beautybaby44 Part 4

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beautybaby44 Part 4

Post by kaysagossiper »

It's not like it was when our parents were getting jobs. My mom is a computer engeneer and she never went to college. BUT she started at the bottom and worked her way up and we were very very poor in the beginning. Also, you can NOT do that anymore. Her company wont even look at you unless you have your degree. Also, it sucks for her because she hates that company and it's really going down hill but she can't go anywhere or look for a new job because places wont take someone without a degree, even if she has 20 years experience.

And another note, The hospital I work at doesn't hire LPNs and it's making all the RNs who only have their 2 year go back and finish their 4 year or else they're losing their job and I know other hospitals are doing this too.

So before you guys get all butt hurt and start freaking the fuck out, remember that because your parents could do it, doesn't mean you can now. a 2 year degree is next to worthless. sorry. Most places want a 4 year.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

I don't know if any of you guys are aware of this/have discussed this, but she could get her bachelors at fidm- I hope she either does that or transfers. However, I do believe she has enough contacts to get a job. She'll probably end of working for Benefit in SF.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

MadmoiselleLayla wrote:I don't know if any of you guys are aware of this/have discussed this, but she could get her bachelors at fidm- I hope she either does that or transfers. However, I do believe she has enough contacts to get a job. She'll probably end of working for Benefit in SF.
FIDM does offer bachelors degrees, but the program she's in only offers AA degrees. That's what started all of this AA discussion.

Post by Guest »

Sometimes it has nothing to do with your level of education, unfortunately and everything to do with who you are, who you know, etc. in that case, Lindsey would have no trouble finding work, which I never thought she would to begin with. She has several connections.

amg9715
Learner
Learner

Post by amg9715 »

Does this girl do anything besides shopping and going to Starbucks? I mean, she buys a new wardrobe practically every day! I can't even imagine how much she is spending on clothing.
NOBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

guestingguesting wrote:
krandr0205 wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. my mother has a 2 year degree and makes over 100k a year. my dad took a few college courses and makes over 80k. wake the fuck up
Woah :o what do your parents do?! Lol, I'm interested
my mom's a computer programmer and my dad owns his own business. this isn't directed at you but for other people who replied to my comment: no, they didn't get their jobs through knowing people and i don't care if the times have changed- don't say you "can't get anywhere" with a bachelors because i just gave you two examples. in today's job market it's hard to get jobs even with bachelors and it's all about networking and making connections (no matter what degree you have). with her youtube platform she has met a lot of people through her agency etc., which will probably work out to her advantage at some point. i don't mean to be rude but i just find it insulting to say you "can't go anywhere" without a BA
Whether you care or not, it's still the facts.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

TallButShort wrote:Their homework probably isn't going to be a lot at first especially because its freshman level art classes. Plus this is also a "summer semester" so workload won't be like the real semesters.
she may not have a lot of homework but that's not because "it's freshman level art classes". i got killed with my workload from the beginning.
imma ball til the day i fall

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Summer semesters can still be a crapload of homework and assignments. It really just depends on what class you're taking.

DonsHugeClothes
Informer
Informer

Post by DonsHugeClothes »

kaysagossiper wrote:It's not like it was when our parents were getting jobs. My mom is a computer engeneer and she never went to college. BUT she started at the bottom and worked her way up and we were very very poor in the beginning. Also, you can NOT do that anymore. Her company wont even look at you unless you have your degree. Also, it sucks for her because she hates that company and it's really going down hill but she can't go anywhere or look for a new job because places wont take someone without a degree, even if she has 20 years experience.

And another note, The hospital I work at doesn't hire LPNs and it's making all the RNs who only have their 2 year go back and finish their 4 year or else they're losing their job and I know other hospitals are doing this too.

So before you guys get all butt hurt and start freaking the fuck out, remember that because your parents could do it, doesn't mean you can now. a 2 year degree is next to worthless. sorry. Most places want a 4 year.
Agreed 100% . I have a friend who got an associate's in nursing and had 3 years experience as a caregiver through our state system ( has connections) and was turned down at 10+ so diff hospitals bc they said he must have a bachelor's.. so he never got to use his degree.. has some labor job. The teaching assistants in my area have to have a bachelor's now an that used to be an entry level job..so the Teachers in my surrounding districts almost all have masters. Times have changed.

lindsaylove
Learner
Learner

Post by lindsaylove »

MissCheetahPrint wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
my mom's a computer programmer and my dad owns his own business. this isn't directed at you but for other people who replied to my comment: no, they didn't get their jobs through knowing people and i don't care if the times have changed- don't say you "can't get anywhere" with a bachelors because i just gave you two examples. in today's job market it's hard to get jobs even with bachelors and it's all about networking and making connections (no matter what degree you have). with her youtube platform she has met a lot of people through her agency etc., which will probably work out to her advantage at some point. i don't mean to be rude but i just find it insulting to say you "can't go anywhere" without a BA
^THIS. Go try and earn equivalent to your parents' without a degree and come talk to me.

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

showingutheway wrote:
kaysagossiper wrote:It's not like it was when our parents were getting jobs. My mom is a computer engeneer and she never went to college. BUT she started at the bottom and worked her way up and we were very very poor in the beginning. Also, you can NOT do that anymore. Her company wont even look at you unless you have your degree. Also, it sucks for her because she hates that company and it's really going down hill but she can't go anywhere or look for a new job because places wont take someone without a degree, even if she has 20 years experience.

Agreed 100% . I have a friend who got an associate's in nursing and had 3 years experience as a caregiver through our state system ( has connections) and was turned down at 10+ so diff hospitals bc they said he must have a bachelor's.. so he never got to use his degree.. has some labor job. The teaching assistants in my area have to have a bachelor's now an that used to be an entry level job..so the Teachers in my surrounding districts almost all have masters. Times have changed.
My mother is an LPN and the hospital she is working for is making her get her RN. They do this every couple years and then they realize LPNs are cheaper.

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

lindsaylove wrote:
MissCheetahPrint wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
^THIS. Go try and earn equivalent to your parents' without a degree and come talk to me.
(sorry for the double post) If I wanted to I could make what my parents make but I turned it down so I could go to college. I didn't know anyone, I just worked hard and kept getting promoted.

cute

Post by cute »

[youtube][/youtube] she looks SO different here!! :o :o :o

thisgirl321
Learner
Learner

Post by thisgirl321 »

I was watching Good Morning American this morning and they had Tim Gunn on and did a "in or out" fashion question segment and asked if the crop top trend is in or out. He said that they are out! Thank the lord because I am so tired of seeing them all over youtube! Granted these girls don't exactly know fashion so I don't assume they are going to drop the trend any time soon :/

CLW
Learner
Learner

Post by CLW »

I don't understand why Lindsey would move out beaus of the money. She spends money on food and clothes for no apparent reason. She has clothes there already so I don't see the point of her buying more clothes almost everyday. I understand the Wildfox sale because that was a big sale and she wanted to take advantage of it but everything else is ridiculous. They all really need to stop going out to eat and make their food themselves. They all say they can't cook but they can learn. Emily and Lindsey are youtubers so wouldn't they be smart enough to actually look up food tutorials on YouTube. Julien spent money on two dishes of mac & cheese when thats something they could have made in their apartment. RIDICULOUS!

guestingguesting
Talker
Talker

Post by guestingguesting »

lindsaylove wrote:
MissCheetahPrint wrote:
guestingguesting wrote:
that's not what i meant by saying "i don't care." what i'm saying is that regardless if the times have changed or not, don't say "you can't get anywhere" without a BA, because my parents did. you want to talk about facts? it's a FACT that my parents don't have BA and make a great living. i acknowledged that it's different nowadays- i don't live in a box. there's really no need to be so condescending. also, i'm going into my junior year of college so no i don't want to try and do what my parents did, thank you for the suggestion, though

guestingguesting
Talker
Talker

Post by guestingguesting »

sorry to double post- i don't want to continue with this conversation though and i didn't mean to spark a long thread of replies that isn't even about lindsey. i guess i'm having trouble getting my point across, though. i just wanted to point out that it's not impossible to get a good job with an associate's. i know that the job market is very different than it was when my parents were job searching- i just find it insulting to say "you can't get anywhere," when yeah, you can. hell it's hard to get a job with a bachelor's nowadays- it's really all about who you know. i'm not advocating everyone should get an AA and be done with it (i'm almost done with a BA myself).

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

cute wrote:[youtube][/youtube] she looks SO different here!! :o :o :o
That WAS a year and a half ago....

Post by Guest »

TallButShort wrote:
cute wrote:[youtube][/youtube] she looks SO different here!! :o :o :o
That WAS a year and a half ago....
Okay we get it. She's put on weight. This has been talked about so many times it's ridiculous.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

fruitietutie wrote:
TallButShort wrote: That WAS a year and a half ago....
Okay we get it. She's put on weight. This has been talked about so many times it's ridiculous.
Nobody mentioned her weight, all she said was she looked different.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”