SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SnoozeDeFarce 2016 - General thread part 15

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Her latest vlog - are you kidding me? Its almost insulting that she is firstly getting another free trip to Bordeaux courtesy of Caudalie and then she insults us even more with putting up that 3 minutes of rubbish and is getting paid for views! And has she managed to finish her vlog on the same day yet? I just do not understand how these brands pick who they bring to these events. Fleur must say 'no' to anything thats free. I don't see any other blogger (that i watch) that goes to as many PR events as she does. They seem to have a better work/life balance. Anyone every notice that the odd occasion that Fleur is actually at home with Mike they are always in someone else's company - her family, friends etc. They never seem to spend too much time just in each others company.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Should we expect an another emotional twitter breakdown soon? lol
:love2:

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

lisi wrote:I think your post was actually quite mean to be honest and I stronly disagree. Out of these two, Mike seems like the one who has a strong work ethic and by work I mean actuall work compared to what Fleur does. He seems like a very nice, mature, patient guy who goes to work most days, and even works on his laptop some nights from home. In addition to that he mends the gardens and does most of the housework. I don't think it's fair to assume he doesn't work at all.
I'm glad you shared.

You think Mike has a work ethic because he goes to work on most days?
That alone is a bit of a giggle.
Even assuming he goes to work on most days, which I don't think it's the case.

On top of going to work, you think Mike "mends the garden and does most of the housework".
Why, because he once built a fence?
Taking care of their house and their property would be a full time job on its own, and an heavy one too.
The kind of job that doens't leave you much time to accomodate your wife's hours in and out of airports, play golf, watch golf, go to dinner to the pub, go to the gym, getting fit with your personal trainer, ride quads. Let alone have another job on most days.

I think he is a happy man, who has everything he wants from life, and does everything he wants to do, exactly as and when he wants to do it.

And I suppose that yes, a country, a world, that allows the picture we see could be depicted as mean.

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

It's a little pointless to argue about things we actually don't know anything about. We only see 3% of their lives.. You don't know that he doesn't go to work. I think its unfair for you to depict him as a lazy douch who just sits around the house watching TV. If you watch her vlogs you know that's not true. And I was just merely stating my opinion, so no need to attack me. But to eacht heir it's own, so let's just agree to dissagree... :love2:

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

It's a little pointless to argue about things we actually don't know anything about. We only see 3% of their lives.. You don't know that he doesn't go to work. I think its unfair for you to depict him as a lazy douch who just sits around the house watching TV. If you watch her vlogs you know that's not true. And I was just merely stating my opinion, so no need to attack me. But to each it's own, so let's just agree to dissagree and move on... :love2:

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

LoulouVi wrote:
lisi wrote:I think your post was actually quite mean to be honest and I stronly disagree. Out of these two, Mike seems like the one who has a strong work ethic and by work I mean actuall work compared to what Fleur does. He seems like a very nice, mature, patient guy who goes to work most days, and even works on his laptop some nights from home. In addition to that he mends the gardens and does most of the housework. I don't think it's fair to assume he doesn't work at all.
I'm glad you shared.

You think Mike has a work ethic because he goes to work on most days?
That alone is a bit of a giggle.
Even assuming he goes to work on most days, which I don't think it's the case.

On top of going to work, you think Mike "mends the garden and does most of the housework".
Why, because he once built a fence?
Taking care of their house and their property would be a full time job on its own, and an heavy one too.
The kind of job that doens't leave you much time to accomodate your wife's hours in and out of airports, play golf, watch golf, go to dinner to the pub, go to the gym, getting fit with your personal trainer, ride quads. Let alone have another job on most days.

I think he is a happy man, who has everything he wants from life, and does everything he wants to do, exactly as and when he wants to do it.

And I suppose that yes, a country, a world, that allows the picture we see could be depicted as mean.
It's called a weekend, sweetie!!

But it's a little redundant to argue about things we actually don't know anything about. We only see 3% of their lives.. You don't know that he doesn't go to work. However, I think its unfair for you to depict him as a lazy douch who just sits around the house watching TV. If you watch her vlogs you know that's not true. And I was just merely stating another opinion, so no need to attack me. But to each it's own, so let's just agree to disagree and move on... :love2: :love2:

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

lisi wrote:To me their relationship seems very unbalanced. One the one hand, Fleur treats Mike like shit, when they're alone, when the camera is on and in front of other people, too. None of the men in my life would let their girlfriends/wifes treat them this way. It's humiliating.

On the other hand, she almost seems more like his child, less like his wife... He does the housework, gardens, takes care of the dogs, builds things for the house, and generally takes care of their life and responisibilites, cooks their meals and does the dishes even when she had a night at their home with her friends.... While she is never home for more than 2 days in a row, and when she is, she never helps him with any of those things. He showers her with gifts she actually wants while she can't come up with one meaningful thing to get him for his birthday and then spits in his face that everything else at hermes (regarding the tie) was too expensive for her to get him...?!?..... It is literally more like a father-daughter dynamic where he is in charge of everything regarding their life etc and all she has to think about is her YT shit and what gifts she would like for christmas..... :roll: :roll:
Agreed, I've always got a spoilt daddy's girl vibe from her and Mike is just enabling her woman-child bratty behaviour

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Her vlog today was ridiculous. I was actually interested to hear about the spa treatments since I first saw them on the itinerary yesterday. She even said she didn't know what to expect with the barrel bath and then didn't even bother to explain. All the minions in the comments getting pissed that people pointed out how short the vlog was, it's as though we're criticizing her private family vacation videos. She was sent there on a work trip to film and discuss, not on a private spa holiday.

Post by Guest »

I wish Fleur wouldn't half-ass these vlogs. If she doesn't want to do it, I don't want to see a piss poor attempt at just churning a video out. I was actually interested to know more about Caudalie - how the wine and the vineyards are incorporated in their products, what the barrel bath entailed, what the facial included. It's absolutely ridiculous to put up a three minute vlog and not even be able to end it that night when you committed your month to vlogging. Every time she ends a video the next morning, I become more and more fed up with Fleur, which is saying a lot considering she's one of the few that I still (usually) enjoy watching.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

There was a vlog a few days ago titled "Power Shopping" or something like that. She filmed herself walking between shops for about 45 seconds!

I thought it was a good decision to stop the daily vlogging months because it wasn't working. I know many fans missed them, but they only highlighted that she couldn't stick to a schedule and got complacent. Accept that something's not right for you, change it or stop it, and move on. Going back to it makes me question the motivation. It's clearly not out of a love of vlogging because she's doing a piss-poor job. More money and more subs seems more likely.

On their relationship: I'd always say "each to their own" and there are so many variations on relationships between adults. You can be silly together, have your in-jokes, tease each other, as well as doing the "grown-up" stuff. That's the thing, I don't see 2 adults any more. :?

Edit: I've just read the comments under the spa vlog and people are not getting it. Imagine working for a magazine or newspaper, being given an assignment, and producing 3 sentences. Going to report on an event for the news and speaking for 10 seconds, then going back to the studio and the anchors are still adjusting their make-up or in the loo!
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

lisi
Talker
Talker

Post by lisi »

bells77 wrote:There was a vlog a few days ago titled "Power Shopping" or something like that. She filmed herself walking between shops for about 45 seconds!

I thought it was a good decision to stop the daily vlogging months because it wasn't working. I know many fans missed them, but they only highlighted that she couldn't stick to a schedule and got complacent. Accept that something's not right for you, change it or stop it, and move on. Going back to it makes me question the motivation. It's clearly not out of a love of vlogging because she's doing a piss-poor job. More money and more subs seems more likely.

On their relationship: I'd always say "each to their own" and there are so many variations on relationships between adults. You can be silly together, have your in-jokes, tease each other, as well as doing the "grown-up" stuff. That's the thing, I don't see 2 adults any more. :?

Edit: I've just read the comments under the spa vlog and people are not getting it. Imagine working for a magazine or newspaper, being given an assignment, and producing 3 sentences. Going to report on an event for the news and speaking for 10 seconds, then going back to the studio and the anchors are still adjusting their make-up or in the loo!

Exactly!!!

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

YouTubeAddict79 wrote:I am often on a handbag forum and that trend of tying a scarf around the handles of your bag has been going on for a while. But it's usually on plainer bag to spice them up a little. Not something you'd put on a Chanel Boy. lol She really has no sense of style. At least when she was looking in the mirror, she realized that her scarf and the bag's were clashing. Not all hope is lost.
Which handbag forum is this? I'm looking to join handbag forums!

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

takoyaki wrote:Which handbag forum is this? I'm looking to join handbag forums!
It's http://forum.purseblog.com/

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

lisi wrote:[

But it's a little redundant to argue about things we actually don't know anything about. We only see 3% of their lives.. You don't know that he doesn't go to work. However, I think its unfair for you to depict him as a lazy douch who just sits around the house watching TV. If you watch her vlogs you know that's not true. And I was just merely stating another opinion, so no need to attack me. But to each it's own, so let's just agree to disagree and move on... :love2: :love2:
Oh come on, the only evidence of work we have seen is him test driving luxury cars that are rented out. They have a multi acre garden to maintain, and the budget to employ a gardener. It would seem a stretch to assume Mike maintains their lake and garden all by himself.
We see him on his laptop and making dinner, that isn't evidence of him slogging it out.
Not hating, but please remember this is the image that they have chosen to represent themselves by and from what it seems they both have it pretty comfortable without much effort.

texangirl190
Learner
Learner

Post by texangirl190 »

in the beginning of todays vlog you they have 3 mini coopers in their front yard... holy shit

Nicole x
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicole x »

liseppe wrote:
lisi wrote:[

Oh come on, the only evidence of work we have seen is him test driving luxury cars that are rented out. They have a multi acre garden to maintain, and the budget to employ a gardener. It would seem a stretch to assume Mike maintains their lake and garden all by himself.
We see him on his laptop and making dinner, that isn't evidence of him slogging it out.
Not hating, but please remember this is the image that they have chosen to represent themselves by and from what it seems they both have it pretty comfortable without much effort.
I agree, I like Mike but I don't think it's unfair to suggest that he has never really had to work hard at anything in life, he has been handed an incredibly cushty life on a plate courtesy of mummy and daddy. I seriously doubt he is working 40+ hours a week like most guys his age, and whenever Fleur vlogs in the morning 99% of the time he is still in bed and moans when he has to be up at 7.30am. I remember once his flight home from LA was cancelled so he simply rebooked himself on Fleur's flight 4 days later. For most working adults taking an extra 4 days vacation wouldn't be a possibility, they would have responsibilities (and a boss who isn't a relative) to return to.

He is certainly very fortunate to be in the position he is in, I hope he appreciates it.

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

lisi wrote: It's called a weekend, sweetie!!
You think he "goes to work on most days", I assume you mean week days.
You think he "mends the garden and does most of the house work", I guess he must do that on weekends then.
Exhausting schedule.
When and how do you propose everything else we know for sure he does would fit in?
lisi wrote:But it's a little redundant to argue about things we actually don't know anything about. We only see 3% of their lives.. You don't know that he doesn't go to work. However, I think its unfair for you to depict him as a lazy douch who just sits around the house watching TV. If you watch her vlogs you know that's not true. And I was just merely stating another opinion, so no need to attack me. But to each it's own, so let's just agree to disagree and move on... :love2: :love2:
Please, don't put in my mouth words I've never uttered.
I also never attacked you, and never intended too.

They're public figures, by a convenient choice, both adults: speculating is fair game.

Though they don't share much of their time, they've been sharing for seven years now, and there are a number of things we know fairly well about them. Like how much they travel, what are their hobbies, what size their prorperties are, what are their families worth financially, what kind of schools they attended.

This alllows some good assessments, which can be grounded and defended. Like I did above.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

Her granny doesn't look 80 at all!

Also, I thought it was a shame when she called Hannah's husband Dan her brother in law but when speaking about her brother, she just said my brothers wife. Perhaps they are not as close.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

A little bit off topic but any ideas for the next thread's name please?
:love2:

Post by Guest »

^ I thought you were all moving to the talk trash site ;)

Return to “FleurDeForce”