FleurDeForce - General thread part 13

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - General thread part 13

Post by pandachan »

slap wrote:I didn't really enjoy the dog vlog and I haven't watched the other non-vlogmas vlog but I understand why she might be doing it. She's trying new things out, trying to keep the content fresh I suppose.

Sadly, this hasn't really worked out well, Fleur. Please take note!
If she wants to switch up things that's perfectly fine, but an ad and a pre recorded japanese candy trying video have nothing to do with vlogmas or the holidays. Why not make some DIY videos, or take viewers to shops she likes to get christmas stuff from etc. There's a good way to mixing up things, and then there's her cheating half assing way.

Post by Guest »

I have to admit, I was really disappointed to see a non-vlog again. I didn't bother watching it because it's really shouldn't be a part of vlogmas. Man... I'm actually quite bummed out.

Post by Guest »

It feels a bit strange reading all these negative comments on here ;) Today's vlog was quite nice and festive. Fleur wasn't too annoying with her sing-song voice. I had to laugh when Squidge was ignoring her :D
I think Mike's lovely but he does make me cringe sometimes, I guess that's part of the charm!

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

I can't work out if she's really of the mindset that Vlog = anything that's a non-beauty video or is just genuinely out of the house too much and knew she'd fail unless she pre filmed 10 fillers.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Tulips wrote:It feels a bit strange reading all these negative comments on here ;) Today's vlog was quite nice and festive. Fleur wasn't too annoying with her sing-song voice. I had to laugh when Squidge was ignoring her :D
I think Mike's lovely but he does make me cringe sometimes, I guess that's part of the charm!
I agree the vlog today was much better. However I still struggled with it and found it to be a bit boring, as it seemed so similar to last years vlog when they put up the tree. :D

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Are they both really so stupid that they actually splurged on those stupid LIGHT UP COLLARS for the dogs in lieu of leashes? Fleur said that they were hard to spot in the dark that's why you leash them and don't let them run off. Imbeciles.

Post by Guest »

I agree, Nin- it was very similar to last year's 'giant christmas tree' vlog BUT that Christmas tree, though....I don't know anyone who is able to buy a xmas tree that size, I've only ever seen them in stately homes!

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

I've given up. Just can't anymore... She should just stop with the charade cause all she's doing with this half assed vlogmas is pissing us off! And I'm sorry for going OT but I can't deal with her spending habits aaanymore. I'm usually never jealous while watching gurus, but with her showing off how much she's able to spend on literally nothing makes me feel bad. We were talking about how it's hard to decorate that home of theirs and how big of an investment would it be to do it all at once. And then I see her hauls... She buys crap we hardly ever see her wear, make up she doesn't give a second go and so on. She has 17 freaking advent calendars!!! People don't have special decorations to change up their background every week. I wont undermine anyone's job, but most of us can't afford to splurge on some item every 10 days! And when I hear her saying it's a great statement peace and I'll be able to use it for years... Ugh... Then 6 months later she shows us another thing that's basicaly the same aside from the zipper!!!
Her vlogmas used to lighten up my day and make me feel festive. Now, I'm done. And I totally agree with someone who said (sorry can't remember who) that it seems like Mike enables her in every possible way. Must be nice to walk around knowing you gotta go sit in a meeting once a week with people who I imagine only expect you to be the face of the operation, later on shop and fly somewhere new, sleep over in a fancy hotel and do some more cheeky shopping...

I'm ranting and going totally OT guys, but I gotta get this out of my system

Electricavenue
Talker
Talker

Post by Electricavenue »

+Fantastique Jaques I'm not really sure I understand your feelings here... These videos actually take much longer to set up, film and edit, so it's not taking a break... it's just a different type of vlog! I thought it would be something people would enjoy seeing! There's going to be a variety of different content as part of Vlogmas this year as it's the 4th year in a row I've done it - it's fun to mix it up a bit! :) x

I thought Fleur's response was very Carrie-esque... passive aggressive, lots of exclamation marks, smiley faces, a kiss. Really disappointed in her. I thought she was better than that, obviously not.

I reckon she reads here as the main issue that everyone had with the past vlogs was that she wasn't at home enough and now she is more. But that could also just be a sign of the season, i.e. all the press trips are winding down for Christmas. Do you guys reckon she reads this thread?

Whoever said ageeeees ago that amazing comment that started off with "Good morning guys!" *throws arm out to the side* I appreciated it greatly. When Fleur did that in day one I was crying :rofl:

Also: SHE NEEDS TO STOP SINGING HER SENTENCES. MY GOD. FLEUR, YOU ARE NOT IN A MUSICAL OR A CHOIR. DON'T SING EACH BLOODY SENTENCE. WE DON'T CARE.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

@blair: i TOTALLY feel you! and i guess it is why so many people find amelia's vlogmas this year so great and refreshing!

i personally absolutely do not expect her (or anyone else) to do vlogmas. i always hope that people do vlogmas because they like the season and are happy to share some festive vibes! but of course i also understand that vlogmas turned somewhat into "business": large amount of viewers most likely, so it is relevant for ads, new products etc. sadly, this is what vlogmas has become. a one-month-length-commercial IMHO.

the consumerism really baffles me this year! not only in regards to fleur; i mean look at zoe or others. it is all abotu BUYING BUYING BUYING. and, like in the previous post, it is not fun to watch for me anymore either. hell, i am loaded with assignments for uni before christmas and i amsure others who have families, Jobs etc have lots to do, too!

lets face it: while i appreciate her reviewing and using expensive products etc, most of us cannot afford it. i got to make sure my fridge is full of food and so on.

what i would like to see? a genuine vlogmas. i am not sure what that would mean to me. probably like DIY's, nice and cheap gift ideas for family and friends. i am sure lots of us have family and friends abroad or in different cities, so maybe a video on packing a christmas parcel for our loved ones on a budget would be a cool thing.

i also would enjoy some tutorials and in vlogs i wouldnt mind people wandering around and filming the christmas spirit for us! i mean, people fleur are in london! show us maybe a bit of that festive london. maybe a tour of londons greatest christmas decorations, christmas markets and so on. i am sure there are loads of concerts related to festive music, too!

this being said, i totally get that "vlogmas" is a job. but with fleur and others it becomes a half-assed job now. which i find sad and irritating at the same time. then just do weekly christmas vlogs or only a few, but then great and nice christmas videos.

sorry for ranting and rambling. maybe some of you will get my point ;)

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

^ couldn't agree more. And what Amelia did for the few days was fantastic. Showed us around London while raising money for charity and gave us some laughs. I can't STAND how she thinks it's cute to emasculate her husband. "And what are YOU eating, naughty thing." Ugh. It's not sexy.

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

^ Yep the Fleur Fatigue is real and I feel it coming on strong right now. She is just... wearing me out.

BlancheDevereau
Informer
Informer

Post by BlancheDevereau »

I think she reads here and saw where we are always complaining about "secret meetings" and "cheeky sushi" in all of her vlogs and thought she would throw in those other two videos to spare us from that. I'd honestly rather have no video than the two non-vlogs. Those would have been find during any other time, but Vlogmas is Supposed to be all about the holidays. Ugh, I just don't know anymore. I really like fleur, but her makeup is all the same, her favorites are things we never see again, and her vlogs make my own life look exciting. The only videos I still enjoy are her disappointing products, but I thought her latest installment even fell a little flat :(

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Devastat0r »

I don't really care that she did "Non-Vlogs" on her channel but the majority of Youtubers would have uploaded both the "fun" video and their vlog.

I'm usually a huge fan but it's disappointing.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

Didn't even watch the non-vlog videos.

Compare to Amelia last year who did do a mixture of vlogs and other videos, but (a) it was all on her main channel, (b) she told everyone in advance that that was the plan, (c) she still did more vlogging than usual and (d) if I remember rightly her other videos were festive or appropriate for that month (December Faves etc...).

My first thought is that if she's getting tired of vlogging and the novelty has worn off, or she knows she's not going to have much interesting stuff to film, then don't do it. Or say in advance it's going to be weekly vlogs. But then I think of the money and go, "D'oh! She's going to earn loads off this even if it's poor." She will lose some subscribers if it continues like this to the end of the month, but as seems the case with big Youtubers, their subscriber count goes up and up even when long-term viewers who've noticed a decline in quality step away. There doesn't seem to be any incentive to keep up quality in the short-to-medium term.

@perennialamateur - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, but I think quite a few "average" people have the money to do building work on their house (its most of my hubby's business). They just choose traditional materials and are wary of new things. The cheaper homewares are comparable to £3 nail polishes and lipsticks - a little pick-me-up that nearly everyone can afford so they're still popular.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

Post by Guest »

al218 wrote: I can't STAND how she thinks it's cute to emasculate her husband. "And what are YOU eating, naughty thing." Ugh. It's not sexy.
At first, I thought this was cute until I realised that's exactly how she speaks to her dogs and nephews/nieces :)

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

I agree with you guys about Amelia. I've been watching her for a while now. It's refreshing to see someone who really has money, not being ashamed of it, making up fake excuses and/or covering it up. Also, I hate when people brag about helping others, but Amelia is using YT as a great platform, showing us a little bit so if you wanna help, you can or you at least get some inspiration! I belive a lot of YTers do charity and don't mention it cause of various reasons, but why not make us aware of something once in a freaking blue moon? If you can fill your favorites with all the stuff you're supposed to sell, you might as well do some good and "show off"!
It's vlogmas for God's sake, show me some fake baby Jesus doll, a christmas market or people singing christmas carols. I'm sich of you feeling poorly and cheeky with your ooooh so daring red lipstick -.-

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

I don't understand why Fleur chose such a weird vlog schedule. She either vlogs all month or doesn't vlog at all. Why not vlog a few days a month when something interesting is going on instead of subjecting her viewers to 30 straight days of secret meetings, poorly lit food, cheeky purchases, Piggle Wiggle and generally mediocre content? It would mean less work for her and less boredom for her subscribers.

They are absolute morons for not keeping Piglet on a leash.

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

While yes, I too am disappointed with her lack of vlogging this Vlogmas, I feel that if she had explained this beforehand it would not get this response. I watch other Youtubers (more stationary related) and some of them do Vlogmas - but -not -quite and throw in other videos once a week. They said that before December started that that is what they would do, and everyone's fine with that.

With Fleur, it just feels like a sneaky way out of vlogging, no matter how much time the other videos took to make.

pretty belle
Informer
Informer

Post by pretty belle »

eileen_2015 wrote:
With Fleur, it just feels like a sneaky way out of vlogging, no matter how much time the other videos took to make.
Exactly. I mean she responded with something like "But those videos are way more work than vlogs". Come on, Fleur, it's a big difference if you film those videos 1 month before Vlogmas and have lots of time to edit (I'm not even sure she edited the dog video as she said "when I saw the video for the first time" and other people in the comments also asked if she edited it herself) orrrr if you daily vlog, have to make sure to show interesting stuff, have to edit in the evening/morning and have to upload it straight away. Vlogmas daily vlogging is a full time job while the non-vlog videos were normal (partially paid) videos she had on her weekly filming schedule for her. She really just wants to make herself feel better about her "plan".

Return to “FleurDeForce”