Ruffian
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - General thread part 11

Post by Ruffian »

I
Hello there. I've only ever watched maybe 3 or 4 of Fleur's videos. I like her youtube name but I just don't find her all that interesting. To me she comes off as an airbrushed pretty princess with a staged life. Perhaps that's not the case but that's how it looks. She does seem sweet.

matte
Debater
Debater

Post by matte »

Ruffian wrote:I
Hello there. I've only ever watched maybe 3 or 4 of Fleur's videos. I like her youtube name but I just don't find her all that interesting. To me she comes off as an airbrushed pretty princess with a staged life. Perhaps that's not the case but that's how it looks. She does seem sweet.
She definitely has a charmed life, but somehow she comes off as less fake and more down-to-earth than a lot of people who grew up with more modest means. Someone like Estee seems way more staged and edited than Fleur has ever seemed to me.

I like that Fleur, even though she's always been well-off and has a sizable income of her own from YT, will say that products like Oribe are outrageously priced. However, I don't like that she still insists on buying fugly clothes and bags just because they're on clearance.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

That was my impression too a couple of years back when I first tried watching her channel. She tends to grow on you though. Not saying that I guarantee that you'll definitely end up liking her videos, but the more you watch, the more chances you get to see her acting less reserved here and there and that "staged princess" impression wears off.

JazWozEre
Learner
Learner

Post by JazWozEre »

Biba girl wrote:

That was my impression too a couple of years back when I first tried watching her channel. She tends to grow on you though. Not saying that I guarantee that you'll definitely end up liking her videos, but the more you watch, the more chances you get to see her acting less reserved here and there and that "staged princess" impression wears off.
Totally agree, the first few vids I watched of her I thought she seemed so unrelatable and posh, she used to be sat on her bed or floor chatting to the cam with blue eye-shadow! Aww.... But a few videos passed and now I totally love her! She is one of my favs!

portobadisco11
Lurker
Lurker

Post by portobadisco11 »

My impression of Fleur is that while proffessional, she is a snob. She seems like the type that other Brit vloggers won't have much time for because of that attitude which would account for hardly any having any sort of amicable relationship with her. However Americans, who are easily impressed with any British accent and her privileged lifestyle together with Fleur herself toning down the standoffishness when in the USA (Notice how everything is always wonderful there), would overlook that more easier.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Fleur is racist because she doesn't have any coloured friends .... right. Does that mean if she didn't have any homosexual friends that woud make her homophobic? Does she have religious friends? I hope so otherwise she might be Theophobic.
How ridiculous.

I think that all the other Brit youtubers are just so immature and obsessed with an underhanded way of networking that Fleur would prefer not to associate with them.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

onigiri815 wrote:Fleur is racist because she doesn't have any coloured friends .... right. Does that mean if she didn't have any homosexual friends that woud make her homophobic? Does she have religious friends? I hope so otherwise she might be Theophobic.
How ridiculous.

I think that all the other Brit youtubers are just so immature and obsessed with an underhanded way of networking that Fleur would prefer not to associate with them.
someone literally just posted on the previous page that it's offensive to refer to someone as "coloured" in 2015.

fleur prefers not to associate with british wannabes, but will do collab videos with the biggest american wannabe there is, nikki phillippi. ok.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Nikki Phillipi is just nasty.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I find it interesting that Fleur can not just stay home ONE DAY with Mike. He just wants to relax with her and she wants to do something "romantical"….meaning dine out and shop. I was like that at one point, but man oh man when does it stop? By the way, that Zara necklace she HAD to have in the airport is just FUG. I saw it today in the States and it's 50 bucks and hideous.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

onigiri815 wrote:Fleur is racist because she doesn't have any coloured friends .... right. Does that mean if she didn't have any homosexual friends that woud make her homophobic? Does she have religious friends? I hope so otherwise she might be Theophobic.
How ridiculous.

You're a bit dim, aren't you?

Religious belief and sexuality are not as obvious as race. You see a person, you can tell if they are Black/Brown etc, but you can't tell if they're Christian or lesbian.

The point people are trying to make is that having exclusively white friends/not having a mixture of friends shows that she is from a very typical middle class, suburban, wealthy family and she doesn't have any idea of life outside whiteness. You don't think it's a better idea for people to be more integrated with other communities? There is such a drive for ghettos to be broken in the UK because politicians believe it creates radicalisation, the same ought to occur for white middle class people who need to understand other cultures and races in order to pass on a more tolerant attitude to their offspring

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Let's not unravel & go crazy just bc some troll came here to complain that Fleurs' only friends are "white people".

I'm from Canada & while we have issues, classes aren't divided in the same way that the UK is. From what I understand, the issue of "class division" or the gap between upper/middle/lower class is quite extreme in the UK. I've read other posts about it in Estees' thread.

The whole "Fleur needs to make friends with other races" thing is kind of silly. It's like something Michael Scott would do on The Office :roll:

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Or it could just be coincidence she just has white friends? Your intelligence must be off the scale if you can automatically tell that just because someone only has friends of one race/colour etc that it means they are this that and the other. Considering I am half asian, yes I do think it is a great idea to be integrated with other communities. But yo, thanks for just also generalising my views on things from a 5 sentence internet post.

Also, I didn't see on the other page that that term is offensive. I don't even know why I used it and I apologise.

Thank you baconpancakes, your post brings up a good point.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

OutOfLurkingDarkness wrote:
BBBBlogger wrote:As for the person insinuating that she's racist because she has no coloured friends...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek I just cringed, please please please don't use the term "coloured", it's outdated and many people of colour find it very uncomfortable and derogatory. I know it was not your intention and I'm not trying to police your language but since your post was about this I think it's important to point it out.
Hey outoflurking I missed this post but just wanted to acknowledge it here to show I know I made a mistake using the word too.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

^So refreshing to see someone take critique positively & correct themselves when in the "wrong" instead of flipping virtual tables & carrying on (coughcoughIngridsthreadahem). Btw, onigiri815, your username always makes me hungry :P

I should probably point out that my post about class division was in response to whoever mentioned race in relation to wealth. Race doesn't = class/wealth across the board. Weren't Fleur & Amelia Lianna friends at some point? Amelias' family is loaded & not 100% "white" so there's that example.

Fleur does have gay friends too, Joey & Ingrid ;)

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

al218 wrote:I find it interesting that Fleur can not just stay home ONE DAY with Mike. He just wants to relax with her and she wants to do something "romantical"….meaning dine out and shop. I was like that at one point, but man oh man when does it stop? By the way, that Zara necklace she HAD to have in the airport is just FUG. I saw it today in the States and it's 50 bucks and hideous.
They stay in all the time and watch films and stuff. They seem to spend plenty of time doing what the other likes. Idk there's stuff that's a justifiable criticism of Fleur but I don't really think that's one of them.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

baconpancakes wrote:^So refreshing to see someone take critique positively & correct themselves when in the "wrong" instead of flipping virtual tables & carrying on (coughcoughIngridsthreadahem). Btw, onigiri815, your username always makes me hungry :P

I should probably point out that my post about class division was in response to whoever mentioned race in relation to wealth. Race doesn't = class/wealth across the board. Weren't Fleur & Amelia Lianna friends at some point? Amelias' family is loaded & not 100% "white" so there's that example.

Fleur does have gay friends too, Joey & Ingrid ;)
Haha thanks, I want to apologise because I am constantly the butt of some very racist jokes and I'm only half caste and not even that tanned or dark etc. So I can't imagine how bad it might be for others and I don't want to add to it.

And yeah I know Fleur has gay friends :P but if she didn't was my point haha! and wish I could get the real deal onigiri here in oz. Sigh.

I really enjoy Fleur's get ready with me's. I don't know why. I think because she doesn't fluff them up and I get to see her makeup but nothing too intricate (seeing as, lets be honest, she's not a makeup artist at all)
Also I think Fleur prefers to do stuff with her day and she and Mike do alot at night, dinners, movies in, cooking 'together' (mostly mike cooking haha!) playing with the dogs etc.

JazWozEre
Learner
Learner

Post by JazWozEre »

TrixieMattel wrote:
How ridiculous.

Religious belief and sexuality are not as obvious as race. You see a person, you can tell if they are Black/Brown etc, but you can't tell if they're Christian or lesbian.

The point people are trying to make is that having exclusively white friends/not having a mixture of friends shows that she is from a very typical middle class, suburban, wealthy family and she doesn't have any idea of life outside whiteness. You don't think it's a better idea for people to be more integrated with other communities? There is such a drive for ghettos to be broken in the UK because politicians believe it creates radicalisation, the same ought to occur for white middle class people who need to understand other cultures and races in order to pass on a more tolerant attitude to their offspring
So do you expect she (and all other white middle class communities) should up and move into or near one of these 'ghettos' to make them come outside and mingle?? It's just not going to happen. Anyways from what I've seen from research that has been done before (experiment tv shows) these communities of other races/cultures in Britain don't necessarily want to mix with white people anyways! Sometimes they can be just as sheltered and bad at mixing as any white community!! FFS Fleur is a normal girl living her life, she isn't a saint or doing frikkin humanitarian work so why should she be even thought of in that way??? I'm sure she knows black/asian people as all people do, but perhaps they aren't youtubers!!

Anyway just thinking about this now.... Amelia is not Caucasian and she's friends with her! Does that give Fleur some 'cool' points now?? Or is Amelia too rich to be classed in the same bracket as the person you are saying Fleur needs to befriend?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

:respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

portobadisco11
Lurker
Lurker

Post by portobadisco11 »

JazWozEre wrote:
TrixieMattel wrote:
How ridiculous.

So do you expect she (and all other white middle class communities) should up and move into or near one of these 'ghettos' to make them come outside and mingle?? It's just not going to happen. Anyways from what I've seen from research that has been done before (experiment tv shows) these communities of other races/cultures in Britain don't necessarily want to mix with white people anyways! Sometimes they can be just as sheltered and bad at mixing as any white community!! FFS Fleur is a normal girl living her life, she isn't a saint or doing frikkin humanitarian work so why should she be even thought of in that way??? I'm sure she knows black/asian people as all people do, but perhaps they aren't youtubers!!

Anyway just thinking about this now.... Amelia is not Caucasian and she's friends with her! Does that give Fleur some 'cool' points now?? Or is Amelia too rich to be classed in the same bracket as the person you are saying Fleur needs to befriend?
Dear God, this tells me all I need to know about you. So the only places to find black people is near or in the ghettos? :( :( :( :( :(

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

portobadisco11 wrote:
JazWozEre wrote:
TrixieMattel wrote:
How ridiculous.

Dear God, this tells me all I need to know about you. So the only places to find black people is near or in the ghettos? :( :( :( :( :(
Oh c'mon, I'm pretty sure that's not what she meant. Her post in general was quite accurate, there is no need to pick on that one little detail and make such a fuss out of it... :)

Return to “FleurDeForce”