FleurDeSmug: Bye Bye little Bug

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeSmug: Bye Bye little Bug

Post by LaurieLaurie »

If she vlogged a daily routine it would be 90% bullshit.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Tulips wrote:
jadzia wrote:Do you know Sophie Shohet? She‘s a youtuber, rich (because she works in advertising, not inherited like Fleur) and shows her luxury buys and cars. This would suit Fleur so much better than the „I‘m one of you“ when she really isn't.
I just had a quick look at this person's Instagram. It's probably part and parcel of being a 'in your face' full-on luxury blogger/youtuber but these people always look so obnoxious to me, the arrogance is on another level, like they'd look you up and down in disgust lol. I think I prefer Fleur to continue pretending she's merely upper middle class :D
I've just watched a few of Sophie's video's to get to know her a little better and I have to say I really like her :tu:.

Her latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_c5spysfs

(sorry for going off topic, I hope that's OK)

Post by Guest »

^ Maybe it was a case of judging a book by its cover with me :P

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Iris1969 wrote:
Tulips wrote:
jadzia wrote:Do you know Sophie Shohet? She‘s a youtuber, rich (because she works in advertising, not inherited like Fleur) and shows her luxury buys and cars. This would suit Fleur so much better than the „I‘m one of you“ when she really isn't.
I just had a quick look at this person's Instagram. It's probably part and parcel of being a 'in your face' full-on luxury blogger/youtuber but these people always look so obnoxious to me, the arrogance is on another level, like they'd look you up and down in disgust lol. I think I prefer Fleur to continue pretending she's merely upper middle class :D
I've just watched a few of Sophie's video's to get to know her a little better and I have to say I really like her :tu:.

Her latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_c5spysfs

(sorry for going off topic, I hope that's OK)
I don't know, I still prefer Fleur. Sophie's IG is just showing off way too much whereas this latest video, her face hardly moves, so I'm guessing she's had a ton of surgeries. I don't like how she speaks and the area she's sitting in seems so cramped.

I do think Fleur makes the best advent calendar videos in the yt community. I do like how this year she said that if you're going to do lower end, just buy chocolates haha

Post by Guest »

I just looked at her YT and Instagram feed from the past year. 7 sponsored videos and 37 sponsored Instagram posts, considering I didn't count any Jo Malone related posts, because she never lists them as sponsored or partnerships. Her sponsors are monicavinader, veryuk, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, garnier and that's it from the top of my head. For someone so stagnant on social platforms, she makes a whole lot of sponsorships. I guess her drama-free guru career helps her, plus the fact that she's obviously targeted at more mature and stable demographics.

Post by Guest »

And now she's on her Instagram stories and on a regular Instagram post, rambling about Beauty Pie. Sponsored, of course, and of course, she has to mention anti-ageing, retinol eye cream. How obsessed someone can be about anti-ageing products?
People in comments seem not to be really thrilled about her sponsorships, though :D

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

dahlia13 wrote:And now she's on her Instagram stories, rambling about Beauty Pie. Sponsored, of course, and of course, she has to mention anti-ageing, retinol eye cream. How obsessed someone can be about anti-ageing products?
OMG that was soooo long and boring! I got distracted by her hair and was waiting for birds to arrive to make a nest in it :D

Post by Guest »

Just scrolled through the Insta comments: Fleur responded to one saying she's tired of people assuming paid work is a negative thing and that she's proud to work with brands she likes (she would say that). In one way, I get where she's coming from but it does just look greedy at this point. Of course she's got lots of people defending her :roll:

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

Tulips wrote:Just scrolled through the Insta comments: Fleur responded to one saying she's tired of people assuming paid work is a negative thing
She's willingly missing the point of those negative comments. It's easier for her to talk about it as if it's a simple case of: I work for companies I like, I don't work for companies I don't like, and therefore I'm the most ethical, honest Youtuber ever. Even if she likes the products, there's the message she sends out to impressionable viewers while promoting them, how that company operates (wages, working conditions, etc...) , what tactics (i.e. River) she uses to promote them.

An enterprise (including being a Youtuber) doesn't become immune to criticism just because it needs/wants to earn money. She gets negative comments because she's played a part - to be fair, less than the worst offenders - in making social media feel like an underhand shopping channel. Even if she was impeccable, she's got to expect cynical comments. As of right now, though, I'd say those comments are just fair.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

bells77 wrote:
Tulips wrote:Just scrolled through the Insta comments: Fleur responded to one saying she's tired of people assuming paid work is a negative thing
She's willingly missing the point of those negative comments. It's easier for her to talk about it as if it's a simple case of: I work for companies I like, I don't work for companies I don't like, and therefore I'm the most ethical, honest Youtuber ever. Even if she likes the products, there's the message she sends out to impressionable viewers while promoting them, how that company operates (wages, working conditions, etc...) , what tactics (i.e. River) she uses to promote them.

An enterprise (including being a Youtuber) doesn't become immune to criticism just because it needs/wants to earn money. She gets negative comments because she's played a part - to be fair, less than the worst offenders - in making social media feel like an underhand shopping channel. Even if she was impeccable, she's got to expect cynical comments. As of right now, though, I'd say those comments are just fair.
Yep, YouTube has turned into QVC a while ago, but still a lot of influencers (like Fleur, Lydia, Josie etc.) keep on pretending that they are just some girls showing their favorite products to their friends and when you call them out on their BS they huff and puff about this "unfair attack" and off course their adoring fans immediately defend them like they're saints :roll:.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

dahlia13 wrote:And now she's on her Instagram stories and on a regular Instagram post, rambling about Beauty Pie. Sponsored, of course, and of course, she has to mention anti-ageing, retinol eye cream. How obsessed someone can be about anti-ageing products?
People in comments seem not to be really thrilled about her sponsorships, though :D
I know a lot of people don't give a shit but if a YouTuber is promoting anti-aging stuff I want them to be open about the cosmetic treatments they have had. Sammie Maria, Jamie Genevieve and the Pixiwoo sisters have all had work done and it's obvious. Maybe Fleur thought it was subtle enough that no one would notice...

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

^^^ Yes to the QVC comment. I was thinking this as I watched her vlog today.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pleiadian Starseed »

Just noticed her latest video come up and surprise surprise another AD

Post by Guest »

I know this isn't her thread but as QVC's been mentioned, I think Anna Newton does far better than Fleur in terms of that relatable, friendly, soft sale stuff; Fleur comes across a bit snooty at times. I left a comment under one of Anna's videos saying she'd be a great QVC presenter one day but no response of course (I only meant it as a compliment ;) ) Fleur wouldn't need any back-up plan, I'm sure.

Post by Guest »

How she all of a sudden won't show Arthur(her brother's son)'s face in videos, but we've seen River? :D Miss FDF reads here definitely.

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pleiadian Starseed »

Just skipped through parts of her latest AD vlog and a couple of things struck me. Firstly her eyebrow looks terrible when she talks and it tries to move, secondly, her hair is an absolute state and gets worse as the vlog goes on, it looks like a nest. I promise I am not being a bitch here just completely honest but she really looks around 42-45 yrs old. Lastly, I am fuming she has chosen the exact colour for her bedroom that I have in my house!

Back to her hair it just looks like straw, she must get it cut, it's a state. It just looks messy as hell. Fleur a bob would suit you much better.

I laughed when she said she was going to watch 'A Discovery of Witches' very app for her except the Witches in this are glamorous and take care of their appearance. Although she does have the appropriate look for a Witch that we all have in our minds from childhood such as the one in Snow White who hands her the apple! :rofl:

I didn't watch the whole video so will wait to hear from you guys regarding anything else

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Fleur just submitted her accounts. Those constant ads are paying off. Last year she drew £129k as her dividend, similar to the year before. She had £720k in the bank at 31st Jan 18 and the property she owns is valued at £845k (obviously this is all info open to anyone). We know she's rich anyway but if you think how much free stuff she got sent for River and for herself then her spending on other stuff she doesn't need must be out of control.

BlinkBlinkBlink
Learner
Learner

Post by BlinkBlinkBlink »

Emmy25 wrote:Fleur just submitted her accounts. Those constant ads are paying off. Last year she drew £129k as her dividend, similar to the year before. She had £720k in the bank at 31st Jan 18 and the property she owns is valued at £845k (obviously this is all info open to anyone). We know she's rich anyway but if you think how much free stuff she got sent for River and for herself then her spending on other stuff she doesn't need must be out of control.
Where did you find all of this? That’s a lot of information.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

BlinkBlinkBlink wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:Fleur just submitted her accounts. Those constant ads are paying off. Last year she drew £129k as her dividend, similar to the year before. She had £720k in the bank at 31st Jan 18 and the property she owns is valued at £845k (obviously this is all info open to anyone). We know she's rich anyway but if you think how much free stuff she got sent for River and for herself then her spending on other stuff she doesn't need must be out of control.
Where did you find all of this? That’s a lot of information.
Companies House. Fleur has a limited company so her accounts have to be available to view.

jlgriff11
Debater
Debater

Post by jlgriff11 »

And that's just her company numbers, right? Doesn't include anything they own together privately or any income from his job. That cash in hand at bank would be just from her work account, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Return to “FleurDeForce”