wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - Part 8 General Thread

Post by wendy_wong »

PinkPhoenix wrote:
wendy_wong wrote:Talking about her teeth: i dont want her to fix them! Too many plastic people on youtube already and she's beautiful like that. Aka she can and has the money but wont because she like little faults?

Yes no doubt about that. I have corrected my teeth. BUT my point is that even though she can afford it she's not done it (yet). It's so refreshing to see. Meanwhile you see people like Marlena from MUG and others and you cant help but feel like youtube is the cyber silicone valley of vapid nancies. Image Do it's just really refreshing to see her not walking in this direction really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, technically a corrected bite has a lot of health benefits. It's not only the physical appearance that it helps, although that is one of the main factors. Considering she clearly cares about her appearance, she should wrap up the whole package with a nice smile if she feels the need to.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

Lol. Well my post is bonked and it wont let let me edit lol.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

doudette86 wrote:i just watched some of her chicago vlogs, they are really good but i felt so sorry for her friend, that poor girl couldn't say a word without Fleur talking over her, it was kind of " i brought you here because my mom is busy, and nobody else, were available so shut up and let me vlog" it' is me or she was disrespectful, because when you are interrupting someone over and over you make him feel like you don't care about what he is saying, and its' not the way to treat a friend, i like Fleur a loooot but whenever she acts like this, make me wanna punch her
I kind of have to agree. She dismisses people's comments so quickly, but the thing is I don't think she realizes it! That's a quality I'd expect from a 16 year old, but not a grown woman.

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

bits wrote:
summertje wrote:
bits wrote:Doesn't help the fact she still bought Piglet (and I'm assuming the other two as well) from a breeder, correct? So not okay, Fleur, and a really shitty message to send to your viewers. There are enough shelters and breed-specific rescues if they absolutely need specific breeds in their lives. I really like Fleur because she's nowhere near as airheaded as other gurus but WOW did she lose respect points for that.

(Maybe this has already been covered, sorry!)
I hate when people bring this up. What are we supposed to do with the dogs from breeders? Kill them? Since according to you people are not allowed to get dogs from breeders. Seriously, stop it.
Where did I say we should kill them? Relax, bro. If there's a demand for puppies then people will keep breeding them. Y'know, supply, demand, basic economics? It's putting more animals into the world where there are already thousands of perfectly healthy ones being euthanized. Seriously, read up on your capitalist theories.

Have fun with your dead dogs, y'all.
You didn't say that, but you did say people shouldn't get dogs from breeders, so I'm asking you what we're supposed to do with breeder dogs. And Idk where you're from (America? They only people I've heard complaining about people getting dogs from breeders were Americans) but in my country that isn't a problem at all. In England it isn't really either. Most dogs come from breeders. There aren't that many shelter dogs (and in my country, shelter dogs don't get euthanized, they stay in the shelter till they die). Besides that, shelter dogs usually are pretty old. Why should a young couple like Fleur and Mike get a dog that will die within a view years because of old age? Losing a pet sucks.

You're that typical ''I'll sit on my lazy ass all day and complain on the internet about what everyone does wrong and expect that will change something'' kind of person. But you know what? Your complains here won't change anything. What exactly are you doing about this problem? Probably nothing.

haleyhaleyhal
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by haleyhaleyhal »

Jenna Marbles wrote something about this in the description of the video with Julian's new puppy.. breeding dogs isn't the problem. It's people's attitudes towards dogs and being disposable. They will adopt a dog, maybe it doesn't work out, so they take it back to the shelter. or maybe they get a dog, keep it for a while, and then need to move or something and it doesn't work out, so again.. they bring it back to the shelter. I see no problem in a person adopting a dog from a breeder and keeping it for their whole life.

"In the oven it's not by hand"

LurkyMcLurkerton
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LurkyMcLurkerton »

Part of the problem is also people seeing that dogs from breeders are somehow more desirable, which leads people to want to be "breeders" thinking it's quick and easy money. That's led to a lot of puppy mills where there are as many dogs as a person can fit into a given space, constantly producing puppies, then selling them as "pure breads" and marketing them as a fancy commodity. But yeah, I would say it's primarily an American problem, haven't really seen/heard complaints of it elsewhere.

Hi, I'm new to this thread :D

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

I think trashing her over a dog is petty and dumb. She obviously adores all of her pets so good for her! I agree with the above. It's not the breeders it's the inordinate amount of idiots that think pets are nothing more than disposable accessories to fit their whim. I like animals more than people and would love to euthanize the fools that give up their pets.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

summertje wrote:
bits wrote:
summertje wrote:
bits wrote:Doesn't help the fact she still bought Piglet (and I'm assuming the other two as well) from a breeder, correct? So not okay, Fleur, and a really shitty message to send to your viewers. There are enough shelters and breed-specific rescues if they absolutely need specific breeds in their lives. I really like Fleur because she's nowhere near as airheaded as other gurus but WOW did she lose respect points for that.

(Maybe this has already been covered, sorry!)
I hate when people bring this up. What are we supposed to do with the dogs from breeders? Kill them? Since according to you people are not allowed to get dogs from breeders. Seriously, stop it.
Where did I say we should kill them? Relax, bro. If there's a demand for puppies then people will keep breeding them. Y'know, supply, demand, basic economics? It's putting more animals into the world where there are already thousands of perfectly healthy ones being euthanized. Seriously, read up on your capitalist theories.

You didn't say that, but you did say people shouldn't get dogs from breeders, so I'm asking you what we're supposed to do with breeder dogs. And Idk where you're from (America? They only people I've heard complaining about people getting dogs from breeders were Americans) but in my country that isn't a problem at all. In England it isn't really either. Most dogs come from breeders. There aren't that many shelter dogs (and in my country, shelter dogs don't get euthanized, they stay in the shelter till they die). Besides that, shelter dogs usually are pretty old. Why should a young couple like Fleur and Mike get a dog that will die within a view years because of old age? Losing a pet sucks.

You're that typical ''I'll sit on my lazy ass all day and complain on the internet about what everyone does wrong and expect that will change something'' kind of person. But you know what? Your complains here won't change anything. What exactly are you doing about this problem? Probably nothing.
Hey man, we're both here wasting our time on a gossip site. And how slow do you type where a few posts equals sitting on my 'lazy ass all day'?
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

GuineaPig
Learner
Learner

Post by GuineaPig »

I personally like how most Europeans won't fix their teeth if they are just slightly crooked (of course, if it causes a problem you have to do something about it ... or if it bothers you). It's natural and it's part of who you are. I know people who had their teeth fixed and now their teeth look identical and completely artificial.

About the dogs: where I'm from there aren't even dogs in shelters. Everyone gets their dog from a breeder as they need to be pedigreed. It's normal to drive to a breeder's house, look at the parents of the dog and the house the breeder lives in and they will talk to you for a few hours because they wanna know that their puppies are in good hands, too.

ExpectoPatronum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ExpectoPatronum »

I love the Sorted Food Guys... this video was rather funny, wouldn´t catch any of the Gleam crew playing Spit, Swallow or Seconds :D :D :D :D
[youtube][/youtube]

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I hope they wait a long time to have kids! I quite enjoy her and Mike on their own.

I do not think I could sit through vlogs of pregnant Fleur but who knows. Her personality is adorable.

dontmindme
Informer
Informer

Post by dontmindme »

Just to address the rescue dog topic-

Rescue dogs are prolific in the uk. Thousands of dogs are killed weekly because there's no room in shelters for them and shelters are underfunded and overrun. They have a lot of mongrels but increasingly pedigree and popular cross breeds. Rescuing is very popular and seen as an ethically better thing to do than buying from a breeder for this very reason. There are hundreds of breed rescues so whilst it might be difficult finding a pedigree puppy it's easy to find a pedigree dog.

Most rescue dogs do not have issues. Many are rehomed due to the death of their owner or other circumstances that are in no way the dogs fault. It's actually a good idea to rescue if you want an easy dog because the rescue will match you with your ideal dog according to your circumstances rather than taking a puppy home that could have any number of unseen and as yet unknown behavioral issues. It's also easier to take on a trained dog from a rescue & you're less likely to mess it up than with a puppy that is hard work!

Sorry for the long post but the misinformation about rescues bugs me.

Source - experience in rescue centres & I'm a dog walker and work with & know hundreds of dogs and owners.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

pinkbows wrote:
bits wrote:

You have issues.
Because I can sleep soundly at night knowing I'm not adding to a larger problem? Totally.
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Why is this even an issue at all? I hear this all the time how people try to take the moral high ground over how and why and when to get/adopt/rescue animals.
Fleur knew what she wanted. She knew what she was in for. She knew how to care for a dog. All these things and more does NOT make her part of the problem. The people who are part of the problem are the ones who think dogs are fun and puppies are cute and they buy one and when it's too much they give it back.
I know a few breeders and they always seem to have some way of ensuring the litter is completely sold, to good families and the 4 I know have never had a pup come home to them. They also keep tabs for a year or two. My newest dog, his family asked us to send photos of him when he grows up so they can see and its a subtle way of checking we still have him I suppose.
I JUST asked my dad if he ever considered getting a shelter dog and our family did look but ultimately decided that the dogs we did see we would not be able to give them the proper care. Would you prefer we still adopted one and gave it an even worse life?
Don't judge other people for such a subjective topic and lay off on the whole "dead dogs issue". You have issues and don't try to use shock value so crudely to change peoples minds.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

Every couple months there is this circle jerk of comments about the damn dogs. :horse: Moving on......let's talk about how she's late again with her vlogs and or how pretty much every single video on her main channel is sponsored these days....anything but the dogs!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

At least she puts a disclaimer in the description. That's more than what I can say for most of the youtubers out there who get sponsored all the time.

Hidden Orchid
Learner
Learner

Post by Hidden Orchid »

I admit I'm a bit :? about the fact that almost all of her main channel videos are sponsored - but as much as I usually hate native advertising I love the fact that she's usually sponsored about one thing and talks about 20 other products at the same time. To me it feels like a normal channel video with one item extra slipped in that I can just ignore.

I feel that she's overdoing with treating youtube as a job - it seems that she only does a non-vlog video if she gets a large 'salary' from it.

Post by Guest »

Watching her dogs tear shit up only to have Fleur coddle them and pet them is aggravating. They'll never learn if she rewards them for bad behavior.

Unindustrious
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Unindustrious »

Sorry for adding to the topic-- but I'm sick to death of people thinking they claim some moral high ground because they think people should get rescue dogs rather than breeder dogs. Next it'll be "How dare you have your own children when there's millions of orphans in the world?" Just shut up, it's none of your business where people get their dogs from. Just focus on whether they treat that dog right.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

Here I was thinking I was going to catch up on what people have to say about Fleur and instead there's only stuff about dogs... alright then.

Return to “FleurDeForce”