Post by lottie27 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:15 am

There is literally nothing in Devon

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - Part 9

Post by tweed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:00 am

I'll be sad when Vlogmas ends, part of me wants her to switch to daily vlogging all year long lol :D It's a nice break from daily life to see her life with Mike and country house and dogs and travels and all that. She's been doing great this vlogmas so far.

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by lipstickliquor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 am

lottie27 wrote:There is literally nothing in Devon
This genuinely cracked me up. :rofl:
ImageImage

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 am

"Mike works in cars" - her vague explanation as to why they change cars so often (which in all these years I never really noticed). She doesn't need to say anything and this obviously sounds better than saying "Mike works for his dad's company that he's going to own one day so we get cars for free". I just thought it was funny that she addressed it at all because I had no idea that people had been wondering.
I think Mike works a bit more regularly now but in previous years he just took as many vacations as he seemed to like and even now he's often home during the day, so it's obviously not a 9-5 office job. During this Vlogmas, every time Fleur asked what he did during the day, he seemed to just spent all day at home doing all kinds of things.
Don't worry guys, I'm not knocking GG's Prince of Vlogmas ;)

Sweetylein27
Debater
Debater

Post by Sweetylein27 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 am

^ as far as I understood he is working from home! I might be wrong but I think he does most of his job from the laptop:)
English is not my first language.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 am

I mean, he's been working for them since he was 16. Maybe he's going through stages of "learning the business" and now he's doing admin stuff? I remember he used to be away during the day before, when they lived in the old house. He might have gotten a new job within the company since then.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

To whoever asked about Treacle not receiving any love, Fleur answered your question at the end of her new vlog!
So she does read things here, hi, Fleur, in case she's around. :respekt:
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

To whoever asked about Treacle not receiving any love, Fleur answered your question at the end of her new vlog!
So she does read things here, hi, Fleur, in case she's around. :respekt:
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:51 am

sillypeanut wrote:I actually loved the part where Fleur was talking about how she hates just filming herself talking about what she did, because she knows it's boring for us to watch her talk instead of watching her do things. I immediately thought of Ingrid. Don't know if she was intentionally throwing shade or not, but I found it hilarious. Image
Hihihi I love it when she is being shady like that... of course you would think about Ingrid because that's basically all what her vlogmas is about: 'oh I just did that thing and now I'm going to do the other thing". Cut. "Oh well I just finished that other thing and now I'm going to Target!!" :bang:

Anyway... speaking about the dogs situation, Mike's job, the constant change of cars.... I felt like Fleur was kind of contributing on our new FAQ thread :rofl:
:love2:

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 am

Mike seems like a househusband, always home fixing things or whatever, while Fleur is away with business. It's quite refreshing, they seem to have a really nice life.

andthensome
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by andthensome » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 am

lillian wrote:I'll be sad when Vlogmas ends, part of me wants her to switch to daily vlogging all year long lol :D It's a nice break from daily life to see her life with Mike and country house and dogs and travels and all that. She's been doing great this vlogmas so far.
I would like to politely disagree, I feel like daily vlogging is a death sentence. It's not natural to document every detail of your life every day, and those YouTubers who have become daily vloggers seem to regret putting themselves out there because ultimately you're exposed to that much more criticism of every decision you make on a daily basis. While I've really been enjoying Fleur's vlogs during October and December, I don't think I'd enjoy them as much all year round.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:32 am

^Oh I know what you mean about missing her vlogs but I don't agree. Many of these youtuber's "death" was because they vlogged all the time, much like reality tv when you see EVERYTHING of them all the time it ends up being monotonous and tbh their demise as well.

Meanwhile I did notice she's been responding more to our questions on here. Though I have to say Fleur that you did not have many comments at all mentioning Piglet's favoritism... Only the one as i did a quick search :) :

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

Lol @ househusband & Prince of Vlogmas :D

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:06 am

Ok well since some of you think she may read here...I have something to say to Fleur. PLEASE stop with the sing-song talking. It's beyond childish and annoying. How can you watch that back while editing and not think "I need to tone that down". Yeah.

Another thing I've noticed is she will eat sushi from anywhere! She gets it from supermarkets too. Maybe England has exceptional sushi everywhere (including supermarkets) but to me, there is nothing worse than bad sushi. I live in a city where there's lots of good sushi but also lots of bad sushi. Supermarket sushi leaves something to be desired. Maybe I'm a sushi snob :lol:

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:06 am

^ I also do a lot of sing-song when I talk, so I don't mind and it's probably her "personality", so I wouldn't want her to change it. There are already enough fake Youtubers out there who behave like people want them to.
Regarding the sushi, I've had supermarket sushi quite often and it was always fine and tasty (though my country has one of the strictest food laws and therefore am not too concerned). :)

I'm very curious what the secret project is about and I can't wait to see the two designs for her book.

toomuchfreetime
Learner
Learner

Post by toomuchfreetime » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Isn't it kinda weird that she doesn't know how to pronounce Dolce and Gabbana ? It's Dolche, not with clear 'c'. It was ok when she couldn't pronounce Sandro, Maje and Clauide Pierlot (french brands she started to wear recently which are all one same company and for which she was too far from real pronunciation) because French is hard sometimes for foreigners but I was surprised for Dolce and Gabbana as they aren't unknown as Maje and Claudie Pierlot.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I buy sushi from supermarkets too but mainly from Whole Foods or from somewhere I see the sushi chef. I think I must either never notice or I really don't mind but her sing-talk doesn't bother me? I think I've really never noticed it. It's funny how many of you are bothered by it.

facepalm
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepalm » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:03 pm

I was very surprised as well by the mispronunciation of Dolce. Maybe she never heard the real pronunciation before as people usually just say D&G? I don't know.
Image Image

KayKay
Learner
Learner

Post by KayKay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 pm

fiercelyprivate wrote:Ok well since some of you think she may read here...I have something to say to Fleur. PLEASE stop with the sing-song talking. It's beyond childish and annoying. How can you watch that back while editing and not think "I need to tone that down". Yeah.
Agreed. I dislike that (though, I think it's just because she's a happy person, and I do like her peppy attitude, it's just super annoying with the sing song) along with her interrupting people/cutting people off. Otherwise her, along with alli, are my favorite vlogs to watch. Fleur has improved a lot with her vlogs and I think she's matured.

flare1289
Talker
Talker

Post by flare1289 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:12 pm

andthensome wrote:
lillian wrote:I'll be sad when Vlogmas ends, part of me wants her to switch to daily vlogging all year long lol :D It's a nice break from daily life to see her life with Mike and country house and dogs and travels and all that. She's been doing great this vlogmas so far.
I would like to politely disagree, I feel like daily vlogging is a death sentence. It's not natural to document every detail of your life every day, and those YouTubers who have become daily vloggers seem to regret putting themselves out there because ultimately you're exposed to that much more criticism of every decision you make on a daily basis. While I've really been enjoying Fleur's vlogs during October and December, I don't think I'd enjoy them as much all year round.
Daily Vlogging can be rough, but it clearly doesn't hurt everyone or Shay and CTFxC would be gone. However I will say the CTFxC divorce was probably the worst thing I ever saw play out on YouTube next to the Zoella drama that is. The fact is I wonder how delusional you have to be to not see the daily vloggins is not healthy. Even back in the day Justine did it too and she says there is no way she'd go back to it. I think it just opens up way too much hate and I also think tubers have a hard time making each day interesting. At least with Shay he has a ton of kids and a large family so basically every day for him is different. I find Charles kind of boring and stopped watching him a loooong time ago. I also think there are some fairly interesting British vloggers as well, but I don't have enough time to watch everyone.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm

I feel like too much vlogging ruins a lot of channels for me. Didn't Fleur do that every other month vlogging? That really put me off her for a while.

sillypeanut
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sillypeanut » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 pm

^ Ditto. I kind of stopped watching her vlogs after last Christmas because they were starting to bore me. I think she was trying to milk it longer than necessary. I have enjoyed this year's vlogmas a lot though.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

I think that doing daily vlogging because her vlogmas was great is a huge mistake. It's like doing a sequel for a great movie... the sequel usually sucks.
It will be repetitive, sometimes not interesting enough, and it will be just an over-exposure for nothing. Weekly vlogs? maybe. But daily vlogging is a no no in my opinion.
The sing-song talking is really irritating, I know, because I do that too and people around me kind of point it out sometimes in a funny way but you can feel that it irritates them. I tried sooo hard to stop it but I just can't lol I think it's a personality trait or something you grow up doing and it's not gonna go away!
:love2:

atlantique
Talker
Talker

Post by atlantique » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:21 pm

If she does daily vlogging I can imagine her love of filming Piglet turn into a Reggie type obsession... #swerve

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:27 pm

At least she doesn't speak "for" her dogs...... "Piggy dog, piggy dog, does whatever a piggy dog does" or whatever :bang:

Return to “FleurDeForce”