look Asian and have Asian features and I don't look African at all. So you can't really say she doesn't have those Guyanese features in my opinion ;)

2012myusername

Post by 2012myusername »

as soon as she walked into the room and hugged whoever I knew it would be a painful video to watch. Maybe if she stopped being a lazy person at home with coffees and feeling sorry for her lonely self at home whilst waiting for her bf to arrive, and actually did something. She could gain confidence and talk to other people, rather than ruining videos with her lack of anything. No positive body language, no confidence, no personality. Limp, wet fish.

Chilly432
Learner
Learner

Post by Chilly432 »

I don't really think she has a racial complex or is 'trying to look more mixed.' You can tell she's mixed from a mile away, green eyes, relatively pale for a mixed race person. However, I do think she hates her hair, in fact she's even said it in a video before. I agree, blonde does nothing for her. Idk why she says she can't pull off dark hair when dani is much lighter than her and can work it fine

Post by Guest »

^^^ she knows she can pull off dark hair, but she just refuses to accept it. Dark hair on a part black girl is too bland/ordinary for her. She's desperate to look exotic, thus she forces the blonde. Typical sammi: insists on something despite how obviously unflattering it is, simply because she is so desperate to fit into her perception of perfection.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Not only is dark hair her natural colouring it actually does truly suit her. But she's so set on a certain image (one I'm not sure of, and is kind of her perogative) but blonde doesn't look THAT good on her. When it's styled right etc yeah okay, but when she's makeup-less or dressed down she looks kind of... common...? Maybe if it was a more interesting blonde then yeah. But she looks pretty standard to me.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

However the short blonde bob she wore in her early yt days looked sooooo good on her!

Return to “BeautyCrush”