FIDM, Emily, Julien etc

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FIDM, Emily, Julien etc

Post by potnoodlegirl »

She's just tweeted she's not even looking at her homework until 2 hours before class. God. Why even pretend to go to college? I can't decide if she loves LA and would rather be just living like Elle and Blair, spending her Youtube money on designer bags and being a faux celeb, or she actually hates it because really she did want a college experience and she's not getting what she bargained for (so far, it seems like an extended one of her few day long "trips" to anywhere with a Topshop).

cassandramassie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cassandramassie »

Im getting real tired of all these beauty gurus moving to california to "make it big". They think youtube will be around forever and that they can just get an associates degree and live off their youtube money. It is honestly sad, that their parents haven't told them that getting a degree in fashion or makeup wont get you anywhere. Anyway, it isn't my life so i dont really care.. but there is going to be a day when youtube is gone and they will have nothing.

butterflykisses74
Lurker
Lurker

Post by butterflykisses74 »

The degree they are enrolled in at FIDM will not get them into the beauty industry they way they think it will. I received the exact same degree at FIDM. And guess what? I had to go back to college and get a BS degree. The FIDM degree did help me get some interviews, but without a BS in Marketing I would never have gotten a job. I am not sure what they want to be when they "grow up", but I hope they are saving some of their YT money cause FIDM won't make them rich.

And whoever said that they are not getting the true college experience, there are a lot of events and activities that are offered that they are not choosing to particpate in. But honestly, the school is geared more towards the fashion industry. I do not see Emily staying on after the holidays. I think Lindsey will stick it out at least the school year - will she come back to finish? Probably not. I think if she does stay, it will just be because she wants to be in L.A.

I do think they should have taken advantage of living in student housing this first quarter and made some friends. I agree with moving out though. It is ridiculously expensive and I only lived in student housing for one quarter, but met some great girls to move in with for the remaining 2 years.

whateverforever

Post by whateverforever »

I don't know why Emily is in la really, shes spending so much money to go to a school hat she says she doesn't like just to be in la but youutbers move to la because of lots of opportunities, like at least lindsay is doing beauty smarties showdown right now but Emily isn't that big on YouTube, doesn't like her school, is spending most likely beyond her means she makes way less than Lindsay, just to hang out with her YouTube friends it seems. Emily seems like a sitting duck shes not even uploading frequently or make any steps towards becoming a makeup artist like she says she wants to be like wtf is she doing there? at least lindsay is doing a little bit of youtube work and keeping up with school better than Emily is

chachacha17
Learner
Learner

Post by chachacha17 »

Emily is just an airhead that acts like a sixteen year old. The random twerking is so annoying she think she is being cute but she just looks trashy and obnoxious. Yeah honestly I don't think she will get through college... she seems too unfocused... and just wants to hang out with friends.. Does she have ADHD though? I seriously think she does.

iloveeeecheeesee
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveeeecheeesee »

Whenever I think of Emily, I think of Jennifer Coolidge in A Cinderella Story saying "you're not very pretty and you're not very bright".

chachacha17
Learner
Learner

Post by chachacha17 »

iloveeeecheeesee wrote:Whenever I think of Emily, I think of Jennifer Coolidge in A Cinderella Story saying "you're not very pretty and you're not very bright".
Speaking of Jennifer Coolidge, the character she played in A Cinderella Story looks like Pbbunny97 and talks like pbbunny97

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

This LA fantasy is a joke. Both girls are not big on Youtube, though Lindsay is ahead of Emily. I can't seem to grasp as to why Emily is at FIDM. If she wants to become a make-up artist, shouldn't she be at a cosmetology school? New York is filled with those! Both girls do not know what FIDM has to offer. Just because they like fashion, doesn't mean they know fashion. The ignorance :? ...

It seems that Lindsay is networking while she's out there in LA, but Emily seems static. I wonder if Emily is jealous of Lindsay. Moving in together might have been a bad idea...

I personally know a girl who transferred from a 4 year university to FIDM her sophomore year. She is a MAJOR Lauren Conrad/the hills fan. I think LC is part to blame for this fashion school craze lol

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

excuse my ignorance, but is FIDM the place to be for make-up artistry?

beautyinsimplicty
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by beautyinsimplicty »

I know she said she's going to be moving after her first semester, does anyone else think it could be to the same building as Lauren/Arden & Meghan/Allie if she moves with Emily/Julien (if they move out of where they are now)? I don't know how close it is to her college or anything, it just seems to be YouTube HQ right now and Lindsey isn't one to miss out on the latest trend lol.

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

They're never going to get the real college experience. Girls must outnumber guys 2:1 and a large percentage of those guys (being very stereotypical) are likely to be gay or feminine. She's unlikely to find a bf and also won't parties be kind of boring? Jockey frat guys make everything more interesting at parties and just school in general. Also what about school sports? Are there any?

chachacha17
Learner
Learner

Post by chachacha17 »

cheesedanish wrote:This LA fantasy is a joke. Both girls are not big on Youtube, though Lindsay is ahead of Emily. I can't seem to grasp as to why Emily is at FIDM. If she wants to become a make-up artist, shouldn't she be at a cosmetology school? New York is filled with those! Both girls do not know what FIDM has to offer. Just because they like fashion, doesn't mean they know fashion. The ignorance :? ...

It seems that Lindsay is networking while she's out there in LA, but Emily seems static. I wonder if Emily is jealous of Lindsay. Moving in together might have been a bad idea...

I personally know a girl who transferred from a 4 year university to FIDM her sophomore year. She is a MAJOR Lauren Conrad/the hills fan. I think LC is part to blame for this fashion school craze lol
IKR! I appreciate fashion and like to dress nice but I don't think I'm an expert and would never pursue a career in it.Not to brag, I dress nicer than Lindsey and Emily yet they are the ones going to school for it. Funny

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kaysagossiper »

jean101 wrote:They're never going to get the real college experience. Girls must outnumber guys 2:1 and a large percentage of those guys (being very stereotypical) are likely to be gay or feminine. She's unlikely to find a bf and also won't parties be kind of boring? Jockey frat guys make everything more interesting at parties and just school in general. Also what about school sports? Are there any?
I wish people would shut up about "the real college experience". Because humans are all exactly the same and a positive and healthy experience will be that way for every single other person right?

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

kaysagossiper wrote:
jean101 wrote:They're never going to get the real college experience. Girls must outnumber guys 2:1 and a large percentage of those guys (being very stereotypical) are likely to be gay or feminine. She's unlikely to find a bf and also won't parties be kind of boring? Jockey frat guys make everything more interesting at parties and just school in general. Also what about school sports? Are there any?
I wish people would shut up about "the real college experience". Because humans are all exactly the same and a positive and healthy experience will be that way for every single other person right?
No one's saying everyone will have a ~~healthy~~ experience from a normal college experience. They're saying it specifically about Emily, who seems like she's not enjoying herself and would probably be happier if she went to school somewhere else.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

beautyinsimplicty wrote:I know she said she's going to be moving after her first semester, does anyone else think it could be to the same building as Lauren/Arden & Meghan/Allie if she moves with Emily/Julien (if they move out of where they are now)? I don't know how close it is to her college or anything, it just seems to be YouTube HQ right now and Lindsey isn't one to miss out on the latest trend lol.
I was thinking the exact same thing! Those apartments are in a trendy part of LA (right across from the Grove) and so many people like Elle & Blair & Lauren Conrad have lived there. I don't blame them though, that building is really nice. Oh and It's appoximatly 5-6 miles away from the school.

missgabystar11
Talker
Talker

Post by missgabystar11 »

MadmoiselleLayla wrote:
beautyinsimplicty wrote:I know she said she's going to be moving after her first semester, does anyone else think it could be to the same building as Lauren/Arden & Meghan/Allie if she moves with Emily/Julien (if they move out of where they are now)? I don't know how close it is to her college or anything, it just seems to be YouTube HQ right now and Lindsey isn't one to miss out on the latest trend lol.
I was thinking the exact same thing! Those apartments are in a trendy part of LA (right across from the Grove) and so many people like Elle & Blair & Lauren Conrad have lived there. I don't blame them though, that building is really nice. Oh and It's appoximatly 5-6 miles away from the school.
Lol Lauren, Arden, Meghan, and Allie don't live where Elle & Blair lived. Elle & Blair & LC lived in The Palazzo communities actually LC lived in Park La Brea where I think Lindsey is moving to because fidm has connections with those apartment. They are nice apartments but also very expensive IMO. Lauren and Arden live close to the hollywood sign and The Palazzo is more in west hollywood.

Hanna
Learner
Learner

Post by Hanna »

In Lindsey's BeautyCon vlog, when Drew and Julien were singing and Lindsey kept going on about how gifted they are I was seriously laughing. Like, Julien has a nice voice, but Drew just talks weird and calls it singing. What's wrong with their ears?

iloveeeecheeesee
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveeeecheeesee »

Lindsey is too nice to tell him he sucks.

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

Hanna wrote:In Lindsey's BeautyCon vlog, when Drew and Julien were singing and Lindsey kept going on about how gifted they are I was seriously laughing. Like, Julien has a nice voice, but Drew just talks weird and calls it singing. What's wrong with their ears?
Haha i was thinking the same thing

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

haha yea I actually like the tone of Julien's voice but Drew can carry a tune and...that's about it. It is fun to live with a singer/songwriter though.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”