FleurDeForce - General thread part 13

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - General thread part 13

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

ECH wrote:Who's Vlogmas would you guys recommend other than Amelia's? Fleur's is falling so flat this year :/

I like Lily Pebbles - she is 28 and has the maturity to match (mostly :D ). Sometimes she can be a small bit moanie but i think she keeps it real and doesn't pretend to be someone she is not and she puts in a bit of effort! Plus she has a cute fiancee which helps!

Some people seem to be enjoying Niomi Smart, i haven't watched her yet but she seems to be a really nice girl. Other than that i watch Stef and Hannah Michelak, sometimes they irritate me but i still keep going back to them. Hope this helps!

pretty belle
Informer
Informer

Post by pretty belle »

ECH wrote:Who's Vlogmas would you guys recommend other than Amelia's? Fleur's is falling so flat this year :/
Someone here introduced me to sunbeamsjess (vlog channel: extrasunbeamsjess).
She's a super nice 21 year old girl from London but most of the time she's in Edinburgh as she studies English Literature/History/Philosophy there. Her family is also very wealthy and she gets spoiled a lot but she is very adventurous and has been on multiple budget/backpacker trips with her boyfriend/friends. She's also one of the few Youtubers who still focus on education, so she reads a lot and also shows a lot of her school work in vlogs. Many of her viewers say that she motivates them to do more for uni/school. So she's like a mix of a rich girl and the average uni student.
If you decide to watch her, you should also watch all of her old vlogs, she's doing Vlogmas since 2012 I think and her travel vlogs are always nice. The beginning of her Vlogmas is usually a bit slow because she often has exams until mid December but I still enjoy the vlogs.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

biggossipyswampy wrote:I was formally a Fleur apologist so you know things are bad when I'm switching fantasy boyfriend/husband allegiance from Team Mike to Team Rich (Lily Pebbles' fiance) because I'm starting to see Mike more and more as Fleur's enabler and even his Snapchats are just getting too cutesy and much for me.
This. Mike has become more and more annoying to me ever since I started watching his Snaps. All he does is pull the same "funny" faces (mostly overly frowny and overly surprised) again and again, as though he can't bear to display a normal countenance but rather MUST ENTERTAIN AT ALL TIMES with his face. It's like he sees us all as babies in a pram looking up at him - you know how people make all kinds of stupid faces and sounds at babies? And he repeats the same cutesy, stupid words constantly and grumpily fusses at the animals for no reason. Plus, he tweeted Fleur recently and didn't know the difference between "your" and "you're", which in my book is a total dealbreaker for a grown man.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

^ I agree. About the spelling mistakes that Mike makes though, from what I remember he is very dyslexic and left school at 16 years old. I guess with his parents multi millions he didn't need to worry too much about it. :?
I remember Fleur saying that his spelling was one of the things that she found endearing about him.

I often feel like he is auditioning to be a Top Gear presenter or something. He is very James May at times. So much so it does feel like he's often copying him and is in "presenter mode".

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

Oh, I didn't know about the dyslexia...so he never went to university? If that's the case, he's extra lucky that he was born into money.

And...another non-vlog Vlogmas is up! How long did it take to put this one together, 20 mins? :roll:

BeMona
Talker
Talker

Post by BeMona »

Oh my god once again another vlog that is not a vlog, this is sooo annoying !!!! :x And how can she post her " vlog " this late knowing it only took her maybe... like 2 hours to make it?!
English is not my first language.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I wouldn't mind if she wasn't doing daily vlogs but putting out quality content or doing charity challenges like Amelia is but these videos are just not good. I'm really disappointed in Fleur this year.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

Omg....another idiotic NON VLOG! Seriously?! And from what i recall from Mikes snaps, they filmed this like 2 weeks ago! Wtf?! I'm so mad at this lazy turd! And i actually like Fleur too...

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Oh Fleur :(

:love2:

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

A pre filmed video for vlogmas? Mike showed on SC when they actually filmed the japanese candy testing, she is getting really really lazy.

The comments are changing a little bit:

PeachyGrump
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PeachyGrump »

Primark haul on her main channel... As if she would actually wear stuff from primark ffs. Does she just throw the odd cheap thing in to humour us?

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

Nin wrote: I often feel like he is auditioning to be a Top Gear presenter or something. He is very James May at times. So much so it does feel like he's often copying him and is in "presenter mode".
fauxfox wrote:
biggossipyswampy wrote:I was formally a Fleur apologist so you know things are bad when I'm switching fantasy boyfriend/husband allegiance from Team Mike to Team Rich (Lily Pebbles' fiance) because I'm starting to see Mike more and more as Fleur's enabler and even his Snapchats are just getting too cutesy and much for me.
This. Mike has become more and more annoying to me ever since I started watching his Snaps. All he does is pull the same "funny" faces (mostly overly frowny and overly surprised) again and again, as though he can't bear to display a normal countenance but rather MUST ENTERTAIN AT ALL TIMES with his face. It's like he sees us all as babies in a pram looking up at him - you know how people make all kinds of stupid faces and sounds at babies? And he repeats the same cutesy, stupid words constantly and grumpily fusses at the animals for no reason.
You bunch should be writers because you exactly described my feelings about Mike. Pram/Top Gear descriptions = priceless.

cestverity
Learner
Learner

Post by cestverity »

Really bummed by Fleur's comment in response to someone critiquing her Japanese candy video:

+Fantastique Jaques I'm not really sure I understand your feelings here... These videos actually take much longer to set up, film and edit, so it's not taking a break... it's just a different type of vlog! I thought it would be something people would enjoy seeing! There's going to be a variety of different content as part of Vlogmas this year as it's the 4th year in a row I've done it - it's fun to mix it up a bit! :) x

Her vlogmas last year was by far my fave, but it looks like we won't be getting the same this year. I completely understand that she might get bored of vlogging and want to switch it up a bit, but (unfortunately for her) most of her viewers love her traditional vlogmas videos. It's kind of a bummer when Youtubers become so successful, they can survive on weaker content due to their massively large audience. I know this isn't a traditional job and viewers don't get to hand Fleur assignments, but it's still frustrating.

The more popular a Youtuber becomes, the weaker their content seems to become. Secret projects, fewer videos, amateur books, excessive traveling, sponsored content . . . Fleur used to handle all of this really well, but she's done a really poor job of it this year.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

If she's getting bored of just regular vlogging, maybe she should have skipped JunedeForce, Vlogust, and Vlogtober. They sucked anyway. Vlogmas is by far the most popular time that people watch vlogs on YouTube. She knew how much people loved hers last year and now she's trying to "mix it up a little bit" by putting up non vlog videos? Sorry but that's not what the traditional Vlogmas is about.

I feel like she goes through phases. I didn't really watch her vlogs until last year but I remember some people saying how her old vlogs used to consist of her complaining about every single thing and doing that annoying singing voice at the end of each sentence. Then 2014 Vlogtober and Vlogmas were so good and now everything's going downhill.

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

You guys describing Mike reminds me of Jim from the Office when Karen was like why does he keep doing this face to the camera

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

Yea I really don't get why she chose to do vlogmas if she wasn't in the mood to do it I get it's like tradition for her and her vlogmas is usually very popular but it's better for her to just skip the month all together instead of half assing it. Also the fact that this pre filmed video mentioned that she was "interrupting vlogmas" meant she planned to not really vlog the whole month since the beginning. It's kinda lame on fleur's part

RoisinDubh17
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RoisinDubh17 »

My God Mike is a babe :love2:

BeMona
Talker
Talker

Post by BeMona »

novlau wrote:Yea I really don't get why she chose to do vlogmas if she wasn't in the mood to do it I get it's like tradition for her and her vlogmas is usually very popular but it's better for her to just skip the month all together instead of half assing it. Also the fact that this pre filmed video mentioned that she was "interrupting vlogmas" meant she planned to not really vlog the whole month since the beginning. It's kinda lame on fleur's part
Yes totally agree with you! Plus the Japanese candy test video is not christmassy at all, it has nothing to do with vlogmas... For me one of the key to be a good youtuber is to film when you want to and not because you have to..
English is not my first language.

pretty belle
Informer
Informer

Post by pretty belle »

Fleur needs to understand that the reason we criticize her is not because these non-vlog videos (like the dog style book and the candy challenge) are bad videos. However, 1-25 December is Vlogmas time and like everyone else who does Vlogmas, she should vlog her day and not "mix it up". I'd happily watch these videos in January when Vlogmas is done but please don't ruin Vlogmas. The fact she decided to throw in a non-vlog here and there tells me that she's too lazy to remember to vlog and edit (and even with this strategy she's behind.... :roll: ).

If there's more videos like that coming (as she said) I probably won't continue watching.. maybe next year when I'm lazy and bored but for now there are other people who put more effort into their Vlogmas. Such a huge disappointment and I'm usually #1 pro Fleur...
Oh, and in my opinion she clearly hates vlogging by now, so she could have either said "ll still end this year with one of the best Vlogmas ever and then quit vlogging next year" or could have quit after Vlogtober. But this is shit what she's doing right now.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

^ Whose vlogs are you watching? I gave up on Fleur's. Currently watching Lily's (fave!), Zoe and Tanya's.. I'm looking for more decent vloggers haha

Return to “FleurDeForce”