BotchedCrush - Samantha Maria Part 21

Re: BotchedCrush - Samantha Maria Part 21

Post by Guest »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 am
Oh god here she goes again advertising the gnome’s services
I hate the arrogance of this nobody photographer expecting people to come to HIM with business proposals. he should be out there hustling, trying to get bids for projects on his own. he is in no position in his career to think that he is sought after or desired.

Tinashe2On
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tinashe2On »

They are not divorcing even though it would benefit her mental health. She's too far in with Jason to ever do that unless he did something drastic like what happened between Nikki and Jamie Perkins.

funkyfresh
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by funkyfresh »

palmer wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:10 am
Mixedbaby wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 am
Oh god here she goes again advertising the gnome’s services
He is so gross. And when is he going to get it through that gnome head of his that NO ONE is going to pay for him to take pictures? Even Sam herself wouldn't hire him to take pics for her jewelry brand :rofl: Get your ass off the couch and find a REAL job, Jason! Your wife needs help!!!!!

11A583F4-5646-44FB-B916-EA7F5CAA56B3.png
Wow that photo. So professional. I really want to hire him. He seems very serious.
english is not my native language so pls bare with me while i'm trying to make sense :-)

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Those lips!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ Glad it's not just me that can't stand these photos. I used to be so inspired by her, not anymore!

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

^^ LORD.

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

fillers & facetune...
yawns*

smg19
Debater
Debater

Post by smg19 »

It’s weird that she gets lip fillers because her natural lips aren’t even small. Is there a filter on that pic?

whatliesbeneath
Learner
Learner

Post by whatliesbeneath »

Ive just watched her skincare journey vlog. I wonder if she is on any contraception? Because hormonal, and even depression/anxiety etc can disrupt your hormones. There are lots of different ones she should probably try different ones.

Alot of the comments are saying that the person she is seeing is giving her bad advice and telling her to get unnecessary products. I am not an esthetician or a dermatologist but underlying factors are what needs to be dealt with!! Not just trying different products every day

karielia
Stalker
Stalker

Post by karielia »

My first time posting here, but I wanted to say how frustrated I was by Sammi's new skincare video. I do feel a bit sorry for her. :(

I checked out the woman that Sammi went to see, and it's pretty obvious from her website that she's an esthetician rather than a dermatologist - she runs a studio that does microneedling, laser hair removals, facials, etc. Now, estheticians often know a lot about skin - but she's not medical dermatologist. Rather than seeking a recommendation from a friend and going to a salon, Sammi should have gone to see her GP...!

There are so many red flags: the fact that the woman is giving Sammi chemical peel treatments - definitely not something to do on a person who's trying to figure out what the heck is going on with their skin! And then that she asked Sammi to purchase an entire range of products from an expensive brand (Aluminer MD) - a brand that has a partnership with the salon (you can see it on the salon's website). So these aren't necessarily the best products for Sammi's skin - they're just a line of products that the salon is trying to sell (because the esthetician will get a commission for every one that she sells). Aluminer MD is a brand that I would be worried about using anyway - there is very little information about it online, and from what you can find out about it, their ingredients seem to be very strong (acids, retinols, etc - not the sort of thing to dump on a patient whose skin is freaking out!) and very overpriced.

It's also a bad idea to switch to an entirely new range of products overnight anyway - no wonder her skin is reacting badly. Any dermatologist worth their salt would have advised Sammi to strip back to minimal products, and then to gradually introduce new things into her routine so that they could work out what was/wasn't working or triggering a reaction. And they probably would have also put her on some kind of pill or prescription treatment, because it looks (to me) like hormonal acne.

As I say, I do feel really sorry for Sammi that she's getting this kind of bad advice, and doesn't seem to understand the route to getting the proper medical treatment that her skin needs. It's a problem that a lot of people struggle with - not knowing where to get the best advice - and nobody likes having bad skin. I'm sure it's really damaging her confidence. But I don't think this treatment programme is going to solve her problems (it might even make them worse!). She really needs to educate herself (and there are loads of YouTube channels that can teach you about skincare ingredients, etc), or to go to a trusted dermatologist who will actually try and improve her skin, not just try to sell her products. Several people are telling her this in the comments, but she said in the video that she didn't want to hear people's advice, so I'm not sure if it's going to get through to her... :?

(And, as a side point, some people in the comments are also offering really bad skin advice and product recommendations...! So I understand it's difficult for Sammi to know who to trust. But the solution is simple - go and see a doctor, and get a referral to a proper dermatologist...!)

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ based on all of this we can only conclude that this girl is a dummy. So many contacts in the industry and she can't make use of it. We already know she lacks common sense but wow. honestly agree that she should go to her GP and get a referral, even if she can't stand the wait times they can give her a decent list of people she can see privately. It's honestly not that hard.

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

Pfff everything Sammi posts is depressing at this point. I also feel like she is always openly complaining about healthcare professionals and how they don’t get her or can’t help her, but maybe it’s just me. In the past it’s been therapists, dermatologists or even regular GPs such as today. It’s not because 1 doctor is dismissive that you have to isolate yourself and be reluctant to accept advice from any healthcare professional Sammi, please just seek help. She honestly exhausts me 😩
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

Mixedbaby wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:18 am
Pfff everything Sammi posts is depressing at this point. I also feel like she is always openly complaining about healthcare professionals and how they don’t get her or can’t help her, but maybe it’s just me. In the past it’s been therapists, dermatologists or even regular GPs such as today. It’s not because 1 doctor is dismissive that you have to isolate yourself and be reluctant to accept advice from any healthcare professional Sammi, please just seek help. She honestly exhausts me 😩
She was in a&e with a non emergency. Sucks about the dismissive doctor and the fact she seems to be experiencing some health issue but waiting hours when your life isn't in immediate danger is standard.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

She's exhausting. Incapable of making any good decisions for herself, even as a 30 year old married woman/mother! Your job is making you depressed? Get a new one (don't just stay in a job that's been affecting your mental health for months/years). Your skin is terrible? Go see a dermatologist (don't just go to an esthetician who's only interested in selling you products). Feeling under the weather? Book a GP appointment (don't clog up the emergency services when they're busier than ever, and waste 6 hours of your time waiting for something non-urgent). She's constantly wallowing in self pity and as a viewer it's extremely off putting. I go on youtube/instagram for entertainment. I have enough problems of my own, I don't need to be hearing about HER problems constantly on top of it!

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

saywhatyouwant2me wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:40 am
Mixedbaby wrote:
She was in a&e with a non emergency. Sucks about the dismissive doctor and the fact she seems to be experiencing some health issue but waiting hours when your life isn't in immediate danger is standard.
Honestly I feel for her because I'm such a wuss when it comes to doctors and them being dismissive of me, but you know what, I book an appointment with another doctor if one is giving me shit. Yes it's annoying but it's my health. So whilst I feel for her I don't get her moaning on SM.
What I don't understand is why she didn't call 111? Why go to a&e for a non emergency? 111 are brilliant and if they think your symptoms are bad will direct you to an after hours, you wait a minimal amount of time and they are already prepped with what could be wrong.

I was going to say this before when we were talking about the dermatologist thing but I'm surprised she doesn't have private healthcare, not saying she can't use the NHS if she does, but a lot of office jobs do offer it and I'm sure she could join on her salary. It would probably be easier for her to talk to a doctor because she doesn't have to push as much. I've found they are more helpful (I mean I know why) when I have used them.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

bitchesbelike wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:56 am
saywhatyouwant2me wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:40 am
Mixedbaby wrote:
Honestly I feel for her because I'm such a wuss when it comes to doctors and them being dismissive of me, but you know what, I book an appointment with another doctor if one is giving me shit. Yes it's annoying but it's my health. So whilst I feel for her I don't get her moaning on SM.
What I don't understand is why she didn't call 111? Why go to a&e for a non emergency? 111 are brilliant and if they think your symptoms are bad will direct you to an after hours, you wait a minimal amount of time and they are already prepped with what could be wrong.

I was going to say this before when we were talking about the dermatologist thing but I'm surprised she doesn't have private healthcare, not saying she can't use the NHS if she does, but a lot of office jobs do offer it and I'm sure she could join on her salary. It would probably be easier for her to talk to a doctor because she doesn't have to push as much. I've found they are more helpful (I mean I know why) when I have used them.

Hmmm I've called 111 more than a few times and they always referred me to a&e. At the risk of boring everyone I was suffering with joint inflammation in my chest, anxiety and a bout of gastro during an 8 month period so my symptoms were along the lines of tingling left arm, shortness of breath, tummy ache, nausea, tight chest... I've never been referred to out of hours although I definitely would have preferred that seeing as it always turned out I wasn't in grave danger.

Only difference is, as scared as I was at the time due to my anxiety, I knew better than to complain about the wait because they were tending to people who clearly needed more urgent care than me.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ ahh I'm sorry to hear that!
Tbh after 6 hours I think I'd be pissed enough in her position to demand the doctor doesn't brush me off!!

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Hm it depends. Honestly it’s clear as day she suffers from anxiety and depression, like someone upthread said it’s likely doing things to her hormones too, hence the bad skin and whatnot. And you’d be surprised the physical symptoms you can get from mental health. I’ve been there and have ended up in doctors offices AND the ER several times with the craziest and scariest symptoms. I would describe it like Sammi does— that is, hard to describe, knowing your body is just off, trying to articulate, and especially the part about the symptoms bothering you for weeks or months and finally one night leading to a panic to the ER. GPs/Doctors are definitely better now than they were even 5-6 years ago with this stuff... however emergency rooms are designed for urgent care, they are overworked, and they will indeed brush you off if you have vague And untroubling (to them) symptoms that indicate in every way this is anxiety or depression. That said you should always push your doctor to run tests, every ER that I went to always at least did a blood test or scan or something.

As for the wait time, it’s called being triaged. Evidently the nurses who saw her over those hours knew or assumed that she was in less need than those ahead of her. Yet she still got seen and IMO 6 hours at an ER isn’t that bad at all.

Btw of course there are mistakes made in these cases and of course you need to be your biggest advocate. The best course for Sammi would be to find a nice GP who will run all the tests she wants and will be able to help treat her mental health too.

emee80
Talker
Talker

Post by emee80 »

Her post is so confusing,

I have a mental health condition but not suffering from it, BUT if someone is having psychosis, suicidal etc yes then you would go to A&E but still it could be hours for them to call in an on call psychiatrist

If you have depression/panic attack etc this you would not go to A&E for, her post doesn't say her symptoms, of course a doc may come across as dismissive as in their power A&E can only do some much for mental health, even in severe cases of people being suicidal they often get sent home as they just don't have the beds, and would be under a crises team with a number to call....and the shortages in these areas is ridiculous, the route is always GP first who would refer to the relevant services, or in most areas you can self refer online. I feel a bit sad really, there's so much help for people but it's down to the individual to improve too and make changes in their life and the way they think in terms of thought processes but A&E is really for worse case scenarios, unless she went for a physical reason, I don't know I can't be bothered with vague posts

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

^^ I’m not saying she went there to be treated for anxiety or depression, but rather that those issues can cause symptoms that mimic other health issues and often scare people so much that they end up at the doctors constantly OR in emergency rooms insisting there is something wrong with them... and it takes a long time to “accept” that it’s coming from mental health. That’s not to say you imagine the symptoms, they’re real, it’s just about where they’re coming from.

Return to “BeautyCrush”