BotchedCrush - Samantha Maria Part 21

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: BotchedCrush - Samantha Maria Part 21

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

babylawyer wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:22 pm
I just came here to say this: 3 yrs ago I was at boxpark. She was about to have an event there. I walked by her and did a double take cos i recognised her. She smiled at me really widely and kindly. And I was v struck by how warm n kind she seemed. I wish I had stopped to have a chat but Im a little socially anxious so I didnt.

No one’s perfect. But she’s certainly not horrible, nasty or mean spirited.
Yeah I met her during her break up with Ricky with a Tasha, Mennar and a guy who looked very similar to Jason but I now realise wasn't lol. I was reporting on an event and only took a picture of her and said hi but she looked like she expected me to recognise her but I played it cool. She was really sweet and seemed more than open to however I was going to interact with her.

Especially as someone who has social anxiety. She criticises herself for probably coming off as weird when she meets followers but I think she does really well. I don't have social anxiety but I bet I wouldn't always be "on" like she seems to be.
David2re12 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 pm
She posted this on her Instagram feed. I understand that raising children is hard but, I think she was never ready for kids in the first place. Jason wanted kids so bad when they used to hang out with the Michalaks. Sam changes her Identity based off of trends and what she sees other YouTubers doing. Her life is one big fad or trend, remember when she wanted two kids I wonder what happened about that. She cut her hair for like a week and then went back to the blonde mop.
Is it me or is her social media way more... Depressive now? But in a dark, sarcastic way. Not in a worrying way. But she keeps mentioning not being in a good mood, hiding her feelings, needing to be cheered up.

It's clearly she has a sarcastic sense of humour and if anyone was to comment this to her she'd say she was just being light-hearted and real but it's interesting.

Pie1910
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pie1910 »

I think I’m a bit out of the loop but what happened with the Michalaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David2re12
Informer
Informer

Post by David2re12 »

Pie1910 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:01 pm
I think I’m a bit out of the loop but what happened with the Michalaks?

To be honest with you I don't even know what happened to them. She can't make friends for shit, her only friend is her new dog that she brought.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

Sam can’t even maintain a friendship with her own sister, let alone other people. She’s a new level of socially inept.

Pie1910
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Pie1910 »

Just had a notification that Vlogmas with the Davises it up. I wonder how many she’ll upload before they ‘find it just too stressful and have to take a break’. Urgh I can’t even put myself through starting to watch it to be disappointed (once again) that they can’t be bothered to finish it

Post by Guest »

Pie1910 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:36 pm
Just had a notification that Vlogmas with the Davises it up. I wonder how many she’ll upload before they ‘find it just too stressful and have to take a break’. Urgh I can’t even put myself through starting to watch it to be disappointed (once again) that they can’t be bothered to finish it

Jason at Tesco holding Italian antipasti "this would be good X-Box food, wouldn't it? Munch this whilst playing"... puts it in the trolley :)

Also... HOW CUTE IS INDIE? Not a big fan of children (I always find myself very awkward around them) but she is just the cutest!!!!

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

Pie1910 wrote:

Looks like just the one...

David2re12
Informer
Informer

Post by David2re12 »

loveherhateher wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm
Pie1910 wrote:

She is coming out with another one tomorrow.

prisonpepsi
Learner
Learner

Post by prisonpepsi »

She has given herself a filler moustache and a lopsided top lip... I couldn't look away

redroses18
Learner
Learner

Post by redroses18 »

It's kind of wild to have been watching sammi for so long and seeing her dealing with the same issues. I mean someone watching my life could probably say the same lol but nonetheless. It's interesting to see her talking about what a tough year she's had but trying to attribute it to mars flying backwards or some such astrological thing or a quarter life crisis or something. It seems like sam is someone who struggles to own her feelings, if she's feeling bad it must be hormonal or some other outside factor. In all likelihood there are probably very clear specific causes of her upset that she doesn't want to face head on. Her relationship with Jason? Dwindling views and a lack of direction career wise? Ultimately she will ride the influencer train until the wheels fall off but it's hard to see where that is actually going. Unlike some of her peers, patricia etc, she hasn't grown over the years or found a niche or an outside venture that could propel her success. Truthfully she peaked several years ago, and a small-medium sized loyal following who continue to watch her because, well, that's what they've done for years (myself included) is all she has. And every year youtube makes it harder and harder to make money off of videos. The landscape is changing pretty rapidly it's all like the dot com boom and bust of the 90s. Not even owning property, which is the failsafe most moderately successful youtubers have to fall back on is strange. I'll be very interested to see where she is 5 years from now.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

David2re12 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:41 am
loveherhateher wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 pm
Pie1910 wrote:

She is coming out with another one tomorrow.
And she's already set up the mental health exit. Please don't get me wrong here as it's clear that she (and Jason) both deal with mental health issues, but to be fair, this happens to her every, single year so you would think she would prepare herself sort of. Go to therapy regularly in the lead up to the season (I, myself, have seasonal depression). There are ways to help yourself and she just doesn't seem to be doing it. And she always uses it as a reason to not follow through with a commitment.

David2re12
Informer
Informer

Post by David2re12 »

redroses18 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:29 pm
It's kind of wild to have been watching sammi for so long and seeing her dealing with the same issues. I mean someone watching my life could probably say the same lol but nonetheless. It's interesting to see her talking about what a tough year she's had but trying to attribute it to mars flying backwards or some such astrological thing or a quarter life crisis or something. It seems like sam is someone who struggles to own her feelings, if she's feeling bad it must be hormonal or some other outside factor. In all likelihood there are probably very clear specific causes of her upset that she doesn't want to face head on. Her relationship with Jason? Dwindling views and a lack of direction career wise? Ultimately she will ride the influencer train until the wheels fall off but it's hard to see where that is actually going. Unlike some of her peers, patricia etc, she hasn't grown over the years or found a niche or an outside venture that could propel her success. Truthfully she peaked several years ago, and a small-medium sized loyal following who continue to watch her because, well, that's what they've done for years (myself included) is all she has. And every year youtube makes it harder and harder to make money off of videos. The landscape is changing pretty rapidly it's all like the dot com boom and bust of the 90s. Not even owning property, which is the failsafe most moderately successful youtubers have to fall back on is strange. I'll be very interested to see where she is 5 years from now.
Please don't tell me that she relies on pseudoscience like astrology, to deal with her mental health! Her and Jason both have mental health problems and they have a child. I really hope that they are not teaching their daughter that astrology is how you deal with mental health issues. Im worried that their daughter will grow up without the tools to deal with her mental health.

Ahuja
Informer
Informer

Post by Ahuja »

following

whatliesbeneath
Learner
Learner

Post by whatliesbeneath »

Awww her vlogmas video making cupcakes with indie. That was a cute video

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

I think a lot of you tubers psych themselves out of posting things that they don't think are interesting or that they think are uninteresting. In reality, a lot of subs will watch paint dry (we've all done it once or twice, lol). Although it wasn't superior quality, the family time we saw in the video today was heartwarming. Indie is adorable and growing up so fast!

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

following

Tinashe2On
Talker
Talker

Post by Tinashe2On »

First time poster. I find it strange that you guys keep saying she hasn't grown. Of course she has, at least profesionally, she has a jewelry line so that's good and didn't she do a collab for a lip product ? It's not like she's not trying.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

^Lol what. Everyone and their dogs has a jewelry line right now. Sam, Estee, Amelia, Bestdressed. It's really nothing special at this point. She had ONE lipstick with Bobbi Brown, after a whole 10 years on Youtube. When others put out a whole ass line years ago. Overall Sam has had waaaaayyyyy less projects than any of her peers, and that's a fact. She hasn't gone on a press trip in forever, she barely gets any sponsorships anymore (look at her instagram feed - she doesn't have ANY sponsored posts, and those are the main avenue for income for most youtubers right now). And whenever she does do something, it's like years after everyone else did it. She's also the only one who doesn't even own property (Lily Pebbles owns a house in London, Anna Edit owns an apartment in Brighton, InTheFrow bought a house in the countryside, Patricia has owned a house in Greater London for a while, etc). After all these years Sam is still "saving" to buy something. Let's be real she just hasn't done nearly as well.

noenergyvampires
Learner
Learner

Post by noenergyvampires »

prisonpepsi wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:15 am
She has given herself a filler moustache and a lopsided top lip... I couldn't look away
OMG! I cannot stop noticing this in her recent pics... there is a really obvious line on the left (her right) almost like she’s paralyzed that side of her mouth... I can’t stop looking at it either 😳😳😳

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

palmer wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:02 am
^Lol what. Everyone and their dogs has a jewelry line right now. Sam, Estee, Amelia, Bestdressed. It's really nothing special at this point. She had ONE lipstick with Bobbi Brown, after a whole 10 years on Youtube. When others put out a whole ass line years ago. Overall Sam has had waaaaayyyyy less projects than any of her peers, and that's a fact. She hasn't gone on a press trip in forever, she barely gets any sponsorships anymore (look at her instagram feed - she doesn't have ANY sponsored posts, and those are the main avenue for income for most youtubers right now). And whenever she does do something, it's like years after everyone else did it. She's also the only one who doesn't even own property (Lily Pebbles owns a house in London, Anna Edit owns an apartment in Brighton, InTheFrow bought a house in the countryside, Patricia has owned a house in Greater London for a while, etc). After all these years Sam is still "saving" to buy something. Let's be real she just hasn't done nearly as well.
At this point, they're very unlikely to get a mortgage large enough to buy in/around London. Jason doesn't work and it's safe to assume her income isn't what it was 4/5 years ago seeing as she does very few ads/sponsorships and socialblade has her youtube income at £1.5K - £23.2K annually. If they're serious about buying their deposit will have to be huge - like 30%. I really hope that the jewellery line takes off or I think they'll be in real trouble in a few years.

Return to “BeautyCrush”