Sneaky shades of FleurDeForce - General thread part 10

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sneaky shades of FleurDeForce - General thread part 10

Post by Devastat0r » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm

itsmebitches wrote:
Devastat0r wrote:Maybe instead of her own range she'll just get a special one kinda like Ingreed's simple wipe package.
Ingrid did that? Didn't know that. I wish fleur would do that with some big name like Charlotte or chanel but it won't happen because they don't need that type of stuff to sell mass products.

Yeah it was a special package designed by "her" as well as some design students that was sold on their online store and maybe Ulta. Link

I could see her collaborating with a brand like Rimmel. They often do one run special collections and it could be a liner, a lipstick and a gloss. She does use their products so it wouldn't be out of the scope of possibility. Probably would end up a UK only promotional thing. Honestly if that was to happen it should be around something big like her book release or maybe if she gets a TV gig.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by itsmebitches » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Devastat0r wrote:
itsmebitches wrote:
Devastat0r wrote:Maybe instead of her own range she'll just get a special one kinda like Ingreed's simple wipe package.
Ingrid did that? Didn't know that. I wish fleur would do that with some big name like Charlotte or chanel but it won't happen because they don't need that type of stuff to sell mass products.

Yeah it was a special package designed by "her" as well as some design students that was sold on their online store and maybe Ulta. Link

I could see her collaborating with a brand like Rimmel. They often do one run special collections and it could be a liner, a lipstick and a gloss. She does use their products so it wouldn't be out of the scope of possibility. Probably would end up a UK only promotional thing. Honestly if that was to happen it should be around something big like her book release or maybe if she gets a TV gig.
Rimmel and Max Factor make sense. Did a lot with Max factor in the early days. Also, Rimmel promoted her book for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:24 pm

I've got to say I'm disappointed that they left Piglet in the car alone so they could go to Nando's. I don't know about the UK but here in the US, it's been freezing (I'm talking -15F) and I would never think to leave my pet out alone in that weather. And the way she said "she'll be okay, she was not very impressed" really didn't sit well with me ugh

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 pm

It is no where near that cold. Yes they should have figured something else out but it was high 30s F. It would be the same as having a dog outside in the weather. It's the same in London as it is in the middle of Texas right now...

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 pm

itsmebitches wrote:It is no where near that cold. Yes they should have figured something else out but it was high 30s F. It would be the same as having a dog outside in the weather. It's the same in London as it is in the middle of Texas right now...

Exactly. Plus, it was only 30 minutes, it's fine.

English is not my first language

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by whyamihereee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Maybe she does have something with Rimmel. Why would they promote her? It could be a lip colour and not a lip gloss range

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:49 pm

I don't think it's been confirmed that Fleur has any beauty products coming out. Just speculation about her mystery trip to Devon and that there is a cosmetics factory located there.

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 am

I usually just lurk here but I had to post after reading above.

Regardless of the weather, you should never EVER ever leave a dog unattended in a car for any amount of time. It is all too easy for someone to break into said car and steal it. And little dogs can become so distressed when being left. I'm not saying that Piglet was but it just seems like an irresponsible thing to do. I have two chihuahuas and I would never ever leave them unattended anywhere in public.

snowbunny
Talker
Talker

Post by snowbunny » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 am

WTH this outpouring of Fleur love seems fishy as heck coinciding with the release of her book. Shills? New accounts? Damage control?

Sure i have no real issue with Fleur overall compared to other gurus but this thread has gone off the rails and i feel like i'm in the twilight zone.

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 am

snowbunny wrote:WTH this outpouring of Fleur love seems fishy as heck coinciding with the release of her book. Shills? New accounts? Damage control?

Sure i have no real issue with Fleur overall compared to other gurus but this thread has gone off the rails and i feel like i'm in the twilight zone.
Look at who's posting and look at our number of posts, Fleur's section has been chiller than the rest ever since part 5 or 6. It coincides with her actually uploading on schedule, splitting from the Gleam crowd, throwing shade at them and generally being more mature than the rest of vloggers. Trash sections aren't always supposed to be a ball of hatred, many people use them for constructive criticism, which Fleur has taken into account.

cookiesandjam
Learner
Learner

Post by cookiesandjam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 am

Or people could just be liking her content? I know that's why I like her. I enjoy watching her videos, especially her vlogs, and I actually want her book to do well because of the amount of work she put into it. Regardless of whether you like her videos she is one of the hardest working youtubers out there. I think people on this thread appreciate the fact that she puts the work in and is genuinely grateful to be where she is and have the viewers she has.

Also what do you mean by damage control? What exactly is there to be controlled?

WetsyBoopLoop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WetsyBoopLoop » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:18 am

If Piglet was left in a public car park where people could see her maybe it would be an issue to me, because people could steal her and she'll be distressed.
However, they were in a business car park (or whatever its called) lower down, away from public eye which usually has CCTV. It also looked very empty, for half an hour. I don't think the risks were that great in that sense. Dogs are left in cars with the window down in hot weather while people nip into shops for 5 mins, I don't think it's a huge deal. Depends where you leave them/your area I think.
I do think it would freak the poor pup out as they have never left her in the car alone and I wouldn't leave my dog for that reason. Plus, leaving pedigrees is risky as people will steal them to sell them on and earn some money - which would be unlikely I suppose based on the emptiness of the lot Pig was left.

sillypeanut
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sillypeanut » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:25 am

The dog has fur. 30 degrees F is not freezing for a furry dog. Piglet was only in the car for 30 minutes. She has a fleece lined dog bag. She was fine.

I'm getting really tired of people getting butthurt over the positive comments about Fleur. We know this is the Trash section, but if there's not much material for us to Trash then what do you want us to do? Make shit up?

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:45 am

Her thread always gets more positive when she vlogs, she's a nice girl and Mike helps lol.

atlantique
Talker
Talker

Post by atlantique » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 am

heyheyheynow wrote:I don't think it's been confirmed that Fleur has any beauty products coming out. Just speculation about her mystery trip to Devon and that there is a cosmetics factory located there.
also based on her tweet linked a couple pages back... basically someone was like "what lippie were you wearing in Manchester" and she said "it's top secret, I can tell you in a few months!!" seems pretty telling to me

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Devastat0r » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 am

sillypeanut wrote:The dog has fur. 30 degrees F is not freezing for a furry dog. Piglet was only in the car for 30 minutes. She has a fleece lined dog bag. She was fine.

I'm getting really tired of people getting butthurt over the positive comments about Fleur. We know this is the Trash section, but if there's not much material for us to Trash then what do you want us to do? Make shit up?
I don't like leaving my dogs in the car as they don't like the car either. As fleur said about piglet they would not be impressed, but they settle down in a few minutes and we typically leave the car on.

30 minutes in a bed, in a car, in an enclosed car park where we don't know if the car is running or not is not going to kill her.

Some people act as if everything any pet owner ever does is Animal Abuse when there are actual crimes towards animals going on in the world.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 am

Nobody's saying it's animal abuse or that Piglet was gonna die lmao. It's obvious that Fleur and Mike love their dogs and take great care of them. But I still think it's irresponsible to leave pets alone in the car. Would you leave your child alone for 30 minutes in the car? And chances are walking into Nando's, getting seated, ordering, waiting for food, eating, waiting for the bill take more than 30 minutes.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:02 am

^ Yeeeeeeep. I like Fleur, but I just don't get people who leaves their dog inside their car. They could have gone for a drive through or something.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 am

A dog is NOT a child.

BBBlogger
Talker
Talker

Post by BBBlogger » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 am

As much as I LOVE dogs. A dog is a dog and 30 minutes in a warm secure car isn't going to traumatise them. She would have likely settled in a couple of minutes and slept until they got back. It's not freezing not too hot in England and they were in a secure car park. Fleur loves her dogs and would never put them in any sort of danger or mistreatment I think we could all agree on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signedconfessions
Talker
Talker

Post by signedconfessions » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

OT: guys, I'm so proud to be part of this thread. I'm glad we're not as nasty or nitpicky as some of the other threads. Also I feel like there's a lot of respect here for both fleur and for each other's opinions! You go girls! ((Hugs))

(P.s. I'm totally PMS ing and being emotional at everything)!

boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by boop » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 am

itsmebitches wrote:A dog is NOT a child.

DOn't say that around here - some people act like pets are equivalent to children and how they should be treated.

That being said, as soon as she said she left Piglet, I knew there was going to be controversy - but seeing that it's not extremely cold, or hot - I think it's fine.

sillypeanut
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sillypeanut » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 am

^ I also had a feeling that leaving Pig in the car was going to be a controversial topic. I personally don't leave my dogs in the car for any longer than a few minutes (ie: running into a rest stop), but I really don't think Fleur's situation was irresponsible or bad. They had been out of town all day and needed a place to eat a quick meal. If it was a sunny, warm day then I would think otherwise.

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Devastat0r » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 am

itsmebitches wrote:A dog is NOT a child.

I treat my dogs like kids but Nando's wouldn't have kicked you out for bringing a toddler haha.

alliwantistruth
Informer
Informer

Post by alliwantistruth » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Maybe Nando's would be quicker as Fleur as a Nando's black card? Idk, just guessing haha! ( as seen here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/li ... -mums.html)

Ngl, pretty envious she has one of those though. Nandos. :love2:

OT (ish) - I'm going to her Bluewater book signing tomorrow - I'm so excited!! Hahaha, I'm 22, bet I'm one of the oldest there, but at this point I don't care. I can't wait. :D :P

Return to “FleurDeForce”