FlerghDeFail 2016 - General thread part 16

sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: FlerghDeFail 2016 - General thread part 16

Post by sapphirerain »

I was cringing so hard when I saw this outfit and had to capture a screenshot.

I'm sorry, but this looks like something I would've worn when I was 14. The dress makes her look quite frumpy and the colour does nothing for her. The shoes are boring and awful, and they don't elongate her legs at all.

She looks like she's trying to model for the children's section of a Target catalogue.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I have a question for all of you who have been watching Fleur for years:

This woman seems to have an extremely charmed life--the money, the loving family, the gorgeous and doting husband, opportunities, etc. I happened to catch a vlog in which she was showing off the Airbnb she and her family were staying at in South Africa. I realized, I'm a bit jealous of her life and the ease and luxury that come with it.

So make me feel, guys. No one's life can be that perfect. Besides not having the greatest style sense and not being the most charismatic person, is there anything about Fleur or her life that sucks? Is there anything that she never talks about, but that has become public knowledge, that gives some evidence her life is stressful or a struggle? Anything?

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by peanutella »

I get the feeling that her and Mike secretly fight a lot. Also, like many rich families, there must be some kind of drama behind closed doors. Money turns people into entitled, often ruthless and shallow, assholes.
Non.

GentleAblaze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GentleAblaze »

poshbird wrote:I'm glad to see people are back to slagging Fleur and her awful style, shoes, personality, and videos again.

She's one of the worst on YouTube imo. Such a rude and snooty samey bore. I'm still sub'd but literally have not watched a video of hers in months as the cringe is too strong :o
Ouch... :?
Presence wrote:I have a question for all of you who have been watching Fleur for years:

This woman seems to have an extremely charmed life--the money, the loving family, the gorgeous and doting husband, opportunities, etc. I happened to catch a vlog in which she was showing off the Airbnb she and her family were staying at in South Africa. I realized, I'm a bit jealous of her life and the ease and luxury that come with it.

So make me feel, guys. No one's life can be that perfect. Besides not having the greatest style sense and not being the most charismatic person, is there anything about Fleur or her life that sucks? Is there anything that she never talks about, but that has become public knowledge, that gives some evidence her life is stressful or a struggle? Anything?
Nothing in the present. She mentioned in her 'Draw my life' video that she was bullied when she was younger. She's never done a 'sometimes it all gets too much' Zoella-style crying video, which is good because I find those videos very attention-seeking. She did do a video when she lost her dog Woof, which seems to be the only major misfortune that's happened to her during her time on YouTube. Obviously I would never wish bad things on anyone but I see what you mean, she definitely creates the image of having a perfect life from her internet presence.

EsmeAthena
Talker
Talker

Post by EsmeAthena »

I unsubscribed from her channel. Her content is sooooo boring...
How is she ok filming such dull videos? Doesn't she have any drive to do something new and exciting? How many times can you say 'this colour is so beautiful', 'the consistency is so nice'.

Lily2410
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lily2410 »

I'm bored of her too. I haven't watched any of her main channel videos since last summer because I'm so sick of the same videos all the time; skincare routines, GRWM, hauls and what's new this month....that's literally all she does!

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I unsubscribed a few months ago when I realized I hadn't watched a video of her's in ages... Funny I have no regret and I actually feel delighted when one of her videos pops up in my recommended and I realized I'm missing out on absolutely nothing.

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

Yeh I've followed her vlogs and main channel for a couple of years. I followed her wedding channel for two weeks and disliked it a lot so unsubbed, and I'm seriously considering unfollowing her main channel cos it's as boring as batshit these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

Yeah it's super boring, and she always hauls the same kind of things, the star print!! Snore.

pasodoble
Informer
Informer

Post by pasodoble »

Her relationship with YouTube reminds me of a tired marriage.
She makes no effort to do anything different. She's got into a mind-numbingly boring routine. She's done the same thing for so long, she can't imagine doing anything else.
I don't think Fleur is of the Saccone-Joly mentality of vlogging the inner workings of her uterus, so I think the minute she gets pregnant, she'll be gone. She certainly doesn't need the money.
Hey, guyyyyyyyyyys ...
There is NO H IN STRIPES

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I think she is not interested enough in being a housewife/fur mother, but without YT, what else will she do? Honestly? She has clearly garnered skills doing what she does, but I do not see her translating this to a company for branding or PR purposes that do not directly benefit her. She likes what she does, but she LOVES that attention.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

CourtneyShane wrote:I think she is not interested enough in being a housewife/fur mother, but without YT, what else will she do? Honestly? She has clearly garnered skills doing what she does, but I do not see her translating this to a company for branding or PR purposes that do not directly benefit her. She likes what she does, but she LOVES that attention.
Plus what other job is going to allow her to have the freedom she's grown accustomed to? In any other job she'd be stuck at a desk 8-5, M-F, 2 weeks vacation a year etc....no more shopping in the middle of the day, no more "meetings", sponsored trips or the endless supply of new launches for makeup, skincare, haircare and clothes. All while being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year! She's going to try and hold on as long as people watch her videos and companies send her stuff.

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

I do not understand her outfits. The woman is 27 years old. Does she not ever read a fashion magazine? Watch a TV show? Watch youtubers? Anything? Has she ever been to a fashion show? Does she read anything but outdated Primark Kids' catalogues????

Her outfits are absurd and strangely childlike. I can't see how somebody so closely located to the Fashion Industry can wear thing that are not only so unflattering, but also so out-of-style???

At least other youtubers manage to get a win every now and then (some more than others). As for Fleur - EVERY outfit she wears is horrid.

Embee93
Learner
Learner

Post by Embee93 »

Everything about Fleur and Mikes relationship is awkward and cringeworthy. All the put downs, the interrupting, the sarcastic comments. Bet they have fun in bed :-?

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I reckon after YouTube she'll go into events management or something like that. It's what she did before YouTube, it would allow her flexibility, and she could probably work with her sister.

Kool Ade
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kool Ade »

I just don't get the denim mini skirt thing. I haven't even thought about wearing a denim mini skirt since probably 2007, partially because I don't think they were stylish anymore and partially because that is when I left high school. Denim mini skirts (particularly distressed ones) are not "wardrobe staples". They shouldn't be in the wardrobe any self respecting person over 25, especially when said person considers themselves a fashionista. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe 2005 fashion is already in comeback phase, but I doubt it.

I did kind of really enjoy her safari vlog though. I caught a case of vacation envy in a major way.

bittersweet1603
Learner
Learner

Post by bittersweet1603 »

I feel like if she worked a full time job in a company , especially in the fashion/beauty industry, she would be forced to dress more her age instead of the childish /ill fitting outfits she is wearing now.
Also.. if i had her money, I think i would periodically consult a stylist so that i could dress my body type better

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

I wonder who exactly her market is, as the comments here show women her age think she behaves rudely and dresses childishly, as well as having an unattainable level of disposable income to spend on tacky impulse sales buys, kids will have youtubers closer to their own age to look for beauty and fashion tips and the products they show will be more suited to a pocket money budget.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

Regarding her star obsession. I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/articl ... asic-bitch

Post by Guest »

^Never mind the star thing, every time I hear or see "totes" I think of Fleur lol

Return to “FleurDeForce”