BeautyCrush - Part 10

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BeautyCrush - Part 10

Post by monki »

Everyone I know says "cross-ant" I'm pretty sure thats just the just how t's pronounced in Britain but correct me if I'm wrong.

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by jonsnowsbabymama »

monki wrote:Everyone I know says "cross-ant" I'm pretty sure thats just the just how t's pronounced in Britain but correct me if I'm wrong.
Me and people I know pronounce it "criss-ont."

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

jonsnowsbabymama wrote:
monki wrote:Everyone I know says "cross-ant" I'm pretty sure thats just the just how t's pronounced in Britain but correct me if I'm wrong.
Me and people I know pronounce it "criss-ont."
Maybe it's just a regional thing.

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

I'm in the UK and pronounce it 'cwa-son'. That looks weird as hell but is sounds right.

rhi14
Debater
Debater

Post by rhi14 »

Brigante wrote:
I'm in the UK and pronounce it 'cwa-son'. That looks weird as hell but is sounds right.
Also from the UK, have lived in Chester, Wales, Cornwall, Surrey, and London, and the majority of people I know say it in the French pronounciation. I can't think of anyone who says it otherwise off the top of my head (it bugs the hell out of me when Sammi does it), but it's not the most common word I suppose.

To me it's like saying Fillet Mignon as 'fil-let-mig-none' rather than 'fil-ay-meen-yon'. Probably biased because I speak French...

Also sorry not sorry for causing the off topic debate. This is probably more interesting than her current content discussion, which is saying something.

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry to derail the croissant and steak talk (which, btw, I say fil-ay-meen-yon' as an American, isn't that the proper way to say it?) for something that gets mentioned all the time, but what even is her weave?

I've never gotten mine professionally done (I'm partial to clip-ins) but can someone explain what her hairdresser is doing? Is it a full sew-in? It looks like the top half is blonde extensions and the bottom is neglected new growth. :o Like, what's happening?

rhi14
Debater
Debater

Post by rhi14 »

jonsnowsbabymama wrote:Sorry to derail the croissant and steak talk (which, btw, I say fil-ay-meen-yon' as an American, isn't that the proper way to say it?) for something that gets mentioned all the time, but what even is her weave?

I've never gotten mine professionally done (I'm partial to clip-ins) but can someone explain what her hairdresser is doing? Is it a full sew-in? It looks like the top half is blonde extensions and the bottom is neglected new growth. :o Like, what's happening?

Yeah, that's the right way to say it haha.

And while it's a bit of a tired discussion, as a white female (sadly, also currently single but not in that way fml) I honestly have little to no idea about how to manage her hair - tbh all I know is how to deal with my hair, couldn't do anyone else's to save my life unless it just involved straightening. I find it really interesting, as obviously there is a lot of diversity in GG users, to see the opinions of people who DO know how to manage it. I also know that it's a culture thing, and I see being involved and embracing that culture when you're a part of it to be a very good thing. Which is also why it makes me a bit sad to see her refusing to recognise it/people recognising how damaged her hair is. I used to really love her hair when it was curly and had a lot more volume, I also think going blonder washes her out and she looks much healthier with either a caramel tone or darker.

It also makes me wonder what demographic she'd like to target in her newer content, I think if she embraced her natural hair she'd probably gain more viewers and her older subscribers would love to see her rising up to the challenge. I doubt she'd lose any viewers if she did that, but it's interesting to see how (for lack of a better way of stating it, as I'm not sure I 100% agree) with Jason getting her to appear 'more white' and neglecting her hair like this, she is losing viewers.

I'd like to know where she thinks her channel is going and what direction she wants to head in.

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

rhi14 wrote: as a white female (sadly, also currently single but not in that way fml)
LOL :rofl:
rhi14 wrote:It also makes me wonder what demographic she'd like to target in her newer content, I think if she embraced her natural hair she'd probably gain more viewers and her older subscribers would love to see her rising up to the challenge. I doubt she'd lose any viewers if she did that, but it's interesting to see how (for lack of a better way of stating it, as I'm not sure I 100% agree) with Jason getting her to appear 'more white' and neglecting her hair like this, she is losing viewers.

I'd like to know where she thinks her channel is going and what direction she wants to head in.

That's actually really interesting to think about. I subscribed to Sammi because I'm bi-racial and most of the beauty gurus on YT are white (or cater to a majority white audience). There are black beauty-gurus but I can't exactly relate to them either. Sam was one of those, "in the middle" channels like SunKissAlba that actually helped me until Sam decided to go super blonde and stop going into the sun. lol. I did read in one of the older subs that Jason referred to her as the n-word and who knows how that could have affected her, especially if she already saw being black as something negative. :(

Anyway, I definitely think she'd gain a bigger following if she'd realize she was half black and embraced it. She just seems very off in terms of knowing herself, lately.

seriouslywrong
Learner
Learner

Post by seriouslywrong »

jonsnowsbabymama wrote:
rhi14 wrote: as a white female (sadly, also currently single but not in that way fml)
LOL :rofl:
rhi14 wrote:It also makes me wonder what demographic she'd like to target in her newer content, I think if she embraced her natural hair she'd probably gain more viewers and her older subscribers would love to see her rising up to the challenge. I doubt she'd lose any viewers if she did that, but it's interesting to see how (for lack of a better way of stating it, as I'm not sure I 100% agree) with Jason getting her to appear 'more white' and neglecting her hair like this, she is losing viewers.

That's actually really interesting to think about. I subscribed to Sammi because I'm bi-racial and most of the beauty gurus on YT are white (or cater to a majority white audience). There are black beauty-gurus but I can't exactly relate to them either. Sam was one of those, "in the middle" channels like SunKissAlba that actually helped me until Sam decided to go super blonde and stop going into the sun. lol. I did read in one of the older subs that Jason referred to her as the n-word and who knows how that could have affected her, especially if she already saw being black as something negative. :(

Anyway, I definitely think she'd gain a bigger following if she'd realize she was half black and embraced it. She just seems very off in terms of knowing herself, lately.

I sub to her for the exact same reason! I cant relate to white ytrs (in beauty and hair wise) and i cant relate to black youtubers. When i find Sammi, i though she might help more. I started watching when she had that curly beautiful hair but now is such a mess. She is used to be more tan too, now she even wears lighter foundation, if I were younger I would take that as model the I should not embrace my curly hair and my "coffee like" skin.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

Brigante wrote:I see today she had a rant about people daring to point out the state of her disgusting, dog haired covered coat when she went for a 'business meeting', even her mother mentioned it apparently and I doubt very much she's a 'hater'. Always ready to play the victim instead of taking responsibility for her sloppy ways - style guru, my arse!

Lots of 'happy' couple footage of her and the gnome as well...it's almost as if she reads here ;)
this sums up Sam as a person, in her relationships with men, her career, her mental health... she's always the victim and shit just happens to her. Let's see how holding on to Jason and marrying him will work out for her, in a few years she'll be making a video about her being the victim when it comes to him too. Sam, everyone know you don't marry the rebound guy :?

Return to “BeautyCrush”