True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurDeForce - Part 8 General Thread

Post by heyheyheynow »

Trolley-Dolly wrote:
heyheyheynow wrote:
Sabrinajaine wrote:True, but I think that this amount of sponsored videos is probably unnecessary when you consider how much she already earns from views on normal videos. It just seems a little greedy, (as has been said, almost every video on her channel these days is a haul or a sponsored video, so it's funding her shopping addiction) although obviously we have no idea whether Fleur actually needs to do sponsored videos from time to time to supplement her income more than what she'd usually earn from YouTube.
I'm personally a lot less likely to watch a sponsored video.
That makes no sense. She already earns a lot, so why bother earning any more?!
So just because she already earns a lot, she shouldn't bother earning more? Where's the logic in that? :lol:

If you made it to the top of your career path and had a substantially high income, would you turn around and say nah I don't want to earn any more money? Fleur is only human.
Exactly, I agree! Sorry if my post responding to Sabrina wasn't clear in its incredulity of her statements. :tu: Movie stars make millions, does anyone say they should star in fewer movies or accept fewer advertising contracts for Maybelline and Grey Goose because they're "rich enough already"?
purplequeen wrote:We all thought Michele1218 had the perfect marriage/life but Karma has just hit that spoilt bitch hard. Fleur will get hers.
No matter how spoiled or bitchy a person is, they don't deserve to be cheated on by their husband and father of their infant child.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

purplequeen wrote:
-P- wrote:
You're a vapid cow.
And you are in the wrong section luv, this is trash a guru. Move along and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
WHAT, AM I REALLY?? No shit, Sherlock. Being in a trash a guru forum (brand new information!!) doesn't mean you have to be a fucking asshole.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

PLEASE, try to avoid offending other members. The discussion is not about you, it's about the Guru.

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

onigiri815 wrote:^ Calm down, mate.

Considering it looks like no one is willing to even just reach a mutual understanding that everyone is going to disagree I'm going to move on to comment that I thought it was funny that she does a vlog about Tanya's line (even though it wasn't in depth or anything) right after this thread has a look at her reasons for mentioning Zoe's.
Mending bridges or using her fellow Youtubers?
I think she's either just being professional and avoiding comments from subscribers asking her why she wasn't at the launch or doesn't have a problem with Tanya and Zoe.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Lush haul...

gosh, Fleur really made me want to go to the nearest shop and just boy those things. Never had them in my life, I was annoyed when Zoe and Gabby did their recent hauls but with Fleur reviewing them... it's convincing.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Fleur actually makes a stab at DESCRIBING them not just saying "they smell like christmas" she at least describes texture and what it is. Even then I will never understand why Lush is so big for them... I feel like its overpriced :/

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

onigiri815 wrote:Fleur actually makes a stab at DESCRIBING them not just saying "they smell like christmas" she at least describes texture and what it is. Even then I will never understand why Lush is so big for them... I feel like its overpriced :/
Hmm idk, I've never really seen bath bombs like that anywhere else. The products look gorgeous and besides that they are hand made, fresh, not tested on animals but on volunteers* and don't use animal fats in their products. Considering all of that I understand why you pay a little bit more than for your average bath bombs (I just googled the pricing in my country and Lush here really isn't that much more expensive than ''regular'' bath bombs). It's up to you to decide if you want to pay for those extras (I mean if you don't care about things being tested on animals or animal products being used in a product, I get why you don't want to pay for that) but I don't think it's overpriced.

* It will surprise you how many brands still test on animals in some stage of the development of a products. Most of your makeup is tested on animals. Here is a list of brands that still test on animals if your interested: http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/pdf/companiesdotest.pdf. I am not against animal testing. I study pharmaceutical sciences and I understand that animal testing it's still inevitable (the need to test on animals is getting less, but unfortunately it's still necessary to test on animals to be sure it's safe for us and even then it's not that sure. All medicine are tested on animals), but I think it's good the know what your using :)

(Sorry to go all Aslan on you :p I put this between brackets at first, but it's to much text for that.)

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I suppose I have only ever looked at their more expensive items like their gift sets and masks. I just can't justify any of the bath bombs seeing as the only bath we have seems to always be dirty and my dad is insane about water restrictions...
I agree they look gorgeous and I always do wish I could spend money on it just to feel, well, lush ;) but seeing as I have no real way to use them I always just find it bizarre. I guess also because I don't bath that often I find it insane how many bombs they buy and they seem to use them at a normal to quick rate too!

Haha and that's okay. I know alot more people who would jump down my throat about companies that animal test and I do feel it is absolutely awful.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

^ Their soaps are pretty good, and not terribly expensive considering that they last a while. In regards of the bath bombs, I've tried a few and liked them a lot, but I specifically had a draw baths just because I wanted to try the products (I'm just not a bath person, I get bored sitting there). It was more fun watching those things swirl around puking glitter all over, than spending time in the bath afterwards :D

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

I'm sorry but I felt like her last haul was an overkill. So much money spent on stuff that's just pretty to look at and for a short amount of time. I understand the need to go "festive", we all splurge a little bit on those things during holidays. But for her to go and buy tons of Christmas inspired soaps and bath bombs while it's still freakin October, it felt a little excessive. Of course its her money and she does what she wants with it, but when do we really say "stop" when shopping? I mean, it does feel satisfying when you're buying those festive Christmas-y thingies but when the time comes and it's actually Christmas you'll be over it and you will want new ones. That's how vain it is and that's what companies like Lush put their money on.
XOXO

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

summertje wrote:
onigiri815 wrote:Fleur actually makes a stab at DESCRIBING them not just saying "they smell like christmas" she at least describes texture and what it is. Even then I will never understand why Lush is so big for them... I feel like its overpriced :/
Hmm idk, I've never really seen bath bombs like that anywhere else. The products look gorgeous and besides that they are hand made, fresh, not tested on animals but on volunteers* and don't use animal fats in their products. Considering all of that I understand why you pay a little bit more than for your average bath bombs (I just googled the pricing in my country and Lush here really isn't that much more expensive than ''regular'' bath bombs). It's up to you to decide if you want to pay for those extras (I mean if you don't care about things being tested on animals or animal products being used in a product, I get why you don't want to pay for that) but I don't think it's overpriced.

* It will surprise you how many brands still test on animals in some stage of the development of a products. Most of your makeup is tested on animals. Here is a list of brands that still test on animals if your interested: http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/pdf/companiesdotest.pdf. I am not against animal testing. I study pharmaceutical sciences and I understand that animal testing it's still inevitable (the need to test on animals is getting less, but unfortunately it's still necessary to test on animals to be sure it's safe for us and even then it's not that sure. All medicine are tested on animals), but I think it's good the know what your using :)
(Sorry to go all Aslan on you with the ''*'' :p I put this between brackets at first, but it's to much text for that.)

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

onigiri815 wrote:I suppose I have only ever looked at their more expensive items like their gift sets and masks. I just can't justify any of the bath bombs seeing as the only bath we have seems to always be dirty and my dad is insane about water restrictions...
I agree they look gorgeous and I always do wish I could spend money on it just to feel, well, lush ;) but seeing as I have no real way to use them I always just find it bizarre. I guess also because I don't bath that often I find it insane how many bombs they buy and they seem to use them at a normal to quick rate too!

Haha and that's okay. I know alot more people who would jump down my throat about companies that animal test and I do feel it is absolutely awful.
Oh I meant going Aslan on you because of the ''*'' haha.

I don't know how often people bath but don't even bath once a month because I don't want to make time for it. If I would use a lush bath bomb every time I would take a bath it wouldn't be expensive. 4 euros every other month for a bath to ''pamper'' (I hate that word) yourself is pretty okay. Guess that's how you should use it. Every now and than to be nice for yourself. Keeps it special :)

GuineaPig
Learner
Learner

Post by GuineaPig »

Waldorfdarling wrote:I'm sorry but I felt like her last haul was an overkill. So much money spent on stuff that's just pretty to look at and for a short amount of time. I understand the need to go "festive", we all splurge a little bit on those things during holidays. But for her to go and buy tons of Christmas inspired soaps and bath bombs while it's still freakin October, it felt a little excessive. Of course its her money and she does what she wants with it, but when do we really say "stop" when shopping? I mean, it does feel satisfying when you're buying those festive Christmas-y thingies but when the time comes and it's actually Christmas you'll be over it and you will want new ones. That's how vain it is and that's what companies like Lush put their money on.
With all the Lush hauls that basically every yter does, I'm pretty sure that they all get send a gift card for like a 100 Pounds and they can choose how to spend that money in Lush.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

GuineaPig wrote:
Waldorfdarling wrote:I'm sorry but I felt like her last haul was an overkill. So much money spent on stuff that's just pretty to look at and for a short amount of time. I understand the need to go "festive", we all splurge a little bit on those things during holidays. But for her to go and buy tons of Christmas inspired soaps and bath bombs while it's still freakin October, it felt a little excessive. Of course its her money and she does what she wants with it, but when do we really say "stop" when shopping? I mean, it does feel satisfying when you're buying those festive Christmas-y thingies but when the time comes and it's actually Christmas you'll be over it and you will want new ones. That's how vain it is and that's what companies like Lush put their money on.
With all the Lush hauls that basically every yter does, I'm pretty sure that they all get send a gift card for like a 100 Pounds and they can choose how to spend that money in Lush.
I agree. I've seen like 4-5 Lush hauls pop up on various channels in the last couple weeks. The gift card thing is smart, they *technically* buy the items themselves and can get away with not disclosing the gift card.

The Topshop stuff though.....I went to go find that grey sweater, $76! Yikes.

Trolley-Dolly
Informer
Informer

Post by Trolley-Dolly »

Last edited by Trolley-Dolly on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trolley-Dolly
Informer
Informer

Post by Trolley-Dolly »

Love Lush stuff, however who can seriously be assed cleaning their bath after all the glitter from the products has exploded all over it?
purplequeen wrote:
lillian wrote:
purplequeen wrote:OMFG! Manchester and puppies vid, the blow torch for the candle what an absolutely spoilt annoying brat Fleur is. All that pathetic pouting and whimpering was nothing to do with being scared of going outside in the dark and everything to do with manipulating Mike into doing what she wanted just to reassure herself that she can because he was showing some rare resistance to being bossed about by and waiting on her hand and foot. If that marriage lasts more than a couple of years I'll be stunned.
LOL I think they are to last a very long time if not for life. I was annoyed too but I doubt Mike will file for divorce because Fleur is spoiled :D They have been together for a very long time, I doubt this is the first time Fleur pulled the princess card on him.
We all thought Michele1218 had the perfect marriage/life but Karma has just hit that spoilt bitch hard. Fleur will get hers.
Gosh you must have the perfect life to enable you to make such heartless comments about a marriage which involved a young child, who now comes from a broken home. Poor little girl. As you say "karma hit that spoilt bitch hard". Hope karma comes your way one day too! :FU:

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Trolley-Dolly wrote:
purplequeen wrote: We all thought Michele1218 had the perfect marriage/life but Karma has just hit that spoilt bitch hard. Fleur will get hers.
Gosh you must have the perfect life to enable you to make such heartless comments about a marriage which involved a young child, who now comes from a broken home. Poor little girl. As you say "karma hit that spoilt bitch hard". Hope karma comes your way one day too! :FU:
You must have read my mind because I was about to comment the exact same thing. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING a person can do in this world would make me wanna wish something like that to him/her. I can't wish something like that to my enemy let alone a complete stranger, just because she is a shopaholic and acts sometimes all spoiled and bratty with her husband as we all do at one point or another in our lifes.. that is so sad.

I didn't log into the thread for a 2 days.. and reading the last 2 pages I was surprised.. I think this is the first time it gets so heated in Fleur's thread to a point where a moderator has to post a comment to make it stop. And it was all about what? puppies and a blow torch :?
:love2:

Trolley-Dolly
Informer
Informer

Post by Trolley-Dolly »

lolita_blah wrote:
Trolley-Dolly wrote:
purplequeen wrote: We all thought Michele1218 had the perfect marriage/life but Karma has just hit that spoilt bitch hard. Fleur will get hers.
You must have read my mind because I was about to comment the exact same thing. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING a person can do in this world would make me wanna wish something like that to him/her. I can't wish something like that to my enemy let alone a complete stranger, just because she is a shopaholic and acts sometimes all spoiled and bratty with her husband as we all do at one point or another in our lifes.. that is so sad.

I didn't log into the thread for a 2 days.. and reading the last 2 pages I was surprised.. I think this is the first time it gets so heated in Fleur's thread to a point where a moderator has to post a comment to make it stop. And it was all about what? puppies and a blow torch :?
I feel the exact same way. Such a horrible and spiteful thing to say. Say all you want about her shopping habits & how spoiled she is but to wish divorce on someone? :o :( Just very sad.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Normally don't post in Fleurs' thread but since it's about LUSH I had to!

It is kind of overpriced imho for what it is & a lot of their products are gimmicky. I recieved samples of Let The Good Times Roll & Dark Angels and both were impossible to use and full of synthetic fragrance. Bad for the skin.

And their bath things are just overpriced sulphates. However it's meant to be like an "experience" or a treat. Like for your birthday or when you have major PMS as an example.

They don't pay out of pocket tho. I don't see Fleur buying LUSH on her own for some reason. BBW is another one. Literally burning your money away & she buys such expensive candles!!

Lastly, it would be nice to see Fleur buy something for Mike every so often since he seems to be the perfect husband. I mean just...wow! :P

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

To be fair though, Fleur has always said she prefers Lush at Christmas because those are the kinds of scents that she likes. I don't think she is buying them just because they are Christmassy.
I don't know why you would buy so many in one go though. Not going to lie, I get a bit carried away at Lush but it's like she bought the entire range. She probably had a gift card from Lush.
As for Lush prices, I don't think they are too bad. I guess I'm just used to paying that much though. I think the gift sets are a total rip off, you can buy all the products in the set for less so you are paying for some wrapping paper and a box. I'd rather get a cheap gift bag/box and fill it with my own picks.

Return to “FleurDeForce”